Previous : Ugly Inc : Chapter 3 : Den Upon the Sand : Part 3 | Next : Coming Soon…

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Init 16, HP 27, AC 19
Kray steeled himself and rushed forward, holding onto his courage as he passed back into the second cavern.  If you run again, Ash will NEVER let you live it down.  He will make chicken sounds at you for a fortnight

He felt the wave of terror hit him as the undead dwarfs came into view.  And.. nothing,
Will save – 22

With a great sense of relief, and a surge in confidence at his will, Kray took up a firing stance and picked out the advancing worm.

I have got them sister

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:50, Sun 28 Jan.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash moved slowly forward, allowing Crow and Kray to find and finish the worms.  They were tiny, but somehow scarier than the enormous spiders had been.  As he moved, he took a moment to finally pull the spider webbing off of himself. Take 10 STR check – 17 succeeds.

Once he got to the intersection, he looked down at the pale, disfigured bodies of what probably used to be dwarves….maybe?  Whatever they used to be, they were now something completely different, and the wriggling worms coving their bodies reinforced Ash’s desire to keep his distance from the worms and the zombie dwarves.

Ash, himself, had not faced undead opponents too often, but he had trained at the citadel with a group who specialized in them.  They had talked at length about fighting the mindless beings, how they tended to move more slowly, but in a herky-jerky way, and the types of attacks that were more effective against most of them.  Although it was clear the idea of “undead” covered a rather broad spectrum of beings.  Nevertheless, Ash envisioned combat with these two, how he would attack, how he would defend, should they manage to get loose before Crow and Kray could put them down with arrows.  Flex Feat: Dedicated Adversary – Undead

I don’t know what coulda done that to those two, but let’s make sure we don’t end up at the same destination. For the tenth time today Ash cursed himself for not paying attention when they had handed out code names.  Uhh, Bossy, Squawkers, you’re up.  I’ll cover ya in case anything gets too close. Ready an attack in case the zombies get loose and close on the group.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Like Ash, Buto took a moment to throw the webbing off of himself. Take 10 STR check – 15 – succeeds. He took up a position near Ash, but left room for Crow, Kray, Temple and the others to move up and fire their assortment of ranged weapons.

The zombies looked solidly chained in place.  Nevertheless, Buto prepared himself, lest they break out of their bonds.  Ready an attack should the zombies break free.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch kept up his song a little longer not knowing if they would need it.  Cruch pulled the last remaining strands of webbing from his body and moved forward.  Rolled a 22 for str check.

He saw the two tiny worms get killed by Crow as he shot from behind them to cover their movement forward.  A little praise for the ‘worm killer’ rang out in his song!  I guess the saying is true, the early bird gets the worm.. Cruch’s song had a weird timbre as he thought about that.

Cruch kept an eye on the ground making sure no worms came close to him.  Soon he would all out charge the dwarven creatures.

Moved my token forward

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
Detaching himself from the shattered body of the spider, the Skinner launches himself up at the wall before skittering around it, clinging to the rock face with an unsettling ease as his leather clothing (please let it be clothing) roils with subtle colour, matching the background easily and quickly making it uncomfortably difficult to make him out – well, unless you happen to have Darkvision, in which case he’s there, over there.

Single-move climb and move around, never less than ten feet above ground level, re-entering stealth as I do so.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray slid forward a few steps and loosed two more arrows at the worms, clearing the way for the rest of the crew to advance into the last cavern.

Rapid shot on the two closet worms.
Hit AC 18,10 damage
Hit AC 26, 16 damage

The little archer was already gesturing to his sister before the second arrow even sunk into the last worm.  Clear!  Move up.  Get’em!

Kray spoke back to the group “Don’t worry big guys, we got the scary worms.  You can go see the friendly dwarves now!” 

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Init 9, HP 37, AC 18 – accidentally rolled will save again, but I didn’t need to. I passed the first one.

Crow flew up as her little brother fired two arrows into the distant cavern.  She knew she would see two worms wriggling in death throws on the end of arrowheads. She trusted his aim and didn’t waste any time looking at the vile things.

She did see the dwarves once move, straining to get to them past their chains.    Buto, use your arms and get them from beyond their reach.”

She suited her own words and stayed a solid 20 feet in the air, on the opposite side of the cavern entrance from Temple.  There was no need to draw eyes to him when he was taking all the rippling, quese-inducing effort to blend into the wall.

The arrow were unlikey to be a good weapon against the undead flesh of the dwarves, so she chose out another slow-burn arrow and launched it at one of the constructs.

shoot zombie closest to Crow
60 ft flying move, then bow shot with slow-burn arrow
Hit AC 20 for 10 piercing magical damage, 1 fire damage next turn

This message was last edited by the player at 11:19, Thu 01 Feb.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Once the group moved to where they could see the entire room, it was breathtakingly beautiful. The way the torches played off the glittering natural stone made this room a stunning visual display. The only detractor, design wise, was the disgusting, worm ridden, filthy and stinky zombies which seemed to be chained to a slab of dull, matte black stone. The stone slab rectangle was really large. Buto could easily lie down on it, and it seemed oddly out of place in the sparkling and twinkling room.

Crow’s arrow thudded into the zombie. More worms flew from its body with the impact, and the smell of rotten flesh was joined with the smell of burning, rotten flesh.

While the group gathered in the largest room, with bodies of dead spiders all around, they heard a scaping sound echo from the chamber beyond where they all stood. Then the stones shuddered a bit as the sound of something against stone screeched down the hall and assaulted their ears. Looking down the corridor opposite where Crow and Temple were, everyone could easily see a huge skeleton, likely that of a giant at one point, pressing itself into the narrow tunnel. Fortunately for the group, it looked like the thing’s size prevented it from entering the room they currently occupied. However, they would certainly have to deal with it to advance further into these caves.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash heard the scraping of the beast from behind them and glanced over his shoulder to see the incredible skeleton.  It most certainly had been a giant; though the body had little flesh on it, Ash had worked the mines with many giant-kind and it was pretty easy to see that this skeleton must have belonged to such a being.  Oh goodie

Ash thought the creature wouldn’t be able to fit through the opening, but he had also seen just how much stone giant could move which made him uniquely nervous to turn his back to the thing.  Blue Meanie!  Watch out backsides in case that thing breaks through!  We’ll take care of these zombies.

Ash, personally, was not interested in getting too close to the worm-infested zombies unless he absolutely had to.  So he drew his crossbow and did his best impression of an archer, firing a bolt into one of the wriggling worms. Ash aimed at the worm closest to Crow. Hit AC 18 for 4 dmg.  Dead worm.  Roll20 updated

Feathers! Time to earn your pay.  Put those zombies down!

This message was last edited by the player at 07:01, Mon 29 Jan.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto turned to look at the giant skeleton.  Finally, an opponent worthy of Buto.  He almost rushed off, but thought better of it at the last moment.  Perhaps the others would need him here.  No use destroying the giant only to find his companions (the term “friend” was not one he could ever bring himself to use in regards to them, but they were at least more than acquaintances.) turned to zombies also wouldn’t do.

Buto took a few strides towards the other end of the room and made ready to fight the beast.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx begins to prepare herself to attack.  She had been just tagging along not doing a whole lot while the others were fighting and she didn’t like it.

First Cast Barkskin
Then Cast Protection from evil
Last round shield
Final spell will be alter self

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:43, Mon 29 Jan.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray stepped forward and kept working his bow.  He knew there was something behind him… something big and scary.  But he had a job… no worms could get to his friends.  Buto, Ash, and the rest could take care of whatever it was.  He stayed lacked on target

Rapid shot on worms
Hit AC28, 13 damage
Hit AC28, 15 damage

Thum… thwack… thum…thawk

Kray was glad for the second quiver.  At this rate, he would run out of arrows soon.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:18, Thu 01 Feb.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow barely noticed Kray kill the two most recent worms.  She was too busy making a sharp clucking sound that should not have been possible for one with lips and not a beak.

Scale-brained!  Her arrwos were unlikely to do much to the reanimated dwarfs, and she needed Buto here.  Once she got a good look at what he had seen and she had not, she toned down her insult from “scale-brained” to “meat-head”.  That thing would be nasty, and her arrows would like do even less to it.

“Ash, you keep an eye on that thing… from a distance. Yes?  I need Buto here.  Hitting these things releases more worms.  Buto can hit them from a distance. Yes?”

She directed her attention back to the things and shot two more slow burn arrows at the same one, hoping that the fire would work where bleeding would not.

Rapid shot with slow burn arrows on zombie closest to her
Hit AC26,9 piercing,2 fire next round,
Hit AC20, 8 piercing ,3 fire next round

This message was last edited by the player at 11:17, Thu 01 Feb.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch watched as Jinx began casting.  She was prepping herself but for what he didn’t know.  She wasn’t a first-line fighter.  He decided to watch and see what she did, but also kept an eye on the huge skeleton behind them.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The Skinner moves smoothly along the wall, claws digging into the stone to find the smallest handhold, then comes to a stop directly above the zombie closest to the stone… Before scurrying down to just a few feet beyond its reach, hanging there inverted with a rather ghastly expression and the plain intention to assault it lighting his glassy eyes.

Moving, but not attacking this round. Next round, 5′ ‘step’ and a full attack. Does it count as impeded or dex-less for the purposes of sneak attack?

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
One of the zombies chucked a worm up at Temple overhead, but it missed him and fell back to the floor. The other threw one forward onto the floor, where it began to wiggle toward the nearest flesh. Both jerk against their chains, rattling loudly against the hoop that has them hooked to the matte black stone slab. For now the chains are holding, but the reward of living beings so close has clearly filled their undead eyes with a gleam.

The huge skeleton scratched against the hallway stone, wanting warm flesh…

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray saw the small gesture from Crow for him to focus on the dwarfs while she took the worms.  He nodded his understanding.  His bow had more hitting power than hers, and hopefully could rend the undead flesh faster.  They needed to drop this these things some they could turn and focus on the bigger, less wormy problem at the other end of the cavern.

Of course, there was no surety that “killing” the things would stop the worms.  Better to burn them.

“Ash, Temple.  Do you have any oil?  We can burn them where they stand.  They already smolder from Crow’s arrows.  A little fuel and they will go up nicely.  Worm fitters for all.”

As he spoke, he put two thumb-thick shafts into the smolder dwarf near Crow.  His shots were not his best work, as he let his mind get distracted by tactics.

Rapid shot on zombie close to Crow
Hit Ac15,13 piercing
Hit Ac12,10 piercing

This message was last edited by the player at 11:16, Thu 01 Feb.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
At Crow’s gesture, Kray switched to shooting the burning worm-sack.  His suggestion was a good one, but she did not have any oil on her. Why did she not?  She gave a little curse to herself. The best plans lack in execution over preparedness for all eventualities.

From the look on Buto’s face, when she called back to Ash, he was setting up to take on the giant skeleton.  Perhaps for the best.  He was best aligned to take it on; if it could fit through that tunnel, it could cut them off from retreat.  She didn’t like her commands ignored, but in a fight, there had to be some personal initiative.

She let her focus return to her task, removing the worms.  It was easy work, but she gave it no less effort for that.  It was the easy shots that could most easily be missed.  Her stomach roiled as she took aim at the gross, squishy vermin as they undulated across the floor.  Why do they move like that?

Rapid Shot with Phobia on both worms
Hit ac17,10 piercing
Hit ac20, 12 piercing

This message was last edited by the player at 11:16, Thu 01 Feb.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash was glad to see that Kray got Crow’s message and fired his arrows that, in all reality were more like small spears, at the zombies.  Those big shafts were a waste on the little worms. Crow’s own arrows followed, killing two worms, which only left Ash with the zombies for targets.  He looked at Crow, shrugged his shoulders in a sort what’s a guy to do? look and then fired a bolt at the zombie Kray had targeted.  After he fired, Ash glanced over his shoulder.  The giant skeleton was scratching around back there, but hand’t yet come through the tunnel entrance. Maybe it would hold, after all.

As he looked, Ash caught a glimpse of Jinx, who was chanting, apparently casting some spells.  She looked odd; her skin, normally green and tough now looked less like skin and more like a sort of living armor.  Ash had seen this kind of magic before, so he knew it was a protection spell, but seeing it on Jinx almost made him laugh, it was such a juxtaposition with her normal appearance.  Cruch, what in the countless hells is your sister up to?

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto checked the blade of his axe, ensuring it was still sharp.  He tried to hold his focus, he wouldn’t run off without the others, though his feet wanted to fly.  Wait, let them finish the zombies, then the giant.  So be it.

Buto listened as the others fired arrows and shuffled around.  He heard Jinx chanting her spell chants; he even recognized some of the words, a feat that would have been unimaginable only a few short weeks ago.  But now…something had changed and the magic that had so long eluded him came more easily.  At least, it came when he called, though it took an incredible effort to do so.  He considered calling it now, but decided to wait.  Be patient, Buto.  Do not let the haste take you. Zhin again.  So be it.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
“Your guess is as good as mine.  I am thinking she wants to get in on the action that we all have had.  Her hexes are useless against the undead so she is going to fight like us!”  Cruch said and just watched with amazement as his sister cast her spells.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The birds’ arrows did the job and took the zombie down. Unfortunately, when the host body fell to the ground with a sickening plop, hundreds of worms poured out of the hollowed out creture’s cavities. As soon as the worm swarm pooled around the body, it began to coalesce like one amoeba and sqirm toward those on the ground.

Swarm of Fine creatures, so it will not take damage from weapons. I hope you have some area of effect spells!

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The Skinner has proven to be fairly willing to sink his… mouthparts… into a wide range of things, but apparently even he draws the line at engulfing the head of a worm-infested parasite factory, and instead just lunges down while his feet cling to the rock face to sweep one hand, then the other through the skull of the undead creature, first crushing and then shattering its skull before making a respectable effort to scurry back up the rock face if he can, since swarms of amorphous larva bode well for no-one, even him.

02:04, Today: Temple rolled 20,5,24,5 using 1d20+8,1d6+4,1d20+8,1d6+4.  Clawing, but not biting.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Worms.  A heaping lot of the wriggling suckers.  You wouldn’t think that worms make noise, but in this quantity, their wriggling and writing made a distinctive sound that echoed around the cavern.  It made Ash’s stomach twist.

Not for the first time on this little adventure did Ash thank whatever gods there were that he’d been sent by the director and resident psychiatrist of Pent-In, Phinara Daemyar, to work in the mines, o’ though he’d cursed her name many times back then.

Spiders he had dealt with, but also all manner of squirming swarms of insects that made their hives in the deep, dark tunnels.  Of course, the easiest way to deal with them was to burn them, but they often had not had enough fire, and certainly no users of magic, in the many warrens of mines below the surface.  Sometimes, the only way to deal with bugs was to grit your teeth and stomp the life out of them.   Flex Feat: Rat Catcher

Ash pushed his sleeves up and thanked Jinx once again for forcing him to get a sturdier pair of boots after his brain-stomping adventure under Keygan Ghelve’s locksmith shop.  A good pair of boots would be most useful for what came next.

Ash took a few steps forward, putting himself between the swarm and the rest of the crew. Alright ya lousy bugs.  Come get yer dinner! Just beware, it might bite back!

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray, like his sister… hell, because of his sister… liked to be prepared.  Have the equipment, training, tactics, and magic to handle whatever the situation brings.

He HAD NOT planned for this.  He took a moment to do a self-inventory and came to the unpleasant realization that he had nothing to handle a thousand worms squirming toward him.

  “Ash… Jinx!  Whatcha got?  Things are about to get really gross, really fast.”

He Felt his sister pass over him and looked up to see one talon-tipped hand grab the collar of his hexagonal armor and pull him into the air.  Her eyes looked wild, and Kray was not sure she was thinking clearly in the face of such a nauseating threat.  He thought she would prefer to deal with the giant skeleton over a swarm of worms.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Yup.  She would rather deal with the skeleton… the one too big to fit into the giant cavern, then have ONE of those worms touch her.  Burn it all; she would rather spit in the Eye Demon’s single, tentacle-encrusted lens that look at that writhing mass of slime.

Her focus kept just long enough to lose a single tangleshot arrow at the closest swarm before she fled, grabbing her brother up with one strong arm.  The big bag of goo on the arrow hard made it bad at shooting far, but the swarm had been close.  She just didn’t know if the goo had enough to even slow it down.

  Tangelshot arrow.  It has a single target, but it says it splashes the goo, so no idea if it will work on these things.  GM call.
Range touch attack hits AC 16.
“the target is splashed with the alchemical adhesive. The reduced amount of the glue means this arrow is less effective than an actual tanglefoot bag (DC 10 Reflex save, DC 12 Strength check to break, 10 points of slashing damage to cut through, DC 10 Concentration check).”

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx was still busy casting her spells… the appearance of the swarm of worms kind of made her think that it was a waste though for she knew she couldn’t hurt them with her attacks.

“I don’t have anything except a torch to use.  We should light them up and just hit them with it.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The swarm moved forward slowly and the big skeleton kept scratching at the stone but couldn’t get through.

ooc: If Ash actually punched the swarm then we will have to make some rolls, so let me know on discord. If the swarms move 15 feet, can they reach anyone? If not, then it’s your turns again.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash, remembering his time sweeping the mines clear of all manner of insect swarms, stepped forward, outwardly calm.  He lifted one large-booted foot into the air and then began to stomp his foot onto the worms like a being-possessed, first one boot then the other slamming again and again on the ground in a wild, primitive almost dance accompanied by a symphony of the most ear-curdling, blush-inducing curses any of them had ever heard.  The life and times of the mother of these worms was described in thorough, revolting detail as Ash attempted to stomp the life out of them.

Ash uses the Rat Catcher feat to make a single attack against the worms, which deals half damage even to swarms that are normally immune to damage.  Hit AC 15 for 7 (half of 13) Damage.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Ash punched into the swarm, splattering some worms, and sending others flying. Unfortunately one of the worms stuck to his arm and attempted to begin slithering its way up his arm.

OOC: Worm tried to make a touch attack, but only hit AC 12. It will take a move action to brush it off your skin.

The swarm moved around Ash, more worms trying to climb up the man’s scaly hide.

OOC: Worm swarm tried to attack, but couldn’t find a crease in his armor/clothes/boots… yet…

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
  “Oil!  Who has oil?  If not, light torches.  We burn them away. “  WE would not be burning anything.  THEY would be, but she didn’t say that.  SHE would be staying as far from those things as possible.

She let go of Kray and let him float to the ground while she fired another tangle arrow at the far group of worms, hopefully giving Ash enough time to deal with the first group before the second got to him.

Tangelshot arrow at second swarm.
Range touch Hit AC 18

“the target is splashed with the alchemical adhesive. The reduced amount of the glue means this arrow is less effective than an actual tanglefoot bag (DC 10 Reflex save, DC 12 Strength check to break, 10 points of slashing damage to cut through, DC 10 Concentration check).”

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray floated down to the ground, at a loss for what to do next.  He could see in the dark and had dry food for rations, so his packs were unsurprisingly short on fire-making supplies.  He could light a single arrow on fire, but that would hardly help here without something to burn.

So, the little bird leaned on the one thing that he always had in spades… faith.  Ash, and Temple, and Jinx could handle the worms.  Time to look to the 20 ft tall skeleton in the room.  Kray let his graceful floating decent take him toward the mouth of the tunnel containing their most likely next challenge,  with his short legs taking him the rest of the way.

“You think I could put one of his eyes out with this thing?”  Kray quipped at Buto, forgetting in the moment that Buto neither understood quips, nor was someone Kray even liked to quip with.  The pressure of the moment just needed so levity, and Ash was too far away.  He would have had a quick retort, like “Nope, probably just tickle his funny bone.” Kray chuckled a little at his own back and forth, unaware of how it must sound from the outside.

He took up a firing stance and prepared to give it a go.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

Having travelled light on precious little time – and having mainly invested his efforts in silence dust, which proved to be completely worthless because they set off a series of loud traps almost before getting started – Temple had little to offer with regards to swarms and The Skinner has even less as they offer no vulnerable points to assail and no screams to gratify the senses.

So, lacking a clearer objective, he drops down lightly and scuttles over to examine the black stone the dead were chained to, out of a mild sense of curiosity.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Crow’s arrow splashed over the swarm, sticking many of the worms in place, but dozens more were wriggling their way toward warm flesh.

[Private to Temple: OOC: Narrator GM, on behalf of Temple, rolled 31 using 1d20+11 ((20)) for Perception.

Really? I rolled a nat 20 for you?

In Character: Temple inspected the large slab which seemed so out of place in this chamber of twinkling rocks. He discovered incredibly sturdy hinges expertly crafted into the stone on the opposite side of the slab from where the cavern’s entrance was. The craftsmanship was likely dwarven so perfectly was it blended in with the stone on either side. It seemed the slab could be lifted to reveal something beneath. While the surgeon was inspecting the slab, he also noticed one of the zombie’s hands twitched…]

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash continued his double-footed stomping dance along with his cursive-laced verbal tirade, now moving from the worms’ mother to their father and his many goat- and sheep-related exploits.  As he stomped, Ash’s hands slapped at worms trying to climb up his legs, adding a bit of flailing flair to his foot stomping dance.

Still using Rat Catcher Feat.  Ash makes a full attack at the worms.  Hit AC 32 for 6 (half of 12) points of damage.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The Skinner, having scuttled down to ground level and approached the slab of dark stone perks up from behind it as a slow, spreading grin passes across the lengthy leather mask he wears and he stares flatly at one of the downed zombies, declaring a happy little Ah-ah-ahhh!” that’s almost chiding – granted what he’s seeing is probably just a sluggish maggot lingering in its warm, squishy home but well… That’s no reason not to fish around in his things for a small glass jar and scuttle out to approach the cadaver, seemingly looking for a sample.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow continued to support Ash as she could, refusing to just flap there impotently.  She had a few more tangled arrows, and she kept working her bow to slow them down.  Ash would have to be pulled after them when they rowed home.

Rapid shot, one tangle arrow for each group of worms
Touch attack, Hit AC 17 – close group
Touch attack, Hit AC 10 – far group

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
  “Hey!  Are you ticklish?” 

The pressure of the moment might have been getting to the feather ball with the big bow, but he was the only one acytivityly trying to attack the giant animated skeleton.  While the rest of the group watched worms squish under Ash’s bots, Kray shot quips and arrows at the giant leering skull.


Rapid shot at Skeleton.
Hit AC29 (nat 20), for 15. Hit AC15 to confirm for 31 more damage (46 total)
Hit AC19,for 10

Well, Kray didn’t hit the thing’s funny bone.  He did drive one directly through one empty eye socket.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx was finished with her spellcasting now and with the last spell cast her body began to change and reform into an ugly beast with long gangly arms with terrifying claws on the end of the fingers.  She gained more weight as well but her skin tone remained as it was.  She lumbered over to Buto and said slowly, “let’s go kill that skeleton!”

Cast Bless

This message was last edited by the player at 11:57, Fri 08 Mar.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The gentle disappointment of finding nothing in the cadaver draws The Skinner back to the sarcophagus, where he drags his finger in a scraping fashion around what appears to be the seamless top of the thing, but which looks increasingly like a lid. Whistling quietly to himself in an atonal fashion (and unable to do much about the worms and with little room to do much about the skeleton) he curiously moves around to the hinged side, reaches up and over… And digging his fingers in, pulls.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Temple pulled against the stone lid and it raised up without a sound on perfect hinges. Inside he saw several leather sacks which seemed likely to be filled with coins judging by the way they bulged.

[Private to Temple: 10:30, Today: Narrator GM, on behalf of Temple, rolled 11 using 1d20+5 ((6)). DC 13 Fort Save vs Nitharit poision
10:30, Today: Narrator GM, on behalf of Temple, rolled 1 using 1d3 ((1)).
Type poison (contact); Save Fortitude DC 13; Onset 1 minute; Frequency 1/minute for 6 minutes; Cure 1 save
1d3 Con damage
]

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The skeleton, having received blasts from the powerful bows, stepped back into a large, open chamber with several large boulders.

Please apply your damage to the token. You can all control it.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

Heaving, The Skinner brings the lid of the massive stone chest up and then – not having been immediately assaulted by something monstrous – slips around it to examine the contents of the large chamber, only to pause and examine his hand before making a delighted, off-key crooning noise and licking his fingers, dead glass eyes shining in his leather face.

This occupies him for several seconds before he even seems to remember that the bags are present, but when he does he happily slips a crossbow quarrel out of Temple’s things and uses it to poke them.

[Private to GM:  And here I was nearly ready to trade this feature in!
Poison Resistance (Ex): At 2nd level, an alchemist gains a +2 bonus on all saving throws against poison. This bonus increases to +4 at 5th level, and then again to +6 at 8th level. At 10th level, an alchemist becomes completely immune to poison.
]

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto’s eyes widened in surprise as a  hulking troll shambled nonchalantly past him.  Buto’s mouth fell open in an awkward gasp when Jinx’s voice came out of the things toothy maw, inviting him to come fight a gargantuan skeleton.  Jinx, the secrets you are keeping from us!  Buto will help you kill this skeleton.  It is much more exhilarating from up close, you know.  But it usually doessmell worse.

Buto scowled for a moment in thought before calling up on his own fledgling magic to help him even the odds with the enormous skeleton in the cavern.


Cast Long Arm
Cast Enlarge Person

Buto will take this round and next round to cast the spells and then move with Jinx.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash’s tirade continued as he stomped furiously at a mass of worms that was maybe getting smaller?  Maybe not?  It was unclear, but he was committed to the job.  And he might soon be committed to another institution along the lines of Pent-in but with, hopefully, better food.  Actually, that didn’t sound any worse than exploring a damp, smelly underground cave stomping the life out of an innumerable mass of worms while undead giant skeletons threaten to mash you into paste.

Continuous stomping.  Hit AC 24 for 7 dmg(half of 13)

This message was last edited by the player at 11:02, Tue 13 Feb.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow ceased adding more goo to the fire, as it were, and just flapped 15 feet above the ground, covering Temple and Ash as they examined the room and gave it a fresh coating of worm spackle.

“We need to move.  Kray, help Buto and Jinx.  I will cover these two.”  The twin acts of NOT throwing up and keeping a watch over Ash kept Crow from noticing the monstrous new addition to the group.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
“Come back big fella!  You didn’t answer my question!”  It did not seem to appreciate his arrows, which was good.  It meant they must have done some damage.  Kray clicked after it, making sure to keep the edge of the tunnel opening between himself and the thing.  Those boulders looked like they might make for fine thrown weapons in the right giant-sized hands.

“Come on, guys!  It might get away.  Watch the big rocks, though.”


Double move; use the edge of the opening for the cover.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx didn’t like waisting time, but Buto needed to do his thing, so since she could see blood on him from various wounds she pulled out her wand again and said the appropriate words and healed his wounds a bit.  (Healed 14 damage total in two rounds)

Once Buto was ready she took off running down to Kray.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch waited for one round before singing once again.  He wanted to get his raging song going before he moved.  Cruch cast the same spell Jinx had; aesthetically, he didn’t change much besides his claws growing longer and bulking up even more than before.  He then began his raging song to bolster the friends who wanted to listen to his beautiful song.  “That is what I was wanting to do once I saw that thing!!”  Cruch said to Jinx and Buto as they prepared.

First, cast alter self, then start a raging song.  Then move with Jinx and Buto to Kray.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Ash kept stomping away at the worms. The pile diminished to just a few on the things and finally he squished the life from the last of them.

(OOC: I rolled another attack and got a nat 1, so I’m just giving up on the worms. They could have burrowed into your brain and killed you, but clearly the dice won’t allow that. Shrug)

The skeleton waited, eyeless stare facing the cave entrance, for the group to enter the larger chamber.

Temple found his quarrel stabbed into the heavy leather sack, and hit only something metallic.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:16, Tue 13 Feb.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Even in the most “normal” of times, circumstances, scenarios, not to mention lighting, Buto looks like a hulking monster next to even the larger members of Ugly, Inc.  Buto, now almost 14 feet tall, squeezed through the narrowest part of the cave to take up a spot near Kray and Jinx. Although his appearance was unchanged, certainly nothing like the troll-figure that Jinx had become, he was still strikingly large, although still, somehow, small compared to the enormous skeleton awaiting them.  The black smoke that encompassed his arms, making them difficult to see seemed to float everywhere around, not blocking their vision, but anywhere they looked, tendrils of the wafting smoke could be seen.  Buto paused a moment as he righted himself after squeezing through the opening and then his voice, always a deep rumbling, but in this form more the sound of giant boulders rolling down a stony hill, rumbled, So be it, skeleton.  Perhaps you died well the first time.  Perhaps you will die well once again. Now! Rage

And then he was off. Swift Action: Elemental Assault – Acid

Buto charged toward the giant skeleton, whipping his axe forward on arms that appeared to be more smoke than flesh.  The blade crashed into the shoulder of the skeletal giant, sending shards of bone, some of them nearly as large as Kray, flying through the cavern.

With Rage + long arm + Englarge person, Buto has a 20’ reach.  He will charge to 20’ from the giant and attack.
Hit AC 26 for 31 (36-5 for DR) + 4 pts Acid damaged.  Total Damage: 35
Current AC: 16 (includes minuses from enlarge and -2 for charge)
HP: 52

This message was last edited by the player at 14:29, Tue 13 Feb.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash, gasping for breath after the strenuous stomp-marathon, looked down at the worm-paste that was liberally spread all over his boots.  Thank goodness I bought better boots, he thought to himself once again.  He stepped out of the mass of what could have been slightly pink-colored mashed potatoes and glanced around.

The thing that was most definitely not Temple had found some sacks of what Ash hoped was shine.  Turning his head the other way….Ash started sprinting, yelling to Crow, once again annoyed with himself for not having committed their code names to memory. Hey, uh, Bird Brain, cover the Doc.  I don’t know where the others went, but there’s a pair o’ trolls creepin’ up on ‘em!

Ash was halfway across the cavern before he noticed that the twin trolls were wearing Cruch and Jinx’s clothing.  What in Nalinivati’s nine hells is going on? Cruch? Jinx? I hope you intended to look, and unfortunately also smell like a pair of musty old trolls!

Ash stopped dead in his tracks. There, standing before him was his nightmare come to life.  Not the gargantuan skeleton in the cavern.  That he could mentally deal with.  Buto had always been a head taller than Ash, and significantly thicker of build, but not so much so as to cause Ash any pause.  He knew he could, barely, hold his own against the blue-skinned monster.  But now, Ash found himself staring almost straight up at that scowling, life-hating, stubborn face.  Ash then glanced from Cruch-Troll to Jinx-Troll then to the towering Buto. What is HAPPENING?! Is it All Hallows Eve? Did those worms infect my brain and this nightmare is somehow caused by them eating my gray matter? Ash’s shock was only broken by the thunderous sound of the skeleton shuffling in the cavern.  Well, if I’m already dead…might as well enjoy the nightmare.

He turned his head as he heard Buto shout, Now! By then the Suli-Giant was already halfway down the cavern, axe the size of a small horse lofted in the air. Ok Twin Trolls.  I hope you fight better than you smell.   Ash took a moment to focus himself to face the skelton.  Giant or not, it was still an undead, and he knew how to handle them.  Feat Flex: Dedicated Adversary – Undead He then ran into the room, stopping outside of the reach of the skeleton, and prepared to try and reach the beast.

Ash flexes a feat and moves up as far as he can without getting into the range of the skeleton.  He will try to use acrobatics to approach the skeleton next round.
Current AC: 18 (including -1 from raging song)
Current HP: 48 (Including bonus HP from raging song)

 

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Tue 13 Feb.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

Clicking his tongue while tucking the bolt away – and occasionally pausing to run his finger around what is absolutely the poisoned rim of the stonework so that he can lick it – The Skinner fishes out the sacks with the eager anticipation of someone who would probably enjoy being caught in another trap and, assuming there’s nothing else to see scuttles after the group, humming amenably in a discordant fashion that’s like nails on a chalk board for anyone too close or too attentive, but is otherwise just a way to keep track of him as he moves to rejoin the others.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray wanted to make a quip about Buto’s appearance, and Jinx, but he just couldn’t come up with anything.   They were every bit the scary monster that the skeleton was, and they were on HIS’s side.

With a hop in his little steps, Kray rushed up behind Buteo’s massive smokey bulk and fired again at the huge skull.  “Keep running, boney!  We are twice as ugly as you, and you haven’t even seen the doctor yet.” 

Shooting around the bulk of Buto was not the easiest task, and Kray’s arrow ricocheted off the think ridge of bone over the thing’s staring eye sockets.

  Fervor to cast Divine favor as a swift action.
Miss AC 18 for 13 damage.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow wheeled and raced with Ash back toward the next monster on the menu, although this one was pleasantly void of wiggly bits and creepy legs and oddly rippling flesh.

  Stay with us doctor.

Her excitement at the skeleton’s lack of fleshy bits remained even when it came back into sight around Buto’s enlarged body.   It was big and probably not well-suited for sticking arrows in.  Back to fire arrows then.  She had two left in her main quiver and would need to think of something else shortly.

Her shot was off and skipped across the thing’s skull plate.  One left.

  Single shot with slowburn arrow
Missed AC 14

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx the troll made a guttural sound as she prepared to move forward.  She couldn’t charge the huge skeleton so decided a move forward and then a charge would be best.

Saliva was dropping from her mouth as she neared the target of her ire.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch moved forward and kept his music loud for everyone to hear clearly.  He moved with Jinx protecting her flank but much like her he stopped short of his target.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The giant skeleton had arms longer than any of the people were tall, it swiped at Buto twice with powerful swings. The air whistled through it’s exposed bones as it swung with otherworldly strength, powered by dark magic rather than muscle.

Hit AC for Dmg: 34 for 19 and 33 for 17

It has a 15 foot reach, so it didn’t have to move.
It’s strength is 35, so that might have even knocked Buto away? 😀

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:51, Thu 15 Feb.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
The skeleton’s enormous fists slammed into Buto, breaking bones and shredding flesh to ribbons.  The Suli was still standing, but was clearly very injured.  Driven on by his rage alone, he managed to swing his axe, striking the skeleton directly in the chestbone, sending another shower of bone flying through the cavern.

Buto took 36 pts of DMG.Puts Buto at 16 HP

Hit AC 30 for 20 (25-5 DR) +2 acid.  Total DMG 22

 

This message was last edited by the player at 18:40, Thu 15 Feb.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
As Buto’s axe crashed into the skeleton, Ash took the moment of distraction and closed the distance to the skeleton. Acrobatics 25 to avoid AoO as he approaches

Ash delivers a pair of right-handed roundhouse punches to the lower torso of the skeleton, his hardened, scale covered fists knocking enormous chunks of bone from the skeleton.


ATK 1 Hit AC 31 for 15 pts Bludgeoning damage
ATK 2 Hit AC 26 for 16 pts Bludgeioning damage
Tota: 31 pts damage.

Skeleton has 2 HP left.  Hopefully someone can finish this beast off.  I don’t think Buto can survive another round with it.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

OOC: It would have been funny if I had, but I’m pretty sure The Skinner missed chucking a bag of coin at it. ^_^

Stalking up the hall and coming around the corner, The Skinner bounces one of the pouches in his hand a few times and – hefting it like a shot-put – takes a couple of sharp steps before hurling the damn’ thing at the skeletons centre-of-mass, although regrettably said centre-of-mass is all full of holes and it doesn’t come to anything.

Not sure what it’s AC is though. Or what bonuses we have, if any right now.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray took a quick hop back when the thing closed and stuck Buto.  The thing’s hands were massive, and Buto looked battered and bleeding from the assault. But the skeleton didn’t look much better, with bits of bone falling everywhere and a giant crack in its skull and sternum.

Kray fired two more arrow into the things giant face, trying to aim for the cracks the others had but there.  A little force, applied to the right place, could shatter this thing before it finished off Buto… and turned to Ash.
Rapid shot at point-blank range with Divine Favor
Hit AC 22 for 7 (12-5DR),
Hit AC 27, for 9 (14-5DR).  16 Damage total

The thing’s face shattered and rained bone bone chips on Ash.  Fortunately for the snake-man, the rest of the body fell backward.

“I guess that wasn’t the funny bone.”

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow gave Kray a long look before flying forward enough to see around the big boulders.  Her little nestling was usually focused and quiet in a fight.  This joking was a sign of something off for her brother.  They would need to talk later about this.  She didn’t care if he talked or not during a fight, Ash couldn’t keep his mouth shut, and he fought like a Falcon with a height advantage.  She cared that is was off for him, and something had caused it.

“Temple.  Was there anything in that stone coffin?  Jinx, look to Buto… he is wounded.  Yes?  Ash, let’s gather up and advance.  We need to be done with this before the way back is blocked.”

She scanned the way ahead from her lofty position and checked for signs of trap or ambush.
Perception 29

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx was pissed that she didn’t get a chance to hit the huge skeletal opponent before the others killed it.  She moved over to the body and took out her frustrations on it before once again pulling the wand and touching Buto with it.  “Try not to get hurt so much, I am not your nursemaid!”  Her tone was guttural compared to the low timber she usually carried.

Healed you for 13 (didn’t include it on roll20).

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch moved down into the small alcove behind the fallen giant skeleton to see what was there.

21 Perception check

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

“Poison. Bags.” The Skinner answers as he lopes forward to grinningly (with a distressing amount of ichorous drool linking those jaws) scoop up the pouch he chucked at the skeleton, having no particular interest or need to hide them – money is, after all something he worries about, rather than The Skinner and it’s not as if even he would lower himself to steal from his associates.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The worms lay squished and dead, the zombies remained dead-un-dead, as with the piles of corpse spider corpses, now a jumble of bones wearing a breastplate of gleaming metal (appraisal check?) which would likely take 3 of them to carry, lay scattered throughout the room.

Cruch didn’t find anything in the little cavern beyond the larger one where the skeleton now lay. Just scattered rocks and other detritus littered about, seemingly no one had disturbed this room for quite a while.

The group could see around one of the huge boulders that worked stone floor, ceiling and walls led back to another of the stone doors they had encountered throughout the complex. A pile of smaller, but still very large stones, littered the cavern floor before narrowing to a path leading into yet another cave area.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Appraise – 26
Crow flew forward, bringing the passage into better view.  She did not like that there were two ways to advance.  Going one way could lead to an attack from the rear.

  Kray, cover this passageway.  Temple, can you check the around those boulders?  It is best to be quick and unseen.   The rest, let us be quick.  She is near. 

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Sat 17 Feb.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray followed behind his sister, covering her and the rest of the advancing crew.  “I think you should have left some skeleton for Jinx.  She didn’t get all dressed up not to dance.”

Kray kept his eyes open for any attack and readied his bow to respond to a threat with violence.
19 Perception

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

Temple, Temple, Temple… Always wanting the company of the boring one who would rather cut someone open to learn something than to revel in their anguish and their fear. It’s enough to bore a man to tears, but fortunately The Skinner has his own opinions about what he is and so he simple flashes pointy, narrow fangs and scurries forward, flowing up over the boulder to stealthily peer over and around it as the others go about their own exploration.

02:39, Today: Temple rolled 25 using 1d20+19 ((6)).

This message was last edited by the player at 01:39, Sun 18 Feb.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Having not found anything in the corner Cruch moved past Jinx, stopping his song momentarily and grabbing her hand to join him in search of their intended quarry.

Move to follow Temple

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash, followed by a still bleeding and somewhat limping Buto, followed the others through the cavern.

Ash will move with Crow and Kray, Buto will move with Cruch and Jinx

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group moved forward, Temple doing his hide-y thing. Once he moved around the boulders he could see into the next room. Apparently the first group Ugly encountered wasn’t able to communicate how bad the flipped over table defense failed, because there was yet another table attempting to block the path into the next chamber. Three human archers crouched behind it, watching intently forward.

Clearly these didn’t posess any form of dark vision or magical sight, or they just hadn’t seen Temple yet. They were watching the way forward intently, arrows knocked and ready to let fly at the people they clearly knew had invaded their headquarters.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash crept up to the edge of the wall and peeked around it.  He could see the men placed behind the overturned table.  Here we go again. He looked back at the Twin Trolls and the incredibly enormous Buto (that still didn’t sit well with him) and had to shake his head.  He almost felt sorry for the human guards.  A living nightmare was about to spring out of the dark at them.

Well, better at least let the more beautiful of the group go first.  The nightmares can come next.  Flex Feat: Deflect Arrows

Ash coiled himself like a spring and then charged down the hallway, as he neared the table, Ash dropped his Scaly shoulder and blasted through the tabletop, sending table legs and splinters flying. Knock, knock boys!  You’ve got company!


Ash will attempt to break the table.  A good table has a break DC of 18.

18:13, Today: Asho Iduska rolled 18 using 1d20+7 ((11)) – STR Check succeeds.

 

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
The twin trolls, Cruch and Jinx came snarling and growling around the rocks and double-timed it to the now broken table.  Ash had drawn all the fire from the archers but as they began to grab for another arrow the trolls were moving in ever so close.  It had to be a terrifying site to see.

Just double moved to get closer!!

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

Actually having some degree of cover offsets the way so many folk can simply see through the shadows and it permits The Skinner to peer over the boulders, note the location and number of the enemy and then slip back down in order to signal the team about how many enemies there are and what they’re about… Which is a process he’s maybe gotten one gesture of completed when there’s a rousing battle-cry and the loud ‘slapslapslapslapslapcrash‘ of a charging Nagashi, which in his opinion does a pretty respectable job of alerting everyone.

Rolling his eyes – or at least giving that impression through the gleaming glass that seems to serve him in that respect – The Skinner slips down from the rock and heads for the newly-uncovered door, drawing a piton from his rather nice, but now rather denuded climbing kit.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
HP37, AC 18, no effects
Cover the doctor, nestmate.  Then follow.    Crow gave her commands to Kray in a rapid series of gestures before flying around the boulders and to the aid of Ash and the northern team.  From the looks of things, Ash had it well in had.  The table, broken and battered, did not look like much of a defense against the troll-Jinx and Cruch, much less the giant Buto.

From her place in the air, hanging in the darkness outside their feeble torch light, Crow chose a target and loosed an arrow.  Pig’s on a stick.  It always made her smile.

  60 ft flying move, bow shot within 30 ft at favorite enemy.
Hit AC 16 for 15 damage

There were too many bodies and bits of table for her to get off a good shot, and the arrow thunked harmlessly into a small section of the former barricade.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
HP27, AC 19, Divine Favor – 6 more rounds 
Kray moved up around a giant boulder, trying to position himself to cover Temple while being able to move to support the rest quickly.  He knew the doctor could look after himself, but they should always have someone watching their backs.  Wink hadn’t, after all.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
OOC: Anyone reaching the point that Jinx, Cruch and Ash are must roll a DC 11 save against Cause Fear

You all have control over the NPCs. They have AC 20 and 20 HP

The group crushed the table, frightening the already unnerved archers. All were baffled at Ash’s ability to simply pluck their missiles from the air like they simply handed them to the snake man.

It appeared there would be more trouble, as the group saw 8 zombies which looked quite different from the ones they had encountered thus far. All of them were covered in boils and pustule, looking like they were still “oozy” rather than desicated and “dried out.” A pair of them had disturbing, misshapen skulls with purple and black barbed tongues flicking out like lizards. Everything about this cave reeked of death and decay, and simply felt off and evil, like nowhere else they had been in their lives.

Across the chamber, yet another passage narrowed, leading even deeper into the complex. They couldn’t be far from their goal…

[Private to GM: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…ombie/zombie-plague/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…/zombie/zombie-void/]

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Will save – 18 – succeeds

Ash reached out and grabbed the collar of the two surprised humans in front of him. Looks like it’s a bad day to be a pinkie human.  Hope you made things right with your humie gods. Ash yanked down with his full force, causing both men to fall face first to the stony cave floor.

Ash will attempt to trip two of the guards.

Trip ATK 1: D20+14 – 24 succeeds
Trip ATK 2: D20+14 – 24 succeeds

Both should be prone and take a -4 to AC.  Have fun, Twin Trolls.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:01, Thu 22 Feb.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Will Save 24 – succeeds
Buto pulled up just behind the two trolls that were really Jinx and Cruch.  What a feat of magic that was!  Buto grinned wickedly as Ash demolished the archers’ hiding place.  He had a unique disdain for bow wielders, which probably said a great deal about his spiky relationship with Crow and Kray.  A moment later, two of the men were thrown to the floor by Ash, the men likely about to be troll food.

Buto, with his momentarily exaggerated height and reach, swung his axe over the head of the 3 in front of him, the blade cleanly lopping of the head of a guard who most likely never saw the strike coming.  His head bounced backward through the cave, finally stopping at the feet of a pair of undead further back.


Hit AC 25 for 30 damage.  Dead piggie.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:02, Thu 22 Feb.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
This new form and its gangly claws made it hard to get used to for Jinx.  She clawed and tried to bite the man in front of her but failed to draw blood. (I think)

00:16, Today: Jinx the Black rolled 15,5,13,5,7,8 using d20+6,d6+3,d20+6,d6+3,d20+6,d6+3

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch had been used to attacking with his teeth and claws so had an easier time with the attack hitting the man twice and digging his claws in deeply and tearing out chunks of muscle and tendon.  The man fell dead to the attack.

Hit AC 21 and 17 for 15 plus 9 for boar style.  Total 24 = Dead

00:25, Today: Cruch rolled 9 using 2d6.  boar style.
00:19, Today: Cruch rolled 13,12,21,7,17,8 using d20+9,d6+6,d20+9,d6+6,d20+8,d6+5

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
HP27, AC 19, Divine Favor – 5 more rounds
Kray did NOT like the sound of fighting, his friends in danger, and him not doing anything about it.  He also refused to leave Temple alone.  In a compromise, he backtracked just far enough to see the fight while keeping Temple in view.  It would be a hard shot, through a lot of bodies, but his big sister had been training him for years in just this situation.

  Single shot with DF on the last remaining guard.
Hit AC 21 for 16 damage.

The arrow streaked between giant bodies, under huge legs, just past scales and dripping saliva to embed itself in the living guard’s shoulder.  A nasty wound but not immediately fatal.  It must have been some surprise to the guard for a arrow to just miraculously appear out of Troll-Jinx’s flailing arms.  “Bullseye!”

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
HP37, AC 18, no effects

Crow saw Kray’s arrow flash through the crowd and take the pinkie through the shoulder.  Nasty wound, that.  Crow flapped a few feet closer and lined up a perfect shot on the distracted Man.

Move action to use bullseye shot within 30ft on favorite enemy.
Hit AC33 for 13 damage.  Dead. 

The shot took him right through the neck, splattering the Troll-Jinx in arterial blood from the severed veins in his neck.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The Skinner calmly – if rather disinterestedly – pins the door shut and then scurries back towards the group, possibly grateful for the cover from his archer companion but more likely just focussing on the hope that there’ll be room for him to get his hands on something that will scream interestingly, not that he’s likely to have much luck when there’s so much unmitigated violence going on – although he does at least take a moment to drink the contents of a small vial slipped from his leathers en route.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Mon 26 Feb.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Eight zombies moved forward after the three humans were killed in a matter of seconds. Their lifeless eyes seemed not to care at all about the loss of the living. These smelled even worse than the others the group had encountered, reeking of decay and disease. The two very strange undead, with their long and wriggling tongues stepped forward. Then two more beings moved out from the final cave.

Zombie Attacks, I’m assuming all miss, or Buto kills them with AOO’s. Highest I rolled was to hit AC 16

One was a red headed woman who they immediately recognized as Triel from her description. She wore facial warpaint similar to that worn by her cohort Tongueater. She had short but wild red hair, and she wore a suit of full plate festooned with spikes. In her hand she held a heavy mace which gleamed in the dull light cast by the lichen throughout the chamber. A copy of her mace floated out away from her and moved to Buto, attacking him. (Spiritual Weapon. Hit Buto for AC 28 for 8 force dmg)

The other creature, as there was no other word to describe what walked out beside her. It was an intimidating sight to see what  looked like an undead gnoll with a suit of chainmail and a spiked chain wired directly onto his rotting flesh. He was nearly skeletal, and his dry skin was stretched tight over his bones. Clumps of his fur had torn free, leaving several bald patches in his once-thick pelt. His eyes glowed with a nasty yellow light, as did his saliva. His fangs were jagged, sharp, and broken. He roared upon seeing the group, but didn’t charge as the party was tied up with his zombies currently.

Both the woman and gnoll had a glowing barrier around them which exibited chaotist blasts of multicolored hues. (Entropic Shield)

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

Drawing and sinking a second small vial, The Skinner hits the wall out of the line of sight of the priestess and more or less flows up it, his colours blending into the material he’s holding himself against as he himself visibly blurs, becoming little more than a shadow that the eye pulls itself away from at the least attempt to track – until even those who were watching him mere moments before have little or no hope of picking the deranged murderer out from the background stone.

Adding Blur (1 minute/level) to the mix.
Going to take me a round or two to get to her, but The Skinner is off to have a word with the priestess.
23:51, Today: Temple rolled 38 using 1d20+21 ((17)).

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
A set of four putrid, hideous zombies shambled mindlessly forward into a killzone.  Buto, nearly 16 feet tall and towering over his allies in front of him, as well as the zombies, took a huge swing, the hefty, enlarged axe passing cleanly through four zombie bodies, splitting each neatly in half.  He had just finished his swing as the upper torso of the first zombie slid to the floor, followed a moment later by the second, then the third, and finally the fourth in an almost comedic (if it didn’t smell so incredibly awful) scene.

The weapon the woman had called into being stuck Buto, blood was now gushing from almost every part of his body, his rage the only thing keeping him upright.  He knew he would be knocked unconscious soon, but he was determined to go out swinging, so he took a step forward, close enough that he could reach those odd zombies with the wriggling tongues.

One moment the creature was there, its tongue wriggling oddly in its face, the next moment there was only a giant splatter of blood where it had been standing.  ATK Hit AC 31 for 33 points of slashing damage.  Their token says they have DR, but not versus what.  Subtract 5 for DR it is 28 pts damage, either way the thing is D.E.A.D

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash took a short hop forward over the now severed bodies of the row of zombies that had gotten too close, his fists balled up and ready to box the next row of zombies.  Well, you’re a mangy lot, I’ll give you that, and you smell like you just crawled out of an ogre’s arse, but you ain’t the worst thing’s I’ve ever danced with after a few too many ales.

Ash punctuated his words with a pair of quick punches, his left fist punching straight through the zombie’s head and exiting, brain covered, out the back side.  His right fist caved in the chest of another zombie, but the mindless creature did not fall.


ATK 1 Hit AC 27 for 13 DMG.  Re-deadened
ATK 2 Hit AC 17 for 10 DMG.  Not quite re-deadened.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:08, Wed 28 Feb.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx was about to move and then saw Buto, blood flowing freely from many wounds on his body.  It didn’t look like he could make it much longer.  So, deciding to heal him and the others made more sense, especially after Ash had just advanced and beat the pulp out of the zombies before them.

Jinx let out a healing blast that washed over her companions healing them all for 10 points.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch moved forward a few feet and lashed out again with his claws.  They tore into the zombie as flesh and ooze flew all over the place.

Hit AC25 for 7 after DR killing the one Ash injured.  This left just 1 zombie up front left before they got to the others.

09:43, Today: Cruch rolled 25,12,27,9,18,11,7 using d20+9,d6+6,d20+9,d6+6,d20+8,d6+5,2d6 ((16,6,18,3,10,6,4,3)).

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow flew forward.  Finally, the quarry was in sight.  A little more blood and they could be rid of this crypt.

  Move forward, staying 20 ft above to ground, out of any spike chain range

With a shout to get thier attention and some quick hand signals, Crow gave instruction for how to take down the pink female.
There, take her in the middle, where her armor is weakest and she can avoid the least.

Hunter’s bond – +1 Atk, +1 Dam, +1 Skill checks vs Triel for the whole crew. 

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
HP27, AC 19, Divine Favor – 4 more rounds
I would trade all the feathers in the sky for longer legs.  Kray pictured himself with longer legs and couldn’t help clicking out a shout of laughter.  He would look less like a crow and more like a stork.

The truth was, it wasn’t his legs that here the problem, it was the hexagonal blocks of ceramic that covered his torso and legs.  Hard to have good armor that also was easy to move around in.  Well, that is why he carried a bow.

Double move

This message was last edited by the player at 21:23, Sat 02 Mar.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Incredibly, Ash made 6 Fing fort saves vs. Zombie Rot

16:43, Today: Asho Iduska rolled 23,22,25,21,19,21 using D20+8,D20+8,D20+8,D20+8,D20+8,D20+8 ((15,14,17,13,11,13)).

 

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
I don’t think Buto was actually next to any of the zombies when they died, but I rolled 4 Fort saves for the first four he killed, anyway.

16:46, Today: Buto rolled 16,22,23,25 using D20+12,D20+12,D20+12,D20+12 ((4,10,11,13)).

 

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The Skinner continues to flow quietly over the ceiling towards their enemies, well away from the mess and spatter, a flicker of a shield forming around him – as quickly lost in the gloom as he was – as he employs one more of his carefully-hoarded reserves to prepare himself for the next few moments of pitched battle.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The floating weapon followed Buto and slammed into the back of the enlarged suli’s head.

Rolled a nat 20, confirmed the critical with a 25, which I believe hits. If not, divide the damage in half. 16 dmg to Buto

[Private to GM: https://www.aonprd.com/MagicWo…nalName=Briar%20Bomb]

Two of the zombies swung at Ash, but he easily dodged their swings. The broken bodies of the disgusting and disease ridden creatures lay all over the floor. Fluids were oozing out of the previously animated corpses, slicking the floor. The weird zombie with the long tongue rushed forward at Ash, but it too couldn’t land a hit on the snake man.

The huge beast roared loud enough to rumble the cavern and finally rushed forward, swinging the spiked chain woven into his flesh. Barbed metal ripped into Ash’s flesh as the revolting gnoll swung with the strength of three men. (Hit AC 26 for 19 damage)

Triel moved back into the narrow passage, pulled something off her belt and tossed it to the ground. Immediately thick, thorny brambles (hardness 5, hp 15) started growing rapidly to fill the cavern passage. They grew up toward the ceiling 20 feet, which left a few feet open above them. The briars did not block vision, but they would provide cover against attacks made through them. Moving through them looked like it would hurt.

Temple on the ceiling can move over top the brambles. Crow can fly over them.

(A creature moving through the briars takes 1d4 points of piercing damage for every 5 feet of movement through the area. In addition, each creature trying to move through the briars must succeed at a DC 20 Reflex save or become entangled in place. Entangled creatures can break free of the briars as a full-round action with a successful DC 20 Strength check or Escape Artist check. A creature trapped in the briars can opt to remain motionless in order to avoid taking any more damage. A creature can try to pick its way slowly through a field of briars without taking damage or risking entanglement by attempting a Dexterity check as a full-round action. For every 5 points by which the result exceeds 10, the creature can move 5 feet (up to its normal speed).)

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:07, Sat 02 Mar.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
The two zombies in front of Ash tried to claw him, but he used his long arms to easily bat away their attacks.  One of those weird zombies with the odd tongues charged towards him, but only made it a few steps before Buto’s axe crushed it into a lifeless heap of disgusting flesh. OOC: I’ll post Buto’s AoO on the zombie that moved up here to help keep the actions in order.  AoO Hit AC 26 for 35 pts DMG, killing the tongue-zombie.

Ash thankfully looked up just in time to see the hyena-headed gnoll swing his wicked barbed chain, whipping it forward.  Ash bent over so far backward, his snake body, bending in a way incomprehensible to most humanoids, that the chain just missed digging into his scales.  Snake Style AC 27 – attack just misses.  09:07, Today: Asho Iduska rolled 27 using 1d20+18.  Snake Style AC

Ash desperately wanted to attack the gnoll, who seemed to be the most dangerous fighter on the field, but the two zombies, incompetent and mindless as they were, blocked his way, so he decided to deal with them first. Hey, stop your showin’ and clawin’, brainiacs.  Didn’t your mother ever teach ya any manners?  I guess necromancers aren’t known for showing any love to their servants.

Ash fired off a pair of quick, powerful punches, the first one completely missing as the oddly bobbing zombie zigged when Ash expected him to zag.  The second punch crushed the mushy, rotten skull of a zombie, and the thing fell dead to the floor.

ATK 1: Nat 1 miss
ATK 2: Hit AC 30 for 15 points of damage.
OOC: I accidentally rolled Ash’s attacks under Buto’s name, in case the die roller history is confusing.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto felt as if he were in a dream, the screams and shouts around him becoming unreal, probably something to do with his damaged brain after that last attack from the odd, floating mace.  Well, if this were a dream, he was about to wake up.  Might as well make his last moments count.

Drawing his axe back after having split another of the weird tongue-waggling zombies, Buto took aim at the chain-wielding gnoll that had just tried to spike Ash.  Buto still couldn’t bring himself to care much for Ash (or Crow or Kray for that matter), but they were on his side against the gnoll, and Buto wanted to do what he could for them while he was still standing.  Their chances of survival were better if Buto could injure the thing.

He swung his axe, held at the end of unimaginably long arms of smoke, from left to right, aiming for the shoulders of the gnoll.  Hit AC 28 for 32 DMG.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch stepped forward once more but slipped a little on the gore of the undead under his feet.  His first claw would have missed the air if it was even possible.  His second claw wasn’t much better but it at least got closer.  That was a waste of time he thought briefly to himself.  One bonus was that he was closer to the hairy creature before him.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx was about to rush forward when Buto took another nasty wound from the floating hammer.  She shook her head in disgust as she let out another flash of healing magic for her companions.

Healed 7 damage this time.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
The Skinner, grinning in a fashion that would unhinge the jaw of anything which didn’t have his… Advantages… continues to crawl along the ceiling between the uneven spikes of the unworked stone, stalking the priestess with every intention of introducing her to the same strategy employed by those undead spiders a little while ago.

After all.

He sees her.

Moving above her and just waiting for her to stand still for one damn’ round. ^_^

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Giant, hail-sized drops of blood showered down on Kray as the divine construct savaged Buto again, ramming into his immense body with enough raw power to shake the floor.  The brute could not take much more of that, and Kray reacted almost without thought.  He would like to think it was tactics that moved his feet, as Buto was their best weapon against the horde of bewitched dead, but it was not.  Kray hated Buto, but he was a member of their Crew, and Kray protected them like family.

Healing was not the strength of his way of channeling divine power, so Kray had made a point to study (and pray) to deities that favored this use of power.  You had to be well rounded, able to adapt to any situation, and this one needed powerful healing and quick.  Rapidly adapting his stored protective spell to one of restoration, Kray closed to touch Buto’s thick leg.

“Immonhiel, bless this warrior; heal his wounds so he may continue to battle our fiendish foes”

  Convert Iron Skin to Cure Moderate, use Healing blessing to empower – 12 Healing total to Buto

This message was last edited by the player at 08:24, Mon 04 Mar.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
HP 37, AC 18  Hunter’s bond – 2 more rounds, Everyone gets +1 Atk, Dam,  Sense Motive, Perception, Bluff, Knowledge and Survival against Triel”

Crow caught a flash of Temple as he disappeared into shadows on the ceiling and thought she had a good idea of what he was after.  Triel would bleed them from behind her little cocoon of safety while her lackeys took all the arrows.  Well, time to put some pressure on her.

Crow flew up and over the chain-wielding gnoll, high enough to avoid the long length of brutal looking spikes and steel, and through the thin gap at the top of the thorn wall.  Is she didn’t know better, it look like a perfect trap for her specifically.  A gap only she could fit through, far in front of her supporting crew.  Isolate, alone.  Perhaps it was a trap, but Crow was not alone, and Triel might regret luring Crow over.  Her arrow bit deeper from close range, and she knew just where to strike soft pink flesh.

AS soon as she was clear of the thorns, Crow fired an arrow down on Triel was above, hoping the angle would limit the protection provided by her full plate armor.  If not, she had some more tricks in her quiver.

  Point blank shot on favored target.
Hit AC 32 for 12 magical damage.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Again Triel’s floating weapon attacked Buto. (Hit AC 35 for 9 dmg)

The red haired woman snarled up at Crow as she came over the barrier and sunk an arrow into her shoulder. She fell into spell casting and a mist rose up around her. The group lost sight of the briar barrier, and everyone on the other side of it.

(A misty vapor arises. The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).)

“Why don’t you come down and play little bird?” Triel taunted crow.

Roaring again, the gnoll beast stepped forward swinging the massive chain twice at Ash.

Hit AC 27 for 16 dmg
Hit AC 22 for 16 dmg

If either of those hits, please roll a Fort Save DC 14 and lemme know.

Gnoll’s AC is currently 23

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto had just felt the dual chilling waves of healing wash over him when the hells-cursed mace bashe his head again, immediately undoing some of the healing that had just been done.  Buto growled in anger, but kept his focus on the gnoll who had just managed to spike Ash with his chain.

Buto played tit-for-tat with the gnoll, swinging his axe, which, at the end of his elongated arms was, for all intents and purposes, also a chain.  Albeit a much nastier one.  His blade connected squarely again with the gnoll, biting deeply into the creature’s hide.  Hit AC 24 for 35 pts DMG.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash managed to duck under the first swing of the chain Snake Style AC: 35, but he was not quick enough to dodge the next strike, the wicked barbs of the chain digging deep cuts into Ash’s scaled shoulder.  Hey, that’s no way to welcome visitors to your dark, dingy, putrid cave.  At least buy a guy a drink before you try to swipe him, eh?

Let’s see how you like it, ya filthy animal! Ash took a short hop forward and tried to kick the Gnoll’s feet out from under it. CMB 22 on the trip attempt. Failed.


ATK 1 – Trip – Nat 1 fails
ATK 2 – Trip – CMB 22
Fort Save – success – Today: Asho Iduska rolled 18 using 1d20+8 ((10)).

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:10, Wed 06 Mar.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx kept on healing since Buto and now Ash were still getting hit, and hit hard.

Healed 9 damage to everyone.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
Most of the healers in the city are practitioners of fairly well-respected arts which are long on herbs and short on cutting (mostly because of how likely cutting someone open is to kill them, later rather than sooner) – where Temple differs, is that he’s a surgeon and he’s one who, unlike most of the part-time barbers practising his trade, tends to have his patients survive the process… Partly because he’s a rather good alchemist… And partly because he’s extremely precise.

That precision, as well as that anatomical knowledge carries over to The Skinner on his occasional forays into recreational murder, but the thing about precision… The thing about precision is… You sort of need to be able to see what you’re doing to get anywhere with it.

This much-hoped for precision vanishes into the mist, much like The Skinner himself as he plummets from the ceiling to land, crab-like on the ground beside the priestess between her and her retreat, hissing eagerly as he hurls himself at her – only to sweep his claws through empty space that looks a bit like her, then near blunt his teeth on her plate-armoured hide as he tries to gnaw through her plate gorget.

All in all, not his best day.

Miss due to missing and concealment, miss and… Yup, miss. And I don’t get sneak attack while she has concealment even if I hit her.

Yay.

00:29, Today: Temple rolled 15,11,1,13,10,9,10,14,9 using 1d20+9,1D6+6,1d10,1d20+9,1D6+6,1d10,1d20+9,1D8+6,1d10.  Claw, Claw, Bite (to hit/damage/miss chance 1-2).

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
HP 28, AC 19, Divine Favor – 2 more rounds

The cavern echoed as the massive Suli took another blow from the spectral hammer.  Kray was down to his last spell, but there was no point to save.  They needed Buto to carve a path to Triel.  With another shouted prayer to the Angelic Goddess of Battle Healing, Kray tried to stem Buto’s wounds again.

Channel Divine Favor to Cure Moderate, empower with Blessing on Healing
18 Healing to Buto (12 plus 6 for empowered )

Kray’s panic was rising a little.  He could not see Crow through the combatants, thorns and mist. And that made him quiver with anxiety. The only thing that kept him from racing to her side was the whipping chain the Gnoll somehow still wielded despite the trauma Buto’s wicked ax had inflicted on its reanimated flesh.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
HP 37, AC 18, Hunters bond  1 more round

Crow did not respond.  Speaking would help give away her position, and this was not personal.  This was an execution, and the only thing that mattered was removing Triel’s blood from her body.  Let the piglet waste her few remaining breaths on taunts.

Crow folded her wings and quickly sunk to the floor, drawing out her blade as she did.  It was not her preferred weapon, but hopefully, two-on-one odds would be enough.

Stow bow and draw longsword during move.  Melee Strike with longsword, with flanking and favored enemy
Hit AC 20 for 13 damage, 17 miss chance

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch moved 5ft within range of the gnoll and with a red in his eyes and song on his tongue, he slashed wildly at the gnoll hoping to drop the thing.  Unfortunately, Crcuh found it much harder to penetrate the gnolls flesh than he thought it would be, thus not even drawing the slightest of blood or ichor from the gnoll.

21:27, Today: Cruch rolled 14,11,22,12 using d20+9,d6+6,d20+9,d6+6 ((5,5,13,6))

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Roaring again, the gnoll swung mightily the chain woven into the flesh of its arm in a swipe that first slashed into Cruch, and then into Buto. (Hit Buto AC 31 for 19 dmg Hit Cruch AC 24 for 16 dmg)

With the mist going up, Triel’s spiritual weapon returned to her. She immediately directed it to fly behind Temple and whack the surgeon. (Hit Temple AC 30 for 2 dmg) Her own mace she used on Crow. The woman clearly knew how to use the weapon, and wielded it with strength that far surpased what her physical body looked liked it could produce. Silver flashed in the dim light of the lichen and torches as the head crushed into Crow once, then a second time as the back hand connected too. (Hit Crow AC 25 for 17 dmg Hit AC 19 for 19 dmg) Strangely, in her off hand, the woman held a wand rather than a shield or a second weapon.

OOC: Before I can share about Crow hitting Triel, I need to know if she missed because of the miss chance. A 17 is under 50, which I treat as a miss, because rolling high on everything else is what we do. But if you all want to use the lower numbers as a hit, we can. Let me know.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:10, Thu 07 Mar.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
The attack on Cruch burned as he knew he had been cut by the strange weapon the gnoll used.  He was still standing and still able to fight so he struck out with tooth and claw.  One of his long claws managed to get in to hit the gnoll and then he bit down on the exposed flesh as well, but none of it seemed to do any good.

01:46, Today: Cruch rolled 26,11,11,10,23,10,3 using d20+9,d6+6,d20+9,d6+6,d20+8,d6+5,2d6 ((17,5,2,4,15,5,2,1))

This message was last edited by the player at 07:47, Thu 07 Mar.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

The arrival of Crow may well mean that The Skinner has to… euuugh, share, but it does provide a degree of distraction that he can’t help but value, and while his bite lashes out to skid over armour plate and slide off – the angle of his attack caught out by the reflections in the mist – the other blows are rather more securely aimed, screeching over metal and hopefully digging into flesh.

A rather better round: Hits 23 for 11 (and doesn’t miss), hits 26 for 8 (and doesn’t miss), hits 24 for 13 (and misses, arse).
23,11,4,26,8,7,24,13,1

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash faced down the growling gnoll who had just dodged a pair of leg sweeps when Buto’s axe crashed into the beast, followed by a series of slashing claws from Cruch.  The two, thankfully, drew the gnoll’s attention and it turned its chain on them, striking Buto, then Cruch with a pair of sickening thuds.

Ash took advantage of the creature’s distraction, taking a short hop to one side which put the gnoll between Ash and his companions.  As the Gnoll pulled its nasty chain back in to begin another swing, Ash jumped up and grabbed hold of the thing’s head, yanking backward with his full force and weight of his body.  ATK 1 – Trip CMB 26 succeeds..

The gnoll, mindless undead that it was, didn’t utter a shout of suprise or a curse of any kind.  It just toppled, snarling, over onto its back.  What in the name of Nalinivati do you think you’re doing?  You and I were having a conversation.

Ash raised his booted foot, his new boots already covered in muck and ichor from the spiders and worms he had trudged through, gave the gnoll a solid kick to the head.  ATK 2 Hit AC 28 (includes +4 vs. prone) for 15 points bludgeoning damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:35, Thu 07 Mar.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto never prayed to anyone or anything, but if he did, he would have said a prayer of thanks as the blasted mace, for reasons unknown to Buto, floated away and toward the mist that had sprung up in the distance.

The relief at seeing the mace depart distracted him enough that ne never saw the spiked chain which cut a vicious wound through his side, setting another run of blood down his leg to the floor.  Buto howled in pain and anger.

And then the head of the snake-man appeared for a moment behind the gnoll’s own head, which subsequently toppled over backward, the snarling creature now wriggling on the floor.  Buto raised his axe in an overhead swing and brought it crashing down onto the gnoll’s body.  Hit AC 24 (rolled a 22 but forgot to include +2 for flanking) for 36 pts slashing damage.

As he brought his axe back, Buto took a small step backward 5’ step back to put himself (hopefully) out of the range of the vicious chain.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:03, Thu 07 Mar.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx had one more healing she could do and then it was time to assist in the fighting.

Heal everyone for 6 HP… better than nothing.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
End of hunter’s bond, HP 1, AC 18
Crow was never at her best in hand-to-hand combat.  She practiced with the sword for that occasion when a bow just wouldn’t work but it failed to leverage her natural gifts and abilities.  She was strong, and quick, and an average opponent would regret crossing blades with her.

Triel was not average, and Crow found herself greatly outclassed in the fight.  Only luck and quick reflexes saved her from dying on Triel’s first attack.  The twin strikes she had taken crushed the side of her face and ripped open her side.  She could barely see through her own blood and breathing sent gouts of pain through her whole body.

Time to go.  She could not face another second within reach of Triel’s mace, and there was nothing to be gained in staying here to dying.  With a powerful rush of air, Crow launched herself up to the ceiling of the passageway,  retrieving her bow in the process.  For better or worse, she would have to find a way to use it instead of the sword.  She hoped the thin doctor would fare better than she had now that he would occupy Triel’s full attention.

Withdrawing action to avoid AOO.  Draw bow with move

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Little Kray might have been out of spells, but he was not out of power.  He focused his will into his bow, and it caught fire.  Blue and green, and even yellow flames shot up and down the metal-studded wood, not buring it or the wielder’s hand.  This fire had one target, one thing to burn, and that was the drooling face of the spike-wielding knoll.

With a shout of defiance, Kray launched a pair of flaming arrow at the thing as it lay crumpled on the ground, hoping to make that spot its funeral pyre.  HE took a quick hope forward after his second shot, ready to try another trick if the flame didn’t work

Rapid shot with DF, Point Blank Shot, and Flaming Weapon
Hit AC 20 for 12 magic damage (erased by DR) and 6 flaming damage (not erased by DR)
Missed ac 11

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto’s Fort save –  success
Today: Buto rolled 20 using 1d20+12 ((8)).

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Cruch’s attacks felt like they were doing nothing. He could feel the chain mail woven into the creature’s hide repelling his attacks. Plus the thing did not scratch or bleed like a normal being would. Ash didn’t even see any results from stomping on the thing. He might as well been stamping on a rock or a log. Buto’s blade did seem to tear open a wound in the snarling beast’s rotting flesh. The gnoll roared from the ground and stood up, glaring at Ash for having knocked it down. Clearly not merely an unthinking beast, it seemed this creature could hold a grudge. Swinging his chain as he stood, the gnoll connected with Ash’s hide. (Hit AC 34 for 16 dmg. Ash and Cruch get AOO for the gnoll standing up.)

When Temple struck the woman, he actually heard a feminine scream echo from farther back in the same cave come echoing forward. Triel laughed in Temple’s face as she took one blow then another. “While you may hurt me a little, I hope you don’t mind killing an innocent! Your attacks hurt her too!” Again she cackled as she turned all her attention on Temple, and as her spectral weapon attacked too. The cleric stepped just to Temple’s left, trying to put her back to the stone walls.

Triel’s Attacks:
Hit AC 32 for 13 dmg 64% (didn’t miss)
Hit AC 21 for 11 dmg 72% (didn’t miss)
MISS AC 32 for 9 18% (miss) spiritual weapon

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
The beast began to stand, giving Buto another easy shot it it’s hide.  Though he was hitting the thing squarely twice, he had the sense that his attacks were not as effective as they should be.  But it was bleeding, and if it bleeds, he would kill it.


AoO – Hit AC 28 for 29 pts damage
ATK – Hit AC 37 for 30 pts damage

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash realized that his attacks were doing nothing to the Gnoll. But maybe he could do something about that gods-awful chain.  He thought about trying to disarm the beast, but the way the chain was wrapped around and fused into its arm, he doubted that would work.  But if he could manage to break it…

As the gnoll began to stand, Ash extended his fingers and formed his hand into a semblance of a knife’s edge and struck at the chain.  Sunder attempt at the chain.  Ash will forgo his flanking bonus to not provoke an AoO (Dirty Fighting).  CMB 32 vs 20 (-4 for prone) for the Gnoll – succeeds.  Total 13 dmg to the chain (I’m not sure what it’s hardness is, so that will have to be subtracted from the 13 dmg)

Just then the beast managed to whip the chain in a quick yank that Ash hadn’t expected <Orange>Snake Style AC 25 – fails and the wicked barbs ripped through the flesh of his legs as the head of the chain flew past him.  However, he managed to catch the head of the chain as it tore through him and, using his entire will to set his feet into the ground, he jerked the chain back.  The maneuver caught the gnoll of guard, causing it to tumble to the ground again. ATK 1 – Trip – CMB 32 vs. 24 for the gnoll -succeeds

Still holding the chain in his hands, Ash took another shot at breaking the weapon. ATK 2 – Sunder.  CMD 25 vs. 20 for the gnoll’s (-4 prone).  13 dmg to the chain.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
The taste of the gnoll was disgusting but it didn’t matter to Cruch.  He was fighting for his life and his friends.  He clawed and he bit at the gnoll, tearing disgusting flesh as he went.  His attacks weren’t having much effect but it was keeping the gnoll busy trying to defend against him.

21:35, Today: Cruch rolled 28,11 using d20+9,d6+6.  AoO hit AC28 for 11

Hit AC32 for 16 with the boar’s style.  AC28 for 9 and a miss.

21:36, Today: Cruch rolled 32,9,28,9,21,6,7 using d20+15,d6+6,d20+15,d6+6,d20+14,d6+5,2d6 ((17,3,13,3,7,1,3,4)).

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
As the gnoll went down, Jinx had an idea.  She moved quickly trying to get out of the things reach but knew that she may take a hit in the process but she needed to get over to help Crow and Temple with the human woman Triel.  Why she hadn’t thought about it prior was beyond her…

I believe you get an AoO for the gnoll but his reach should be hampered on the ground I would think???  So maybe not.

Move to within 30 ft of Triel and then Triel heard soft music in her ears.  DC21 will save or good night.

AC27 right now

DM Update: The Gnoll’s AOO missed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:36, Fri 08 Mar.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
Seen through the fog, The Skinner is a gangly nightmare of flensed-leather flesh and needle-like teeth standing proud of a jagged, gash-like maw… It’s blurry, faded and horrible even before its limbs start to trail the blood of the wounds it’s dealt, but when told it’s sharing its efforts with ‘an innocent’?

There’s a brief pause, an eddy in the mist through which the abhorrent thing grins, toothily and slowly back at Triel before answering in a voice like nails through jagged flesh “Flirt.” before being battered backwards by the first stroke of the mace and more or less catching the second blow and stopping it dead, then flowing back up Triel’s arm to lash and bite at her, giggling hungrily as he attempts to strip flesh from bone with his needle teeth.

By happy chance, Temple’s AC is currently 23, meaning he only loses half his hit points this turn!
He then hits AC 21 for 7, Misses with a 10 for 14 and hits a 20 for 11.

19:09, Today: Temple rolled 21,7,10,14,10,4,20,11,5 using 1d20+11,1D6+6,1d10,1d20+11,1D6+6,1d10,1d20+11,1D8+6,1d10.  Hopefully before Crow withdraws.

[Private to GM:  She can also take a DC (10 + 1 + 2) 13 fortitude save to avoid being sickened (–2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks) from the ratkin bite. ^_^]

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
HP 27, AC 19, Divine Favor – Last round
Kray took another hop forward, moving carefully so as not to give the thing writhing on the ground a chance to whip that barbed chain at him and channel pure life energy into his bow.  It would be healing energy for a living creature, but not so for the undead. This energy could remind the flesh under the spell of what it was like to be alive and cut the puppet strings that kept it from true final rest.

Sacred Weapon on Bow to give Disruption

He then brought the metal studded bow down hard on the revenant twice, not caring where he struck as long as there was enough contact for the magic to take effect.

  Rapid shot with bow as a two-handed mace with divine favor and disruption
Hit AC 27 for 19 damage
Hit AC 22 for 13 damage
Must make a DC 14 will save for EACH successful hit or be destroyed.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
HP 1, AC 18

Crow couldn’t see if Temple was having any luck with the fight, nor could she see what was happening back in the fight with the zombies. She also couldn’t see the thorn wall and was reluctant to fly through it without being able to see it.

She took the only useful option she had left, in her mind. This Triel was getting part of her power from another and Crow wanted to find her.  With several sweeps on her wings, Crow flew through the mist to the other side and…

60ft fly move into the room beyond the mist.  Let me know what she sees before I finish the rest of my turn. 

Crow spotted the two women and flew to them, quickly demanding answers in Common. “Which of you is linked to the woman Triel?  Which has been taking her hurts? Just now. Speak quickly.”

Crow had no way to break the enchantment, knowing little to nothing of spellwork or such.  She did see one way to end the benefit the pink-skinned devil was getting from it though.  If she could determine which of these two woman was linked to her.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:40, Sat 09 Mar.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
This cavern must have seen better days. It was probably once a fairly well-appointed room, complete with carpets, a laboratory, a small altar, and a bed, but some recent terrific explosion has scattered the furnishings of the room into piles of twisted rubble along the edges of the cave.

Crow also saw two human women chained to the wall in the back little corner of the room.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Kray (msg # 129):

Narrator GM, for the NPC Gnoll, rolled 20,13 using 1d20+9,1d20+9.  2x DC 14 Will Saves

Add descriptive text about Gnoll exploding

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:10, Sat 09 Mar.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Crow (msg # 130):

The woman closest to Crow raised a shaky hand

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Temple (msg # 128):

Temple found another crease in Triel’s armor. While crow was with the woman she saw a new wound open on her as she whimpered in pain.

Triels AC is 21

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:12, Sun 10 Mar.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Triel attacks Temple

10:12, Today: Narrator GM, for the NPC Triel, rolled

28,11,88 (hit)
16,14,51 (miss)
20,2,41 (miss)

[Private to Temple: She passed the save.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:14, Sun 10 Mar.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch could hardly believe his eyes as the gnoll exploded into a thousand pieces as Kray had smashed it with his bow.  The attack had him standing there for a brief moment before he heard the fighting still going on in the other chamber.

Cruch moved forward and began to slash with one of his claws to begin the breach of the brambles before him.  “Jinx give me a claw here!!”

Dealt 5 damage after the hardness on first attack.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx hadn’t seen the gnoll die as she was concentrating on finding Triel.  She knew her hex hadn’t put the woman to sleep and it was confirmed when she heard further attacks beyond.  At Cruch’s bidding, Jinx stepped forward 5ft and slashed her claws at the brambles as well.

Total of 3 points of damage after hardness.

19:20, Today: Jinx the Black rolled 7,6 using d6+3,d6+3 ((4,3)).

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
The sweep of the mace slams into the ribs of the Skinner viciously, shattering one and cracking two others – drawing an almost sensual moan from the abhorrent creature, who beams in a sickly fashion at the priestess and whispers happily Oh, I like you…”, leaving his words as echoes in the air and little more as he seems to fade out of existence and into the mist she conjured moments before.

Soft, high-pitched giggles roll through the air around her.

Entering stealth is a movement action, keeps her from using an AoO – and is only possible because she provided me with concealment, go team! He won’t move far. The Skinner will then knock back an extract, because ouch

00:29, Today: Temple rolled 35 using 1d20+21.  Stealth.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto snarled in anger as he whipped his axe back for another strike on the gnoll.  He was only marginally aware of the small bird that made a couple of small hops forward, was only partially aware of the little bird swinging his odd bow around.  And then the gnoll….exploded? Disintegrated? Anyway, it was there and then it was gone, well, it was still around, but in so many tiny fragments as to be little more than debris.  There hadn’t been an explosion, or fire, or a shockwave, but nevertheless, the thing was mutilated.

In his heart, Buto felt a welling of surprise mixed with pride.  Such an incredible feat for the little bird. He tried to express that feeling as such, Little Bird, that was quite a strike!  You must have used some powerful magic against it, for certainly that might did not come from your puny arms.  Somehow that didn’t ring quite right, so he gave another try at expressing how momentous the occasion was thusly, Buto once heard a saying about things like this, “Even a blind chicken finds a kernel from time to time.” There, that did it.

And now on to more pressing matters.  Buto strode through the remains to the thorny wall that the twin trolls were biting and scratching.  Take those stick out of your mouths, friends.  You want to open a door, you should have just called a locksmith.  Buto swung his axe, a strike that had originally been intended for the gnoll, and split the wall of branches into kindling. 28 dmg after DR.  Oh Yeah!

On the other side was a thick mist.  Buto couldn’t make anything out through it, but he could hear the sounds of a battle inside.  The cleric and one of his companions.  He looked around to find that Crow and Temple were missing.  Well, Temple could be standing right under his nose and Buto might not see him, but Crow was definitely not in the room.  Come, trolls, time to end this.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash pounded the gnoll with his powerful fists and didn’t even manage a scratch.  He smashed the gnoll’s chain and hardly made a scratch.  Across from him, he saw Kray make his bobbing hop nearer to the gnoll. And then another set of bobbing hops and Kray, armed with that ridiculous bow that probably weighed more than he did, swung with two big strikes, neither of which looked like they had a chance to hurt the gnoll….

There was a whoosh sound and the air was momentarily full of debris, and the gnoll was conspicuously gone.  Ash’s reptilian mouth fell open in shock as he stared at his adopted nestmate. Kray…..What. Did. You. Do!?!  That was incredible!  Crow’s going to soil herself… Ash glanced around to see that Crow was missing.  He took in the thorny wall, which had just been shattered, and the mist on the other side.

No time to bask in it now, brother.  We’ve got to move.  But, and I just have to say, in all honesty and seriousness, with my full heart. Kray…. Ash paused to let the moment sink in, You owe me a giant zombie gnoll head for the Den.

Ash then trotted off towards the mist and whatever was waiting inside of it.  Well, Ash had spent a fair amount of time in the dark depths of the mines.  He didn’t love it, but he could deal with it.  Flex Feat: Blindfight

Is that you in there, Triel?  Your guards are dead.  Your spiders are dead.  Your disgusting worm-infested dwarves are dead.  Your gnoll is paste on the cavern floor.  Why don’t you come out of there and at least end your life with more dignity than you lived it? We’ll make it quicker than you made it for Wink.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:17, Mon 11 Mar.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
All Crow could see when she looked at the woman was blood.  So much blood.  Not leaking from the woman’s supernatural wounds, but leading back in the wake of Crow’s inky wings.

The Crew killed, certainly.  Guards, soldier, assassins.  People hired to fight, who signed up to defend something, to kill someone.  They knew the game when they signed on, and death was the cost of losing.  They took the pay, so they had to pay the bill.  But killing wasn’t what the Crew as about… they were there to make a living, to make a better life than Pent had gifted them.

Her feathers were soaked in blood, and not just in battle.  Too many guards, too many soldiers, had ended up bound and bleeding at her feet.  Too many lives ended simply because it was easier than letting them live.  Easier for her.  It might have been by Buto’s ax, or Ash’s boot, but it was her Crew.  Her will.  Her WORD.

The tactician, the realist, told her it was inevitable.  This woman was dead the instant that Triel laid the magics upon her.  They were here to kill Triel, would not leave without doing it, and that meant this woman was dead.  Maybe she still breathed, but death was written like a promise on her forehead.

Would it not be better to end it in one quick strike, then to suffer a slow death of a thousand cuts.  Mercy.  Pragmatism.

But Crow did not act.  Too much blood was on her wings.  And this woman’s WOULD be there too, to join the rest.  But not like that.  Not slaughtered like a pig.  Perhaps it was cruel, perhaps it was selfish of Crow, to have some pretense of innocents. But she saw the long dark path that such actions, heartless logic, would lead her, and she drew a line for herself.

“TRIEL!!!  End this now.  Parlay.  Your guards are dead. Your life line is here are my blade, and will shortly give you no more comfort. We can talk. Yes? Make arrangements. Accords.”

Crow turned away from the Woman and raised her bow to back at the mist.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
With the first blow, he felt the Gnoll’s aura, what ever magic that sustained it, resist the energy infused in the weapon.  As he brought it down a second time, Kray could feel the gentle pressure of an external hand, divine guidance, guide his blow to the target.  He barely clipped the creature on the shoulder, a glancing blow that would have done no damage through its unliving defenses.

But Kray wasn’t trying to crush or break… he was just trying to deliver a touch. Just enough to let the energy he had channeled into his bow flow into the monster.  And it did.  The life energy slipped through a crack in its will pwoer and awakened the flesh within.  In a burst of light, it rejected the abomination of necromantic halflife and literally ripped itself apart.  It could not both be living and undead, and so annihilated itself in the conflict.  Pure energy radiated out from the spot where the Gnoll once lay, the only vestige of the horror were shimmering motes dacing around Kray’s ebony feathers and shimmering off Ash’s emerald scales.

Kray bowed his head for a moment, saying a pray for the life that he had just release from necrotic slavery.“Rest now, be you fair or foul, rest.  None deserve that fate.  Rest.

Kray looked around at his shocked companions.  They underestimate him based on his size, and always seemed shocked when he stood out in a fight.  If they did the math, they would realize only Buto had put down more opponents then him.  Well, maybe Jinx too.  He was not surprised at all.  This is what the power of Gods could do.  They made life.  Their power could enhance the natural gifts of the living, and sunder those abominations of the flesh like this Gnoll.  Heal and Turn in equal measure.  They should have naturally looked to him in moments like these, his powers were best suited to combating the undead.  But he was just that little bird trying to use an adult’s bow.

“Close you mouth Ash.  Those dust motes on your tongue are bits of undead necromancer Gnoll.  They have to carry all types of diseases.  Now, where the hell is my sister?”

Move up to thorn wall

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Oh my word I cannot get a moment to myself. She will just surrender and you guys can post what you’re going to do

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
The Skinner is… Well, it’s hard to say what The Skinner is really, given all the fog and the thorns and all the rest, but when the woman surrenders he manages to sound downright petulant as he flows back into sight beside her with a “Spoilsport.”, refusing to look her in the eye while he scuffs his feet through the dirt and relieves her of her mace and any other obvious weapons (along with her holy symbol) before glumly leading her back to the others through the cloud.

For those who have seen The Skinner skulk, sulk probably isn’t the expression they expect from him but nevertheless the jagged, stitched-leather face he wears is downturned in a scowl through the process of escorting her into custody – absent the curiosity Temple earlier showed about just what’s going on here.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:45, Tue 19 Mar.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash approached the misty cloud that was filling up part of the cave.  He couldn’t see through it, but he knew Triel must be in there.  He had already prepared himself to find blind, and just as he readied himself to spring into the mist, Temple’s….face? Could you call that a face?….appeared from the mist, with Triel beside him, looking angry, but devoid of weapons, as Temple had her mace in his hand.  Ash wasn’t sure if she could still use her magic, so he stayed on guard, ready to spring into action as the two came out of the fog.

Once they were out, and it appeared tha Triel really had surrendered, and made no move to cast a spell or run, Ash grabbed some of his remaining rope from his pack and began binding Triel’s hands and feet.  He was getting surprisingly good at tying people up, he realized.  Side-effects of this kind of work, he supposed.

Alright, Princess, that’ll do for you.  I’d suggest keepin’ still, ‘lest the Doc take a mind to examining your insides. He does have a likin’ to see how people tick in a very literal sense. Looking at Kray and the others, You all keep an eye on ‘er.  I’ll fetch the boss.

Ash trod through the mist, such an odd thing, it felt every bit real, even though he knew it must have been created by magic.  But he could feel the mist on his scales, slicking them very slightly.  Magic…Ash would never truly be used to the stuff.  Making a weapon more powerful, or a belt that could make you stronger, this kind of magic made sense to Ash.  But some of the wonders that could be accomplished…. Well, some things just didn’t need to exist.

A few steps later and Ash was on the other side of the mist, looking at Crow and a pair of women. Uh, Boss.  Looks like Triel surrendered herself to Temple.  We’ve got her disarmed and tied up on the other side o’ this cloud.  Maybe you wanna have a chat with her?  We can bring this two along, if you want.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:17, Tue 19 Mar.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto growled as Triel exited the mist, in his rage he almost struck her down, but he caught sight of Temple leading her out and, thankfully, held his axe.  Ash moved quickly to tie the woman, who made no sign of resistance.  So, it really is over.  She gave up the fight.  So be it.

Recognizing that the battle was over, Buto took a few breaths and focused the way Zhin had taught him. End Rage He then released the spells that had enlarged him, returning back to his normal (still hulking) size, and the black smoke dissipating from around his arms End Enlarge Person and Longarm spells

Surrendering?  It will keep you alive today, Triel.  Maybe that is what you seek, but tomorrow likely carries more horrors for you.  Well, the choice is made. Buto would let Crow handle the conversation with Triel.

He was more interested in the pieces of gnoll strewn about the floor. It must have truly been an incredible magic the small bird used.  Buto felt something…respect maybe… that he had never had for the bird.  Before, Buto could only see the Tengu who had attacked his family when he looked at Kray.  But for just a moment, he could see something else…

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
When Ash found Crow, she was unlocking the chains for the two women. She had heard the surrender and was using the time freeing the ladies to contemplate what to do about Triel.

“This is Ash, he will keep an eye on you for the moment.  Tell him everything about this place, that woman, and why you are here.  Once this place is clear, you can go wherever you wish.  If you need help leaving, you can follow us out.”

“He will not harm you.but answer his questions well.  Yes?”

Crow let Ash take them from there and walked back through the mist.  She bore Triel no ill will, unlike her little nestmate.  The inn was business.  She had tried to raid it, Crow had been hired to stop her.  Both groups would fight for their objective and kill as needed.  Wink’s death was Crow’s responsibility, for allowing him to come at all, and his own.  Not Triel’s.

And the wounds that were currently staining her ebony skin a dark crimson, despite coming from Triel’s own hand, were given defending her home and people.

Triel was a job, and a job that Crow decided to alter.  She was not an assassin, or a hired killer.  They would bring Triel back to the Rangers, and let them deal with her as they will.  That was blood that would not be on Crow’s wings.

Crow limped out of the woods and sought Jinx for healing before addressing their new prisoner.

“I give you two choices, human.  There are those who have paid us for your capture.  We will bring you to them.  Yes?  What they do with you is unknown to me.  Questions, deals, death, torture.  Any and all are possible outcomes.  Or we can take your head right here.  I will give you this choice. “

Crow waited for her answer, then had the crew blindfold, gag, and hogtie her, regardless of her choice.  She also had them stuff her ears with bits of cloth or cotton.

After that, she took a seat to rest for a minute while the others gathered what loot could be had.  A large smile took over her battered face when Kray, and the rest of the crew, told her the tale of the Mighty Tengu Warrior, Gnoll Smasher Kray, and his club of undead reaving.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The two human women captives were really shaken up. All they remembered was being on the street, both of them turned out to be low end “ladies of the night,” then being grabbed. They were hooded, bound, gagged and brought here. They remembered being on a boat, but they hadn’t seen much of anything since they were brought here. They had previously been kept in prison cells until just a little bit ago when Triel drug them out and brought them into this room with the terrifying monster.

Triel rolled her eyes at Crow’s “offer,” shaking her head. “Take me where you will.” was all she said before being gagged to prevent spell casting.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch let go of his song finally.  His voice was rough now as he spoke to the others once Triel appeared with Temple.

“I think we need to fix up our wounds first and foremost.  Then we can see to what Temple found.  After that lets move through the complex with Triel in tow. You know, I just had a thought.  Why not make this our hideout?  Maybe because we didn’t kill everyone they would serve under our leadership?  What do you all think?

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray was confused as to why Crow didn’t just kill Triel but reckoned it was because the rangers might pay more for her to be alive.  Or Crow would be able to threaten to release her if the elves tried to pull any more of their tricks.  They liked to get work for free from the Crew, and Crow would be angling to make sure they couldn’t do it again.

As for Kray, his blood had cooled.  The excitement of how the battle with the Knoll had ended was a balm that soaked through his wound and into his grief.  Triel had been crushed, humbled.  She had given them her best shot and the Crew had laid her low.  Death was an unnecessary extra step.  What happened to her now was no longer that important to him.  They won. And they all survived it.

Kray couldn’t help laughing at Cruch’s suggestion.  Crow would HATE it, but the place was amazing when you thought about it, and useful.

  “Don’t know if I would trust any of them. Cruch.  They seemed to be quick to surrender and too stupid to tell the truth even under enchantment.  If we wanted this place, we would need to evict them all, and those steam-spewing reptiles in the lake.  But it could work.  More space than the Den, room to grow.  And perfect if we go into the smuggling business.  “

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash helped the two women up from the floor and began to lead them through the mist with a word of Don’t worry, Triel surrendered, and the other monsters are dead.  Just stay close so you don’t get lost.  I know the Boss said you can go, but there are a lot of dangers down here.  I suggest you stay with us.

Ash arrived in time to hear Cruch’s suggestion and Kray’s response to it.  Well, it is a bit off the beaten path.  We could stay out from under the watch of whoever’s got their eye on us.  Of course, we’d likely need a purchase a few small boats, or find a way up to the surface direct.  An’ o course, it might due to locate and disable the many unfortunate spike traps in the place.  Or at least identify the best way through.  Don’t want anyone accidentally turning themselves into a sheesh-kebab. Let’s get these two ladies outta here, scour this place for valuables and hand Triel over.  As for Triel’s guards….I say we run ‘em outta here.  Maybe we can find some folks of our own at the Citadel.  There’s always folks lookin’ for work. And they won’t have no ties to this piece o’ pinkie garbage. Course, we’re gonna have to figure out a way to deal with that thing in the water, but if we stick to usin’ the elevator to cross, maybe we won’t have too much trouble with the thing, for now.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto thought about the proposal for a long while.  He had come to like his place in the Citadel, and it gave him the chance to work with horses again, and the having training grounds nearby was… well, Buto didn’t really use training grounds much, but he liked being near them.

However, even Buto could see the benefit to having a compound near, but not in the middle of the city, and at some point, someon was going to find the Den.

Buto isn’t sure about living in this cave.  Makes a good hidey-hole, though. Seems like a nice place for Tem…I mean the Doc.  Plenty of space.  Creepy vibes.

Buto seemed to get bored of the conversation mid-way through and walked off without expounding further.  Instead he began to search the re-deadened bodies for anything of interest or value, to included whatever might have survived the ending of the gnoll.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow remained seated while the others looted the area and discussed possible uses for the caves.  She was a strong breeze away from collapse and had not the strength to deal with the thought of what they would need to do to exit the complex.

“Temple, what did you find in the sarcophagus with the worm-spewing dwarves? Those looked like guards, unique ones, so hopefully you found something worth the trouble. “

She then waded into the discussion about possible real-estate acquisitions.  “Hard to buy and sell so far from those that sell and buy.  Yes?  Clients to hire us will have to make quite the trip.  And smuggling here does little good unless this complex links into the town.  It is a good place to hold things, to hide things.  And without idiot swine in charge, it could be defensible.  Its main value comes from its secrecy.  Yes?  So it is most valuable if we kill all who know about it. Hunting down all the pigs that wallow in this cesspool is a task I am not currently up to.” 

Never one to overlook any possible item of value, Crow mused “It would be value to someone… the right someone.  And to us, as a safe place to run to if we ever needed… if we could keep it empty and in good repair. Let me rest a bit, then we can see to our next move. “

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
The Skinner has been occupying himself examining the shattered remnants of the Gnoll, dabbling his long-bladed fingers into the fragments of organ meat and chain, picking out the latter while humming to himself, not so much tunefully as to the beat of ‘she loves me, she loves me not’ – on the whole, this is probably better than there being anything happening that he actually likes and it keeps him from doing anything horrible to anyone until Crow questions him, whereupon his head snaps up like it’s spring-loaded, blood-smeared glassy lenses fixing upon Crow as if she were the last bright thing in a dark world “Poison, flavourful. Bags. Coin. Dull.”

Temple, it may be remembered – before matters turned exciting and he let The Skinner out – was very much interested in what people were doing here and why, but such questions don’t really trouble his alter-ego and after a long, silent moment of flat staring The Skinner returns to humming as he threads organ-meat through his fingers, looking for answers to questions no-one else could formulate, let alone care about through amateur but curious haruspicy.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx had let go of her spell and was once again herself.  It was a strange feeling to be the troll and even though she wasn’t successful at anything worth it while in the form it was a strong choice.  Now Jinx looked to her friends needs once again.

With her wand in her hand once more she moved about healing her friends.  They had all taken quite a few hits it seemed.  Blood was pouring from more that one wound on each of them.  Crow was the worst off of them all and she attended her leader first.

I had 20 charges left so I rolled them all and you guys can figure out what works best.  Temple if you want to do any patching up first before she does that could help a lot.
11:48, Today: Jinx the Black rolled 79 using 20d8 ((3,2,3,2,5,2,4,2,5,6,4,2,3,8,8,3,4,4,6,3))

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow let the gentle wash of energy from Jinx wand knit her wounds back together.  She waved the green witch away after a few passes of the wand, wanting to save its energy to get the rest of the crew up to speed.  “Thank you, Jinx.  I think I can stand on my own again.  See to the rest with what magic you have left. “
  Crow took 7 charges from the wand for 21 healing (2,3,2,3,5,2,4) 

Crow stood with more energy than she truly felt and addressed the blood-soaked forms of her crew.  “We have what we came for… and more.”  She gestured vaguely at the sacks of coins Temple had found.  “Greed makes the raven an easy target for the hawk.  Yes?  We take what we have and leave. There could be guards left on the way, so we be quick and careful.  No detors.  Yes?  Straight out of this crypt and to the rangers for payment.  We take the prisoners with us if they want. I would not leave the Headmaster of Pent here, I won’t leave them.  Questions? Raise them now, then we gather what loot is here and leave.  Cruch, can you handle the parcel?  She is to make it to the surface still breathing.  She was referring to Triel, as she indicated to the skald with a gesture.   She wanted to keep Ash’s hands-free to react to threats and didn’t trust Buto to keep her alive.

Crow will let them finish getting loot from the immediate area, checking the cavern with the prisoners, and then take the same root back that they came.  They will avoid all trapped or bound guards and hed staight for the elevator.  She will activate the elevator controls from the top (carrying Ash with her) while the rest shelter inside the lunch room.  Once it is down, they will move to it as quickly as they can to avoid the gator.  Then they will head back to the boats. 

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto approached Jinx as she was looking after Crow and received his own bit of healing from the wand. 2,5,6,4,2,3,8

Buto was not as interested in making a mad dash for the exit and said as much. Buto thinks your wings itch for the open sky. Buto just managed to avoid using her name. But there are possibly more riches down here to be found.  We should take our time and search the compound.  Perhaps we will find information hidden there that this sack of human manure will not willingly spill. Buto pointed at the gagged and bound Triel as he spoke, as if that were not obvious.  Yes, we are all tired, but certainly we have it in us to take the clink that might still be here to find.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash could hear the tiredness in Crow’s voice, likely due not only to the hours-long preparation and series of battles they had just survived, nor the left over tiredness after healing, but Ash thought Buto had the right of it.  Crow hated to be in dark, dank caves, and this cave was very much both.  Normally Crow would be pushing the crew to strip the place of every copper.

But Ash also thought that Crow was rattled from having just nearly died.  Ash was well aware what that could do to a person, and though he had faced that situation on a few occasions, Crow was usually able to stay away from the most dangerous of situations.  He would need to check on her once they were away from the others.  She wouldn’t want to look weak in front of them, and Ash didn’t want to draw her ire.  So, instead he tried to support her.

Ya Blue lump, there may very well be more here, but we’re on a job and the job is done.  Time to take our prize and get.  There’ll be time to come back for scouring the place if we take a mind to do it.  We’ve got a nice payday in coins here, and more coming.  For once in your gods-cursed life, can you just shut yer trap and move your feet.  Ash spoke with more venom than he’d intended, but he found that supporting his long-time friend brought that out in him.  Ash began a quick search of the area around him and began to pack up anything of value he could find.

===========================================================
Cruch
———————————————————–
Cruch didn’t need any healing from Jinx as his own song kept his wounds healing.  It was quite the gift he had earned in his studies.

Crow had given the command to exit the compound and while Cruch wanted to see more of it, he understood the job was done and they needed to get Triel back to pay for whatever she had done to the rangers while he wanted to end her life right here and now for the loss of Wink, he knew he wouldn’t do it.

“Yes, I will ensure the package is delivered safely enough.  It may be a bumpy ride princess!”  Cruch said as he roughly grabbed Triel.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash left the group and walked back through the now-fading mist to the section that looked liked a demolished room.  He began to rummage through the area, looking for anything of interest or value. Perception Check: 24.     Asho Iduska rolled 24 using 1d20+11 ((13)).

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray was satisfied with Crow’s decision.  He was out of magic power, drained, and exhausted.  And his friends looked in rough shape.  Healing magic could take away the gaping wounds and bruised flesh, but the other signs of trauma remained.  Ripped clothes, rent armor, burned hair… and blood.  Everyone was covered in blood, much of their own. It was time to go.

He laughed at Cruch as he threw Triel over his should like a sack of grain.  ” No need to make it too smooth a ride, Cruch.  And if she gets too wriggly, we could ask the lake dwellers to steam her.  Wrapped like that and steam-cooked, she might make for a good dumpling.”

Of course, Triel was unlikely to hear much of it, with the wadding in her ears and blindfold covering most of her head, but it still brought Kray a little joy.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto grumbled on, even as Ash walked away, as if everything were decided.  Crow this, Crow that.  You let your whole life be driven by that bird. Buto pointed toward a now healed, but still weary-looking Crow. Buto will follow her missions, she is good at finding us work.  But she is not Buto’s owner.  We should at least ask the group.  Everyone risked his life coming down.  Why leave the riches behind?  With that one Buto indicated the bound and gagged Triel in tow, none here will oppose us.  At least we should check the other rooms in the main fortress.

Buto then looked around at the group, tired, some still bleeding, mostly already looking to pack up and head out of this cave. Ok, ok.  Buto gets it.  Time to go.

Buto will assist in gathering any objects of value around, including taking any objects of value from Triel, before the group heads out.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:48, Sun 31 Mar.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Triel kept quiet and didn’t struggle the entire ride out. Neither was she helpful. The group disarmed and disarmored he discovering some nice toys.

Spiked +1 full plate and a +1 silver heavy flail. They also retrieved a wand of cure serious wounds [Private to GM: 7 charges, 5th-level caster] and a silver holy symbol.

They were able to avoid whatever monsters lurked in the water, and any other guards beyond the ones they had tired up.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:08, Mon 01 Apr.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
Perhaps unsurprisingly, The Skinner neither volunteers, nor is asked for medical services during the course of the group leaving – part-way through which he spasms a few times and returns to the more conventional, definitely-a-man-in-a-leather-suit-and-not-something–much-worse look he assumes under the mutagen. At that point he does at least attempt to engage Triel in conversation, at least to a degree which will permit him to find out what was going on down there if she has any interest in answering.

He accepts only a single charge from the wand (8), seeming to consider the modest investment sufficient for the day and his main contribution to the looting discussion is to spend some time rummaging around with his hand in one of the bags he found up to his shoulder, seemingly counting.

“At a rough estimate, there’s about seven and a half thousand thrones in here, in one sort of coin or another. In addition to the two mildly magical bags.” he states after he’s done, without looking up – perhaps glad to have justified his presence in some fashion, even if he didn’t achieve a lot martially that anyone saw.

[Private to GM:  To hold enough coin, the bag would need to be either one Type II or two Type I’s. I favour the latter actually, less loot in one spot. That okay?]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:33, Wed 03 Apr.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Despite his crew leader’s weariness and readiness to depart quickly, Ash is still a scrounged and heart, stopping to check the guards for any valuables they might have on them, and dropping their various swords, etc in the magical bag Crow had acquired.  He filled the bag and his own backpack, as well as that of anyone else in the group who agreed to hold onto something.  OOC: DM, can you give me a rough idea of what we can pull off the guards

Crow grabbed Ash and flew them both up to the upper elevator platform before undoing whatever she had done to disable the thing.  They rode the platform down to the beach and Ash, wary of the creature that had attacked them before, ran across the narrow shore to the door where the others were waiting and led them, Triel in tow, back to the platform which they took back to the upper level.

Ash directed the group in loading the boats, also tightly securing Triel to prevent her attempting to escape into the water.  I’m assuming we’ll try to go when it is getting dark, as it might look odd to arrive in broad daylight with a bound and gagged cleric.

Once ashore, the group headed straight to Tyro

Assuming everyone wishes to join, we’ll go to Tyro’s place to turn in Triel and collect the second half of our payment.  2000 gold if I recall correctly.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow was satisfied with the haul that Temple had discovered.  “Well found Temple.  We were distracted stomping worms, and you had your eyes on the bottom line.   Between this and our fee, this job will end up being worth the time we invested in it.

Crow didn’t like Temple giving Triel back her ears and tongue to interrogate her, but she let it be.  She would never trust anything said under threat or from a pig.  They had been burned too many times.  The only good intel they had found had been bought from the elves.  She would remember that… trust only yourself, the crew, and coin.

Crow insisted they headed straight to Tyro with Triel as soon as it was dark.  She flew to the Den with Kray and brought the hand cart to the docks, where they unloaded a bound Triel into the back and covered her with sacks and a tarp.  She left Kray, Temple and Jinx to guard the cart while she took the rest with her to get their fee from the “dwarf”.

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
When the group searched Triel and found a wand similar to hers but with a stronger spell inside she smiled.  She could sense that her wand was almost depleted and would have needed to either recharge it or purchase a new one.  This one would come in handy.

Can I tell how many charges it has after studying it while we move?

The trip out of the cavern and into the open air brought a great inhale of the fresh salty air.  There was a slight breeze as they exited the mouth of the tunnel and climbed down to the small boats they had just lowered into the water.  Jinx was mainly quiet on the trip back to Ptolus as she pondered what Cruch had said about making the complex their hideout… she didn’t like the idea personally.  She had grown accustomed to sleeping in the Inn they had purchased and would tell him as much once they were alone again.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Under the cover of darkness, the group of fortune seeking opportunists moved stealthily through the labyrinthine streets of the bustling city. Even at night the streets of Ptolus were busy. Their footsteps were hushed, their breaths shallow, as they navigated the shadows with practiced precision. The only sounds emenated from the squeaking wheels of the cart.

Carefuly to avoid any City Watch patrols – explaining a bound and gagged woman on a cart would likely get them hanged – they took the narrower roads. They moved in a tight formation, communicating through silent gestures and meaningful glances, their every action calculated to avoid detection. Their captive, bound and gagged, was a constant reminder that their payday was near. As they inched closer to their destination, tension mounted within the group. Every sound was amplified, every shadow a potential hiding place for danger.

Finally, they reached the Guildhouse of Iron. With night fully fallen by the time the snaked their way through the streets, the interior was bustling with activity. Every table was occupied by dirty workers, having finished their labors for the day. A group mostly comprised of humans and dwarfes, they looked up and down the armed and armored folks that entered their establishment. But none made to stop them.

Still, they found Tyro, sitting in the same spot they had last time. He looked up and smiled upon seeing them.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow, a blood-splattered, grim-faced Crow, took in the smiling, duplicitous being that claimed to be a dwarf.

“We have completed the job you hired us for.  The goods are in our cart.  For you to review, and decide how you would like to handle the merchandise. Perhaps you will like to butcher it and serve it for dinner, or let it age…  or something else altogether.  It is not for us to suggest what you do with your purchase.   Where would you like us to put it? 

Crow kept her language vague, as there were certain to be ears around.  She did not sit, or give any sign that they had plans to stay for even a moment longer than necessary.  He would likely to want to get information out of them, for free or a pittance, and she had no plans to continue to be cheap labor. He thought he could swindle and underpay.  She had warned the rest to guard their tongues here.  If he wanted to learn about the cave side catacombs, he would have to pay.  And she planned to set the price to deter further interest.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray felt very exposed out in the square with the bound Triel hidden under the packs on the cart.  Her followers could have followed them here and be at the moment planning a rescue.  The watch could come by and ask to inspect the contents of the cart.  A lot of things could go wrong, and he was unusally on edge.

He took advantage of a break in the foot traffic to scramble up the side of a nearby building and took a hidden watch from the eves. He had borrowed a few of Crow’s special arrows and had some ideas about how to discourage anyone showing too much curiosity about their payload.

===========================================================
Buto
———————————————————–
Buto remained outside with the cart, a mountainous shadow leaning nonchalantly against a cart.  He watched shadowed faces pass by in the dark, but none came too close to them.  Buto wasn’t too concerned with the consequences of being found out by the watch, but that was his way.  Rather oblivious to the world around him.

Buto thought about getting back to his quarters at the Citadel of Iron Might, sparse as they were, and of getting a bath to clean the remnants of undead spiders and dwarves and skeletons (oh my!) off of him.  He kept quiet, preferring his own thoughts, rather than chatter.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash’s was on edge as they had traversed the city streets.  Every dark corner held a threat and every narrow alleyway was populated by Triel’s henchman lying in wait.  He was only able to breathe relatively easy once he and Crow were standing in front of Tyro.  The job was almost done.  Hardly worth what they were paying, but they had found a nice little stash amongst Triel’s things, though Tyro didn’t need to know about that.

As they approached the dwarf, Ash did his best to look imposing, but kept his mouth closed, for the moment.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–

“Mmmm, it will hopefully be put to good use.” Temple agrees when Crow speaks up, otherwise remaining fairly quiet on the way up the cable-ride – pausing only to open the door on the guard room and inform the thoroughly bound men within “Our business is concluded.” and tossing an unsheathed knife down onto the floor where they can likely wriggle over to it given time and incentive, which will in turn likely let them free anyone else well after the group is gone.

Reputation is important after all, and if they are recognised, it being known that surrendering to them is rewarded with life will likely do no harm.

Once up in the city, well… He scouts ahead of the cart, his mask removed for now rather than draw attention to him – one more cloaked figure amongst hundreds, and if he’s making sure by subtle hand-sign and careful observation that they have no unfortunate legal entanglements en route well at least he’s not showing his face where Triel can see it.

Safety first, and all that.

And then, when they arrive he re-masks to remain with Buto, or at least to remain close to Buto, standing guard nearby in a convenient patch of shadow so that the burly warrior doesn’t get surprised or snuck up upon and their prisoner can’t readily wriggle free.

===========================================================
Tyro Amberhelm (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tyro cocked his head when Crow said they had the goods. But he nodded and stood from his seat. “Let’s go take a look!”

He moved slower than the others, with his much shorter legs. Maybe Kray could identify with having the same issue.

He blanched upon seeing Triel alive. “Oh. You didn’t kill her. She’s… alive…” Tyro scratched his thick beard and shrugged. “That’s okay actually. This might be better in fact.”

Pulling back his short cloak he untied a bag of coin from his belt. The group saw a leather wand case on his belt, and a dagger as well.

“You mind leaving the cart? I can have one of my men bring it back to you. Clever way to move her through the city, I gotta give you that.”

bag contains another 200 dragons (platinum) per your agreement

This message was last edited by the player at 15:22, Sun 07 Apr.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow took the bad from Tyro with an internal sigh of relief.  She was ready for this job to be over.

“Certainly.  We will look for it tomorrow.  Enjoy the evening’s activities.  Yes?”

Crow gave no chance for follow-up questions.  SHe gathered the crew up and headed back to the den. As tired as she was, she made a point to spend some of the trip in the air, scouting the way ahead.  It would not do to make it this far to be ambushed by footpads within sight of home.

She led them back to the den, then gladly scooped up a draft from the barkeep and ordered a plate of cheese and bread.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Back at the Den, Ash ordered a round of mugs for any of the crew that wanted them.  Horus poured a round before heading off for the night, leaving only Sela Narys to serve the crew, but as there were no other occupants in the Den at that time of night, she was not much put out, though one might think she was from the litany of complaints she spewed as she served.  <RoaylRed>It’s such a joy to have our owners back with their freeloading friends.  Good thing this isn’t a business people depend upon for their livelihood…  Another round of ales on the house?  Certainly your grace, right away your grace…

Tonight Ash did not drink to his normal inebriated state.  He was too tired, and longed for his bed, but after such a job it would be bad form to disappear too quickly.  He found himself sitting near Crow at the bar and remarked, Well, Crow, our little crew showed themselves much better this time.  We stuck together, supported each other, and we all came back safely.  It won’t bring Wink back from the dead, of course, but at least it kept anyone from joining him.

A couple of ales later, and about as far into his cups as he would get that night, Ash raised a toast to Kray. To the smallest of the Ugly crew, but who has the most heart of us all and who used it to blast that gods-forsaken gnoll to bits.  I’m gonna commission a painting of it in your honor, Kray.  And hang it right over there on the wall, where the gnoll’s head shoulda been.

Upon waking the next day, that is exactly what Ash set out to do, seeking a painter in the city who could, based on Ash’s description, produce a high-quality painting of the scene.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
Sitting in the bar, after hours Temple finally removes his leather hood… It’s a weirdly transgressive sight to see him without it, given how naturally he manages to go about his business while wearing the damn’ thing but his sweat-damp hair promptly assumes a ‘helmet head’ quality which he tries unsuccessfully to tamp down with his fingers before he sets out the bags he secured and empties the coin from them out on the table, sliding it into neat little piles then adding one of the pouches, “This one is magical. As is this one.” – the second one he’s tapping is on his own belt, presumably one that he intends to keep for himself – “And I think it safe to assume that they’re not cursed, under the circumstances of their discovery.”

“As for the day… Well.” – here, he pauses with a mug of indifferent red wine in his hand and licks his teeth for a moment, grimacing and extracting a small piece of what looks like shattered chitin from between them with a fingernail – “That could have gone better, could have gone worse. I must apologise for having achieved so little with my reconnaissance although I think that the stratagem to isolate and bypass their defenders worked excellently. Our most notable difficulties seemed to me to be our early discovery, caused as far as I could determine by a trap we did not detect, dealing with the swarm of grubs and that Gnoll.”

Here, he pauses to take a drink “For the former and the latter, all we can reasonably do is train. For the middle one, I shall see about manufacturing some alchemical weapons for future need. Nothing too exotic, but such things would have been useful I suspect. Does anyone else have any notes?”

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray did settle into a pint and then another.  It was a busy night and the day before, but he was still somehow buzzed about their success.  He shrugged off the praise from Ash, knowing that it was partly tinged with the lack of respect he was used to getting from everyone, even his closest friends.  They had watched him fell guards and thugs before they could even raise a weapon to do the deed themselves, and his arrows did not suffer anything when used against the big and the strong.  All felt the wicked barbed steel arrowheads the same.

But he knew that part of their praise was due to the impressive way he had ended a threat that had taken everything the giant dreadnought of a Suli had thrown at it and the rest of the crew as well.  It had soaked up all of the damage and continued to hit back just as hard.  And Kray had eradicated it with two whacks from a big stick.

In truth, it had been a last-ditch attempt.  His last vestiges of power, but it was the exact right tool for the right job.  Crow had taught all of them that.  It wasn’t about being bigger or badder; it was about having the right tool for the job.

After the third pint, Kray broke a lull in the battle analysis and intermittent ribbing with a pointed statement to the air..,. but clearly for Crow.  ” Jaeger.  It means “Hunter”.  We hunted our foe across the city, under the sea, and into the earth.  We took them against great opposition and brought them bound and powerless like a trophy.  Jaeger.”

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow greedily ate down bread, cheese, and dried meats while upending the bags provided by Temple on a table in the back.  She liked to keep all accounts current, and the crew deserved to see the fruit of their blood and sweat.  The counting took several hours, but in a faster time than most could accomplish, Crow had all the taking from the treasury, plus their fee from Tyro, divided into 7 even piles.  There was roughly 16 gold left over after splitting the coins evenly, so she tipped the staff of the Den with it.  A generous tip for sure, but the boys would be working them hard this night.

  Each member of the crew gets 57 plat, 642 gold, 1142 silver, and 2214 copper coins in leather purses.  The plat and gold are held in small pursues within the larger one. 

“There will be more after I can find buyers for the solid goods.  Temple, hold onto one of those bags for future need.  I still have one from the orphan job.  There is one more for whomever could make best use of it.  This wand can go to Jinx.  I believe she used up her last, keeping us all alive down there.  These are tools to be used for future jobs, not shares of treasure. Yes?  They do not come out of your shares.” 

Crow listened to Ash and Temple give their thoughts on how the crew conducted themselves on the job. She was curious about what thoughts Jinx and Crunch had.  It had gone better than the previous one, and showed growth.

She replied to each of them in turn, from scales” “A job that all return from and brings a few thousand marks gold for each is one to be proud of.  Yes?” 

To masks: “Better supplies.  To handle the undead and the small. Your little tricks worked well for us.  They were well conceived and well crafted.  And well used.  I think fire bombs, holy water, and some easy way to bind and gag prisoners.  That mound of mithral we left gives me shakes.  We should think of how we can move large items in future.”   

To feathers: “Bah!  We hunted for another this time, like falcons sent from the wrist to bag a rabbit.  Would you have us be dogs?  We are more than hunters.  Yes?” 

This message was last edited by the player at 19:13, Mon 08 Apr.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray felt they were up obscenely early the next day, given the late night and long days. He pushed back on Crow for once, and forced her to let him look at her wounds.  He wasn’t as good at it as Jinx or the doctor, but he had paid attention to both and apprenticed with healers back in the Pent-in days.  He added some salve to the giant bruise she had earned in taking Triel. Only Jinx’s wand had been kept there from broken ribs, too, that would had needed to be immobilized.  The cuts and abrasions earned an ointment to prevent infection and promote clotting.

He poured a little power into the ministrations, knowing she would not take the necessary rest that purely natural healing would require.  Then it was out into the streets for a quick meal and then finding a buyer for the merchandise they had acquired.

It was a testament to Crow’s distraction and fatigue that they purchased breakfast from a cart on the way to the water district. She distrusted them and always preferred to make their own food from dry goods or eat at an inn.

They didn’t use her normal contact with the Killgraves. All the arms they took had been sized and fit for humans, and for that the Killgraves had no more need than any other group that hired guards and outfitted paid blades.  He knew she liked to spread around her transactions, not relying on any one source too much. Regular business could be used to gather information on the crew, and Crow didn’t want anyone knowing too much about their operation.

“So what’s the next move, sis?  We lay low for a while?  We have enough from this job to sit for minute and take our time looking for the next job.  “  Crow was being even less verbose than normal this morning, and Kray needed to break up the tension with some sound… even if it was just his own.

“A day or two, perhaps.  We fought hard, took wounds. Yes?  They need to heal.  But not too long.  We are gaining momentum as a team.  Best to keep the hammer working with the steel is hot.  But not for this tree-born dwarf.  He pays too little and keeps too many secrets. How do you feel about piracy? ”

That last bit caught the bird’s ever-ready curiosity, and the rest of the journey passed with very little silence and a lot of planning.

  Crow will fence the weapons and arms, then they will head back to the Den for lunch and to hand out the rest of the takings.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow made arrangements with her fence in the *** gang for the arms taken from the guards in the cliff-side cavern.  She didn’t like working with them… too many Men to trust.  The more they gathered in big groups, the worse their intentions were, but she didn’t have many options if she wanted to get a good clink with minimum questions.  They always needed arms for their street muscle and protection gigs, and these were fine enough for professional soldiers.   They might even try to move them to some noble house’s guardsman or one of the more organized guild retainers.

The few pieces of magical arms matched well with the rest.  Full plate for an officer or Leftenant, with a flail to match.  The spiked chain would have received more interest from the halfling, but Crow didn’t want to make multiple stops.  Stupid that, and lazy.  Don’t put all the effort into the chase to let overeager talons destroy the kill.  .

She didn’t mention the two items from the knoll to the human fence after all and left with a price for the rest.  She would have Buto and Ash take the delivery of the bulk of the items to a designated warehouse that evening, not too late to attract notice but late enough that the city watch would be thinking of ale and supper. Nobody wanted to spend time on spot-checking carts when cooking smells were wafting from every inn on the street.   She took Kray and herself to see Cottolm about the chain and chain mail from the knoll.

On the walk over, she had Kray look at the holy symbol they took from Triel.  She didn’t want to leave any profit unrealized, but the thing might be too distinctive and leave a trail to their recent activities.

Kray will try to identify the holy symbol while Crow tries to appraise it.  Take 10 on both, for 16 Knowledge religion and 17 appraise

===========================================================
Jinx the Black
———————————————————–
Jinx had been quiet on the way back to the Den. They had given Triel to the dwarf and that business was completed. It was a good thing for she didn’t like nor trust the dwarf at all, something about him didn’t sit right with her.

When she was asked about how things went she gave a simple answer, “well I think the mission went well. We all came back alive and with full pockets.  I’d say that it was a success.  We do need to figure out how to deal with the swarm that those worms made.  Not one of us besides Ash could harm them.  If Temple can’t make the alchemical agents needed, perhaps I can. I will need to look at my supplies and see.  It is a good thing we found that other wand as well, for my other is no longer able to heal anything. Though looking at it as I have I don’t think there is much magic left in it to help a whole lot.”

She thought about the last thing. What would they do next. She hadn’t the faintest idea, she was a follower not a leader.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The days passed rather uneventfully for the crew after their excitement. One huge ship came into the harbor the day after Ugly completed their mission. It was a large, three masted vessel which was laden with supplies and goods being brought to Ptolus for sale. The docks were abuzz with activity dealing with the unloading, and the Captain’s Den had a fair number of patrons while the ship was in port. Being so large, the ship couldn’t actually dock, so smaller boats were needed to ferry the supplies off the boat to the dock. Plus it took several days of work to completely empty the hold.

Sela Narys was quite happy for the extra patronage. Anytime things had been slow for a few days, she got into a foul mood. “Empty chairs don’t tip.” Was a common complaint of hers. These sailors seemed to be a fairly orderly sort. The ship guards were also disciplined and well kempt. Unlike some of the local sea merchant groups that came through, this group seemed consummate professionals. Perhaps the longer sea voyages required a higher level of proficiency. Or perhaps their Captain was someone who demanded punctiliousness.

They learned the ship’s name to be the Chatham and the Captain to be Relvic. Almost all the crew were humans, but a quad of half orcs from the crew took a liking to the Captain’s Den due to the plurality of races present.

Captain Relvic stopped in only one time during the days the crew was in port. He had short cropped, straight, black hair and brown eyes. A handsome man, with skin almost as black as Crows feathers. He easily stood six feet tall and had a thin build. His voice boomed in the deepest bass tone as he informed the group he came to buy a round of drinks for all his men. This was of course met with cheers, and a few groans from those not of the ship who still had to pay for their drinks.

Beside the sailors, another visitor to the Den caught Crow and Kray’s eyes. A male, cherubim elf patronized the bar two separate nights. Most odd about him was that he had an eagle perched upon his shoulder which had only one normal eye. The other eye had been replaced with a sparkling gem. The cherubim elves actually had wings, and this one was no exception. He sat apart from everyone, with his back to the wall. He wore fine leather armor and had a high quality rapier on one hip.

[Private to GM: https://ptol.us/npc/wynthaes/]

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:07, Sun 14 Apr.

===========================================================
Temple
———————————————————–
Five days is enough time for Temple to have fully recovered from his injuries and then some, as well as patiently making sure that the wounds the others took in the depths heal cleanly and without scars (or with them, if the one with the injury feels that it’s for the best)… It’s enough time for him to have done a little ‘work’ for his landlords, to have done a little work at the training grounds and – last night – to have dropped by his favourite little social hangout to talk matters over with an old friend (as defined as someone who knows what sort of person he really is and is intrigued rather than appalled), which is where he was given something of a warning.

And an opportunity.

He’s swung by the Den every couple of days – as he usually does – but on the fifth evening he looks uncommonly serious when he does so and is quick to signal for Asho’s attention quite urgently and seriously indicating for him to head into the back before gathering up anyone else present and moving to join them.

While hardly the life and soul of the party, it’s rare for him to look or act this… troubled and he’s quick to explain why as he slips into the room with those present and softly explains “We have a problem. Or rather, Asho has a problem. You may recall that while we were recovering that orphan child from the slave market, he attacked some of the other customers? A party from the deep country?”

The Drow, in other words but you don’t go throwing that word around up here.

“Well that customer made it home and it turns out that they’re… connected… They might not have much power here in Ptolus by themselves, but their family are cornerstones of the slave trade, drug trade and supply of illicit magic. Balacazar and Killraven dealers use their services.. And because he offended them, an interest is being expressed in having Asho delivered to them in the form of a nice pair of boots and a matching belt.”

Not, you know… Ideal, that but Temple wouldn’t be Temple if he didn’t also have a solution of sorts.

“Fortunately, I have some… acquaintances on that side of things in their number who think well of me and they have indicated that that particular connected customer was searching for something that would make an excellent apology. Specifically, something in the possession of an old enemy of theirs who recently dropped out of sight in the city. I managed to earn a description of them and a few ‘last seen’ locations but the customer was extremelyreticent about the nature of the object or person they were looking for.”

Which is at least a little vague, but there you go.

“The enemy in question is known to be dangerous, intelligent and magically capable, but if we can locate them or where they lived we can simultaneously loot it and-or-them while buying enough favour to avoid having someone render our companion there down into custom haberdashery… A state of affairs which I think we can all agree would be less than ideal.”

TL:DR: Ash upset a Drow noble. The Drow want him skinned and have lots of friends. We can change their mind by bringing them a trophy a Bad Guy took from the Drow. We know what the Bad Guy looked like and some places he went, not much more. And we can loot the house for a bonus.

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray, ever the bird of curiosity, approached the be-winged elf (as if they needed any excuse to act more snobby, in Crow’s mind…  which was rather short-sighted of her, as Strix were very elf-like in appearance, well, drow-like in appearance.).

“What’s it like havin feathers that actually let you fly?” Kray started off with a bit of self-deprecating humor, shaking a few feather on his forearms.  “What brings you to the Den? We get all shorts here, but I think this is the first time we have seen a winged elf unless you include Crow over there, and most don’t consider Strix to be elf-kin.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The winged elf eyed Kray up and down. He looked over at Crow when Kray mentioned her. Then he looked around the room and gestured for Kray to move closer to him.

“I heard a rumor that your group was involved in disrupting some slave trading below ground… Is that farce or accurate?”

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray often gave off the air of naivety to those who didn’t know him well… and even to some that did.  The positivity, wide-eyed curiosity, and eager attitude could be mistaken for an innocent and manipulatable nature.

Making that assumption would mean disregarding his rough and tumble raising in the mean corridors of Pent-In.  Not to mention his apprenticeship under Crow’s most non-naive tutelage.  This fish-out-of-water trying to dig for potentially dangerous information on the crew would have to try better.

“Slaver ring, huh? If you mean the Pent-in orphanage, we escaped that hell hole, but that’s about it.  It felt like slavery, and some of the “apprenticeships” they sent us to actually were.  Now, if’n you want to buy me and my mates here a round, we might be able to spin you a tale or two of a job done well… and maybe a few done badly.  Those ones are always more entertaining.  Ash, Crow!  Com’ere an meet this fine be-winged fella. What was your name again? “

===========================================================
Wynthaes (NPC)
———————————————————–
“Wynthaes.” He answered simply, looking over to Crow and Ash as Kray indicated them.

“I don’t have a great deal of coin, but I can afford to buy one round, if it means hearing a good story.”

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash pulled up a chair and waited for the ales to be served.  It’s a story you’re after, then I’ve got one to tell you.  A few years ago, shortly after these two joined me in the lovely confines of Pent-In.  Well, one day this one (indicting Kray) was hobbling around on account of Buto, aka the big blue meanie, had kicked the stuffing out of him the day before, an’ I was hobblin’ around on account of Buto had subsequently kicked the stuffin’ out of me, an’ Crow here was hobblin’ around on account of that’s just how she walks with those talons of hers.  Sharp as the dickens, those.

Outta nowhere one of those white-shirted wardens at the orphanage walked over and started hasslin’ Kray, callin’ him the little Tengu twirp, or maybe I called him that, but anyway he was gettin’ after the little guy, and if you think Kray’s slight now, well, he’s not particularly slight compared to you, my fine elf friend, but he was practically a baby doll in those days.  Anyway, Crow gave me a little sign, so I stood up, I was much smaller then, but still could look that mug in the face and I start givin’ him some lip of my own.  Meanwhile, Crow slips around and nabs the fool’s keys.

Later that night, we let ourselves into a stash of some kind of moonshine the staff kept locked up.  Oh, that was a night.  We ended up sneaking through the Commons, quiet as mice we thought.  Well, apparently drunken mice are not particularly quiet.  Needless to say we each spent a few nights in the Caves for that one.  But oh the look on that guy’s face when Crow handed him back his keys easy as you please.  “Thanks for the loan, pal” or something like that.  Now those were NOT the proverbial days, but we did have fun.

===========================================================
Wynthaes (NPC)
———————————————————–
Wynthaes screwed up his face in confusion as the story concluded and had nothing to do with the slave trade.

“I… I don’t understand. This one… Kray was it? Said you all could share a story about doing something to disrupt the slave trade?”

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash tried to keep his face from giving anything away.  Affable and light.  Their business with Kaz had gotten Mullev killed (that was Mullev on the wall, wasn’t it?  Hard to say.), and maybe the rest of his skulk family, as well.  I can’t say that I have any stories about slave trades other than what my feathered brother here mentioned regarding the orphanage.  What interest do you have in slaves, anyway?  You lookin’ for a new career or somethin’?

Sense Motive to understand why the elf is interested in our experience with the slavers.  Rolled a 30.  Asho Iduska rolled 30 using 1d20+16.  Sense Motive – Cherubim Elf.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:49, Today.

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow approached the winged elf, this “Wynthaes”, but kept silent at first, letting Ash do his thing.  He was good at putting people off balance and used the opportunity to read more about the person then they wanted him to.

She didn’t know if the elf knew her, but she pretended not to know who he was.  She had no desire to turn into a bounty hunter for the bloodsucking pigs.   What this elf said over the course of the next few minutes would determine if Crow held to that decision.

While Crow was not as good as Ash, she still paid attention to his body signals and tone while Kray and Ash steadily put him more at odds.

Sense motive:22
Crow will speak after Kray, Ash and Wynthaes start to wind down.  She won’t let him leave with speaking up

===========================================================
Kray
———————————————————–
Kray couldn’t help but crack a grin as Ash progressively got the elf more flustered and annoyed.  Now, it looked to the elf that Kray was about to peck at a worm (or an eyeball), but it was a mirth-filled smile.

”  Now, what is your interest in our little group of friends, Wynthaes?  Did you hear we do good work and you are looking to hire us?  I wouldn’t believe everything you have heard about us… we have to drum up interest in our services somehow, and there are always vultures perched on peaks telling tales to start trouble.”

===========================================================
Wynthaes (NPC)
———————————————————–
They could tell the elf was indeed flustered. He seemed a little socially awkward. Likely he spent more time with his bird than with people.

“I wish to see the slave trade stopped. If you were of the same mind, I was hoping you might share what you’ve discovered.”

It was his turn to scrutinize their expressions and body language. He was tense, as was the eagle on his shoulder.

If his information was wrong, then he just admitted to these people he wanted to stop slavery and they might attack him.

===========================================================
Asho Iduska
———————————————————–
Ash gave a quick sign to Crow and Kray, I think he’s on the up. Nervous that he made a mistake in contacting us.

Well, we did run a small errand for a friend of a friend of a friend at some point, during which we may or may not have had some inadvertent negative impact on a local slave trade.  But who’s really to say?  We aren’t particularly out to save the world, my winged friend, but we have been known to take up the righteous cause from time to time when there was a little coin to be made.  But then, it sounds like your purse might be a bit light…

Ash had sensed the he had flustered the elf and couldn’t help but rib him a bit.

===========================================================
Wynthaes (NPC)
———————————————————–
The elf pursed his already thin lips, and nodded at the story. He realized this group wasn’t going to give up much more information without him sharing some himself.

“Have you heard of the Ennin’s? They are a group of slavers who I know are operating in this city. I discovered an Ennin stronghold along the coast to the southeast of Ptolus. I just came to Ptolus recently, following clues I found in that base. Those clues led me to believe there is an even larger Ennin stronghold here, somewhere. And locating it around the Docks seems the most likely, since the water is the least guarded aspect of Ptolus. At least from a City Watch perspective. I want to find their other base and destroy it as well. Hopefully I’ll be able to rescue and free any slaves they have currently. I’m not asking for you to get involved, but any information you could offer might help a lot of people.”

===========================================================
Crow
———————————————————–
Crow allowed herself a smile.  Ash and Kray had tenderized and cooked this bird very nicely.  They were good hatchlings growing into full-blown hunters on their own, with wings to take them high.

Crow spoke in an uncharacteristically slow and precise manner.  ”  This is dangerous for you.  Yes?  There are those who would like to take the opportunity with you in the city to… discuss… things with you.   They would pay handsomely for this opportunity.  Yes?  Me… I don’t consort with blood-sucking pigs, nor do many here.  Still, this matters much to you to risk them.   Or you are an idiot. “

Crow kept her voice quiet, just the same.  The elf had intrigued her, but she didn’t want any trouble with potential buyers, no matter how much blood the drank or how pink their skin was.

“I do not hold with slave taking or selling.  The swine put too many of my kind in chains, clipped wings, took nestlings.  And the deep elves are just as bad.  Buying and then dragging those poor souls to the darkness below… ” Crow could not suppress a shudder at the thought.  Better to open a vein, all of them.

“We are no paladins of Lothar here.  We do not quest or right wrongs.  We are simple folk making a living in the fringes of the Spire’s shadow.  Your mission has a heart behind it, but we cannot afford such noble inclinations.  We pay rent and make trade.  Yes?” 

Crow found herself hesitating, for reasons she could not express herself.  A month ago, she would have sent this Sun-eyed dreamer on the way as quickly as a loose feather in a gale… only bad things could come from this, and no profits.

“I do not know these “Ennin”.  Tell me about them, and if it resembles something I have seen or heard of, I will tell you for no more than the price of this cup.  “Crow held up the drink Wynthaes had bought her.

===========================================================
Wynthaes (NPC)
———————————————————–
Wynthaes’s eyes widened when Crow mentioned people wanting to discuss things with him. But he relaxed considerably at her final words.

“The Ennin are exclusively of the monstrous races. I have not learned of a single human, elf, dwarf, or halfling member. And they take great pride in capturing the “pink” races as you call them. Although I’ve never heard anyone else use that term.” He smiled and chuckled.

“They seem to truly hate humans and elves especially. Not that they won’t take slaves of any race, they will. But they certainly prioritize humans and elves. Would you mind sharing the details of what you encountered? Possibly even telling me how to get where you went?”

===========================================================

Previous : Ugly Inc : Chapter 3 : Den Upon the Sand : Part 3 | Next : Coming Soon…