===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Once Talin is back, Ilsandrin is asleep in her room.  Vogh welcomes him with a huge hug.  I would like to talk about what happened today if that is okay?  Vogh tosses him a pouch with 10 gold coins inside.  I took these off of one of those pale dogs.  They were to be paid 100 gold to kill that woman.  They asked me to do it for them and then give me the cash.  Course I said no and turned them over to the authorities.  She said with a giggle.

VOgh then got a little more serious, I heard that melody you played at the beginning of the fight though.  What was that?  I never heard anything quite like it before.  Scared me just a little and it horrified them obviously.  They almost pissed in their pants.  Though I must say it is quite effective.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin’s face darkened a bit. “I hadn’t intended that tune, but seeing the evil in those dogs’ eyes it escaped me. Life isn’t always been a grand adventure. There is darkness in this foul world and I’ve seen more than my share.”

He gave her a weak smile to break the tension, but his eyes still showed a measure of sadness in them. Then his eyes brows climbed as he thought about what Vogh said.

“Why on earth would two dogs come all the way up from the Warrens to kill some random woman and think they were going to get paid 100 gold for it? She didn’t look like anyone special. Did you recognize her? Her apartment wasn’t much different than this one, maybe furnished a little nicer, but she’s certainly not wealthy.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
I don’t think I knew her at all, but I do know that there are a couple of groups that their members must pledge to pick out good people and kill one a day. Vogh said to Talin.

Now back to the mission at hand, I think we need to lay a trap for this fool.  I want to disguise myself as her and then disguise her as me.  She doesn’t have a performance for a few days so we have time for this to come to fruition.  I am sure he keeps an eye on this place, so you and Ilsandrin will leave in the morning.  I will remain behind.  You take a route to lose any follower and then head to the Minstrel and put her in your room.  You then sneak back out and come back this way, but stay out of sight.  Hopefully this will work before she has to go back to work.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“You think he will come here a-knocking trying to see her face to face?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
I think that if he thinks she is alone, then yes that is my thought.  He needs to become bolder for his door is closing quickly.  Vogh thought.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Alright. I don’t like the idea of leaving you alone to face this guy. I’ll sneak back and get into the apartment while she’s spirited away and safe in the Minstrel. Do you really think you can make her look like you and you like her?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Didn’t I fool you a number of times at the Minstrel?  I just need her to look like me not act like me.  I can act like her though easily enough.  If you can make it back here then I welcome you!  Vogh said as she touched his arm.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
The Bard pats both hands in the air in surrender. “Ha. ha. ok. I trust you. Lets get it done and I’ll take her.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Hahaha, well it is sleep time can I tempt you for some lovin?  Vogh says as she begins to undress out of her chain shirt and leather tunic underneath.  She tosses it onto the divan and takes a seat.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Fade to Black…
Are you going to roll Disguise checks for yours and hers? Or wait, does​ the DM do that? 🙂

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Well since I am doing my disguise and hers I would normally roll for that.

21:52, Today: Vogh rolled 23 using 1d20+13.  disguise check. For her
21:52, Today: Vogh rolled 28 using 1d20+13.  disguise check. For me

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
So is everyone leaving this night or is it the next day?

I thought Taking was leaving and coming back late at night?

Sorry. Write that up for me so I’ve got it all straight. 🙂

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
You are right, you should probably take her there now.  The man may or may not be watching so late.  Come back and we can have some fun until the sun shines.  Vogh says.

So I will disguise her now and then myself.  They will leave and Talin will return when she is settled.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin and the disguised Ilsandrin leave Vogh at the apartment and sneak out a back entrance. Before they enter the lane he grabs a coach on the main Dragon Street and has the driver wait.

Then they walk down the alley together like Talin and Vogh would. Ilsandrin does a passable job of walking like a warrior, but Talin isn’t sure if it would convince anyone who knew either woman well.

Hopefully that’s not an issue as no one was out this late and in the still drizzling rain.

The carriage whisks them over to the Ghostly Minstrel. Talin gets the disguised Ilsandrin up to the room quickly and returns to the main room. Unfortunately two young women occupy the stage tonight. He sighed and decided to go ahead and return to the apartment.

He tried to hail another carriage but apparently that was the last one out for the night. He hoofed it down Tavern Row, to Sunrise Street, then took a strange turn and went down North Gate road until he reached Fallow Street. This allowed him to come to Ilsandrin’s apartment squeezing through alley’s instead of taking any main roads, and once again enter from the back door.

Talin knocked on the door lightly, leaving a small puddle on the floor outside before Vogh answered and let him in.

The night was uneventful, or at least uninterrupted, and morning dawned clear and fresh.

“Ilsandrin was tucked away safe and I told her not to leave the room. I left Tellith with instructions to take breakfast up but to only knock and leave it so as not to disturb ‘you’ sleeping in.” The handsome man smiled at his simple deception as he lay in bed.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
That is great Vogh said as she laid there with Talin.  So, I suppose you should go soon, I think you should escort me to the theater.  Even though he probably knows I don’t have a show, I can be going there to check on some things.  You can then leave me there and make it obvious.  Find somewhere to hide and observe the place.  I will then leave an hour or so later, alone.  I will head back here in hope that he follows me.  Hopefully he takes the bait. 

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Alright. Will do. I’m ready to go when you are. I’ll leave and then probably move up to the roof to stay out of sight.”

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin and Vogh disguised as Ilsandrin left midmorning and headed to the theater.

After just a bit he left out the front door and walked down Dragon Street to Emperor’s Road whistling while he walked.

As he reached half way down Emperor’s road he stopped and made a show of grabbing a morning pastry as he searched around for anyone following him. Then he quickly ducked into an alley behind a rolling cart and cast Silent Image of himself walking and eating which he dismissed once it rounded the corner onto Center Street.

Talin quickly ran through the alleys back to Dragon Street. Before exiting the alley he was in he cast Invisibility on himself (6 minutes) then quickly jumped across the wide street avoiding anyone and scaling the roof of the theater above the door where Vogh should exit.

There he waited for her, watching for the man, and preparing to cast another invisibility spell.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:47, Mon 08 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had waited the proper amount of time that would allow Talin to get into position to observe her as she left the theater.  She waited just a min more and then opened the door to the alley and peered out looking for trouble like a worried girl might do when she is expecting trouble.

If there was nothing, she called back in to no one in particular and said, okay it seems clear to me John.  I will see you tomorrow for the performance.  Thanks again for the chance to make sure things were going to be perfect.  You know I like that.  Vogh then slid out the door into the alley and hurried down towards her apartment.  She remembered to always look back over her shoulder to make sure she wasn’t being followed like a worried girl would.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:52, Mon 08 May 2017.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The disguised Vogh was able to make it to her apartment with no sign of the man.

She entered the building a bit frustrated at his lack of appearance and made her way up to Ilsandrin’s. Vogh unlocked the door and entered flopping down on the primary chair in the room.

How have you hidden weapons and armor in this disguise? Or did you leave them off?

Vogh didn’t know, but Talin was following her from the roof tops, invisible.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Flopping down on the chair, Vogh was instantly reminded about her buckler that was strapped to her back under her coat.  That and her scabbard dug right into her hip.  Letting out a bit of a ouch at the sudden poke.  She removed her coat then and took off her scabbard and buckler and placed it on the side of the chair.

Well, that didn’t work, she thought to herself.  Unless of course he was just watching to see if the two people were no longer watching out for her.  That might be it.  She waited till Talin returned to see if he saw anything at all.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
There’s a light knock at the door.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
The knock startled Vogh out of thoughts.  She cursed herself for not having a secret knock for Takin.  That would be something she would remedy though when she saw him again.

Moving to the door Vogh answers in Ilsandrins voice, who is it?

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
No answer. Just another light knock.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh went to her blade and pulled it out while at the same time she grabbed her buckler.  She went to the door then and pulled it open.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The old man she had seen before was startled at a barred blade before him. He stepped back, mouth open…

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh almost blanched at the sight of the man.  He was here at the apartment……

Keeping in character Vogh says, my friends left me with a blade to protect myself.  What do you want?  I told you I don’t want anything from you and to leave me alone.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The man stuttered as he looked from “Ilsandrin” to the blade back to her face.

Vogh noticed he was not old, probably in his early fifties. He was well dressed, probably a shop owner of some kind. He had on loose fitting, but stylish, clothing including a red vest with copper buttons. No weapon was visible that Vogh could see.

He held his hands up and backed up a step, but there was a hunger in his eyes that was obvious.

“I.. I… I want you Ilsandrin! We are meant to be! I love you!”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh wasn’t sure what to do at that moment so she began to hum, she always did it when she was nervous.  She really didn’t want to kill this man, but she did have a job to do and that was to protect Ilsandrin.  How could she do that without changing the situation greatly.  She then lowered her weapon and began to sing more steady and with a purpose.  She would fascinate this man and then tie him up.

Use ability to fascinate the man.
20:47, Today: Vogh rolled 20 using 1d20+13.  perform sing.  Will save DC20 to not be fascinated.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The man is captivated, thinking Ilsandrin is singing directly to him. His eyes glaze over as he tries to keep her in focus in front of him. Clearly Vogh’s ability is working. The man is enthralled.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh brings the man over to the chair while singing the whole time.  She then sits on the couch and while still singing she waits for Talin to arrive.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin enters moments after Vogh has the man seated and stops startled.

He adds his own voice to hers and starts to dance around the man reaching for Vogh’s hand.

They do a couple circuits then he produces a rope like a magic trick and they wrap him up, tied to the chair.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Once the man is tied to the chair, Vogh stops singing to stop the effect she was having on the older man.

Once the fascination wears off the man realizes that he is tied up and now instead of Ilsandrin standing in front of him it is Vogh.  As Vogh used the time it took for the fascination to wear off to get back to herself.  Taking off the wig and rubbing off the makeup she had put on.

Now listen up here mister.  What is your name?  Vogh asks harshly, then she thinks about what Talin did to those boys and pulled him over to the side.  Talin think you could put a scare into this man? 

===========================================================
Samlin
———————————————————–
Talin draws out his sword and hums a bit of a discorded tune that would put the hair on the back of a cat on end.

“Oh! Oh! My name is Samlin. Where is Ilsandrin? We are meant to be together. We love each other!”

This message was last updated by the GM at 14:11, Wed 10 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
I don’t think he is afraid enough Talin.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin laid his razor sharp sword blade against the mans neck drawing the faintest line of blood.

Salin: “What do you want from me?! I have few coins. Take what I have! Just tell me Ilsandrin is safe!

Why you makin’ me do everything? 😀

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Ilsandrin is safe, but perhaps not for long.  You will leave the girl be or the next time you are tied up in this chair, Ilsandrin will be tied in the other chair and I will draw more than just a thin line across her throat. I will split it wide open and you will watch her bleed to death.  Then I will use it to kill you next.  Talin said with death dripping with every word.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Salin’s eyes open WIDE at that declaration and starts to whimper and cry.

“Ok. Ok. I’ll leave her be. Please don’t hurt her!”

Dear lord… I never would have thought to do that…

A light knock comes at the door.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:25, Wed 10 May 2017.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Her life hangs in your hands now.  If we hear or see anything about you talking to her, then we will arrange a meetup and the image I just presented to you will come true.  Talin says this while untying the man.  Now get out and never come back!

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh moves to the door while Talin begins to untie the man.  Who is it?

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
A strong male voice answers from the other side of the door. “Brother Fabitor Thisk of St. Gustav’s Chapel. I’m here to talk to you about the young woman you helped.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh opens the door just a crack at first to see if it was a brother.  If so she opens the door wide.  How can I help you?

===========================================================
Fabitor Thisk
———————————————————–
“Are you the ones who assisted young Phon last night? Um.. is everything alright with that man?

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Yes, this man has been harassing a young woman that lives here.  We were hired to help her with the problem and I know we came to an agreement that he will be leaving her alone now.  Isn’t that right mister?  Vogh quickly added.

Now, what is it about Phon you were saying?  Is she okay?

===========================================================
Fabitor Thisk
———————————————————–
Brother Fabitor shuts his open mouth and shakes his head a bit to refocus on Vogh and what she just said. “Yes. Yes. Quite right. She’s well and okay, thanks to you that I hear. Um… May I come in?”

He enters the door and steps out of the way as Samlin rushes out and away, weeping. Then Vogh shuts the door behind the Brother.

“Oh my. Yes. Well. Um. Phon is a friend and I’m quite worried about her. First, thank you so much for helping her. Not everyone in this city would have done that. Especially not expecting anything in return.” He fixes his eyes on the hansom Talin and smiles before he resumes speaking.

“Anyhow. Yes. Um. As I said. I’m very worried after her. She’s a wonderful young woman and I greatly fear she’s in some kind of trouble.” He lowers his voice even though no one else is around as he leans in closer. “I terribly fear the young thing was having some affair and has gotten herself pregnant… She’s a wonderful girl but quite naive I fear.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh listens to the brother’s words.  She is not sure why he would come to them with this information though.  IT was no problem to save her.  We saw her in need and came to help.  But, how do you think we can help with the current situation?

===========================================================
Fabitor Thisk
———————————————————–
“Well. Ahem. I had, uh, wondered if possibly you could look into this matter a little further. I, uh, don’t think those thugs attacked her randomly…”

He let that thought hang in the air for a bit.

“And what you just said about being hired to help the woman who, uh, lives here. Well maybe you could help figure out who, if anyone, um… is trying to hurt Phon, maybe? I would be happy to extend a 100gp credit for healing and restoration for you at St. Gustav’s Chapel. I run the chapel there and those who are active in, uh, you know, fighting use my services often.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Catching on now, Vogh nods at what the brother is saying.  Well, now I get it.  We will need a little information about Phon and whom the father to be is.  As for the credit we thank you, but we hope it isn’t needed.  The thugs should be with the authorities now.  I am not sure if we will be able to speak with them anymore, but we can try.  Vogh curses herself for not getting any name while they tried to get her to do the task for them.

===========================================================
Fabitor Thisk
———————————————————–
“Oh! Uh. Please consider the credit indefinite. I don’t have coin to pay you, but if you’re ever hurt, ah, on the job, please come see me and I’ll see you fixed up immediately!”

Brother Fabitor clears his throat and adjusts his brown robe.

“I don’t even know if Phon really is pregnant. I just have my suspicions. But I don’t know anything about a father. Uh… her full name is Phon Quartermain. She… she works as a seamstress at Saches on Meadow Street just south of the Mane. So will you look into this? I so appreciate it!”

This message was last updated by the GM at 22:09, Wed 10 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh looks to Talin and gives a shrug as if asking him what he thought.

When he gave a nod back, Vogh says, we will look into it for you and then come to the chapel and let you know what we found.  How does that sound?

===========================================================
Fabitor Thisk
———————————————————–
“Oh. More than wonderful​! Thank you! I wish I could do it myself, but I’m not young anymore and I’m the only person at the Chapel. There is probably already a long line waiting for me over there as we speak. Thank you again!”

He waves as he exits with a large smile and a bit of a spring in his step.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Well now Vogh looks like we have ourselves another job.  We should finish this one out first before we start anything more.  Talin said.

We should head on over to The Ghostly Minstrel and tell Ilsandrin the good news about her stalker.  We can then follow her back here to make sure everything is okay and then return to The Ghostly Minstrel for some merriment and fun.  The last part said with a wry grin.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:12, Thu 11 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had been thinking the exact thing when Talin spoke of checking on Ilsandrin. Great idea sweetie.  We can enjoy the evening then with not a worry.

With that Vogh and Takin departed Ilsandrin’s apartment to head to The Ghostly Minstrel.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The duo make it back to the Ghostly Minstrel, passing right by the St Gustav’s Cathedral with a new view, before night had fully fallen.

Talin quickly approached Tellith to let her know he was available to perform that night and he came back to Vogh as they went up to the room.

“What would you think of us three doing something tonight? That girl has some pipes. Maybe we could pull off a trio?”

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:00, Thu 11 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh would Luke to perform with Ilsandrin, but she wasn’t sure if she would do something like that a day before a performance.  We can ask her if she would be able.  If not she can watch us, if she wants that is.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Ah. Good point my lady. We’ll fetch her and take her home. Would you like to take a carriage?”

Talin agrees a carriage would be fastest to get them there and back in time to perform.

He lets Tellith know they will return immediately and heads outside to stop a stage on Center street.

Shortly thereafter they walked Ilsandrin to her apartment. She thanked them profusely and told them to come visit her anytime at the Theater.

The stage returns them to Delver’s Square and the Minstrel quickly and without any excitement.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:17, Thu 11 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
An open carriage sounds good.  (Unless it is still raining which you haven’t said it is)  We can look at the night sky as we travel.  Vogh says with stars in her eyes.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Sorry, forgot I needed to re-post what I lost yesterday.

The trio enjoyed a peaceful evening ride down the always busy Center Street. Surprisingly the always cloudy and misty skies were totally clear. The stars shown bright down on the city, clear and beautiful.

People walking moved out of the way as the carriage moved slowly and cautiously down the street. The driver didn’t need to holler or yell. The clopping of the horses hooves and the clatter of the carriage’s steel covered wood wheels on the smooth stones were a warning to everyone walking.

Only two other carriages passed by while they made their way. One was a beautifully crafted and ornate closed carriage with glass, very rare, in the windows. They three discussed who that might have been. No house crests were prevalent on the carriage to identify.

Finally they arrived in front of Ilsandrin’s apartment. The driver quickly set the brake and hopped down from his perch to open the door for the ladies to descend. Talin politely asked him to wait for their return and then the three of them went to Ilsandrin’s door.

“Thank you again so much for your assistance!” The singer wrapped Vogh in a hug and then did the same for Talin.

Vogh and Talin bid her farewell and told her to contact them at the Minstrel if she ever had need of them again.

They descended the stairs and reentered the carriage which whisked them back to the Minstrel where the drier once more jumped down and opened the door with a little flourish of his small, fabric, curve-billed hat.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
The night and ride was very peaceful and enjoyable.  Vogh had chatted with Ilsandrin quit a bit about her performances and promised she would come sit in on one again soon.

When Vogh and Talin returned to the Minstrel they both performed that night. Earning a gold piece each in tips.

They retired to his room at the Minstrel, she closed the door and locked it.  fade to black…..

The next morning Vogh was woken by Talin who had left and gotten breakfast and had now returned.  The smell of fresh bread and coffee was overwhelming to her senses and she just then realized she hadn’t eaten the night prior because of all the excitement.   Thank you so much for this, I am famished.

After some small talk, Vogh got dressed and the two of them made their way to see Phon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:06, Fri 12 May 2017.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
After eating Talin dressed, including his wonderful sword, and they made their way downstairs. Before exiting the common room into Delver’s Square he stopped.

“Hey Vogh. Didn’t that Brother say the girl worked at Saches?”

Talin then walked over to a posting board near the door of the Minstrel and pointed to a hand written paper pinned to the board.

“That’s what I thought love. I knew I had seen this in a couple places before. Well it’s just a few blocks from here. Have you ever walked through the Mane with all the litorians? It’s really beautiful.”

The bard fixed his hat in place and opened the door for his beautiful companion.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Center street was especially busy. Vogh and Talin had to move out the way of multiple carriages, both open and fully closed. Many closed carts carrying only the gods new passed as well.

Two green orcs who towered over most of the street crowd strode side by side clanking in full plate mail. Both had massive swords strapped to their backs.

Vogh subtly points out the orc on their left. “Do you see how that one has gold caps on his tusks? That marks him as a war chieftain in his tribe.”

Talin is quite impressed by his companions knowledge, then he has the chance to share some lore as they reach the huge nature expanse named the Mane.

“I know you’re aware of the lion people, litorians. But this whole are they inhabit is called The Mane. Ha. Obviously after the fact they have manes. HaHa. Originally this entire area was simply a park.”

They turned right and entered an area with incredibly tree coverage. Vogh had never needed to enter this area before, but Talin seemed completely confident. The path was well worn and covered in coblestones. The trees thinned as they neared a lake with two bridges and a large open area with dozens of tents, campfire areas, and many groups of the huge lion people.

“Something really interesting about the litorians is that they have no sense of land ownership. They treat everything as communal tribe living. There are even some humans who live among them and they are accepted. Also, did you know the City Watch never bother to patrol The Mane? The litorians take care of their own and keep peace, with their own sense of justice which is actually far more strict than the city watch’s.”

A few of the litorians who were at work with various tasks looked up to observe the walkers, most ignored them. None were hostile, especially since the duo were merely passing through.

The short walk took them over the southern bridge and they exited onto Meadow Street and found Saches just to their left.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:19, Sun 14 May 2017.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Saches, the women’s clothing store, has a few clerks and seamstresses. They sell simple, sensible clothing for practical, middle-class women. This includes mostly dresses, smocks, blouses, pants, jackets, and wraps.

A young woman greets the two as they enter the shop. “Welcome to Saches. How may I help you today”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had seen the Litorians many times in her travels and in the city before.  They were a majestic race to her.  She had thought many times, if she were to be reincarnated she hoped it would be one of the she became.

As they passed through the beautifully kept Mane she looked at the wares as she went.  When Talin called out to her that the Saches was in sight, she went to it and went inside.

Yes, we are looking for someone by the name of Phon.  Might she be in?

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The rather plain young woman was dressed in a working dress, that is to say sturdy material with a white apron on the front with hundreds of stray threads stuck to it and a plethora of various pins used when crafting clothing.

“Oh. Are you a friend of hers? She is actually at home. Recently two vagrants attacked her and she’s still pretty shook up.” The young woman was clearly troubled by the attack and sad for her friend.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh hadn’t known that Phon was still shaken up about what happened, but it made sense.  Well thank you for your help.  Yes, we are the ones who helped her out.  We were just going to check in on her to make sure everything was okay.  I guess we will just go to her home.  Thank you!.  With that Vogh turned to Talin and said, Lead the way my handsome man.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The young woman thanks the two profusely and asks them to wait a moment. The two seamstresses and two clerks, all females, come and thank Vogh and Talin. Each wanted to shake their hands and personally show their appreciation.

The first young lady, who called herself Aubree asked Vogh, “Is there anything we can do to help? Anything at all? She sent a message that she was staying home a bit. Noella went by her house to bring her a bite to eat yesterday.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh waited and greeted the women.  They were all nice and seemed to care for Phon quite a bit which was good.  She would need friends if she was that shaken up.  I think that you all are doing a fine job already.  Before Phon was attacked, did you notice anything different about Phon by chance?

===========================================================
Aubree
———————————————————–
Aubree looked at the other girls who mulled it over then she spoke up, “Oh. I know. This seems small, at times it seemed as though Phon had more money than she should. You know. Not like a lot more, but she never really appeared to have money problems. Her apartment is over by the Theater and really nice. And she lives alone. That’s nicer than any of us could afford and we all get paid about the same. Ya know?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh looked to Talin when Aubree brings up the money issue.  It could have been the reason she was targeted in the first place.  You never know what can help.  Thank you again for everything.  Just keep up caring and it will help her in the long run.  Talin and I will head over and see her now.

Once outside, Vogh says, that was some interesting information.  She is getting paid for something…. or she is stealing it.  Lets go talk with her, shall we.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Quite. Quite…” Talin agreed as they excited and walked the blocks over to the apartment where he delivered her just the other night when she was attacked.

They didn’t go back through the mane since they needed to head to the East near the Theater.

It was another beautiful Ptolus day. Bright sun bringing the temperature up enough to make one sweat lightly. They walked together enjoying the day and the bustle around them.

Talin stopped and grabbed a light meat pie for an early lunch and bought one for Vogh too if she was interested.

They passed the Theater and turned down a street one block from Ilsandrin’s. Talin brought Vogh to another apartment house and entered the front door ascending to the top and knocking on the door.

The scared young woman named Vogh cracked the door open slightly but had a protective chain still drawn across the door. It was obvious she had been crying. Upon seeing her two rescuers she opened the door and invited them in.

“Please take a seat and I’ll be right back after I freshen up.” She stepping into the washroom and came back after having washed her face and cleaned herself up a bit. Phon still held a stained handkerchief.

The apartment was indeed larger and nicer than Ilsandrin’s just a block over. Her furnishings were nice and the apartment even had a balcony that stretched out to view the front of the building and the street.

“I cannot thank you enough for what you did the other night. But what brings you by?”

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:46, Mon 15 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
The day was nice and Talin’s presence was even nicer.  He bought her a meat pie and they sat on a bench and ate while chatting about nothing and everything.  When their meal was finished they made their way to the apartment Phon was staying.  Talin led the way up to the door and lightly knocked.  He was quite the gentleman she thought.

When Phon came to the door clearly disheveled, Vogh wondered if she had been crying the whole time.  Lightly placing her hand on Phon’s knee, Vogh said, You are still taking things pretty hard huh.  We just stopped by to see how you were doing and talk a little.

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
The young woman started to tear up again at Vogh’s sincere question.

“I’m okay.” she sniffles. “Everything is just so, awful, right now.” She put her head down and sighed shakily, trying not to cry again.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Awful?  How so, Phon?  Vogh asks.

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
OOC: I should have known you would ask that and just written more. That was stupid. Sorry! 😀

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Phon didn’t run away or give any indication she wanted them to leave so Vogh pressed a bit further.

“I thought someone loved me, but clearly they don’t!”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh looked to Talin when Phon said what she said.  She hadn’t heard him say anything about love yet, but his actions spoke loud enough to her.

I can understand that Phon, we sometimes think that the other person loves us, but sometimes they just use us to get what they want. Vogh waited till Phon had her head in her hands before shrugging and looking to Talin.  Do you know if it had anything to do with your attack?  Perhaps they just wanted to be rid of you and this was an easy option.

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
Phon jerked her head up with a horrified expression on her face.

“NO! NEVER!!! He loves…” All the anger and denial drained from her face as he heard her own words. “No. He would never have me killed. He is a good and holy man. He said he cannot see me anymore as I am with child, his child, and he would be ruined if his wife found out. But he promised to support me and the baby!” Phon said her last sentence forcefully, trying to convince herself and those in the room the man who cast her aside was not bad at all.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh could see the change come over the woman quickly as she pondered the chance that her lover might have been the one behind her attempted murder.  When she explained further about his character Vogh asked a simple question, is it Fabitor Thisk by chance?  He came and spoke with us about you.  He was worried and wanted us to help you.

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
“Oh by all the heavens no. He’s been like a father to me.” Phon smiles as she speaks of the Brother of the church. She touches her stomach that barely even seems pregnant. “He’s the only one that knows about the baby. Other than the father and yourselves.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Relieved that the priest wasn’t the father, Vogh asks finally, who is the father then?

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
“I cannot, will not, tell. It would ruin him, and he’s still promising to take care of me and the baby to make sure we’re taken care of.”

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 10:47, Tue 16 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh smiled at Phon and her what she said.  Phone was full of hope, but all that would come crashing down once she knew the truth of it all.  She had been discarded…

Okay then that settles that.  Let’s move on to more current affairs.  Do you have any idea why you were attacked?

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
“Huh? No… I assume it was just muggers.”

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:20, Wed 17 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Why do you say muggers?  Did they ask you for your money or say something towards that?  Did they call you by name ever?  The questions were geared towards her jogging her memory of the event.

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
“I. Uh. I don’t know. What else would they be doing? I…” Vogh and Talin could see the girl struggle to remember that night with the flurry of questions Vogh threw at her.

“It all happened so fast. They attacked me and drug me into the alley. They took me down to the ground. I screamed. Then moments later you two were there to help me. No one used my name… How would they have known my name?”

She was clearly rattled and her head spinning.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Disappointed that Phon couldn’t remember much, Vogh gave the woman some time to think about that night before continuing on.

To answer your question about knowing your name, the two men were from a group called The Pale Dogs.  A nasty sort.  The come from the Warrens which as you know is on the far east side of the city near the docks.  That is a long way to come for just a normal mugging.  I have a feeling they were sent particularly for you.

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
She’s speechless for a second while processing what Vogh said. “I still don’t understand…? You’re saying they were sent to mug me?” She was clearly struggling with the concept of someone being sent to harm her.

As Vogh pressed the point that it wasn’t a mugging Phon really clams up and the look on her face showed she was stuck trying to process the information.

Vogh and Talin sat in silence, giving her the time to process and come to terms.

“I need you to say it…” she spoke in nearly a whisper.

Talin met her eyes and spoke softly and calmly, “We believe the father of your child hired these dogs… to kill you and your baby… We’re so sorry.”

Phon broke down crying again, her shoulders heaving with deep breaths trying to settle herself as sobs racked her body.

When she finally caught her breath she managed to squeak out, “You… don’t… know… that…”

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:10, Thu 18 May 2017.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Phon denying it gave Talin an idea. He asked Vogh for the two bags of gold she took off the vagrants. He showed both to Phon explaining they took those off the boys who attacked her.

“How do you think two dogs got 10 gold pieces each? Same size, weight, style? They were paid for something…”

He upended both bags onto the table and all three of them got a surprise.

A note drifted out the bottom of the second bag and landed on the table. Vogh snatched it up before Talin could. It read: “Phon Quartermail. 3rd buliding easter side of Duster Street. Blak hair, yung. After: the red wairhuse on Able row, 2 hours after dusk. Theoday”

OOC: Today is Fireday (saturday). She was attacked on Kingday (tuesday) so Theoday (monday) is day after tomorrow.

link: https://ptol.us/players-…nd-days-of-the-week/

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:11, Thu 18 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
After reading the note, Vogh wanted to say I told you so, but refrained from doing so because of just how pitiful Phon looked.

Instead she said, Phon I am sorry about all of this.  This note here proves enough.  Handing it to her so Phon could read it.  After she read it Vogh asked, does the hand writing look familiar to you?

So Talin, want to disguise ourselves and go to this meeting?  Vogh asked Talin.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Phon says she does not recognize the writing at all.

Talin is excited about a sting operation!

He scooped up the coins back into the bags and hands them back to Vogh.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh takes the bags back and places them back in her backpack.  She looks to Talin and his excited look puts a smile on her face.  Okay Phon, I want you to stay inside for the next 2 days.  We will come back to you and give you the secret knock.  Vogh performs it for her so she understands.  If you hear this knock it is us, if not don’t let anyone in.  I mean no one.  WE will try to get this taken care of for you.  Still don’t want to give us a name?

===========================================================
Phon
———————————————————–
The look Phon presents resembles a petulant child more than an able bodied adult and she shakes her head.

“No. I can’t. And you still don’t know it’s him.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Even though Phon was being stubborn, Vogh had said she would figure out this whole thing.  Okay Phon, just stay here and do as I asked.  WE will be back.

With that she looked over to Talin and gave a head motion to move out.  Once outside the woman’s apartment, Vogh said, That poor girl, she doesn’t even know what truth is right now.  Let us see if we can make the transition to those little Pale dogs and go to that meeting.

Vogh exits the apartment with Talin in tow and they head the Minstrel to make some plans.  Course the plan is simple, alter our looks via magic and then meet this person and grab them and turn them in to the officials.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
OOC: Since it’s mid-morning of today, and you have 2 days until the meet. What do you want to do to kill time before you go? What time do you want to arrive at the warehouse? The warehouse is in midtown on Able Row, which is just 3 block south of the Minstrel. Remember your Alter Self only lasts 60 minutes and Talin’s only 40, right?

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:24, Fri 19 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Talin what do you say we go there today real quick to map out the area?  Vogh asked.  We can get a better idea of what we will deal with that day.  Then I say we get there 2 hours before dusk with normal disguises and then when we are ready for the meet we will cast our spells and show up.

You are correct on the durations.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“I think that sounds like a great idea. Phon, it really would be best for you to stay home and not leave at all. As Vogh said, only open the door if its us who knocks. You could still be in danger.”

Talin really puts concern in his voice to make sure she understands the gravity of the situation.

He gets up and opens the door for Vogh, looking down the stairs and around the landings to make sure everything is clear. As no one is present he waves his hand forward beckoning her to exit.

“We will be back no later than Kingsday. Please stay safe. Brother Fabitor asked us to look after you, but we can’t babywatch.”

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:52, Fri 19 May 2017.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Following close to Talin on the way out, Vogh admires his back side.  She would have some fun with him tonight she thought.

Back to the task at hand.  Lets head to Able Row and the warehouse we are to meet.  I want to know that place like the back of my hand. 

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
They were able to make their way through the crowd down Center Street until they turned off and made their way down Able road.

They were able to find the red warehouse. It was an innocuous-looking rectangular wooden building with a partial second floor. Men moved around large boxes, unloading wagons, loading wagons that soon left. Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Is there anything specific you would like to know?

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
ooc: I just want to know the full layout of the warehouse to include exits, windows and route away from the place a well.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
In reply to Vogh (msg # 350):

There is the main entrance which consists of two huge doors that 2 wagons abreast could move through. These doors are the ones that open facing north on to Able row. Then there is a single door directly opposite the large doors on the south side. It’s easy to see there is a raised platform that’s got openings to over look the shop floor and windows that look over the back side of the warehouse which is in the alley way.

There are building on either side and behind.

View the Ptolus map to see Able row.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
After their scouting mission, Vogh looks to Talin.  Is there something you would like to do for the rest of the day?  I would like to do something fun.  We have had a few stress filled days lately and that sounds good.  Perhaps a sauna and some swimming or something like that?

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“That sounds like a grand plan! Would you like to visit a bath house? I haven’t had a good bath in a while.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
A bathhouse sounds just what I need.  Where is the best one in Ptolus?  Vogh asks, having no idea.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“I say let’s go to Row Bathhouse. It’s just down from the Minstrel and for two pennies they will completely clean your clothes too.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Talin had the day planned and it sounded like it would be a pleasant day indeed.  No worries and just relaxing and spending time with each other.

Guess we can advance to the evening we need to meet.

The past day and a half was great, but now was the time for the two to make their way back to the warehouse on Able Row.  Disguised like people they saw down there the day they went to scout, Vogh and Talin make their way to the warehouse and the back door.  The note didn’t say exactly where they were to meet so she figured to just get there and figure it out then.

Let us hide inside somewhere and when it is time we can cast our spells and walk into the light so to speak.  How does that sound to you Talin?

Submit Homebrew Content for this Item