Back to Chapter 6 : Part 1 | Next to Chapter 6 : Lair of Dreams : Part 3

===========================================================

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
13:34, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 15 using 1d20+7. Roll Initiative.

EDIT: 18:37, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 21 using 1d20+6. Reflex Save.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Looking for the kitchen, Bharash heads upstairs with the others in tow, only to be interrupted by the wash of flame across the right-hand side of his body (he turns away and shields his head with his shoulder, allowing most of the force to simply slip around him) before he completes the turn to reflexively slap the incoming blade away with one gauntleted hand, growling “I’m starting to lose my chill about all of this.” to the rest of the group “Anyone know where this is coming from?”

15:21, Today: Bharash rolled 19 using 1d20+7. Reflex save.
15:22, Today: Bharash rolled 23 using 1d20+10. Initiative.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia didn’t see the pea coming down the stairwell but she felt the burning pain as it exploded amongst her friends. Thankfully she was able to duck enough that most the flame shot over her head singing her hair slightly on the ends.

08:57, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 15 using 1d20+6. reflex save.

08:56, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 8 using 1d20+3. initiative.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh saw the pea come floating in and explode. She ducked tight against the stairwell wall hoping to avoid a majority of the blast. It was then she sensed two figures not far away. Vogh called out, there are two people behind the wall Belie. Though Vogh could see that Belie and Bharash were even now in combat with magical blades.

22:46, Yesterday: Vogh rolled 19 using 1d20+8. Ref save.
22:44, Yesterday: Vogh rolled 17 using 1d20+7. Initiative.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin didn’t get hit with the fireball directly with the others further up the stairs, but he still felt the bite of the flame on his exposed skin. Push forward up the stairs he called out. He drew his blade and rushed past Julia to aid Bharash and Belie.

22:45, Yesterday: Talin rolled 29 using 1d20+10. Ref save.
22:44, Yesterday: Talin rolled 27 using 1d20+7. initiative.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Belie, hearing Vogh, tried to back pedal away from the floating dagger then bound forward. Unfortunately the loose wood beneath this feat slipped and he was nearly taken from his feet by the movement. Thankfully he slammed himself against the wall, which was the only thing that prevented him from falling to the floor.

Rolled a 1 on Acrobatics to tumble away and around the dagger… wow…

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
OOC: Okay, this action is based on the idea that the fireball came out of the right-hand wall (#238) and that Vogh is indicating the right-hand wall when talking about two people being there (#242).

The fact that there are several places in the structure where the interior walls have bloody great holes in them is an attestation to the relatively poor build quality of the tenement (which almost certainly has a solid exterior structure and then just plaster and wood inside), so the detonation of a fireball in the corridor is the sort of thing that’ll won’t do any good at all to the nearby structure.

Especially when a moment later, Bharash chooses to completely ignore the floating magical knife trying to stab him in order to hurl his entire three-hundred-pound-plus mass at the right-hand wall with a low roar, looking to punch a hole in it that he can step through before explaining to the folks on the other side of it why he is very unhappy with their conduct.

Wooden walls have hardness 5 and 60 hit points. Per six inches and per ten foot section. This one’s probably not more than one or two inches thick and someone just detonated a bomb next to it. Up to you if Bharash gets to act on the other side. If so, it’ll likely be by grabbing the most spellcaster-y looking one and lifting them off their feet, preparatory to bouncing them off the nearest surface a few times until he feels he has appropriately expressed his displeasure. ^_^

[Private to GM: 15:27, Today: Bharash rolled 15 using 1d20. Acrobatics.
I can definitely act if I arrive on the other side (post move-action).
15:26, Today: Bharash rolled 5 using 1d20. Strength check.
That’s only 13 to smash, but the wall’s already taken fire damage and probably isn’t six inches of solid hardwood, so the DC ought to be about that.
On the other hand, I don’t mind trading my action on the far side for success smashing the wall, so I’ll happily take a second bash at it to get through. ^_^
]

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh begins her music while moving to the top of the stairs with her weapons drawn ready to do battle. She had seen Bharash rush the wall and blast through it taking a more unconventional route to get to the enemy on the other side. She was happy he was on their side.

Upon seeing the Ghostly figure in the room Vogh called to Julia, Julia it looks like there is some undead in the room Bharash just broke through. Want to take care of it?

Inspire courage +5 for all.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash’s bulk, speed and inhuman strength allow him to turn the wall, into kindling. Immediately to his right a man was turning to meet his charge. Just across from Bharash’s left side the warrior saw a ghostly creature which was little more than a dark shape and had two flickering pinpoints of light where its eyes should have been. Then, standing on the opposite side of a commode, was yet another man.

The first wore fantastic looking full-plate armor, held a heavy steel shield in one hand and a beautiful morningstar. A coiled viper amulet hung around his neck, same as the other man. The second was less well armored, but still wore a fin chain shirt, had a wand in one hand, and was pointing a crossbow Bharash’s way.

Despite all the smashed furniture, the very recently dead body caught Bharash’s attention as well, as did the blood splattered upon the two men before him. It was obvious to the warrior that he did not completely surprise these men, meaning they must have been watching him as he charged the wall.

Still, he had a moment to act upon their shock that he choose to smash through the wall, rather than open the door like any normal person.

( You did it big guy. Swing away Merrill! 😀 )

p.s. Those schooled in such matters would know the undead to be a wraith

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

One of the key skills in a combat environment is the tracking and targeting of the enemy… In many respects, it’s more important than just being able to hit things quite well, which is why the first thing Bharash does as he slams through the interior wall is to look about, eyes narrowed.

Undead thing, armoured bastard and… There! Bitch with wand!

The big Dragonborn – shedding fragments of plaster and pieces of shattered wood plunges part the armoured warrior and heads straight for the figure with the wand, growling “I sure hope that wand retains its value after we recover it from where I’m going to stick it!” as he reaches up with every intention of taking the fellows head entirely in his hand, prior to taking direct and personal control of the poor chaps next series of actions.

01:36, Today: Bharash rolled 5 using 1d20. C’mere!

Which is, I think still 28 versus his CMD. Not especially great. He doesn’t get an AoO unless he can make one with the crossbow or wand though.

18:52, Today: Bharash rolled 7 using 1d20. Perception.

21 on Perception.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
I’ll act for the undead and the other cleric while we’re waiting on Bharash. Everyone may act now.

Each of the spiritual daggers stabbed out, one at Belie and one at Talin. Both of the experienced warriors were able to parry the weapons and avoid harm.

The heavily armored cleric raised his morningstar high as he rushed Bharash’s back. The spiked head of his magical weapon smashed into the dragonborn (10 dmg) causing him some pain.

Meanwhile the nasty undead floated through the wall to deal with the two men on the platform. (Narrator GM rolled 1 using 1d2. 1 Talin 2 Belie.) It’s glowing red eyes of hate met the man’s own as it slashed out with nasty claws.

Wraith rolled 26,2,4 using 1d20+6,1d6,1d6 ((20,2,4)).
Possible crit. 2 Negative Energy, 4 Con Drain (if failed check)
DC 17 Fortitude save or take Constitution drain

Crit confirm: 15,3,3 using 1d20+6,1d6,1d6 ((9,3,3)).

@Tail, does a 15 hit you based on this: “An incorporeal creature’s attacks pass through (ignore) natural armor, armor, and shields, although deflection bonuses and force effects (such as mage armor) work normally against it”

@Everyone roll a listen check

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia came rushing up the stairs at Vogh’s beckoning. When she got to the top of the stairs she saw the man-made hole in the wall and then the to Talin as the undead attacked him. Julia said a prayer and let loose a channelling of positive energy which focused all on the undead creature before her.

Foul creature return to the land of the dead!

09:33, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 44 using 10d6, Channel positive energy.
09:27, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 17 using 1d20+12. Perception check

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had parried the floating blade back and was preoccupied when the undead thing came through the wall and scratched him with its claws. Talin felt the negative energy hit him causing a shiver but Talin shrugged off the draining power of the creature.

Talin moved 5 ft to make some room and struck out with Solarsong. The blade glowed bright as the blade connected with the undead creature.

13:46, Today: Talin rolled 28 using 1d20+14, Perception check
13:21, Today: Talin rolled 32,31,27,25 using D20+25,4d6+19,d20+20,4d6+20. Attack. 13:13, Today: Talin rolled 23 using 1d20+6. Fort save

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh blanched at the sight of the wraith and recomposed herself and moved to strike at the undead creature. Belie help Bharash! Vogh called out then struck the wraith with Serenity.


13:52, Today: Vogh rolled 17 using 1d20+16. Perception check .
13:51, Today: Vogh rolled 16,25,22,27 using D20+14,d8+20,d20+14,d8+20. Ghost touch weapon.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon was glad he could finally act but Wraiths were bad news. He looked up the stairs near Talin and caught a glimpse of the Wraith.

08:39, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 32 using 1d20+18. Knowledge (Religion) Monster Lore – Wraith. If my comments state something I shouldn’t know just edit it out 🙂

“Nasty business Wraiths are. We must be careful. If a wraith fully drains you then you will rise as a Wraith yourself in short order. They are largely intangible creatures, thus many weapons they can ignore. Summoning animals will not be useful here due to the unnatural aura these creatures possess. Sunlight can paralyze them though, Magic is the preferred method, they are resistant to turning as well, not impossible but difficult,” he informed the others.

He raised his hand and then his fingers flickered as 5 bolts of magical force flew from his hand into the Wraith.

08:55, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 17 using 5d4+5. Magic Missile on Wraith (all 5 bolts on the same one).

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Everyone’s combined efforts laid waste to the nasty undead, fading it away into final death.

The spiritual weapon which was focused on Belie shifted and slashed at Deacon. (What’s your AC? Pretty sure he hit)

The second magical weapon followed Bharash and stabbed at the big man currently trying to crush its caster’s head, while the man struggled against the powerful warrior. A crossbow dart shot out, but shattered against Bharash’s magical armor. Unfortunate for the man, he could not break free.

Bharash felt the floor tremmor a bit as the cleric behind him closed the distance and smacked the fighter good with a blow from his morning star. (11 dmg, failed the crit check)

A few of the group (those with over 20 perceptions) heard the faint crying of a child from one of the other rooms. When Vogh streched out her mind she also sensed another person just through the wall hole they could all see. She noticed a wand peek out from the corner as well, then another pea of fire raced toward the five friends at the top of the stairs. Another fireball exploded.

Fire ball. 17 dmg. DC 14 for half.

Belie flew forward, tucking and rolling and coming away from the fireball unscathed as he rushed into the room and to Bharash’s aid, as if he needed any. (Belie rolled 24 ref. save) The expert’s rapier found a crease in the surprised man’s armor and Belie stabbed hard into his flesh. (Crit Hit! Belie rolled 33,6 using 1d20+14,1d6+4 ((19,2)). Crit confirm rolled 28,10 using 1d20+14,1d6+4 ((14,6)). Total of 16dmg)

Top of Round

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin saw the wand poke back out of the room where he heard the cry and called out, Another fireball coming in spread out! Then Talin ran over to the opening even as the pea exploded once more. Thankfully he managed to escape most of the damage.

21:11, Today: Talin rolled 20 using 1d20+10.

Don’t think I can attack whatever has the wand so just getting into position.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh sensed the figure in the other room and turned that way at the faint crying of the child. In that instant she too followed Talin to the door, running from where the pea exploded. Vogh too didn’t get the full brunt of the fireblast and came right to the doorway.

21:10, Today: Vogh rolled 17 using 1d20+10. reflex save.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon takes a 5′ step back and then casts Dispel Magic on the Spiritual Weapon without a word.

OOC
I have AC 20 as I have Mage Armor II in effect

16:21, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 23 using 1d20+6. Reflex Save. How much did last fireball do

16:34, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 29 using 1d20+11. Dispel Magic vs Spiritual Weapon.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Patience boy, I’ll have time for you in a minute.” Bharash states over his shoulder at the man who just bounced a spiked mace off his shoulder-plate… Which is a piece of grandstanding that costs him the opportunity to secure his hold on the desperately wriggling crossbowman he’s grappled, giving him a moment to wriggle free!

Natural ‘1’ on the attempt to maintain grapple/pin. Which is an automatic fail, ending the grapple. Grrr.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
With Deacon having dispelled the floating blade, Julia moved up to the door. She had moved entirely too slow to dodge the fireball as it exploded this time and got severely burned. It pained her to even move forward but she wanted to make sure that if her friends needed help, that she was there for them.

Failed my save

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh and Talin made it to the natural opening, two cats skittering out of their way in the hall, a trio more fleeing to corners as the wand wielding human ran away. A small man, he wore the simplest of robes, with a simple dagger on a rope belt and he fled into the next room as they approached. Yet again, through the opening he shot a pea of fire at the bards while screaming, “HELP!”

Narrator GM rolled 22 using 5d6. Fireball DC 14 for half

Bharash and Belie had the two clerics to deal with. The wiggly one had more dexterity than Bharash expected. His spiritual weapon stabbed out at the dragon-warrior, but merely clipped against armored plates. Having escaped, the cleric dropped the small crossbow and staggered back away from Bharash to utter a prayer. (Hold Person: DC 14 Will Save Bharash)

Belie swung to follow the man’s movement who held the mace and had attacked Bharash. Unfortunately he felt his body slow and finally he was frozen in place as magic washed over him. (Belie rolled 10 using 1d20+3. Will Save DC 16. Failed. He’s Held)

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Like Belie before him, Bharash is struck by the spell of paralysis and briefly outlined in a flicker of radiant energy that seems to soon into his limbs, slowing him to a dead stop and leaving him frozen for all of a second, a second and a half…

…long enough to reassure the cleric who cast it… Before he growls a soft, threatening “Boo.” and lunges again, this time trying to flat-out slam the man into the wall before grabbing him again.

14:06, Today: Bharash rolled 22 using 1d20+3. Will save.
14:11, Today: Bharash rolled 6 using 1d20. Grapple!
If the last one got him, this one will too and he’s still not armed, so no AoO. And Bharash only needed to 5′ step, so none there either.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia saw both men move back and cast spells. Julia could tell that Belie was in danger as he wasn’t moving anymore so Julia cast a spell at the man who just cast a spell at Belie and then moved into the corner of the room.

20:21, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 25 using 1d20+16. Spellcraft to ID the spell cast on Bharash and Belie.

20:20, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 15,17 using d20+13,4d6. Touch AC15 for 17 non-lethal damage.

20:18, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 25 using 1d20+7. reflex save.

22:53, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 31 using 8d6. Forgot 2 more rays of damage.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon pauses a moment. He had spells that could fall their foes but his friends were always in the way and he wasn’t sure they could shrug off a cone of cold or lightning bolt if he chose to use the staff. Nor with all of them bunched up did he trust his ability to aim without hitting them. It was an area perhps he should look to improve his ability to fire into a crowd.

These fireballs were a concern though now they were a bit more spread out. He decided to use the power of the staff and becomes invisible. He then moves towards where he sees two cats to see if he might can find the wand wielder.

OOC:

Arcane Pool: 6
Staff has 9 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Invisibility

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh once more dodged away from the incoming fireball. Talin let’s get that wand toting maniac. Vogh then ran into the room trying to corner the little guy.

08:15, Today: Vogh rolled 24 using 1d20+10. reflex save.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin too dodged away from the fireball by rushing into the room after the fleeing wand wielder. He took the north route as Vogh took a more direct route. Talin could see that there were two more doors in this room, one to the north behind him and one to the south. If the little man tried to run this time he wouldn’t get far as the door was closed.

08:15, Today: Talin rolled 29 using 1d20+10. reflex save.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The small, wand wielding young man yelped as the bards rushed him, he backpeddaled then threw himself over and behind a dresser. There he cowered and yelled for help once more. Talin & Vogh realized who he was yelling for as two more of the hulking monstrocities they faced below barreled out of the door behind them. These two were even bigger than the ones downstairs and seemed to work well together as they slashed and stabbed bone claws at the duo.

Narrator GM rolled 22,10 Talin 29,6 Vogh
Roll Fort Save DC 16

Screaming as Bharash smashed him into the wall, the cleric’s floating dagger stabs at Bharash like a mosquito might bother an armadillo, but the group was in for a nasty surprise. The morningstar wielding cleric saw Julie’s spell wash over Belie and narrowed his eyes. Twice he stamped his foot on the ground, shaking the floorboards as the jumped onto the stone privy, then they were all falling.

Bharash, Julia, Belie and the other cleric all felt the floor collapse beneath them. Belie, having just been unfrozen from the spell flailed as he fell, but very slowly as the magic of one of his rings kicked in. He softly touched down only to realize with horror that the statue they were inspecting was indeed NOT only a statue!

The stone woman had clearly been holding up the false floor, which in his hurry Belie had missed upon charging in to aid Bharash. Boards littered the floor all around them from where the floor collapsed. Now she held a stone longsword and was swinging it toward his head. Thankfully the rogue ducked the blow and dodged to one side.

Reflex Save DC 20 to not take 1d6 dmg = 4

Bharash, make another grapple attempt to keep hold of your guy. If you fail, please write it that he runs away from you, take AOO against AC 20.

The mace wielder is still on the 2nd story, standing on the privy thing that’s anchored to the wall.

The area highlighted in red is the 1st floor where the group fell down. So looking through the broken wall in the room with the cats, or where Deacon is, actually drops to the lower floor. Bharash, Belie and Julia are all in different rooms. I’ve put links to both maps below so you can see where you want to go.

1st Floor:https://ptol.us/wp-content/upl…ssolution-scaled.jpg

2nd Floor: https://ptol.us/wp-content/upl…ssolution-scaled.jpg

[Private to GM: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…cts/caryatid-column/]

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon had not heard the stomping, nor the collapse of the floor behind his position. Positioned as he was heading towards the door he had not yet noticed the collapse that had taken Julia, Bharash and Belie to the floor below. He had not heard the gasp of Vogh or Talin either. Still not finding the wand wielder he moved towards the door and opened it still invisible to see what might be beyond this door.

OOC:

Move Action move 20′
Standard Action open door

 

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Deacon noticed the door to his left was open and could see at least one of the strange creatures battling Vogh and Talin. He also noticed a crying child curled up with his knees tucked against his chest. The child had tears streaking his face and looked at Deacon with alarm. (forgot you were invisible)

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin heard the door open behind him open and two large insectoid things step through the door. Each one attacked Talin and Vogh independently but Talin knew his and Vogh’s tactics would be to hit one till it was dead. So Talin struck the one closest to Vogh, the one that had managed to get past her defenses. His Holy blade tore into chitinous armor with ease on the first strike but not the next.

20:19, Today: Talin rolled 35,24,18,26 using d20+22,2d6+17,d20+17,2d6+17.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh was torn between going after the wand wielder and the new foe that just hit her, but as Talin hit the insectoid she too would do the same. We need to kill these bugs quick before that wand wielder gets away or better yet blasts us with more fireballs. Vogh said between breaths to Talin.

20:27, Today: Vogh rolled 33,23,21,21,27,21 using d20+14,d8+20,d20+14,d8+20,d20+9,d8+20.
20:29, Today: Vogh rolled 25,26,26,27 using d20+14,d8+20,d20+9,d8+20. crit checks.
AC33 crit check of 25 for 49, AC21 miss, AC27 crit check 26 for 48.
20:15, Today: Vogh rolled 24 using 1d20+8. fort save.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia didn’t know what the cleric was doing until the floor started to collapse below her feet. Thankfully, Julia landed with ease and as she looked up she still saw the cleric above. Quickly she cast her admonishing rays once more all three directed at the man once again.

20:44, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 22 using 1d20+7. reflex save.

20:42, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 13,12,31,11,14,19 using 1d20+11,4d6,1d20+16,4d6,1d20+16,4d6. touch attack.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Bharash, the blade bouncing off one of his pauldrons growls a deep-voiced and thoroughly satisfied “You’re nicked, sunshine!” as he triumphantly lifts the battered cleric up with one hand and starts to move him into position to bind his arms…

…which is when the floor under them both more or less explodes into tiny wooden shards, causing the Dragonborn to lose his grip as he swears and plunges down into the toilet below, the cleric crashing into – and through – the seat and Bharash himself slamming down in front of it, landing more or less on his feet and then staggering forwards, into the room with the enormous statue and his companion.

With a slightly shellshocked rumble of “I’d give it a minute, if I were you.” he closes the toilet door behind him, and draws his swords, lashing out with one of them at the things nearest leg.

You are F*ing kidding me…
18:47, Today: Bharash rolled 1 using 1d20. Going for a pin.

Bugger it, he just escapes. Bharash only gets an AoO if he’s armed (he’s not, except with a bite and he’s not going to bite the lad, he doesn’t know where he’s been), so as far as I’m concerned, since they’re in a small space, he can have fallen down the toilet.

Also, I have no idea which of the three maps is supposed to be the ground floor, or which level we’re now on. I only thought we went up one flight of steps and only went through one wall, which doesn’t match anything being described. Weirdly, the maps just make it all more confusing. ^_^

19:00, Today: Bharash rolled 6,6 using 1d20,1d12. Chop, chop.
One attack on the statue, 26 to hit, 18 damage.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

The stunned cleric shook his head and watched Bharash leave the small room they both landed inside. He made no move to leave as the big warrior walked out and shut the door behind him.

Whichever weapon you used to attack takes 12 points of damage (subtrack hardness)

Whenever a character strikes a caryatid column with a weapon (magical or nonmagical), the weapon takes 3d6 points of damage. Apply the weapon’s hardness normally. Weapons that take any amount of damage in excess of their hardness gain the broken condition.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Julia Graymantle

Above Julia noticed the heavily armed and armored cleric slump down as he succumbed to the blasts she sent up at him. Unfortunately for him, his limp body also didn’t remain on the privy platform. First his mace dropped, then his whole form slumped over and crashed to the floor below in the same room as Julia. (3 dmg falling)

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Talin and Vogh’s concentrated efforts quiclky eviscerated one of the beasts, pieces of the thing falling to the floor after being cleanly severed by magical blades. Teeth and claws come back at the bards in a flurry of blows from the remaining monster. A single claw got through Talin’s defenses (3 dmg) which hardly hurt the man, but its incredible strength didn’t withdraw and instead the brute clamped down hard on his shoulder. (Grapple attemped beat Talin’s CMD, your turn.)

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie, glad to have Bharash emerge to assist him against the big construct tumbled forward and behind the stone creature, opposite his friend. (Belie rolled 39 using 1d20+20 ((19)). tumble)

Unsure if he could even heart the thing with his pinpoint weapon, specialized in stabing vital organs the rogue sheathed his sword in the same sumersault and came up with his whip in hand. Out snapped his whip, wrapping around the stone sword in the rock lady’s hand, and ripping it from her grasp. ( Belie rolled 29 using 1d20+20. SoH to Disarm)

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia watches as the cleric she hit with her spell crashes to the floor in the room she is in. Knowing she may not have a lot of time Julia moves over to him and quickly grabs rope from her pack and bunds his hands behind his back. Julia also puts some parchment into his mouth so he can’t speak.

Move action to get rope and parchment from my pack.
Standard action to tie him up and put the parchment in his mouth.

21:06, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 22 using 1d20+15. Heal check if possible

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin was caught by surprise as the insect man hit his should and grabbed hold. It didn’t hurt much thanks to his armor but he didn’t know what the creature would do next.

Talin had already been swallowed before and he didn’t want to find out what this thing would do so he wriggled his hands to brace against the grip and extended his arms with all his strength.

21:08, Today: Talin rolled 26 using 1d20+11. Break grapple

Surprisingly, it worked and he was free. Kill that thing Vogh!

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh gasped as Talin was grabbed but then blew out a sigh of relief when he wriggled free of the things grasp. She stepped forward and swung her blades wildly hoping to chop it to pieces before it got in another attack.


21:15, Today: Vogh rolled 22,24,19,23,22,23 using D20+14,d8+20,d20+14,d8+20,d20+9,d8+20. Slash wildly at the insect

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

There’s an uncomfortable ‘thwonk’ sort of sound as Bharash’s blade slaps into the stone of the enemy, leaving him to curse and shake his sword-hand as he moves back, examining the blade’s edge before grunting “Yeah, that’s not going to buff out. Knew I should have shelled out for adamantine!” and squaring his shoulders then going to work, adjusting his grip to primarily land smashing blows with the back of his off-hand blade (preserving the edge) and reserving carving duties for his main weapon.

Over the course of several seconds of staggering speed and violence he unleashes a sequence of hammering blows, concentrating upon the things nearside leg, building his way up towards a resounding double-hack at the back of its knee where he uses his holy blade as a chisel and the other as a hammer to drive the first deeper before twisting.

Swords are Hardness 10, 5 hit points.
Every +1 of enchantment adds +2 & +10, respectively.
His main sword is +4 (+2 & a +2 enchantment) for Hardness 18, 45hp.
His off-hand sword is +2 for hardness 14, 25hp.

Okay! Main hand is slashing, off-hand is bludgeoning (makes no difference but flavour)

To hit, Confirm Damage, critical.
29 17
Miss None
33, 36 18, 54 if confirmed.
34, 29 16, 48 if confirmed.
27, 31 16, 48 if confirmed.
28, None 14

Neither sword takes any damage and no, Bharash is not biting it. ^_^

21:03, Today: Bharash rolled 82 using 6d20 with rolls of 9,1,18,19,17,18. Main hand, off hand, main hand, off hand, etc.
21:03, Today: Bharash rolled 27 using 6d8 with rolls of 5,6,6,4,4,2.
21:04, Today: Bharash rolled 45 using 4d20 with rolls of 17,10,17,1. Four critical confirmation rolls.
21:08, Today: Bharash rolled 13,15,13,9,3 using 3d6,3d6,3d6,3d6,3d6 with rolls of 3,4,6,3,6,6,4,3,6,2,5,2,1,1,1. Main, main, off, main, off.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
When the insectoid man fell finally, Talin turned and looked for the wand wielder. Is the door to the south still closed?

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh went for the child she knew was in the room where the insectoid men came from. At the same time she called out to Bharash and the others in their head, “Talin and I just killed two more insectoid men and I found a little girl alive.”

Then to Talin she said aloud, “I think the wand wielder went into the room to the south!”
Remember you can answer me, mentally.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon watched as the last of insect things fell. He did not see the wand wielder though and that was concerning. The child also seemed out of place. He had two theories. The child was an actual child and most likely the child of the two insect things, that is the childs parents had been metamorphosed into whatever those things were. The other possibility is that the child was a ruse, either an illusion or something that had altered it’s form to that of a child.

Deacon cast detect magic and examined the room for magical auras.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash ripped and smashed chunks of stone out of the stone woman as she reached for her stolen sword, but quickly the animated statue was nothing more than a pile of rubble at the feet of the dragon-man.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie stood wide-eyed at the warrior and just slowly rolled his whip back up to be hung on his belt.

“Glad I’m on your side sir…” He said with a smile on half his face.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Indeed Vogh & Talin had made insect-meat of the two creatures, but the wand wielder slipped away during the assault. However the woman’s mental abilities found him just on the other side of the door as she told Talin.

Vogh saw the child’s big, watery eyes stare back up at her as she approached it. Something washed over her as she met its gaze, a feeling of profound sadness and closness to the child maybe? But her mental training pushed it away.

Deacon’s gaze searched for magical auras but detected none in the room. The child wasn’t magically illusioned, nor did it have any magic about its person to his discernment.

[Private to Deacon Havenhold: However, Deacon did detect a bit of a charm enchantment emenate from the child’s eyes as Vogh approached it.]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
The removal of the statues leg brings it’s weight crashing down on that side – where it’s met by Bharash putting the entire mass of his body into an upwards cut that sees it’s head bouncing off the far wall after an impressively loud ‘crack’ noise.

Standing in the rubble, Bharash rolls his shoulders and then makes an unhappy noise about the state of his swords, running a thumb along each edge and remarking to Belie with a grin “Hey, I only really do one thing for you guys. I might as well do it well.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon’s voice rang out though still invisible, “Careful Vogh, they are capable of some sort of enchantment gaze I believe. Certainly an odd ability for one that seems so young but there are no illusions or transmutations on the child. Did you get the wand wielder?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh turned away from the child as Deacon spoke to her. Vogh felt some power compelling her from the child but it wasn’t strong enough to take control of her. Perhaps the child had taken control of the insect men which is why she wasn’t injured? “I know, I felt something trying to take hold of my mind but I beat it. As for the wand wielder, as I said in your head it went through the south door.” Vogh pointed through the door to the south where even now Talin was entering through the door.

Vogh closed her eyes then and picked up the child, “we need to put something over the head of the kid before we bring her to others.”

What in the world is this child?
08:45, Today: Vogh rolled 28 using 1d20+13. knowledge check.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin went for the south door as Vogh had said that is where she thinks the wand wielder went. He cast a spell of haste to increase his speed in case the man continued to run.

Cast haste

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Vogh

Vogh had her answer soon enough. When she picked up the child it lunged toward her with inhuman strength. Her eyes opened wide in horror as it’s mouth opened impossibly wide. Pain racked her body as the child literally inhaled flesh from her body. (7 dmg. Roll DC 14 Fort save to take half damage and avoid Wracking Pains. If you fail, it’s a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks).

In reply to Talin

(Whenver the door is opened, not saying you do it now)

Another fireball exploded as soon as the door was opened. (17 dmg) The wand wielder was hiding behind another bureau, overturned. Like most of the rooms in this strange place, this one in the southwest corner of the building’s second floor had been thoroughly torn apart, with furnishings
tossed about, holes punched in the walls, and slime coated various surfaces. In the far corner was another of the cocoons, this one also broken open. Shortly after the burst of fire, a cacophony of maddening sound assaulted their ears. (Everyone within 60 feet of the door Talin is at make a DC 13 will save or be confused for 1 round)

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash – standing some inches outside the radius of the spell that’s just impacted Talin – moves over to the toilet door he burst out of some moments before, then – sheathing one of his swords – lifts a hand to knock on it in a patient, measured fashion before rumbling “If I come in there and I see a weapon, I am going to dunk you upside down in the garderobe.” and reaching for the handle.

01:34, Today: Bharash rolled 24 using 1d20+13. Intimidate, high school style!

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin opens the door and steps forward to go through when he immediately is met with another ball of flame. It explodes in his face taking the full damage of the fire. The fire caused Talin to move forward to try and escape the flames but as he did he heard the cacophony of maddening sound. The gibberish sound confused him so Talin thought that whatever it was coming from was on him so he attacked himself with his blade.

15:28, Today: Talin rolled 12 using 1d20+11. reflex save. ROLLED A ONE!!!

15:24, Today: Talin rolled 11 using 1d8+3. ROLLED MAX DAMAGE!!!

15:23, Today: Talin rolled 75 using 1d100. ROLLED TO ATTACK SELF!!!

15:22, Today: Talin rolled 9 using 1d20+8. will save. ROLLED A ONE!!!

That is some unlucky rolls hahaha

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When the child creature bites Vogh, Vogh could feel her flesh ripping off inside the thing’s mouth. Vogh immediately dropped the child and pulled her blades out. What in the hell are you? In Deacon’s head she said, Kill that thing. It isn’t a child!

Move action to pull blades and standard to break grapple.
15:41, Today: Vogh rolled 22 using 1d20+10. break grapple.
15:34, Today: Vogh rolled 18 using 1d20+8. fort save.
15:45, Today: Vogh rolled 18 using 1d20+11. Will save.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
With the cleric now bound and gagged, Julia half dragged and half carried the cleric outside. She knew she could just go through the open doors and be outside in a moment.

Drag-carry the Cleric to the guard outside.

15:47, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 27 using 1d20+9. Will save

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon sees the child’s attack on Vogh, that thing was worse than he’d thought. He at first thought it might be the child of the insect things but now it was something else. He thought about what he’d seen to try to identify it.

Vogh though was in trouble so he needed to act. He raised a finger and cast the last of his magic missile spells at the child with no words just the gesture. Five magical bolts of force raced from his fingertips and slammed into the child. As the bolts left his fingers he became visible once more.

OOC:
09:53, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 33 using 1d20+18. Monster Lore on Child.

10:06, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 17 using 5d4+5. Magic Missle vs Child.

Arcane Pool: 6
Staff has 9 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II

 

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Hey guys. Guess we’re taking a break. I’ll post on ooc if/when we start up again

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh tried to drop the child, but the thing had a hold on her and she could feel the wracking pains from the flesh being ripped from her body.

it literally inhales flesh from its victim, stripping the tissue away with its supernatural inhalation. The victim suffers 2d3+4 points of damage and wracking pains that impose a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks.

A DC 14 Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the wracking pains. Otherwise, the pains last until the victim recovers hit points lost due to this ability.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Talin had troubles as well, as the beasts sounds overwhelmed him and in his madness the bard wound up harming himself. Terribly slowly the horrible fleshly thing covered in eyes and mouths moved toward the injured man.

Spittle shoots from one chattering mouth and splashes across Talin’s eyes (I’m guessing a 23 ranged touch hits? Make a DC 18 fort save or be blinded for 1d4 rounds – you can roll it if you fail.)

Multiple mouths snap at Talin, but in his battle crazed frenzy his wild swinging and movement actually saved him from all the maws.

It’s immunce to precise damage and critical hits.

[Private to GM: Remember the sorcerer is in there, he doesn’t care about the mouther, and will drop another fireball next round]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Having delivered his threat and made an honest effort to take his opponent alive, Bharash pushes open the bathroom door and shoulders his way back into the space he fell into a short while previously.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin was not in a good way when suddenly the thing full of eyes and mouths shot spittle at his face. Thankfully, Talin was able to move to the side and avoid it getting into his eyes. The spittle hitting him on the side of his face instead.

Then as the thing moved to bite him, Talin had SolarSong batting it back with the flat of its blade. It was Talin’s turn to strike back now that he knew what the enemy was and attacked.

10:57, Today: Talin rolled 22 using 1d20+6. fort save.
11:37, Today: Talin rolled 38,30,33,30,33,31 using d20+19,4d6+14,d20+19,4d6+14,d20+14,4d6+14. attack mouthman. Good thing it is immune to critical hits, I had 2…

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh cried out in pain as the would-be child sucked the very flesh off her body. The pain was almost unbearable to Vogh as the wracking pains hit her. Vogh gritted her teeth though and held tight to her blades she had just taken out.

10:57, Today: Vogh rolled 13 using 1d20+8. fort save.
11:50, Today: Vogh rolled 15,16 using d20+5,d8+15. slice the child.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash found the cleric still stunned in the room, the man looked rather worse for the wear.

Belie moved behind the big warrior and kept an eye out for any threats that might be sneaking up on them.

Vogh dangerously cut into the back of the child and nearly severed it in half as she cut toward her own body. Any damage she might have done to herself wouldn’t be nearly as bad as having the flesh inhaled off her bones.

The thing fell dead to the floor, an entire mouth of razer sharp teeth now visibile inside it’s small mouth.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon seeing the child fall to Vogh’s blade moves over to the door and looks through to see if he can spy another enemy.

If he spies such an enemy he will hold forth the Staff of Yaeshla and call forth a storm of magic missiles. If he spies no immediate enemy he will ready an action to call the magic missiles forward against the first enemy he sees.

OOC:

Move over to door
Peek in and see if I see an enemy like that wand wielding guy if he’s not dead
Blast them with Magic Missile from Staff if I see them
21:55, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 18 using 5d4+5. Magic Missile from Staff of Yaeshla.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Talin

Talin’s battle frenzy sliced the beast into nearly as many pieces as it had eyes and mouths. The clammoring noise stopped as the bloated sack deflated into a pool of blood, puss and gore.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Julia Graymantle

Julia gets the cleric outside. None of the guards around recognize him. A couple of the prisoners blanch away from the man’s gaze, clearly recognizing him. If asked, they share this man was one of those who would come and take other residents away, never to be seen again.

A quick detect magic and search of the man’s person revealed to Julia:

A magical chain shirt of the lowest enhancement (still on him)
Masterwork heavy mace
Light crossbow
Bolts (18)
Magical gloves with faint transmutation [Private to GM: +2 gloves of dexterity]
Scroll of cure moderate wounds
One vial of a small black liquid, non-magical [Private to GM: dose of Medium spider poison (DC 14; 1d4 Strength/1d6 Strength)]
Masterwork thieves’ tools
Climber’s kit
Flask of alchemist’s fire
Broken square ring
Coiled viper amulet
3 gp

(Did I totally forget about the spiritual weapons or were those destroyed somehow?! #WorstDMEver)

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh was thankful that the devil child was now off of her and when she looked down and saw the rows upon rows of teeth on the mouth of the thing she shivered. Vogh looked at her arms and particularly at the wounds and knew that she needed some healing and quick.

Cast cure serious wounds
13:40, Today: Vogh rolled 43 using 6d8+11. cure serious wounds.

After her wounds began to close up she reached out with her mind to the others, “Is everyone okay? Talin, did you find that little guy yet?”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon sent back, “I’ve been better, but I’ve been worse, though not lately. I’m watching this door if he pops up again I’ll get him with some magical bolts.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin heard Vogh’s call and answered “I just defeated something very strange here. The little guy is in the corner in the room next to the bugs we swatted! I could use a bit of help.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
“Don’t hurt me!” Came the cry of a small voice. The young man who had been tossing fireballs at them chucked a wand into the rooms center and stood shakily from behind an overturned dresser, hands held high.

“I’m no devout like these fools! I just needed the money! I’m sorry! Please don’t kill me!”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Belie gets a nod of appreciation as Bharash pads into the room with the other priest and cuffs him rapidly… Albeit upside the head, before roughly pinning his hands behind his back and marching him out in the general direction of the guards downstairs, grunting as he does so “I hope they appreciate our restraint here… At least enough to offset all the property damage.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin kept his blades out and approached the little guy. “Get down on your knees and put your hands on top of your head. We won’t hurt you if you cooperate.”

Talin then called over his shoulder, “I have him here. He has given up and is agreeing not to do anything more. If we don’t kill him.” Talin would wait for Vogh and Deacon to come to help him before approaching further. He knew Deacon probably didn’t hear him so he hoped that Vogh would grab him.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh heard Talin and grabbed up Deacon. She looked at him and said, “Talin found the little guy and said that he gives up as long as we don’t kill him. Follow me!”

Vogh then went down to the room where Talin was and moved to secure the little guy, “What is your name, young man?” Even if he didn’t give his name, Vogh began to lead him back down to the street once more.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Vogh

Vogh almost chuckled as the young man started to say one name, then another, until he finally huffed and surrendered what she assumed was most likely his real name, Feaceig Teap. He was more a boy than a young man. Feaceig couldn’t have even turned 20 yet. He had long and curled platinum blond hair cut very short and green eyes. His golden skin was soft as were hands which likely had never seen a day of real work. Barely over five feet tall he had an anorexic build that matched his round, sightly face. Vogh and Talin both noticed a brand on his left arm, but it didn’t match any of the chaos cult symbols they had seen.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

The big warrior easily man handled the smaller human. With the help of the casters they inventoried the following items on his person.

Full plate armor, with the lowest magical enhancement.
Heavy steel shield
Morningstar with the lowest magical enhancement.
A wand of cure moderate wounds [Private to GM: (14 charges)]
A scroll of dispel magic
Two glass vials of some dust. [Private to GM: lich dust poison (ingested DC 17; 2d6 Strength/1d6 Strength),]
Climber’s kit
Broken square ring
Coiled viper amulet
5 gp, 14 sp.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon walks over and picks up the wand wondering if perhaps it had been used up or not. He used a simple cantrip to see if it were still magical.

Cast Detect Magic, concentrating first on the wand and then he’ll glance at the other things.

“So just in it for the money are you?” Deacon asked, “Where’s your contract? Surely your guild would require a written contract of employment?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The cleric in magical full plate armor hissed at Feaceig as soon as the young man began to speak. Clamping his mouth shut, Faeceig’s eyes went wide and he shook his head in fear.

“We will not betray anything. And you’ll keep your mouth shut or suffer the fate of all the thralls!” The same man barked.

Defiance in both their eyes, the second cleric nodded in agreement, snarling at the group that defeated them with barred teeth.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Sergeant Alys eyed the men over and looked up at Vogh. “Then I’ll send you to the pit to rot the rest of your days in pitch black. You’ll be begging whatever foul god you worship for the sweet release of death. I’ll tell Warden Odsen to make sure your stay is particularly awful…”

Alys’ eyes shone with rage as she stared down the two clerics. Unfortunately the threats had no effect on either man. The seeming leader who spoke prior even scoffed at her. “You don’t know what torture is, and you’ve never known real pain little girl. Once we’re released, I’ll see to it that you feel the touch of chaos.”

Baeshra didn’t tolerate the threat. With two huge strides she closed the distance to the kneeling man and a scaled hand broke his jaw as her powerful arm, backed by momentum, smashed into his face. As he limped over her fury turned to shock and she blanched, a bit sheepishly, back to Alys. “Apologies ma’am. I had no idea he was so puny…”

Seargent Alys was shocked at the female soldiers quick action, and that the man crumpled so easily. “It’s alright, but it’s important to remember, unconscious men talk less.” Alys said the last with a small smile.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Taking the items off of the captives, Vogh made sure to check everything in case they had hidden something. She wanted as much information as she could on this Chaos Cult thing. The interaction between the two clerics and the young man was interesting to her though. It seemed that they were worried that he would indeed tell something.

When Baeshra moved to the cleric and basically pummeled the cleric, Vogh couldn’t help but smile. The cleric’s jaw didn’t look good and Vogh couldn’t agree more that an unconscious person was useless for information.

Vogh then motioned for Alys to move off to the side so that they would be able to talk in a bit of privacy. “Alys, I really think that we could get Faeceig to talk. I think it would be important for him not to go to the same holding area as the others if you can help. He is a young man and has much to live for, perhaps there can be a deal to be made for leniency.”

With the immediate threat eliminated, Vogh saw that Talin was quite hurt. She looked over everyone else to see how they were as well. “Anyone else needing some healing?” Vogh asked as she looked at Julia.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“I’m lightly battered. Which is to say I feel like I’ve been doused in oil and fried.” Bharash reports as he steps through the shattered doorway separating the entry hall where the watchmen set up shop from the rest of the building, the priest he was chasing earlier carried over one shoulder. Of course, given his heritage he’s never been all that fond of fire so his grumpiness about being blasted a couple of times is largely understandable.

He offers a slightly charred salute to the watch-officer and extends the cleric to then in one hand “Watch out for this one, he’s a game bugger. We’ve cleared most of the structure but we’re talking mutated civilians, animated statues and several of these assholes, plus a breech into the undercity. Not sure what was going on, but I think we’ve stumbled into something serious.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon heard Vogh and responded in the affirmative that he needed healing at this time. He decided it best to leave questioning the prisoner to those more capable of such things. He desired to return to the pyramid and spend more time in the library, but he needed more money to do that.

He though decided to remind his companions, “We have not yet found that which we were pursuing again my friends, we must reenter the place and make sure it is cleansed.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia too was a bit charred from the fireball so she decided to pray and give everyone a bit of healing. It wasn’t a lot she could feel but it was better than anything and in short order, her wounds began to heal and close. Her burnt flesh was refreshed and looking pink once more.

13:43, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 30 using 10d6.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
The rogue caught Deacon’s attention and spoke slowly, but not obnoxiously, “Is your spell still active? Is the thing inside the house, or are we going to have to go below?” The rogue asked, more than a bit of distaste in his tone for the sewers. While accomplished at many things, Belie detested getting dirty.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“I know. We’d probably have to sweep the structure in any event… Guards have better things to do than get killed.” Bharash states, interjecting on Deacon’s commentary about their task here, while he uses a scrap of shammy leather to wipe the worst of the soot and dust off his armour, “That said… We’ve pretty obviously walked into the middle of something that’s a threat to the city, so… Anything you’d like to ask us to do or not do?” – this of course, spoken to the sergeant of the patrol that answered their summons earlier.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh turned and spoke to Ellyn, having almost forgotten that one of the reasons they had come was to find the server. “Ellyn, Dellam from the Boiling Pot has been looking for you. Obviously, she was worried about you and now it was for a good reason she asked someone to search for you. I am happy you are okay now. You really should go see her. She may be able to help you out with a place to stay right now.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“I’m afraid it has expired now,” Deacon said, “Thus we’ll need to do a more manual search I believe of the premises. I’d rather conserve what magic I have left in case it is needed for more urgent matters later. I believe before it was pointing to something below the building thus we need to look for a way down I think.”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie scrunched his face and rubbed his chin in thought. “Ok. But if we’re going back in there, you’ll cast it again to make sure we don’t walk right by the thing, right?”

The rogue was nervous they might miss the object of their search due to the nearly destroyed state of the apartment building.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“I have one more prepared so I can do that, but I suggest we look for a way down before I cast it though, as the spell is not a long duration one,” Deacon replied to Belie.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia remembers seeing a hole in the floor so she reminds Deacon who may not have seen it, “Deacon my dear, there is a hole in the floor in one of the back rooms to the left as we go in.”

===========================================================
Alys
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

“Indeed. Your group’s prowess in battle has not been overstated, that’s for certain.” The sergeant cocked her head. We can see to these folks. My men should be returning soon with word about the property owner and an Inspector. We can take these three for processing, and further interrogation. “So you all have still not found what you came here seeking? The stolen item? You’ll be going back in?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The young woman Ellyn nodded in a half daze to Voghs instructions. “Yes ma’am.” She responded meekly. Another of the residents wrapped an arm around the young woman and explained they would accompany her to the boiling pot.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“Well, that’s something. And yes. We’re but hugely interested in the stolen item, but it’ll lead us to the thieves… Who I think it’s safe to say we’re a lot more interested in now.” Bharash states with a grim chuckle, glancing over at the others and calling out “Were going to be alright to clear the place for the watchmen before we try heading down, right?”

That done, he stalks over to the rescued residents from the building – few as they are – and inquires “You lot got somewhere to stay, coin to last a day or two when you get there?”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“I suppose we should check out the hole and see if it has an easy egress to the dungeons or sewers then. Once we have found the path down I can cast the spell. The building though will not be safe until all that is repaired though,” Deacon responded.

He’ll then move in the direction that the hole was in to have a look at the hole and see if there is a way to climb down safely for them, or if they’ll need to use magic.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

None of the people nodded to Bharash, but most shrugged and looked around. One of the three men left, after the other gentleman and Ellyn left, piped up, “All our posessions were in our apartments. You know? We could go in and look for our coin, but it’s likely long gone, you know?” The other two nodded. One mentioned he had a cousin in the North Market that might be able to make room for him to stay.

The lone female of the group remaining looked Bharash up and down at his question. “I’ve no family, nowhere to stay and no coin.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Pretty much. I don’t know if the Watch will let us keep what these… Folk… were carrying, but for the time being, here.” the towering Dragonborn rumbles, reaching for a purse on his hip and shaking coin out of it, handing each a small palm-full in turn* while noting “If we find anything in there once we clear the building, we’ll let you know.”

[Private to GM: The equivalent of twenty gold crowns each, probably in the form of one platinum, eight gold and twenty silver.

I still don’t actually know how much money Bharash has, but I assume it’ll cover something like this..]

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

Alys nodded to Bharashs statement. “Give them the few coins you took off these three. It’s likely theirs anyway, and they will be due much more…” She glared at the two clerics, but not the young magic user.

[Private to Bharash: You’re welcome to do that, but just know you gave them a lot. O_o

20 gold is like a months wages. Maybe more depending on their job. Granted they live in old town so they probably aren’t poor, but it’s still a lot 😀

Totally up to you. Doesn’t affect me]

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As Bharash handed the deposed people some coin, Vogh smiled. The rough and tough Dragonborn was softening up it seemed. It was a good thing he did though. “Okay as Deacon said, let’s head to the hole and head down. I want to figure this mystery out. What were they doing here with these pod things and what were they hoping to accomplish?”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Post #6400!

Belie moved over by vogh and whispered in her ear.

“Why don’t we talk to the young man alone?”

He looked at the young man and then the other two cultists and shrugged.

“Maybe he could tell us something.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had leaned in to hear Belie speak. He nodded and added in a whisper, “Plus, there was a dead body in the room those clerics attacked from. We should inspect that as well.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh thought about it for a second and then asked Alys, “Mind if we speak to Feaceig alone for a bit? We have some questions that may help us with our investigation.” Vogh looked to Belie and then Deacon, “Hey when you cast your detect magic, did anything else in the room show magical for you?”

“Bharash, Talin, and Julia, can you do one more sweep of the house before we head down below while Belie and I speak with Feaceig here.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Rough and ready has never meant callous… Bharash just tends to be a private sort of person a lot of the time, so who knows what he gets up to when he’s not slaying monsters and chasing demons.

He turns away from the rescued civilians – who are obviously all far too overwhelmed to say anything or, indeed react at all – and pads over to Vogh to cheerfully observe “That’s almost as good an idea as it was when I proposed it five minutes ago!” with a grin before making a ‘come on’ gesture to the others “Might as well make a start. Soonest begun, soonest ended.”

OOC: Incidentally, how much, if any healing was there and did Bharash happen to be there for it?

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon tells Bharash, “I’ll come with you and do the sweep, we should stay together as much as possible, I doubt the assassins have give up yet.”

 

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin laughed at Bharash and his comment. He had heard him say as much not long ago, and Talin could only chalk it up to there was much going through Vogh’s head that perhaps she didn’t hear it. “I am still a bit injured but I think I should be okay to check out the place. Shall we?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Both of the clerics snapped off threats to keep silent at the young man as Vogh and Belie separated him from the group, taking him back inside the apartment building. The Archons moved in first and began making their way through the building.

Still looking terrified, but actually relaxing a bit once they were out of sight of the two cultists, the young man slumped on the ground.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
“Well… Spill it. What’s going on here? Why are you here?” The rogue was quick and to the point as always.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The young man shook his head, but he was resigned and shrugged. “They hired me after finding out I was in trouble with the city watch. I grew up really poor, and when I started being able to manifest magic, I did what any kid would do: used it to my advantage. Unfortunately some small stealing turned into bigger crimes and now I’m wanted. These cultists needed some arcane magic backup since they all get spells from their chaos gods, so they have paid me to help protect this place and do some light work down in the sewers.”

Belie twirled his finger in the air in a circular motion, indicating the young man should continue.

“Well, I don’t know much about their chaos worship stuff, but I do know they have this serum which turns people into the beasts you fought. They call them venom-shaped thralls. After someone is injected, a cacoon forms around them, then they break out of it as one of those things. Usually… It’s not been perfected yet, and there have been… anomolies. Anyway, I can tell you this, right before you all got here Audon and Uranik – those are the men’s names outside – got in a big fight with the other priest, Reggaloch. See, Audon and Uranik are part of the Brothers of Venom, and Reg is of the Ebon Hand. The groups have apparently been working together some, I don’t know much more than that, but they certainly don’t agree on everything. Anyway, they killed him during the argument, as I’m sure you saw.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
None of the residents could believe Bharash’s generosity. They all thanked him profusely. Each of the men grabbed his much larger hard and shook it with both theirs.

Belie frowned, the guilt evident on his face. He pulled out a gold coin for each of the group and told them where to go.

“Go to the Welcome Inn. It’s located near the South Gate in the South Market. Not the one with the tents outside, the smaller one. Tell the Schucks that Belie sent you and they will give you a good break.”

The rogue playfully narrowed his eyes at Bharash, never having been one for charity. But the big warrior’s kindness triggered his obligation. Still, a few gold was almost nothing to this group who had been so blessed in their endeavors.

Everything was as the group had left it only a few moments before. The dead body Bharash had first seen when making his smashing entrance had fallen to the first floor when the rest of them had descended as well. The corpse of the murdered Ebon Hand priest had a a masterwork quarterstaff laying near him. He wore chainmail armor which was not magical. Julia and Deacon were able to identify a potion of invisibility, a scroll of inflict serious wounds, a gold and silver ring [Private to GM: worth 100 gp], 56 gold coins, and 15 silver. In the man’s pocket they also uncovered a note.

quote:
Reggaloch,
I agree. The Brothers of Venom likely do plan violent treachery so they can be in sole control of the venom-shaped thralls. You should leave and find Malleck, to tell him what’s going on.
—Rhinnis

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon reading the note said pointing at the dead cleric, “So was this Reggaloch or Rhinnis? Or Neither? If these creatures are venom shaped then I wonder if a neutralize poison might kill them before they emerge?”

He casts detect magic and examines the potion to see if he can identify it.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“My guess is that this was Reggaloch and he had an argument over what the note said and that they killed him. Instead of leaving to find Malleck, he chose to confront them.” Talin looked down at the body and said, “You should have listened to Rhinnis.”

Turning to his companions Talin said, “Looks like we have a bit more information we can tell Vogh and Belie. Hopefully, they are getting some information from that young man. Deacon any of that stuff magical?” Talin asked as he reached down and took the rings and the coin from the body.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When Feaceig admitted that he was a wanted man, Vogh shook her head. It sounded to her that he had just fallen into the wrong crowd at the wrong time. Things may have been different if he had better role models. Vogh felt for the young man but he would have to pay for his crimes. All the information he had given was useful and would definitely help them trying to sort all this out. “Thank you for all your information, I will try and get a bit of leniency for you if possible and ensure that you aren’t placed in the same prison as the Brothers Venom. What do you say to do your time and then seek me out when you are finished. Perhaps we can put your abilities to better use and help people instead?”

Once Feaceig answered, she took him back out to Alys and the guards and said, “Alys can this one be put in a different cell? I would like to stop by and see him later. I don’t want him killed in the process. Oh, you know, he said he was a wanted man as well.” The last bit was to make a point that Vogh would like the reward for finding the young man.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon would glance over the other items after he identified the potion as a potion of invisibility so that he could inform Talin. Unfortunately, nothing else in his sight was magical.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The effusive thanks send to make Bharash subtly uncomfortable but he endures it with a simple rumble of explanation about his not wanting to be stuck on the streets with neither shelter nor funds for reasons that are no fault of his own and not wanting to see them come to that fate either. The big Dragonborn may well love the city on his own way, but he’s under no illusions about how harsh a bitch it can be.

After that, he heads through the door to repeat his earlier sweep of the ground floor, making sure that it’s clear before pushing on upstairs again, just in case something ‘orrible has crawled out of the sewer while the group were dealing with their prisoners.

Room by room, he performs the obligatory bastard-check before checking in on the hole into the sewer and grimly staring at it for a bit, then making an effort to prop a few pieces of heavy timber across the doorway and hole that give access to it, blocking it off as best he can.

After that, he takes a watchful position at the foot of the stairs and waits for the others.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin aided Bharash with the makeshift boarding of the hole to the sewers. It was temporary until the whole group was ready to head down.

“Hopefully, they don’t take too long. I really want to get down there and figure this all out,” Talin commented as he sat and looked over his wounds. Knowing that he should heal himself, he does so now.

10:40, Today: Talin rolled 23 using 3d8+11 ((8,3,1)).

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Mmm, I long ago learned not to rush them. It just makes them tetchy. They’ll wander around, argue, ask questions about nothing very much, forget what they were doing, argue some more, remember what they were doing and then chase off to do something only tangentially related to what we’re actually here for.” the big Dragonborn remarks with the cynicism of a born warrior and the unusual eloquence of someone who’s spent a lot of time propped up with a plain-covered bodice-ripper while his more academically inclined associates work out the next people they’d like him to slap upside the head with the nearest blunt object.

There is just enough of a grin on his jaw to imply that he’s joking though.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Alys nodded and agreed to Voghs request to keep the young man separate. “They will be kept for a trial prior to going to the prison. I’ll make your request known. You’ve got a bit of pull you know.” The young woman Seargent turned up the side of her mouth in a smile.

“I’m still waiting for my men to return with the information and an Inspector. We will wait for you. I don’t want to split my group any more to take these away. You’ve got them secured well enough. Since you’re heading below, we will wait a bit and secure the building then report in. I won’t send my men into the sewers.”

Alys frowned apologetically to Vogh at the admission. The Watch was a police force and deterrent, not Inspectors or Delvers. Plus, they were not trained to navigate the sewers, especially with the increased dangers of below.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh thanked Alys for all she had done and when everything was settled Vogh went back inside with Belie. “Well, let’s head on down in the sewers. Belie I am going to need you to check for traps constantly. I am sure there will be more than a few.”

When Vogh saw the others near the entrance to the sewers she asked, “So did you all find anything else of interest?”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Not on this floor. I’m just securing our backs before we go back upstairs. Don’t want to be cut off from the front door without at least having a chance of hearing something.” Bharash answers, brushing his gauntleted hands together to dust them off before jerking his thumb at the stairs, “We ready to finish checking it, so we can go check out the… yay… sewers?”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin handed the note they recovered from the dead man over to Vogh for inspection. “We found this on the dead guy.”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie read the note over Voghs arm and nodded. “Well we know the dead guy is Reggaloch. The magic kid told us the other two clerics killed him.” The rogue shared everything else the young man told him and Vogh.

“Do we need to check the second floor? Or at least… what’s left of it… after they dropped the blasted floor out from under us?” He looked up the stairs and back to the group.

“I’m not crazy about the sewers, but if your bauble isn’t here and your spell says go down, then I guess we’re getting dirty.” He said with a frown, swishing his new cloak while looking over his freshly polished high boots.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“I don’t know. Might be completely empty, probably is… In which case checking it will take five minutes and then we can go underground.” Bharash replies with a shrug, patently not all that bothered by the question and like as not, willing to go and look on his own if everyone else decides that they’ve had enough of stairs for the day.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie nodded and shrugged, “Sounds good. Let’s check it out.” Once again he pulled out the floating ioun stone that orbited his head and shed unwavering light around like a torch.

The rogue led the way up the stairs, confident nothing else awaited them. His floating shield remained in front of him no matter which direction he turned, and that fantastic rapier always pointed out and ready.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Belie, Bharash, and anyone who accompanied them found only the corpses they had left behind. They also noticed that none of the many cats which had been around the domicile remained. Likely the building falling apart scared off the plethora of pets.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Completing the sweep, Bharash mods to the others and ducks his head into the room with the civilians and the watchmen to report “We’ve checked the upper floors. Nothing up there now but bodies and rubble. If you want to escort folks up to check their apartments, we’re going to push down into the sewers now.” before moving up to join the rest of the party in order to do just that.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had read the note and agreed with Belie. She tucked away the note for later and she waited for Bharash and Talin to return from upstairs.

Once Bharash gave the watch the all-clear Vogh motioned for Belie to begin his decent underground. “Let’s get down there and figure out what we can. Obviously we are dealing with fanatics so be on your guard.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon had waited near the hole for the others to return. He was trying to figure out how hard it would be to descend, he wasn’t sure they should depend on ropes. Was there a stairs or other way down other than the hole.

“With all this time and the battle they have had time to prepare there could be traps and other implements in the way so we should be cautious,” he told the others as they returned to the hole.

“I’m ready to cast the spell once we are ready to go down,” he added.

“Nothing else is magical other than already spoken about of the new items, the potion is of invisibility, perhaps one of the clerics might like it?”
he suggested.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The only way down was the rope ladder attached to the floor of the room they currently stood inside. It looked relatively new, but had clearly seen quite a bit off use. The shaft down was easily twenty five feet, with the bottom several feet opening to reveal the slowly flowing sewer. Extending all the way to the sewer’s walkway, the ladder would allow them to descend fully.

From what little the group could see, this section of sewer looked to be one of the main trunk lines.
One of the largest sewer tunnels measured about sixteen feet wide. A channel ten feet wide would flow through the middle of the tunnel, with a three-foot ledge on either side which usually stayed dry. Even
those walkways would be under a foot or two of water after a heavy rain. Thankfully for the group, they could see the ledge.

A channel of seweage in a man tunnel like this could reach ten feet deep. The ceilings in the main tunnels were about eight feet high, except where a sewer grate offered access to the surface, at which point the ceiling might reach fifteen feet.

Talin and Vogh had spent some time in these disgusting tunnels in their early days in the city, searchign for the gold reward for rat tails.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“For the record, I hate absolutely everything about this in every way it’s possible for someone to hate it.” Bharash notes, pulling up the rope ladder hand-over-hand and then checking it to make sure that someone hasn’t been getting clever with a knife at any point before – if it looks solid – dropping it back down again and moving to descend, deeply unhappy-looking and adding en route down, “And I don’t care that I was against spells earlier. When we’re done, someone is teleporting me to the bath-house on The Row.”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie snickered at Bharash, nodding in commiseration with the big warrior’s mood. The rogue was used to being in tight places, dirty places, underground, and the like; but sewage just really turned his stomach. When Bharash neared the bottom Belie merely stepped off the ledge and his ring of feather fall allowed him to slowly drift down beside Bharash.

One of the few in the group who couldn’t see in darkness, he kept the ioun stone which was a magical torch circling around his head.

14:26, Today: Belie rolled 15 using 1d20+9 ((6)). Initiative

[Private to GM:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic…ls/s/summon-monster/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…/aberrations/otyugh/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…ture-swarm-template/

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…-types#subtype-troop

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/…inating%20from%20you.

https://forums.giantitp.com/sh…ddb024e31cdd4166af43

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wik…d_Spire_Superdungeon]

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh laughed a bit at Bharash and his disposition about the sewers. They certainly were disgusting and she was thankful she hadn’t spent much time in them for quite a while. “I will definitely have to come with you.!”

Vogh had both her blades out and ready. But the most important weapon she had was her mind at this time. She let it travel far to see if anything was inside the sewers. “Deacon, can you please cast that spell again so we can go the right direction?”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“You’re a little scrawnier than I go in for, but if you absolutely insist on scrubbing my back, I won’t tell anyone.” Bharash announces cheerfully, making absolutely no attempt to keep active from hearing him replying to Vogh, likely because he’s wearing enough armour that stealth is pretty much a lost cause and – as far as he’s concerned – it’s funnier that way.

Of course, this doesn’t keep him from using his night-piercing eyes to stare into shadows of from having his hand on the hilt of ice of his swords more or less constantly.

12:21, Today: Bharash rolled 27 using 1d20+10. Initiative.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash hit the ground and one direction could see an intersection with a much narrower tunnel going both ways. He looked the other way as Belie touched down just in time to see a sturdy, metalic gate that crossed the entire width of the sewer corridor. Next both his and Belie’s hearing were stolen as two explosions echoed throughout the entire tunnel. Beyond their sight, past the gates, two flashes proceeded the cacophony and two somethings whizzed past them faster than any arrow had ever flown. Thankfully neither of the projectiles hit them. Still their ears were left ringing from the loud noises.

OOC: Bharash touched down, then Belie floated down. As soon as he touched down was when teh shots rang out. So the rest of you all are either still climbing down, or whatever you want to be based on your movement. We are “top of round” after a surprise round with Bharash going first.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon was casting Locate Object to see if he could get a beat on it when the explosions happened. He decided he’d finish casting it. There was no need to really go far if the object was not present, and the sewers might be a maze.

He planned that he would use a feather fall next round to get down to the sewer level if his spell detected the objects and it was safe to do so.


15:49, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Roll Initiative.

Arcane Pool: 6
Staff has 9 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Locate Object

 

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The massive, echoing report of the gunfire – because, having been to the store in which they were sold, it seems obvious to Bharash that that’s what just happened – is nearly deafening even at sixty feet and more from the unseen shooters, and it immediately generates a cry of “Douse the light!” from the huge dragonborn, who grimaces and braces himself on the steps as he yells “Get to the intersection, get to cover!” – reasonably confident that no-one closer than he was to the weapons fire is going to be hearing anything for a few moments.

If I could, I’d take Total Defence as an action. That’d add +4 dodge to my AC.
On the other hand, if I do that, I may expose those behind me to gunfire.
If I can do so without making the others targets, consider it done. Otherwise, Bharash will try and tank the shots on their behalf.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh was on her way down when the shots rang out. She abandoned all thought of climbing and just jumped down while activating her feather fall at the last moment to stop her fall. When she hit the ledge, Vogh crouched down with her blades drawn.

Reaching out with her mind she tried to locate where the enemy was exactly.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin stayed up top with Deacon and Julia currently having now gotten on the rope to go down. When the explosion happened below, Talin readied himself to drop down inside.

Talin will just be ready to drop inside and use his feather fall.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Having not gone down yet either, Julia waits to hear an all-clear before she descends into the sewers.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh reached her mind out to the full reach of her ability, but only found Bharash and Belie’s consciousnesses. It seemed whatever was attacking them was beyond her limits.

Belie snatched the light from over his head and threw it into a magical pocket that held way more than it should as he scrambled away from the loud noises.

Both Bharash and Belie made it around the nearest corner. This tunnel was much narrower than the one they had just left. A ledge of barely two feet wide was slick with slime and forced both men to keep their back to the wall as standing sideways was a dicey endeavor.

Bharash saw the narrow tunnel extended in front and behind them beyond the limits of his vision, but his superior eyes allowed him to see another double gate which was swung shut that blocked the wider tunnel.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie cursed under his breath as he stowed the light and felt his way around the corner to get clear of any more projectiles. “Idiot!” The man spat at himself as he made the narrow ledge and slide his feet sideways, back to wall, all while reaching around behind him into his magical backpack.

I’m such an idiot. He hissed in a quiet whisper. How could I forget this?!

Bhrash could see the rogue pull an eyepatch from the backpack. Belie pulled his around his head and tied it tight, covering on eye. Ahh! Much better! The rogue sighed audibly.

This grants me night vision! Fantastic little bauble I just purchased! And the patch is invisible to the eye it’s worn over. Great little bauble. I cannot believe I forgot I purchased it!

Belie looked Bharash up and down, then he looked up and down the tunnels. What the devil was that blast?! Was that a fireball? Or you think that was one of those dang dragon guns we saw in the North Market?

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
OOC: My bad guys are acting. Belie talked a bunch, but he’s not taking any other actions so I’ll say that’s all 1 round. Bharash and He moved, that’s their turn. Each of you have a round to act, then we’re going on to round 2.

Bharash 27 x (sewer)
Talin 26 x (in room)
Belie 15 x (sewer)
Vogh 11 x (sewer)
Bad Guys 9 x
Julia 7 (in room)
Deacon ? (in room)

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As soon as Vogh touched down and sensed something on the other side of the gate she made a quick decision to dimension door to the other side. It was a tactic she had used many times before and planned it just right.

Cast Dimension door 5ft on the opposite side of the beings she sensed.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin tells Deacon, “If we are going dark down there I will need that darkvision again. Do you have the spell available?”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

With no-one else dropping down into the space behind him, Bharash ups stakes and retreats back to the corner where Belie’s taken shelter, moving up behind the other man on the narrow ledge and asking “Grate behind us, grate in the other direction too… And they’re probably reloading those things, want to follow me, see if we can work around them?”

OOC: Someone moved Bharash on the map, I fixed that. He held his ground last round in order to provide cover to folks retreating from the gunfire. This turn he’s moving up to Belie, skipping from one side to the other of the tunnel to get around him and double-moving North to see what’s going on.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
ooc: I’m assuming everyone else is waiting for the next round? Bharash, what you said is what happened because no one else came down except Vogh and she dimension doored to the attackers, beyond our dark vision. Everyone else is upstairs still.

Top of Round 2 is Bharash.

Both the dragonborn and Belie were safely around the corner of the intersection. Bharash saw Vogh float down, then she stepped into a dimension door and disappeared from his sights range.

Vogh stepped into her magical doorway and out into absolute blackness. Her mind told her she had succeeded at appearing directly behind one of the two ratmen, which she assumed attacked them. She sensed no one new after her movement.

[Private to Vogh: Roll attack and damage and remember to roll percentage. 1-50 is a hit, 51-100 is a miss.]

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Now on the other side of the gate and a ratman directly in front of her Vogh started her song in everyone’s head. Not only did this help her but it told the others she was in battle.

Swinging her blades in the darkness even with her mind guiding her wasn’t easy as she found that her mind couldn’t keep up with the speed of the dodging ratman. As such her blades missed as she slashed and poked where she thought the ratman was.

She knew what she would do next so she hoped she would live long enough.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Deacon’s locate spell took effect and it was leading him down into the depths of the sewers below. It seemed the object was beyond the wall he could see below which the rope ladder descended against.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Name | Init | 1 | 2 |
Bharash 27 x x
Talin 26 x x
Deacon 20 x ?
Belie 15 x x
Vogh 11 x x
Bad Guys 9 x x [Private to GM: Get attacked/flee and reload]
Julia 7 ? ?

Belie blanched as Bharash moved around him and proceeded down the tunnel, he started to say something to the big warrior but just shrugged, stowed his rapier and pulled out his bow, knocking an arrow and looking up and down the tunnels. Unfortunately his magically granted dark vision showed him nothing. He wasn’t sure how to reach Vogh mentally, and figured she had to make the first contact. Frustrated, he could do nothing but wait.

The ratman squealed in its language as Vogh appeared behind him and began swinging. Luck alone saved its life as she was unable to see him, despite knowing where he was. Vogh heard the clank of her sword against something metalic which didn’t stop her blade, but seemed to be batted aside. She heard one small splash, then a much larger one. Her mind ability told her that the rat she was trying to attacked moved away, clearly inside the slow flowing sewage. The second one seemed to be slowly backing away from her, toward the grate that separated her from the rope ladder and her friends. While moving away, it was also letting out loud yelps and shouts she thought might be words in its tongue.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“I’ll take that as a no. Maybe try getting close to the grill, in case they’re within eyesight?” Bharash calls back to Belie as he runs up the tunnel, looking to see if there’s a way back around to where he can join the fight.

Double-moving 100′ up the passage and trying to get left.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Deciding that he needed to get down there Talin said to Julia, I am going down. Follow me! Talin then cast his dancing lights and sent them down into the sewers ahead of him. Talin then began climbing down.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia was going to follow Talin down the ladder but waited for Deacon knowing that he was the most vulnerable of them all. Facing him she said, “Deacon we need to get down to the others!”

===========================================================
Yaeshla (NPC)
———————————————————–
Staff…

[Private to not Deacon Havenhold: “Yes! Let’s go! There’s a fight happening! Why are we just standing here? Ugh! He can’t hear me! Tell him let’s go! Use me! Let’s fight!” Talin might have heard the staffs hollering as he descended, but Julia certainly did. Unfortunately Yaeshlas wielder, Deacon, could not.]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Pivoting on his heel as he spies the long, gently sloping passage ahead of him Bharash curses softly and hastens back to where he left Belie, looking to move across the intersection and check the southern passage “No sign of a way west up there… Just more sewer.” he calls as he moves.

Double-moving back to where I started last turn, still looking for a way to get to the fight. When we get out of this, and I get some money, Bharash is getting adamantine weapons! ^_^

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia heard the plea from Yaeshla and as she looked to Deacon she said, “We need to get down there. I am heading down now.” Julia then began to climb down the ladder.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Deacon followed Julia’s lead, descending the rope lader after she. Talins flying lights were out in front of him and just barely illuminated the gate which blocked their path.

Name | Init | 1 | 2 | 3
Bharash 27 x x x (moved back to start?)
Talin 26 x x
Deacon 20 x x
Belie 15 x x
Vogh 11 x x
Bad Guys 9 x x
Julia 7 x x

Top of Round 3:

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh moved to intercept the ratman as it tried to get away. She swung her blade the first time and heard the thing squeal loudly and so followed that up with one more swing but the darkness failed her and stole the kill from her. One thing was for sure though, she was keeping the thing occupied.

18:18, Today: Vogh rolled 31 using 1d20+17. acrobatics check.

18:17, Today: Vogh rolled 25,27,27,34,26,71 using d20+14,d8+20,d100,d20+14,d8+20,d100

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh felt her sword sink into the ratman’s gut and was certain the wound would be mortal. Unfortunately for the young woman it wasn’t dead yet, and the explosive weapon it was holding had been reloaded while she dealt with its friend.

Another boom stole everyone’s hearing. The explosive flash gave everyone a brief glimpse of Vogh down the tunnel. For Vogh, a burning smell overpowered the stench of the sewer, and a small cloud of smoke – which she couldn’t see – made her cough for only a second.

The ratman had used its last strength to try to shoot her, unfortunately the rate at which its lifeblood was spilling from the wound caused his shot to go terribly wide of Vogh. She heard the shot hit stone and a brief rain of rock shards and dust spinkled over her.

Thinking the threat over as she sensed the beasts mind fading, she felt a blade bite into her foot. The beast which had dove into the sewer to avoid her blades, swam to the edge of the sewer flow and stabbed a dagger directly into the top of her foot! (Nat 20! 4 dmg.)

[Private to Vogh: I didn’t take HP away on roll20, I’ll let you do that.]

Everyone else heard the woman cry out in pain from the darkness ahead. Other than the breif flash from the boom-shot, no one could see the woman. With their ears still ringing from yet another deafening blast, the Calling was all in the sewer. Other than the brief metalic smell of sulfer from the ratmen’s weapons, the stink of sewage permeated every breath.

Their air around them was completely still, no breeze at all, and there seemed to be dripping water coming from every direction. They could scarecly hear the flow of water just below the ledges where they stood, as it was moving quite slowly. With Talin’s light the sheen of oil and filth on top of the water was evident, as was food stuff and more waste they didn’t want to identify.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
The sharp pain in her foot hurt bad and she had actually let out a scream. Vogh had had enough of the darkness and so she too summoned up some dancing lights to make it easier for her to see.

Cast Dancing Lights 10ft to the left of me so it doesn’t silhouette me.

[Private to GM: I moved Talin’s Dancing lights to me. So if you want to just duplicate them for Talin he will have his.]

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin took in the sights and sounds of the sewer. He did his best not to take in the smells or taste of the air around him.

Then he heard Vogh’s scream and he charged in the direction of the door he could now tell was between him and her.

His footing slipped as he left his feet to hit the door with the full weight of his body and though he hit it, it was with a soft thud rather than the powerful force he had hoped to bring.

10:21, Today: Talin rolled 4 using 1d20+3. Strength check – break open door.
10:13, Today: Talin rolled 29 using 1d20+14. Perception – what’s down here.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Name | Init | 1 | 2 | 3
Bharash 27 x x x (moved back to start?)
Talin 26 x x x (attacked gate)
Deacon 20 x x ?
Belie 15 x x x (talked and waited)
Vogh 11 x x x (killed ratman & got stabbed)
Bad Guys 9 x x x
Julia 7 x x ?

Still Round 3:

Talin’s keene eyes noticed ripples in the water originating from the other side of the gate where Vogh stood. He figured those related to the big splashes earlier, and the bard could also see one dead ratman’s body floating toward him slowly.

The gate looked to be of newer construction. It was hooked into the stone wall with very secure bolting and masonry. Solid steel, it resembled a portcullis but divided down the middle. Looking over the gate, at first glance it seemed like the steel extended all the way down into the sewer’s flow. But upon further inspection, and thanks to his dancing lights, Talin quickly ascertained that the gate was separate from a grate which was secured beneath the water and to the canals sides to prevent anyone swimming under. If they could get the gates open, they would swing open and allow passage on the three foot wide ledge where they all currently stood.

As Vogh’s lights magically spring into existence, the group could see her illuminated. Had it been a rat, the door she stood just past would have bit her. Like the gates, the iron door looked rather new. It was free from rust and grime. Indeed, it had no markings other than the key hole and pull ring.

Additionally, everyone could see a matching double gate beyond Vogh, clearly sectioning off and securing this part of the sewers. These was unnatural, and clearly not added by the city, as such blockings would eventually cause sewer backups and obstructions. Someone had added these gates to keep people out of this part of the sewers.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie looked back at Bharash, arrow still knocked on his bow, but he kept no tension on the string. The rogue narrowed his eyes and looked down the tunnel directly across from them at the intersection. “Do you hear that?” He whispered to Bharash.

“It sounds like tons of squeaking wagon wheels…”

[Private to Bharash: Bharash was starting to hear it too, but hadn’t noticed until then since he had been hustling around.]

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon points towards the door where Vogh was and says “The skull is that way.”

Seeing the gate in his way he called to Talin, “You need to get on the other side of me so that I can disintegrate the gate.”

Once Talin moves clear of his attack Deacon will point a finger at the gate and thin green line will come from it striking the gate and crumbling it into dust.


15:49, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Roll Initiative.

Call to Talin
Wait for him to Move out of Way
Cast Disintegrate (which I just marked off my list)
Will disintegrate the portion of the gate next to this side of the wall towards the middle as much as we can of it.

Arcane Pool: 6
Staff has 9 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Locate Object

 

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
OOC: Posting out of turn just for comedic effect.

With Deacon’s statement about needing to get to the other side of the gate and about a door by Vogh, which he couldn’t see yet anyway, he got only part of a sentence out before Deacon’s spell.

“I can probably pick the…

The green ray of energy washed over the metallic structure and dissolved a huge portion of it!

With a clanging crash the unsupported section which wasn’t erased from existence fell against the opposite side and then made a huge splash into the sewage canal.

Alone in the water, the ratman which had stabbed Vogh began swimming for his life to escape the collapsing gate.

Belie’s jaw went slack as he observed the powerful display of magic and he simply remarked, “Or… uh… you could do that…”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Heading back the way he came, Bharash is about to leap the sewer when the flash of green illuminates the passage from which he originally came, sending the crumbling gate into stark contrast and making him swerve mid-stride to move – more slowly now – along the narrow path as he calls out “Those look like they’re part of the sewer, or did someone add them later? Seems like a weird thing to put in here unless you’re trying to keep stuff out.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had moved as quickly aside as he had jumped at the gate in the first place and when the gate fell, he charged through looking to reunite with Vogh and make sure she wasn’t too wounded. He started a soft song, one he knew aided all that healed near him.

OOC: Activating my Healing Hymn class feature. All healing spells (not from a wand) heal an additional 10 HP for the next 6 rounds.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
When Deacon began casting his spell and a green light flew out of his hand at the gate, which subsequently disintegrated, Julia gave a quick nod of her head. Bharash’s question was a good one, someone didn’t want people moving about freely in these sewers that was for certain. “I will have to agree with you Bharash. So, if the skull is over where Vogh is then the most likely conclusion is that those were the ones that built these gates.”

Julia moved up to the gate as best she could on the slick surface of the side of the sewer. She made sure to wiggle her feet back and forth to make sure her foot wouldn’t slip off and send her splashing into the water. “Let’s hurry to the other side, but please be careful!” Julia urged.

Move up as far as she can go.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Belie shouted out a warning, “Rats! Lots of Rats!”

Those nearest him turned to see hundreds of rats climbing all over themselves, falling in the sewer and climbing back out, like a roiling mass of disease ridden bodies. Then from behind Vogh, even more were rolling around the corner.

Hundreds, maybe thousands, of tiny squeaks coalesced into a squeal that was echoing throughout the entire sewer. Plus the added stench of wet hair with waste and rot matted in with it, did not help the aroma of the environment.

[Private to Vogh: Vogh’s mind registered the swarms of beasts, but it was like looking at a charging hord. However, she also sensed a couple of other ratmen around the corners as they stepped just inside her mental range. One of them was different than the others she had encountered, rather than the basic intelligence of the average ratman she had encountered, this one was much more intelligent (14)]

Name | Init | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bharash 27 x x x
Talin 26 x x x
Deacon 20 x x x
Belie 15 x x x
Vogh 11 x x x
Bad Guys 9 x x x
Julia 7 x x x

Top of Round 4:

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon moves past the dust of the gate and raises his hand again and a wall of stone springs up between the rats and the party cutting the rats off. He looks over at the ratman, “If you value your life, be elsewhere.”

Move up 30′
Cast Wall of Stone
Intimidate the Ratman well maybe 🙂
11:21, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 5 using 1d20+1. Intimidate ratman.
Probably not :), maybe disintegrating the gate and raising a wall of stone will help….

Arcane Pool: 6
Staff has 9 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Locate Object

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When the wall suddenly appeared next to her Vogh moved close to the edge and swung her blade down on top of the head of the ratman in the water. Her blade sunk deep into the skull of the ratman splitting it almost in two.
20:42, Today: Vogh rolled 20,25 using d20+14,d8+20.

Facing Deacon, Vogh spoke having dropped her song now, “Well done, but I don’t think it will be enough. I sensed a few normal ratmen as well and one of them has extraordinary intelligence. A leader perhaps or maybe they have an arcane user with them.”

Vogh then called over to Bharash, “When the swarm comes the other way why not use your breath to freeze them?” Vogh pointed down the hall opposite Belie.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin’s singing stopped and he cast a quick healing spell for Vogh and asked her, “You ok? That was a bit reckless leaving us all behind. Next time grab me or someone, please.”

OOC: Cure Light wounds – 21:02, Today: Talin rolled 19 using 1d8+15. Cure light wounds – Vogh.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“You mean asides from the fact that I don’t breath fire?” Bharash asks, moving up to look at the developing scuffle, rumbling a “Nicely done. I’m good, but I’d have had trouble hitting all of them with a sword.” at Deacon before calling to Vogh “Hold on there… I know he stabbed you and all that, but we don’t know for certain that they’re trying to kill us. There were assholes in the building with monsters after all. Least we can do is make sure we’re not fighting the wrong battle because we dropped into someone’s back yard.”, moving to offer the submerged rodent a hand if he’s still alive, or to fish him out if he’s bleeding to death…

…only to grimace when he spies the mans staved-in skull and rumble “Well, that doesn’t look good. Vogh, you know where they are, think you c… Hey, can anyone still hear squeaking?”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
“Uh… Guys…” Belie was quite uneasy viewing the roiling mass of rat bodies rushing it’s way toward them.

The rogue stowed his arrow and bow in his magical quiver and moved around the corner toward the rest of the group.

“Backyard or not, those things bite… Deacon… He waved a hand to get the wizard’s attention. He made an exploding ball motion with his two hands while mouthing Boom?

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The rats scrambled over one another like one big mass formed by tons of bodies. They splashed into the sewer, not caring at all for their kin beneath them as they swam the channel and reached the far side. Belie’s face was quite unhappy as he was urging Julia toward the rest of the group, away from the rats which were closing in fast.

Then, more problems stepped around the corners in the form of more ratmen wielding those large rifles. All four took aim at Belie and Julia, their closest targets and pulled levers on the underside of the weapons.

Again the smell of sulfer and fire filled everyone’s nostrils as smoke obscured part of the tunnels. Chips of rock flew around Julia and Belie as the projectiles slammed into the stone with the force of a giant. Both of them couldn’t help but wince and dodge both the intial attacks, and then the subsequent shrappnel.

Muffled thumps were heard from the other side of Deacon’s stone wall, either shots from more of these strange weapons, or possibly hammers trying to smash the wall down.

Vogh could sense more of the ratmen were gathering on that side of the wall, although the intelligent one seemed not to be moving.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As the hoard of rats came on Julia began to worry a bit as her and Belie were left out in the open. Then the ratmen came around the corner and shot at them with the weapons. She was thankful that their shots were not true as it gave her a chance to make her way back to the others past the gate. “Belie come on!!” she cried as she moved quickly.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
A dimensional crack appeared near Deacon and he stepped through to be on the other side of the gate and corridor.

He raised the Staff of Yaeshla and called from it lightning with a bolt of bluish white coming from the staff and traveling 120′ down striking ratman and rat alike. The horrid stench of burned fur rose in its wake.

He spoke again “Your last warning, leave or die.”

OOC:

Move Action: Spend 1 Arcane Point and Dimensional Slide to the other side.
Standard Action: Use Staff of Yaeshla to cast Lightning Bolt

17:49, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 30 using 10d6. Heigthened (5th) Lightning Bolt. (DC 17 Reflex for half)

Arcane Pool: 5
Staff has 8 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Locate Object

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Can someone get this open?” Bharash asks, looking up in both directions before settling on the door in the Northern wall and moving towards it, automatically reaching out to see if the thing’s locked or not as he arrives, since it would be fairly embarrassing under the circumstances to ask someone to pick a lock that isn’t locked.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash pulled on the ring but the door was locked tight and didn’t move.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin moved toward the gates to get his eyes on the foes with guns and began singing a song mocking there aim.

“Who would think
Your aim would stink
I guess we all
Know how you’ll fall
If you don’t drop
your gear and belly flop.”

OOC:
Move – as on Roll20
Standard – Start Mockery Bardic Performance – -3 to Hit and Damage rolls

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Name | Init | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bharash 27 x x x x
Talin 26 x x x x
Deacon 20 x x x x
Belie 15 x x x x
Vogh 11 x x x ?
Bad Guys 9 x x x x
Julia 7 x x x ?

Still Round 4:

Belie flattened himself against the wall as Deacon and Yaeshla’s blue cackling magic lashed out at the swarms of rats and ratmen shooting at them. His short hair stood on end, as did Julia’s, from the power in the air as the smell of burned, moist fur stole the breath from him for a moment.

Without even enacting the magic of his boots, Belie rushed forward. He moved around Talin and was awkwardly going to have to move around both women. Trying to judge whether back to front, or front to front was less strange he opted for front to front in order to avoid falling in the muck.

OOC: He can’t run, so double moved with increased Acrobatics DC which he made (rolled in roll20) and only got to Julia, so he’s still in motion to pass the ladies and reach Bharash.

Either Deacon killed both the ratmen which were in the line of the sizzling energy, or they fled back down the tunnel from whence they came as neither fired on the group. The other two fired and then ducked behind cover to protect them from being fried too. Despite the deafening explosions, no harm was done. Deacon felt the concussion of the blasts, then was peppered by a few shards of shattered stone, noting that one of the projectiles embedded itself a mere foot away from his head.

Another thud echoed against the stone wall, those nearest the magically created barrier noticed cracks starting to form in the rock. Rats came sqeeking forward, still falling all over themselves, falling in the water and climbing back up in a mad rush. Only one side of the sewer was choked with the vermin, Deacon’s destruction having cleared out his entire side. Still, the tiny snapping maws were closing on Talin.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
OOC DM EDIT: This will not happen until Round 5 when it’s Deacon’s turn. I will cut/paste this post. So Vogh and Julia still need to act in Round 4, and then Round 5 is ready to start.

Another dimensional crack appeared near Deacon and he stepped through it again and was back on the other side of the sewage this time.

He raised the Staff of Yaeshla and called from it lightning with a bolt of bluish white coming from the staff and traveling 120′ down striking ratman and rat alike. The horrid stench of burned fur rose in its wake.

OOC:

Move Action: Spend 1 Arcane Point and Dimensional Slide to the other side.
Standard Action: Use Staff of Yaeshla to cast Lightning Bolt

11:45, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 40 using 10d6. Heigthened (5th) Lightning Bolt. (DC 17 Reflex for half)

Arcane Pool: 4
Staff has 7 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Locate Object

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh didn’t have much she could do since the ledge was so small and she really didn’t want to get into the water. It looked disgusting, not to mention two dead ratmen just bobbing up and down with the concussions of the lightning blast and shots from the weapons. She put her hand into her pack and called up her masterwork lockpicks. She hadn’t used them in so long she hoped she remembered how. Vogh then moved to the other side of Bharash and attempted to pick the lock.

Her rustiness was quite obvious as the stress from the situation and her lack of continued training failed her.

Move to the door and pick it rolled a 12 for the picking of the lock.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Wishing that she could do something besides just moving Julia curses her luck. Sure she could cast a spell to aid the others but it might not last long enough for the battle. So, she just moved up close to Bharash and waited with her crossbow at the ready in case something came at them besides a swarm of rats.

Move up 30ft to Bharash

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Name | Init | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bharash 27 x x x x ?
Talin 26 x x x x x
Deacon 20 x x x x x
Belie 15 x x x x x
Vogh 11 x x x x ?
Bad Guys 9 x x x x ?
Julia 7 x x x x ?

Top of Round 5:

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin made a mental note to add at least one spell to his repertoire that would handle swarms, but for now, he stopped his singing and moved back with the others, hopefully Deacon had this pack of rats under control.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“No pressure or anything, but we could really do with that for being open sometime soon.” Bharash observes as he watches chaos developing in the passage and listens to the wall of stone next to them crumbling… Before dropping to one knee and hauling the dead ratman up to where he can roughly and unhappily pat the sodden, fetid cadaver down for keys.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Another dimensional crack appeared near Deacon and he stepped through it again and was back on the other side of the sewage this time.

He raised the Staff of Yaeshla and called from it lightning with a bolt of bluish white coming from the staff and traveling 120′ down striking ratman and rat alike. The horrid stench of burned fur rose in its wake.

OOC:

Move Action: Spend 1 Arcane Point and Dimensional Slide to the other side.
Standard Action: Use Staff of Yaeshla to cast Lightning Bolt

11:45, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 40 using 10d6. Heigthened (5th) Lightning Bolt. (DC 17 Reflex for half)

Arcane Pool: 4
Staff has 7 charges now

SPELLS PREPARED:

0: 4
1: 4 + 2
2: 4 + 2
3: 4 + 2
4: 3 + 1
5: 2 + 1
6: 1 + 1

0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Poison
1: Grease, Shield, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Feather Fall, Ray of
Enfeeblement
2: Splinter Spell Resistance, Locate Object,
Admonishing Ray, Admonishing Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray
3: Gloomblind Bolts, Gloomblind Bolts, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III,
Haste, Locate Object
4: Summon Monster IV, Summon Monster IV, Evard’s Black Tentacles,
Mage Armor II
5: Stone Wall, Teleport, Teleport
6: Summon Monster VI, Disintegrate

SPELLS IN EFFECT:

Mage Armor II
Locate Object

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Thankful for the arcane blasting power of Deacon, Belie squeezed around his friends. All of them flattened against the wall to allow him passage to reach the door. He searched for, and found a simple trap which seemed to trigger an alarm. A simple wire cut seemed to disable the rather simple device.

ooc: I think move, search & disable is enough for 1 move. So I can’t pick the lock until the next round.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Deacon’s lightning illuminated the entire sewer beyond even what the bards’ dancing lights were. Pale blue flashed like a storm beneath ground. The clap of thunder from the charged air echoed like another shot from the ratmen. A smell no one could describe stole everyone’s breath. Like a thousand wet dogs all doused in alchemist fire and set to burn, the rats died by the hundreds. Bodies choked the sewer flow, blackening the water to the point it was difficult to tell the difference between stone and rat littered sewer except for the slight bobbing and jostling of the floating carcases.

Vogh & Julia can go. No BG action will come this round.

As the group all gathered near the door, another shuddering of Deacon’s stone wall was all that interrupted the still silence after the powerful spell. More cracks were forming along the stone’s length. No shots came from the tunnel farther down. Either the ratmen had died, fled, or were simply cowering in fear for their lives.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh tried once more with her picklock tool and even though she thought she might have had it it still didn’t pop open. “Okay, I can’t get this one. It is far more tougher than I can do. Belie it’s up to you now.” Vogh said quickly and moved to give the rogue some room.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia could smell the burnt rat fur and sulfur in the sewer and it was almost enough to make her gag. She held her food in though and after the second lightning crack went out she said facing Deacon, “Well done. I bet Yaeshla feels much better having released some of that energy she was wanting to do. Am I right Yaeshla?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Top of round 6:

“YEEEES!!!” Julia heard the jubilant response from the staff. “Die rodent filth!”

Deacon felt Yaeshla vibrate in joy at being used. “I was built for battle Miss Julia! Defeating evil is my life’s purpose.”

No enemies remained. Rat bodies were floating away from the group as the keen eyes of the Callings members scanned everywhere, expecting attack.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Finding nothing on the body, Bharash grimaces and brushes his hands together in an attempt to clean off the… ‘substances’ from his gauntlets, then rises to draw in a deep breath and below, resoundingly “Hey! Is there any chance we can talk about this?”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin waited for the door to be opened. He considered his options, but decided it was better to save his efforts for now. As soon as the door was opened he would make sure Vogh entered and then would follow close behind.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie pulled a lock pick set from his magical pocket that made Voghs look like a child’s play things, so many tools and pieces did his leather rolled kit contain.

He set at the lock with nimble fingers, one rake, then a snake, a second L rake and finally a medium hook and half-diamond pick were in the complicated lock.

“This had to of been expensive.” The rogue remarked with a half grin to Vogh. “But they should have spent more.” He chuckled, pulling on the ring and partially opening the door. With the door ajar, he carefully extracted each delicate tool and replaced them in their assigned slots on the leather roll to then be tied and replaced inside that magical pocket.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Name | Init | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bharash 27 x x x x x ? (talked & defiled a body)
Talin 26 x x x x x x (wait)
Deacon 20 x x x x x x (talk)
Julia 7 x x x x x x (talk)
Belie 15 x x x x x x (opened door)
Vogh 11 x x x x x x
Bad Guys 9 x x x x x ?

Vogh’s turn

Round 6:

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“I can’t agree with you more Belie! I tried but couldn’t get it. I may have to do some training with you another time to see if I can’t become a little more proficient.” Vogh said as she moved past Belie and through the door.

Vogh will reach out with her mind as she moved to see if there was anything living inside.

I am not getting the X’s, Talin has 6 and should have 4 with a ? because he needs to fill in his post. Belie used his 5th round to unlock the door. Everyone else should be good except adding an X for Vogh and Julia when she goes. Then round 6.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon moves back to the others but keeps an eye on his wall of stone.

“It won’t hold much longer,” he commented.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Through the locked door, a set of steps – clearly of newer construction than the sewer – lead down to what looked to be a room opening at the landing. It was hard to see, as it seemed some kind of smoke hung in the air obscuring normal and dark vision due to the thick nature of the smog.

Vogh sensed at least a dozen more ratmen down in this room, nearly to the edge of her senses. None were moving, all were of average, or below, intelligence.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia stood beside Deacon now waiting for a direction to go. When Belie unlocked the door and Vogh followed by Talin moved inside she too was ready to go as well but since she didn’t know what was there she stood and waited for Bharash, Belie, and Deacon to enter.

Julia will wait till Deacon enters. Can you move her Init to after Deacon, please? It will make it easier to post for us all as well.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As Vogh moved onto the stairs a bit she immediately sensed the ratmen below. In the minds of the others, she said, “There are at least 12 ratmen below. Nothing special about them and they may not know we got the door open. Though I don’t know if there are any traps I think Bharash can just head down. Talin can you take up the rear?”

Vogh will wait for Bharash and Belie before heading down.

GM told me to tell you we are at the top of the order and you all can post.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin nodded and waited to make sure the others made it in the doorway before following them down the stairs. He debated drawing his sword but readied his bow instead. By the time he would make it downstairs, any nearby ratmen would be dead.

OOC: Holding for now as directed by Vogh and readying my bow.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon shook his head as the others were heading through the door pointing to the wall of stone and the cracks that were forming in it, “We would be rather foolish to leave this unresolved and them at our backs.”

===========================================================

Back to Chapter 6 : Lair of Dreams : Part 1 | Next to Chapter 6 : Part 3

Submit Homebrew Content for this Item