Talin was good with it. Vogh knew that not only was The Skull and Sword a rough tavern in the Guildsman District but also that there was an area known as “The Back Room” which was an exclusive sex club in the back of the Skull and Sword.

She didn’t let Talin in on how just rough she knew the bar to be, but figured they could handle themselves.

13:37, Today: Vogh rolled 27 using 1d20+12.  knowledge check.

There would be no one at the rough bar this time of the morning. Likely even the proprietor was sleeping after a late night with a rowdy crowd. Vogh and Talin decided to mill about the Delver’s Guild and listen to any rumors. The area was mostly empty with a few pockets of people sitting and talking, enjoying a few light snacks. A few bleary eyed man were dropping into seats after grabbing drinks, obviously having been awake all night. One serious group of a few humans and an elf seemed to be in quiet conversation but neither bard could get close enough to hear.

Finally, boring of milling around the duo made their way up into a typical overcast Ptolus day and passed through the crowd to enjoy lunch at the Minstrel. Tellith came over with a smile carrying their drinks, “Hello you two. Last night was fantastic Talin. I’m sure the crowd would love to see you both up there as well. Vogh, I’m happy to give you the same rate as Talin.” She winked at Vogh and spun away.

Talin was smiling back and drinking from the light ale Tellith brought him, but Vogh was unable to bring the cup to her lips as she noticed a young woman sitting against the wall, obviously upset.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
To Tellith Vogh said, I can join Talin later on as I have something going on till partway into the evening.  We will put on a show though for the crowd!

Once lunch was finished and Talin seemed like he was ready to go, Vogh noticed the young woman.  Talin, do you know that girl over there?

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin shook his head, showing no recognition but his face scrunched with concern when he realized the young woman was in distress.

“No love, do you?” When Vogh answered in the negative Talin asked if they should go talk to her and both concurred.

They walked tentatively over to the young woman who seemed to be stifling sobs.

“Miss, I’m so sorry to bother you, but we could not help noticing you seem very upset. Is everything alright? Is there anything we can do to help?”

She looked up, almost startled that someone approached her, sniffed and wiped away tears from her eyes. “Oh. I’m sorry. I don’t think anyone can help me.” She sniffed again, clearly fighting back tears. She invites the bards to sit.

“My name is Delemele and I’m a priestess of Melann. She’s the Goddess of Farming. I was given the duty of transporting the blessed wafers of Melann to the fields north of
the city. They were to be crumbled and scattered upon the ground to ensure fertility. But when I arrived at the fields earlier today, the wafers were missing!”
Delemele fought back down another sob and her body shook with the effort.

“I feel truly horrible. I will face severe chastisement and probably even a demotion in my rank. Worse still, the farmers risk poor crops and even blight!”

After taking a drink from her small, pale ale, she continues, “I had the wafers with me when I left the temple, and the only stop I made was at the small tavern, Gatehouse Pub. I just met my friend Kaela there for lunch before heading out of town. The wavers are worthless if stolen, I don’t know who would have possibly taken them, or even why!”

Again she dropped her head into her hands and wept lightly as Talin put a hand on her shoulder and looked at Vogh with a quizzical look. No man was ever comfortable around a weeping woman.

Private to GM: Delemele Description:

very short
medium, solid build
average weight
rough light-ruddy skin

round face
creased brow
green, reddened eyes
thin eyebrows
broken nose
thin lips
has underbite

curly (permed) silver hair
short
sometimes pigtailed

prefers athletic clothing
left-handed
gestures quickly
moves in a fast/controlled manner
has a stiff/tense stance

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh listened to the priestess’s problem and why she was crying. It seemed reasonable to her that she would be at that time.  Vogh was almost glad that it wasn’t something much direr, though this could end up that way if all the crops failed.

After consoling the poor girl, Vogh asked, so when you left the tavern after seeing your friend, did you still have the wafers?  Were they in a pouch or something and you just didn’t notice them gone?  If so was the pouch taken?  There are lots of simple pickpockets in the city and it was probably a simple mistake.

===========================================================
Delemele
———————————————————–
Delemele responded very simply, “They were in a pouch inside my satchel. I did not notice them gone until I reached the fields. I rushed back to the Gatehouse thinking they simply fell out, but could not find them anywhere. Now I just don’t know what to do. They could be anywhere in all the world now.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
This is very unfortunate.  I think the first thing we do is we go back to the place and we post a sign asking for the pouch to be left with barkeep.  We can word it so as the thief is likely to return it.  We can say that a reward of 5 gold for the pouch with the wafers inside and 10 if the wafers are still there as well.  We can ask to post it on the outside of the building so many can see it.  Vogh suggested to the woman.

===========================================================
Delemele
———————————————————–
“I had not even thought to do that. I asked around and no one knew anything. Certain, I can do that.” Delemele stood, wiping her eyes once more and even managed a bit of a hopeful smile thanks to the bardic intervention.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh was happy to help and even went with the young priestess.  Do you have the reward money?  Or would it be okay for us to give a donation?  Vogh asked.

===========================================================
Delemele
———————————————————–
“Why yes, I have 5 or 10 gold to pay of anyone is so kind as to return it.” She stood and led the way out of the Minstrel, hailing a carriage and entering first. Delemele paid the old man driving the team and took her seat facing the rear. Almost offhandedly she asked, “Have you ever encountered the haunting that gave the Ghostly Minstrel its name?”

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The carriage rumbled down Center Street then turned onto Turnback. I wonder why it’s called turn back? Finally the carriage turned onto the long North Gate Road. The road was straight as an arrow due north, passing over the King’s River just down from the Wings Falls.

Vogh had looked down from the short, but very high, bridge connecting oldtown and sleepy Rivergate to view those falls from above. She made a mental note to take Talin there sometime soon. Talin had never been to Rivergate and Vogh had only a handful of times. The merchant residences here were of wealthy Ptolus citizens. Merchants in both market districts dream of retiring to a nice quiet house in the Rivergate District, which shows not only that people idealize the area, but that most consider the Nobles’ Quarter forever out of their reach. They are, of course, correct.

As they neared the North Gate and their destination Vogh and Talin noticed very open areas beneath the Rivergate cliffs. It was odd to see such open space inside the packed city. Many wagons were stored at rest in this area and the beaten hard ground lacking grass alluded to high traffic. The smell of manure filtered in through the windows as the passed the large stables which housed the beasts of burden to move all those vehicles.

Finally they reached the Gatehouse Pub, directly across from the Rivergate road that wound up into the quiet district. Several well dressed men and women rode up and down the road. A few couples were even in open, two seat, Shay carriages. Wealthy, but not nobles.

The trio exited their large carriage and entered the Gatehouse Pub. It was a simple, one story building with another large area for parking and horses to the north. Little finery graced the interior, utility and longevity marked the fixtures. Many people were inside, eating, drinking and many looking at maps of the lands outside Ptolus. Most of these people made their living bringing goods to and from the big city.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When Delemele had mentioned the Haunting, Vogh said, no I don’t know about the Haunting.  Perhaps you could tell me about it on our ride.  Vogh listened to the story and in the end, Vogh was a little excited about the possibility to see the haunting some time.

When they arrived at the pub, Vogh dismounted and made her way inside.  The place was busy and that was good for business.  Vogh told Delemele to go ahead and head to the barkeep.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Delemele approached the barkeep – Wilsha Rarris an older human, woman who looked quite overworked – and told her the situation. Delemele did a good job keeping her emotions under control and simply explained what happened.

Wilsha called over each of her four helpers who were scurrying around, trying to keep up with the orders. None of them knew anything about the pouch, nor saw anyone take them.

Thankfully a handsome man with defined facial features and long hair approached the trio when they had taken a seat together. He introduced himself as Pir and said he saw the heist.

“I’m sorry I didn’t say anything before miss.” He addressed Delemele. “But I saw two dwarves steal from your bag. I believe they ran off toward Rivergate. I didn’t see much after they left and the door closed. So sorry for the trouble miss.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Excuse me Pir, might you have a description of what they look like for us?  It may be a long shot but it will give us a start, Vogh said to the man.

Once they attained the description and where he thought they might have gone, Vogh, Talin and Delemele went in that direction.  She didn’t know how they would find the dwarves but perhaps they would get lucky.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Vogh is polite in speaking with the man but something makes the hairs on the back of her neck tingle that something is wrong here.

Pir is very forthcoming with a quick description of the dwarves, which sounded like they could be any two dwarves in all of Ptolus.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh nor Talin could put their finger on what was off about this guy.  Was it a trick to get them to go somewhere for the guy or was it a trap?  They both were unsure.  I thank you for the description, but I am not sure it will help.  Sounds like many of the dwarves I have come across here in the city.  Nonetheless, we thank you for your information.

Once the man was away Vogh expressed her wariness towards the man.  He seemed off to me Talin, Vogh whispered so no one else could hear.  I am not sure if he was speaking the truth or it was only a half-truth.  We should be careful indeed.  Delemele, would you like to accompany us to find your items?

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin concurred with Vogh and kept his voice down in agreeing. Delemele was happy to accompany them with their kind offer of assistance. She wasn’t sure what to do next though.

“If no one has turned them in, and if these dwarves did indeed steal them, how on earth are we going to track the blessed wafers down?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh thought about it for a little bit and she remembered hearing of a spell that could locate things and though she hadn’t learned it yet, it was possible that Delemele could pray for it.

Delemele have you prayed for your spells today?  I am not sure if it is possible, but I know of a spell that may help.  If I remember correctly it is called locate object.

===========================================================
Delemele
———————————————————–
“I have miss, but even if I had not, that spell is beyond my power. All my prayers today were requested to focus on blessing the land and harvest. I’m sorry I cannot be of more help. I appreciate your assistance greatly, how else could I help?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh thought about it some more.  We can head to Rivergate and look around.  Maybe we get lucky with the note or we get lucky in Rivergate.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Seeming like a good idea as any the trio exited the Gatehouse Pub and headed right across the way to the climbing and winding road that led up the cliff and into the Rivergate district.

At the heart of Rivergate is an open plaza/park called Center Circle. This is the central point from which all major Rivergate streets radiate. In the center of the plaza is a rotunda for parties, festivals, and celebrations. Numerous benches surround the rotunda, allowing it to serve as a stage for amateur theater, oratories, or musical performances. When not in formal use, it is the demesne of playing children during the day and courting teenagers in the evening.
===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
From what Vogh knows is this area nice or not nice?

Before getting to the part of the city they were headed, Vogh asked if Delemele would walk with her and let Talin move off.  Talin will keep an eye on us, but be on the look-out for anyone watching us.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
It’s very nice. See post #486: link to a message in this game

Talin moved off to blend into the crowd. The midafternoon warmth had children running and playing about all over the Circle. Ample traffic of well dressed people, as well as obvious workers, came and exited the wealthy district.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
ooops sorry about that…

Vogh thought about the area for a little while they were walking.  The dwarves may have passed through here to go somewhere else, which seemed more logical.  But where would they head to she thought to herself?

21:42, Today: Vogh rolled 31 using 1d20+12.  knowledge local.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The two places which popped into Vogh’s mind first were the Three-Horned Goat and Finelle’s Pleasant Diversions.

Finelle’s was a gaming establishment that offered every form of entertainment imaginable. There was some gambling, but primarily games of chance like Ten Bobbers, Horseman (both are games with pieces moved on a grid board), Gempot, Seven Thrones, Sword and Helm, Riverside, and Kutch (a variety of games played with cards divided by suit and number). And there are more besides. Finelle was a lover of games and a wealthy, human widow.

Dulson Farber a human was the man who lived there. He doesn’t call his house “The Three-Horned Goat,” but tells people looking for him to “go to the sign with the three-horned goat.” Dulson works out of his home as a sage, and he’s perhaps one of the best known sages in the city. His knowledge covers primarily history, especially Ptolus history, but he remains well versed in magic lore and various religions, as well.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh looked over at Delemele and said, if the dwarves were so lucky as to have stolen your purse, perhaps they were able to nab a few others as well.  They might have taken the winnings to Finelle’s place.  It is a place of gaming and chance.  We might be lucky and find them there or perhaps they came in and someone might have seen them or know of them.

Vogh then pulled the arm to lead Delemele in the direction of the establishment.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Vogh took a second to reorient herself, having not visited this district for several years, then realized she actually passed Finelle’s on their way in. No matter, she headed south, guided by the smell of fresh coffee and pastries coming from the Sunflower Cafe.

After the Cafe she took a left and followed the curving street around to her destination. Finelle’s Pleasant Diversions was a two-story building, nicely decorated and well kept, with large rooms full of gaming tables and a few small private game rooms.

Gaming activities were just starting to kick off as evening started to fall. About half the tables had players. Most were humans, but there was a fair number of dwarves, halflings, gnomes and elves as well. Just like so much of Ptolus seemed.

Not long after the two ladies entered the establishment and looked around, a male gnome walked up to them. He was very handsomely dressed, and looked to be in his midyears.

“Good evening ladies. I don’t recognize you, so I believe you are not members yet, is that correct? I would love to have you game with us and a club membership costs a mere 10 gold pieces a year. That gives you access to our facility and all the games available.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had a quick look around the establishment before the gnome came to the both of them.  There were dwarves and others, so there may be a chance to garner some information.

Greetings Sir, is it okay if we just have a look first?  I wouldn’t want to just pay up without having a look around first.  Are you sure that a free evening wouldn’t give someone a good idea of what you have to offer?

Vogh smiled as she spoke hoping her charm might win the little gnome over.

09:33, Today: Vogh rolled 24 using 1d20+16.  diplomacy.

 

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
As Vogh and Delemele went into the building, Talin moved over to the far side of the street and found himself a spot that wouldn’t look conspicuous and sat and observed.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Sorry for the delay. Dang it. It wasn’t red anymore after I read what you wrote and I forgot. 🙁 🙁 🙁

The gnome happily agreed, telling the ladies his name was Merchael Finetooth and offering to visit with them about questions they might have. Merchael then left and went about other business throughout the establishment.

Vogh expertly applied her feminine wiles, whit and subtlety in asking around the building. It took her nearly a couple hours, but she basically found out nothing and ended very frustrated. Gaming was picking up and the crowd increasing which made any kind of small talk difficult with the noise level rising.

No one knew anything about dwarves stealing anywhere, any kind of wafers or any other information Vogh sought. She ended with no more information than she began with, and having received more propositions than she could count.

14:23, Today: Secret Roll: DM, on behalf of Vogh, rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  Gather Information.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
With her gathering techniques not bringing up any information, Vogh was a little discouraged that she would find anything here at all.  She was watching a game closely and what one of the patrons did lit a candle in her head.  Perhaps she could find a way to coax the information from someone.. more pointedly, a dwarf.

Vogh looked around to find a few dwarves in one area or playing the same game even and made her move.  Her and Delemele had split up inside the place so as to not bring attention to herself in her gathering and this would play into her next ruse.  Vogh cast a simple spell and altered her appearance so as not to look so much like herself.

Vogh moved over to the dwarves, acting a little more than drunk, and began talking to them.  She talked about adventure and wealth, she even jingled a pouch on her hip which only held coppers, but the dwarves didn’t know.  Vogh said, I just made a big haul off a job that fattened my pouch quite a bit.  Between you and me though, it wasn’t on the up and up.  Vogh slurred a lot of her words as she spoke to make the ruse believable.  She continued, I lost a couple of dwarven companions on the job, can’t seem to find them.  They ran off with some things of mine while I was celebrating at The Ghostly Minstrel.

Taking 10 gives her 24 for bluff.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Vogh’s impersonation and bluff were spot on, but everyone she encountered only seemed interested in winning coin from someone unable to make good decisions due to the drink. No one tried to swipe her purse or anything else while they moved around. Disgusted with her lack of success the young woman gathered up Delemele and exited the building.

Night had fully fallen and only scattered lights illuminated the cloudy night. Vogh looked about for Talin, knowing he would be hidden somewhere close by. She heard the whistle of an arrow and ducked instinctively. The missile struck Delemele in the gut and stopped with the woman’s grunt. Vogh hollered for Talin who was already moving toward them, sword in hand. She saw a man standing atop the building across from where they stood, bow in hand and getting ready to fire another arrow at the trio. Talin must have been standing just under the man’s hiding position, unable to see their attacker.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Talin stay back!  Vogh called to Talin as she pulled hard on Delemele’s hand to pull her back inside the building.  She called for help as she entered the building.

Before anyone came Vogh pulled out the arrow and cast one of her healing spells.

Cast http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureLightWounds.htm
14:13, Today: Vogh rolled 10 using 1d8+5  CLW.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had begun to run after Vogh but stopped in his tracks when she said stay back.  He immediately knew why as he thought the only place he hadn’t seen was above him.  That must be where the arrow came from.  Talin moved a little to the side and tried to peek up where the person might be as he listened for footfalls.

14:16, Today: Talin rolled 20 using 1d20+1.  listen.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
It was easy for Talin to pinpoint the would be assassin atop the roof. The Bard was nearly immediately beneath the attacker. He cursed himself for missing the stealthy person perched above him, and steeled himself to do something about it. Footsteps pounded above as the archer fled.

Vogh saved Delemele’s life by dragging her back into the gaming room and acting quickly with her magic. The priestess was gravely wounded then safe and healed in a matter of seconds. She sat and shook from the shock of the experience.

All chatter in the room ceased and no dice dropped as people gathered around the woman,  bloody arrow laying aside. Multiple people asked if they were alright but Vogh had no time for that.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin tracked the movement of the would-be assassin as it fled.

Vogh, done with her healing, got up and as she exited the building saying, Delemele we will try and see whom that was.  Then Vogh was out into the night.  She looked up to see if she could see the assassin and if not if she could see where Talin went.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin could make out the attacker’s footsteps and was rushing along on the ground below, cutting in between buildings trying to keep up. Vogh caught sight of him and sprinted after him.

What’s your plan? Get on the roof? Attack from below?

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin keeps following the assassin weaving through the buildings.

Vogh having seen Talin heads to the building the assassin shot from and climbs up.

21:43, Today: Vogh rolled 27 using 1d20+7.  climb.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Vogh made it onto the roof and was able to clearly see their attacker. Unfortunately in the time it took her to scale the building, he and Talin made it a good distance from her. But she also knew they were approaching Middle Street and Center Circle which would force the man back down to the ground.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh quickly followed after the man.  It would take her time to go back down again and take up the chase.

Talin just kept up the pace he was doing while keeping track of the assassin.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The archer reached Middle Street and didn’t even slow. He leapt from the top of the building and rolled out of the fall, sprinting across Center Circle, toward the road that would lead him down into the North Market where they just left.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
As Talin saw the man jump and break towards North Market, he continued his pursuit.  He turned on the gas though so he could catch up.

Talin double moves(60 feet).
Vogh now a bit behind as she saw the assassin jump had to sprint to get to the edge of the buildings as she neared the edge she just leaped.  When she hit the ground she rolled with the impact and used the momentum to keep going forward.

Vogh runs(120 feet)
16:37, Today: Vogh rolled 32 using 1d20+14.  tumble.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The duo were pacing the man, but not gaining ground. Vogh was a bit behind Talin as she expertly landed her roll (2 below max. nice. 😀 ) and chased with him across the circle toward the lower part of the city.

The man was in full flight, running as hard as he could to flee them.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh wishes she had been farther behind cause she would have gone a different direction seeing the assassin was heading in the direction he was.  She was committed to her route now.  She had one more thing she could do though and so she quickly pulled out some licorice root and incanted a few words.  She then became infused with greater speed and so did Talon who wasn’t too far ahead of her at this time.

Cast http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm

Now with their speeds double what they were, hopefully, they would catch the assassin.

Talin continues on as the spell overtakes him.  His feet feel lighter and his pace quickens.

Talin and Vogh now run at 240.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
After Vogh’s spell, it only took moments for the bard duo to catch up to the fleeing archer. Vogh passed him and turned to confront. She got her first good look at their attack, a male shoal elf dressed in studded leather armor with a short sword strapped to one hip and several daggers on the other.

Vogh and Talin automatically have initiative before the elf

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
While moving towards the assassin, Vogh began to sing loud enough for Talin to hear.  It bolstered him and would aid him in the possible upcoming battle.  She drew out her blade once her song caught the air.

In a few moments she moved past the assassin to his right and after about 30 paces she stopped and turned to face him.  You will stop or you will die.  Vogh said as her blade wove back in forth in front of her as it took up the song she had sung.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin moved along quickly and watched as Vogh sped by him to his right.  Talin likewise had taken out his blade as he closed in and when Vogh stopped, Talin called out from just behind the assassin.  Drop your weapons or we will do as the woman stated.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
He sized up both the bards, taking special note of their strange, clear swords and wisely raised his hands away from all the weapons at his belt.

Talin took a step toward the man and made the most hateful and fearsome face Vogh had ever seen. It sent chills down her spine even. He spoke in a soft voice and the elf veritably trembled in fear. He couldn’t spill his guts fast enough. (32?! Wow!!!)

Thord Questin, an ex-cleric of Melann hired him to steal the wafers in the box; he gave them to Thord when he was done. He said Thord was hiding in nearby Deaven Park. The elf was so scared of the duo he even shakily unbuckled a silver and opal necklace from around his throat and offered to barter it for them letting him go freely.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh wondered what it was that Talin had said to the elf.  It must have been quite the threat and she made a mental note to ask him about it later, for now, though it worked whatever it was he said.

Vogh thinks about where Deaven Park’s is located.  Before continuing to ask questions.  While Talin is watching the assassin, Vogh takes all of the gear and any other items off of the moved to disarm the elf.  Now, you will accompany us back to the place you shot Delemele.  I want to make sure she is okay.  After that, we will figure out what we do with you.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The elf tensed and dropped his hands to his weapons at both sides. “I told you where he could find him. I’m offering you a very expensive item to let me go. I walk free now…”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh didn’t like the tone of the elf.  How could she just let this would be assassin go?  She was more than ready for a fight if need be and they had the assassin flanked.  That is not an option, Vogh said and before the elf was able to pull his blade or daggers she lunged her blade forward and across at the man’s arms as he reached for the blades.

21:31, Today: Vogh rolled 26,15 using d20+16,d8+14.  attack assassin

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin didn’t think the man had it in him to go against what Vogh said.  When the elf moved his hands to his weapons, that was enough for Vogh to teach him a lesson.  Her blade came across and slashed at his arm.  Talin had his blade ready to strike if the assassin made a move.

21:33, Today: Talin rolled 33,22 using d20+15,d8+14.  ready attack if man draws weapons.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Vogh opened up the man’s chest and he fell screaming. “HELP! HELP! THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!!!” He curled into a ball on the street and several people around yelled at the bloody sight in the middle of the street. Many people took up the call screaming for the city watch to come immediately.

Vogh immediately knew the man was mortally wounded.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
When Vogh’s blade opened the man’s chest, Talin was worried the man would die.  As the man began screaming for help he bent low and placed a hand on the man’s chest and said a prayer of healing.

21:54, Today: Talin rolled 11 using 1d8+4.  CLW.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
In reply to Talin (msg # 529):

Several people approached, asking what was going on… One man said the guard was on their way.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh scoffed at the man as he screamed for help.  He just tried to kill a priest….

This man just tried to assassinate a priest.  He was about to try and draw his blades to kill us.  Apparently, he has quite a story as well.

16:10, Today: DM rolled 35,18 using 1d20+18,1d20+16.  Diplomacy T/V.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Talin backed up her story and the people relaxed. Talin healed the man and immediately the crowd relaxed. Talin took the opportunity to help Vogh relieve the elf of all his weapons, his pouch of gold and the expensive looking necklace. Then Talin took his time and bound the man’s hands behind his back, and healed the remainder of his wounds after he was was fully contained.

In that amount of time a contingent of Ptolus guards showed up.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh made sure the assassin was in just his tunic and breaches once the guard came.  All the items were put inside her pack which magically held the lot of it.  When the guard came, Vogh greeted them with a smile.  Greetings, my name is Vogh Of House Kath.  This man tried to murder a priestess and us as well.  We have proof of this deed at Finelle’s where the priestess is now recovering from her wounds. 

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
The leader of the guard looked over the bound elf and the duo. “House Kath you said? Misstress Vogh, would you lead us to Finelle’s so we can speak with this priestess?”

Vogh agreed, and Talin held the rope binding the elf’s hands behind his back, guiding him behind his lady. The six Watchmen followed the trio to Finelle’s where Delemele was anxiously waiting.

The guard captain spoke with her. She explained how the man on the roof had attacked her, and would have died had Vogh not saved her life. then Delemele explained she was a priestess of Melann and about the theft at the Gatehouse Pub.

“I’m more than satisfied your actions were justified and heroic Miss Vogh. We can take this filth to the Watchhouse for you.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh smiled to the city watchman who spoke to her and asked to take the man to the watchhouse.  Yes, please take the man away.  We appreciate your help in this matter.

Once things calmed down a bit, Vogh looked to Delemele and said, we have a location of the person whom the man said is Thord Questin, an ex-cleric of Melann hired him to steal the wafers in the box.  Are you feeling up to finding this man and your wafers?

WHat all did the assassin have on him that I took away?  He was in just a shirt and pants.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
posted in loot thread

The Watch took the elf outside and swapped his rope bindings for metal shackles then took him away.

“Thord? He was of my order! He was just excommunicated from the service of Melann. I discovered he was stealing from church donations. Thord lost all clerical abilities and all respect from everyone in our order. You’re telling me he’s behind this?!” The priestess was beside herself, flustered.

“Yes. Yes, if you know where he is, let’s go at once!”

The trio exited the gaming establishment and headed out of Rivergate.

Deaven Park was a flower-filled park, ironically located just across the street from the Gatehouse Pub. The park was very small, and the only place anyone could be hiding was in the old gardener’s shed.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As Vogh neared the park she thought about a surprise attack.  Delemele, I think you should stay back until we deal with this man.  He may be waiting for the assassin and be on the lookout.  If he sees you then he may run before we can get him.

Vogh turns to Talin once more and says, I am not sure what he is capable of doing, but we need to act fast and fierce.  Though I think a diversion may help us.  Let’s walk arm in arm and you can sing me a lovely tune.  We can be lovers on a stroll to the park.  We can then get close and spring the trap on the shed.

So the plan is to walk arm in arm up to the park.  Talin will sing a lovely tune and we will get close to the shed and once close enough we will draw blades and rush the shed.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Oooh!!! clever girl (insert picture of Jurassic Park raptor). You get bonus points for creativity and good thought. Had you taken her in with you it would have been much different. Nice job 😀

The duo acted the part of a doting couple until their swords left sheaths and talin ripped open the small shed’s door.

Inside sat a dwarf with an angry scowl across his face. He stood and stepped out, then made a break for it.

He has Sanctuary cast so you each must beat a DC 15 to attack him.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
I figured if he was looking out for the assassin he would see her and probably run before we are able to do anything.  Thanks!!

As Talin opens the door, the dwarf steps out as if he will surrender, instead he tries to bolt away and Vogh was ready for it.  She slashes low hoping to clip the dwarf in the legs to prevent him from running farther.

23:47, Today: Vogh rolled 28,21 using d20+15,d8+14.  slash at thord.

23:29, Today: Talin rolled 11 using 1d20+8.  Will save.

23:29, Today: Vogh rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Will save.

Talin is only able to get in the way of the man, something is keeping him from being able to attack the man though.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Oh my word you’ve got to start doing subdual damage or pulling your punches. You almost killed him with that damage roll! haha. Instead of you cutting him balls to brain I’m going to adjust a bit. 🙂

Vogh felt a force try to restrict her, but she focused on the short, stocky legs churning to carry the traitorous dwarf away. She let anger rise in her like a red hammer that smashed the restrictions.

Her sword expertly caught one of the dwarf’s ankles, stopping his leg in a vicious jolt. Vogh perfectly raised her blade forcing the already off balance dwarf to pitch forward and land face first on the cobble path. Thord groaned and put his hands down to push himself up, only to freeze in place when he felt a cold blade laid across his neck, and a foot on his back.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
I know, I forgot about the -4 to attack for subduel, hehehehe

With the dwarf flat on the ground and Talin’s foot on his back, Vogh took his arms and tied them behind his back.  She also put a gag in his mouth so he couldn’t say anything or cast a spell which she knew he could.

You will be charged with the crime of attempted murder Thord.  Delemele, come on over here.  If Thord has the box, Vogh will give it to Delemele, if not she tells Delemele to check the shed.

Once Thord is tied and his wound wrapped to stop the bleeding, Vogh takes away all his belongings as well.  He won’t have any use for it where he is going.  She puts it in her sack and then the trio head to the watchtower.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Stuff posted in loot thread. Quick little adventure is alright, right? 🙂

Thord went along and confessed to the captain at the Watchhouse. The man looked bored as he processed the prisoner and collected statements from Delemele and the bards.

Delemele thanked them profusely. “I cant thank you enough. Unfortunately I am not a wealthy woman so I have no coin to reward you. However, visit me at the temple of Melann anytime and I’ll assist you with any blessing I’m able. I need to head to the fields immediately and perform the ritual. Thank you again so much! By Melann you’ve saved me and likely the harvest from disaster.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Totally fine with short missions.  They may, in turn, become something else in the future.

Thank you so much Delemele, I am glad we were able to help you and perhaps even the whole city.  If the harvest went bad, it could cause a panic in the city.  Please be well and we will definitely come see you sometime.

With that Talin and Vogh left the watchtower and Delemele.  Vogh turned to Talin and said, I think we should hurry back to the Minstrel.  This took a little longer than I thought it would and I missed my training time with the lad from the shop.  We can go there after figuring out what the items are we just garnered from the two thieves.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“It’s getting late, where are we going to go to get things figured out? Also, isn’t there some way we could do this ourselves?”

OOC: Can’t bards cast Identify? http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/identify.htm

I just realized, are Bards like Sorcerers where they only know certain spells and they don’t prepare them from a book at all? So you have to pick spells and then you cannot change them until the next level?

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh looked at Talin with a smile on her face.  He was cute when he couldn’t remember what was what.  He must be tired…

Sweetie, unless you learned in your training to be able to identify magic items you will not be able to now.  Course that doesn’t mean you can’t later on though.  As long as we are together we might want to figure out how to make our spells compliment each other.  From what I have seen, we share a lot of the same. (They are pretty much the same, I didn’t think about that ahead of time.  If allowed I may make a 1 time change).  We can figure out which of this stuff is magical though and tell what type of magic it holds.  I think for sure though we should keep the bow and arrows so we have some ability to hit at range.  Other than that we can just go to the shop across the way from The Minstrel and sell the wares.

With that Vogh casts http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
One potion showed transmutation and the other conjuration. The studded leather armor and heavy mace were both weekly enchanted.

Unfortunately all the shops in the Delver’s Square were closed due to the late hour.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
The pair went to their rooms with their gear and fell asleep quite tired.

Next day they rise early and get a quick bite to eat before heading over to Rastor’s and the other shops.