Back to Chapter 6 : Part 5 | Next to Chapter 6 : Lair of Dreams : Part 7

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Top Of Round 1

Name#Sp123456Vogh26xxDeacon22xBelie20xBharash17xTalin16xxBG8-Julia4x

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh could still sense Gavele in front of her and after a quick thought, she remembered that she could use a certain spell to reveal the tiefling.  As she finished her spell a flickering red fire bursts in the area she intended. Gavele and the ratmen in the area are outlined in flame, the ratmen more intensely than Gavele with her innate resistance shielding her from the pain.  “I see you Gavele!  Bharash and Belie, get her!  There is a little demon behind Belie and too my left.”

Cast Heartfire (red circle on roll20) everyone in the area needs to make a fort save DC17 or take 4 points of damage.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon couldn’t see the quasit and had nothing that could automatically reveal it either so he decided to strike what he could see which was the ratman that was on the ugly mole thing hanging on the ceiling.  “Julia concentrate on the one I shot with your crossbow!”

Cast lightning bolt from Yaeshla reflex DC17 to take half if the 36 damage.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin heard Vogh’s words but he had ratmen before him that needed killing so he stepped over one he killed and slashed his blade at the three ratmen before him.  SolarSong was already bloody and seemed to bathe in the blood as it easily cut down three more ratmen with ease.

Hit AC38 for 40, AC41 for 43, AC28 for 42.
20:52, Today: Talin rolled 38,40,41,43,28,42 using d20+26,6d6+15,d20+26,6d6+15,d20+21,6d6+15.  hasted attack.
With Talin’s song remember all the enemies are at -3 to attack and damage.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Presumably the ratman that Bharash struck reacts in some fashion, hopefully by falling down or emitting a cry in the vein of ‘ouch’, but one way or another the large Dragonborn shoulders his way forwards, blades spinning to slap across muzzles and the backs of heads, to deflect weapons and send scattered rodent soldiers to the ground, clutching parts of themselves broken, battered or concussed – even lunging to pick one of them up by the scruff in his jaws and shake them senseless before tossing them aside!

All in all, it looks as though someone with a conscience and a decided mean streak decided to scale up ratting as a spectator sport.

Edit: Belie goes before Bharash, and if Belie fails to cut down the Tiefling then Bharash will have to direct some affection their way. Also, apparently there’s a flame effect on again, 2D6?

Bharash will 5′ step into the melee when the first rat goes down and proceed to lay about himself, knocking out as many of the defenders as possible until he runs out of attacks, or out of rats.

To hit   Damage
33       25
29       22
31       23
28       24
28       19
32/25    24/48
24       24
34       18

19:46, Today: Bharash rolled 12 using 1d20.  Critical threat.
19:41, Today: Bharash rolled 4 using 1d4 with rolls of 4.
19:41, Today: Bharash rolled 33 using 7d8 with rolls of 7,4,5,6,1,6,4.
19:41, Today: Bharash rolled 90 using 8d20 with rolls of 10,6,8,10,10,19,11,16.  Full hasted attack followed by a bite.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In a matter of seconds, the group lay waste to everything on the rooftop. Twelve ratmen and the tiefling all lay dead on the uneaven floor. Deacon blasted out a lightning bolt at the rat on his weird mount that the group had faced before.

The ratman and his mole dodged to the side, scampering across the cavern ceiling, missing part of Deacon’s lightning blast. (37/2 = 18dmg to each)

“KNOCK IT DOWN!!!” The same ratman bellowed, which was followed by two of the brutish ratmen rushing into the room beneath the Calling’s feet. All of them felt the ground shake as wood supports splintered and the roof caved in, dropping them to the room below. (Reflex Save DC 15 or fall prone.)

Both of the brutes took damage from falling rock, and all of the bodies lifelessly fell down from the ceiling as well. The rooms they fell into had crumbling walls (None of those walls are full height or completely standing anymore) and appeared to be larger than the roof they had been standing on. It seemed the building interior went deeper into the collapsed part of the cavern than had been excavated.

Neither of the rat-things seemed to care about the stones that hit them, acting nearly mindlessly, with chaositech looking implants on the sides of their necks, plates of armor woven into their fur.

Still in the air, both ratmen on their moles opened fire with large dragon rifles. The one who had been blasted by Deacon’s lightning had the rifle jam on him, he cursed in his own language and threw the rifle down to the ground below him.

Two huge rats rushed into the room, slobbering as they slashed and attacked Talin and Vogh, but couldn’t harm either bard.

Moments later the outter wall shook with the force of battering rams smashing against it. Vogh couldn’t sense either of the constructs, as they were mindless, but the group had seen them from atop the building. It seemed the duo of magic things had been told to smash down the walls. Dust floated in the air from old mortar and stone being crushed under powerful blows.

Julie can go, then top of round.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia barely held her footing as the roof fell down and dust erupted all about them.  Coughing slightly she began to hear the pounding on the wall in front of her.  She knew that more enemies were just on the other side of that wall and once it came down they would face all of those ratmen again.  So, she said a prayer to Lothian which would aid her friends in battle and lessen the chances that they would be injured by any attacks as well.

Cast Prayer +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.

So now the total bonus for us is +8 to hit and +7 damage plus the 2d6 fire damage.
+5 to saves except for reflex which is +7
Also enemies are at -4 to attack and damage.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh not only felt the collapse but she expected it after hearing the ratman call out for it.  She readied herself for the fall and with bent knees, she cushioned herself well.  As she stood she was immediately confronted by the large rat fending off claws and teeth alike with practiced ease.  She then turned the attack quickly on the large rat with a skilled slice of Serenity which dug into the rat deep.  If it killed the rat she would turn slightly to hit the large ratman that had taken out the pillar holding up the roof.

Hit AC37 (crit check of NAT 20 for 54 damage, AC34 for 32, and lastly AC24 for 34.
20:46, Today: Vogh rolled 37,26,3,34,27,5,24,24,10 using d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6.
20:47, Today: Vogh rolled 40,25 using d20+20,d8+22.  crit check.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Except of course for those ratkin around Bharash, most of whom are going to wake up some hours from now nursing broken limbs, stinking headaches and the definite sense that they had an extremely narrow escape… Or at least they will if they survive the conflict erupting around them.

Landing heavily, it’s only the magic on his person that enables Bharash to turn his sudden plummet into a more or less graceful three-point landing, but when he rises out of it it’s to spit dust (and ratfolk fur-grease) out of his mouth with an air of disgust before turning on the pair of larger rats behind him…
…and with the one obviously a beast and the other obviously an implanted berserker, he makes no effort at all to hold his blows, instead leaping into the air with both blades whirling across the first target, shoulder to hip in rapid succession before both sweep up and strike down on the second and dance together to lunge back towards the first – several of which strikes are thrown off by the shifting nature of the ground beneath them…

…and one of which somehow results in his twisting his wrist when he should have drawn it back, leaving him holding a short stump in his hand as the massively enchanted, gods-blessed sword of burnished steel in his main hand snaps off cleanly, leaving him to rumble a rueful “Oh.”

I cocked up so many of those rolls. Okay. Bharash starts in on the big sod and tries to put him down, hard. Then the smaller fellow. He then takes a 5′ NW towards the partial cover of the low walls.

To Hit   Damage  Evil
1       -       -
45/45    20/60
35       19      9
1       -       -
25       20
24       23      7
34/29    26/78   

16:04, Today: Bharash rolled 12 using 2d20 with rolls of 1,11.  Pratfall time.

18:55, Today: Bharash rolled 30 using 2d20 with rolls of 18,12.  For crying out loud, critical threat(s).
18:54, Today: Bharash rolled 8,7 using 2d6,2d6.  Fire and holy.
18:51, Today: Bharash rolled 9,9,8 using 2d6,2d6,2d6.
18:50, Today: Bharash rolled 21 using 7d8 with rolls of 2,2,1,1,2,5,8.
18:50, Today: Bharash rolled 58 using 7d20 with rolls of 1,18,8,1,3,7,20.  Full hasted attack.
18:47, Today: Bharash rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Reflex save.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
The lightning bolt did wonders against the ratman and mole mount.  Deacon smiled as the ratman threw his weapon down to the floor.  As the dust settled Deacon looked up to see if he could still see the ratman on the mole.  He saw him easily enough over the walls.  He looked to the south and saw the other advancing as well.  Deacon took aim at the other hoping to get that one to drop his weapon as well and as dark bolts form in his hands he shoots his arm forward sending two bolts heading for the ratman/mole on the bottom.

Reflex save DC20 to not be blind for a round.  Hit ranged touch AC23 for 20, AC33 for 11 no save vs dam.
13:09, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 23,20,33,11 using d20+16,4d6,d20+16,4d6.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin was ready for the roof’s cave-in and so had no problem keeping his feet.  Once he was on solid ground again and the large rat attacked him, he didn’t even need to defend with SolarSong as the thing tried to claw his armor.  The celestial armor much more protective than the breastplate he had before.  It was Talin’s turn now and so he cut into the rat with abandon, slicing this way and that.  If he could hit the large ratbrute he would as well.  “Belie, good work on the brute!!”

Hit AC29 for 35, AC28 for 31, AC27 for 35
13:15, Today: Talin rolled 29,35,28,31,27,35 using d20+26,6d6+15,d20+26,6d6+15,d20+21,6d6+15.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie floats down like Bharash, both having the same magic ring on their fingers. Touching down lightly he pivots to stab the big brutes that Talin unleashed hell upon, only to find SolarSong’s big swing had killed both the beasts. Not one to square up in a fair fight, the rogue rolled right over the top of one corpse to land nimbly on his feet and snatched up two daggers. Immediately the rogue tossed them (readied action) when almost a dozen ratmen charged through the room and went to attack his friends. One dagger found its mark while the other stabbed into the doorframe. Unfortunately the blade was not enough to fell the beast struck.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Ten of the ratmen streamed into the room, forced to charge by the bigger beasts outside. One of them managed to score a small strike through Bharash’s defenses (8 dmg). Five were attacking Bharash, and five on Talin. Two were behind their three comrads, aiding them with distractions and stabs.

Above the mounted ratmen hollered and scratched at its own eyes, bewildered by its own blindness then it was blasted with Deacon’s magic. Were it not for the straps to hold him in the saddle, he would have fallen from his perch but he yet remained alive.

Again the wall shook with powerful blows and bricks flew into the room, showering everyone with dust and debris. The constructs continued to hammer away at the wall and would likely drop it in moments.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia leveled her crossbow at the ratman that Deacon had just shot with black rays.  She would ask him what those were when they had time later.  She was hastened in her movement as well and managed to shoot three bolts at the blind ratman.  All three bolts struck their target impaling the ratman above.

Hit AC27 for 39, AC36 for 33, AC35 for 30
08:05, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 27,21,10,8,36,19,11,3,35,16,10,4 using d20+23,d10+12,2d6,2d6,d20+23,d10+12,2d6,2d6,d20+18,d10+12,2d6,2d6.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh will move to assist Talin with killing the ratmen that just entered.  She swiped Serenity across the gut of the one in front of her killing it dead.  “I got this one you get the others!”  She said to Talin aloud.

15:11, Today: Vogh rolled 25,25,11 using d20+20,d8+22,2d6.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
So many targets Deacon could choose from but he decided to stick to the one he had hit with the lightning bolt thinking it was probably close to dying.  He cast magic missile hoping to finish it off.

15:15, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 17 using 5d4+5 ((1,2,4,3,2)).  magic missile.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Julie absolutely murderizes the one ratman, bolts stabbing through it’s body like a harpoon through a one inch fish. Again, the leather straps held it in the saddle, upside down. Deacon snuffs the life out of the other. Unfortunately the weakened leather snapped thanks to the lightning scoring and the body fell to the floor with a sickening splat of brains, blood and bile. Vogh shredded one ratman balls to bone, furthering the stain on her violent, violet swords.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Half-disarmed and feeling more than a little hard done by – and lacking any sort of backup weapon for reasons which are only now starting to strike him as wholly inadequate – Bharash continues to go on the offensive against the small band of ratfolk assailing him, his surviving sword slashing through the air and slapping against his enemies with resounding ‘clonk’ noises as an increasingly large pile of charred, concussed, but presumably still alive ratfolk build up at his feet.



To hit   Damage
35       19
39       23
31       21
31/22    23/69

16:30, Today: Bharash rolled 9 using 1d20.  Critical threat.
16:30, Today: Bharash rolled 5,8,4,8 using 2d6,2d6,2d6,2d6.
16:30, Today: Bharash rolled 12,1,16,5,13,3,18,5 using 1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–

18:44, Today: Talin rolled 44,43,33,39,39,41 using d20+26,6d6+15,d20+26,6d6+15,d20+21,6d6+15

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh and Talin hewed down ratmen between the two of them like lumberjacks felling trees. Then, even one handed, Bharash managed to slay 3 of the creatures. One was left before each of the group, and both tried to flee.

The one which fled through the door from the bards met a swift end as one of the big brutes took its head from its shoulders. Then Vogh caught the one fleeing Bharash’s blades with a back hand, and laid it low as well.

The floor around the group was completely littered with bodies. It would be hard to even step without slipping on blood, or tripping on a carkass. (DC 15 Acrobatics for any movement or fall prone. No charging or running allowed.)

One last smash brought the wall crumbling to the ground, and the friends had constructs and BIG ratmen to deal with! Each of the autonomatons stepped with the weight of a building, splattering bodies beneath them like grapes. They were large figures of stone, carved to look like humans in robes. However, rather than normal heads, they had translucent, smoky grey glass spheres atop their shoulders with some kind of smoke roiling inside the orb. As they swung powerful, stone fists at Vogh and Bharash, a magical effect washed over Vogh, Talin and Bharash. (DC 17 Will Save or be Slowed)

12:07, Today: Narrator GM, for the NPC Statues,

Vs Vogh:
Atk 42 for 14 dmg (almost critted! :D)
Atk 32 for 22

Vs Bharash:
Atk 27 for 25
Atk 27 for 24

After the magic flowed out from the statues, the other brutes moved around the engaged combatants to reach those at the back. With long legs they stepped over the crumbled wall and stayed near the remaining side walls to avoid those fighting the statues.

Huge, serrated swords swung and slashed at Belie, Deacon and Julia but none of the nasty blades found an opening in the friends’ defenses.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
Having very definitely rejected the sheath of living fire enveloping most of the rest of the party – in part because the damn’ thing’s hot and, more importantly because it overcharges his blows to the point where he can’t produce delicate, debilitating blows Bharash swings away from the statues, using his foot to kick a couple of rat-kin out of their way as he lashes out at the towering rodent warriors at his back instead, hacking and cutting with his solitary remaining sword as he growls angrily, casting off the attempt to disrupt his spell of speed.

And against these larger warriors… He’s not even trying to preserve their lives.

5′ step away from the statues, slapping the big rats behind me. And pocketing the shattered hilt of my sword to free a hand as I look around for anyone holding a blade I think I can use.

To Hit    Damage
36        24
47/42     26/78
35        24
26        19

23:55, Today: Bharash rolled 15 using 1d20.  Critical threat.
23:55, Today: Bharash rolled 9,6,20,8,13,6,9,1 using 1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8.
23:52, Today: Bharash rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Will save.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia was ready to shoot her crossbow at whatever came through the door next but when the whole of the wall came down and they were rushed by the large rats, she defended herself from the 3 large ratmen.  Knowing she couldn’t use her crossbow now, she began casting her rays to hit the top ratman.  She made sure to cast defensively so they wouldn’t be able to attack her while she cast.

Hit ranged touch AC30 with cast def 34 for 15 damage, AC36 CD33 for 8 damage, AC35 CD33 for 21 damage.  All 44 damage is force non-lethal damage.
07:17, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 30,34,15,36,33,8,35,33,21 using d20+19,d20+17,4d6,d20+19,d20+17,4d6,d20+19,d20+17,4d6.  Hit, CD, Damage.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
07:36, Today: Vogh rolled 29 using 1d20+15.  will save.

Vogh covered her eyes as the wall came tumbling down.  As the dust settled she was immediately on the defensive as the statue came out of the dust and attacked her.  Vogh expertly defended the powerful punches and called to Talin as she saw him slash at one of the ratmen trying to scoot by him.  “Attack the statue will you?  I will take the ratmen.”

Vogh turned and took a 5ft step toward the ratmen and attacked, slashing Serenity and Clamour through the ratman’s defenses.

Hit AC30 for 35, AC34 for 30, AC24 for 28, AC21 for 35
07:49, Today: Vogh rolled 30,28,7,34,24,6,24,26,2,21,26,9 using d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon defended himself from the blows of the ratman before him and then as his friends began to cut through them he decided that casting any spell wouldn’t be fruitful at this time.  Instead, he slapped Yaeshla against the thing hoping to at least injure it.

Hit AC25 for 16, AC17 for 17  goes to show you how good of a fighter he is hahahaha
07:59, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 25,14,2,17,14,3 using d20+14,d6+10,2d6,d20+14,d6+10,2d6.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin acknowledged Vogh even as he sliced the ratman(#1) that passed him.  “Just kill them then my love!”
08:06, Today: Talin rolled 29,35 using d20+26,4d6+15.  AoO.

Talin then switched positions with Vogh and adjusted the angle of SolarSong as he slapped the flat of the blade hard against the statue 3 consecutive times.

Hit AC41 for 26, AC44 for 34, AC24 for 28 all bludgeon damage
08:05, Today: Talin rolled 41,26,44,34,24,28 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15.  bludgeon damage.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–

Name#Sp123456Vogh26xxxxDeacon22xxxxBelie20xxxxBharash17xxxxTalin16xxxxBG8-xxxJulia4xxx?

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie steppd up opposite the one Vogh was attacking to cause the most damage, seeing the one Talin hit was already injured. He stabbed once with his magical rapier, then surprised the brute didn’t die immediately, he stabbed again. Their concerted efforts dropped the brute to the ground in death.

Belie rolled 35,29 using 1d20+17,7d6+4 ((18,3,4,3,5,5,1,4)).
Belie rolled 21,31 using 1d20+12,7d6+4 ((9,3,1,6,6,5,2,4)).

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash cut through the spinal cord of the brute, causing it to drop to the ground in death throes and screams of agony. Belie and Vogh killed the one between them. Julie blasted away at the slavering beast nearing her, but failed to kill it. Each blast seemed to slow the creature, but it plodded forward with drool dripping from its toothed maw. Atypical for a wizard Deacon apparently decided to become a bow-staff fighting monk and smacked the one brute facing him, which didn’t seem to deter the hulking, bipedal rat from trying to cut him in half. The wizard barely avoided a critical hit, Yeshla helping him block the blade but it still cut into his elven flesh. (Nat 20. NPC Ratmen, rolled 11 for damage) A second swing found it’s mark as well, again narrowly avoiding critically wounding him! (Two Nat 20’s on Deacon! HAHA! NPC Ratmen, rolled 8 dmg)

Talin’s blade smacked against the stone creature’s humanoid looking body. He figured he was doing some damage, but wasn’t entirely sure how much. Both statues pressed their attacks, one against Bharash and the other against Talin.

NPC Statues, rolled
Atk Dmg
Bharash
29,25
42,18 (If a 36 hits Bharsh, then that’s a crit for 36 dmg)
Talin
32,21
28,22

[Private to GM: Talin Hit AC41 for 26
AC44 for 34
AC24 for 28
08:05, Today: Talin rolled 41,26,44,34,24,28 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15.
]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“You’d think one of these assholes had a sword…” Bharash states gruffly, apparently failing to find anything even slightly martial as he wrenches his sword out of the body of the rat-kin he’s just carved open, only to be slammed against the wall in front of him by the massive, heavy-handed blow of the statue at his back which leaves him staggered and staggering – but the majority of which is taken on his armour*.

He turns with a low growl and moves into the reach of the massive statue, ducking under its right arm and hacking down with the sort of short, punchy hammer-blows that make best use of his mass and motion, looking to shatter the knee and thigh of the enormous stone warrior and bring it down in a crashing heap – aiming for the empty spot behind him, to minimise the harm to the snoozing ratfolk he’s been slapping around.

* Not a critical only because of Haste. Good thing I made that saving throw!

Bharash steps back towards the statue and proceeds to absolutely wreck its shit… If it has DR10, I think he does like, a hundred fifty damage to it. If it dies, leftover attacks go to the other one.

To hit   Damage
38       25
45/34    26/78
41/41    24/72
31       21

19:09, Today: Bharash rolled 26 using 2d20 with rolls of 7,19.  Critical threat (properly).
19:09, Today: Bharash rolled 11,7,18,8,19,6,14,3 using 1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia defended against the ratman as it attacked her again.  She set herself and cast her spell again hoping to finish off the ratman.  “Die already, you beast!”

Hit AC25 CD29 for 19, AC39 CD33 for 11, AC33 CD30 for 11 total of 41 damage.
15:06, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 25,29,19,39,33,11,33,30,11 using d20+19,d20+17,4d6,d20+19,d20+17,4d6,d20+19,d20+17,4d6.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
These ratmen were a tougher lot than the smaller ones and as the ratman finally fell after all her attacks she smiled.  Defending the attacks of the other ratman she counter-attacked.  On her first strike she almost lost grip of Serenity but she maintained her grip but lost the attack.

Her next strike though got through the defenses of the beast.

Almost crit fail.. hit AC31 FOR 33, AC27 FOR 30, AC23 FOR 30.
15:26, Today: Vogh rolled 39 using 1d20+20.
15:24, Today: Vogh rolled 21,26,7,31,30,3,27,24,6,23,25,5 using d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
SolarSong worked hard deflecting the heavy blows of the statue and after its two strikes not a mark was on Talin.  Talin grew confident that he would finish it off with a scratch on him.

Hit AC39 for 39, AC33 for 29, AC35 for 25 damage.
15:59, Today: Talin rolled 39,35,33,29,35,25 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon was surprised that he actually hit the ratman before him so he dared another attack.

Hit AC33 for 23, AC15 for 19 damage.
16:09, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 21 using 1d20+14.
16:09, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 33,13,10,15,12,7 using d20+14,d6+10,2d6,d20+14,d6+10,2d6

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie jumped and flitted among the dead bodies, across the room and in front of the last ratman standing. (Belie rolled 27 Acrobatics) Here he could flank the brute with Julia across from him, and protect Bharash’s flank – not that the berzerker needed any aid. He stabbed once, twice, taking a lung from the brute with each poke and it wheezed in death as it toppled.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
NPC Statue, rolled 30,21,36,18. +22 on those statues and somehow I still cant hit you. Shrug.

The statue was badly damaged by Talin’s attacks and clumsily missed him with both swings. The bard and Bharash were easily able to finish it off, the shattered stone collapsing to the floor amongst all the other rubble, blood and gore.

Everyone had bodily fluids on their boots and clothes from being in the murder room. Almost two dozen corpses lay among the collapsed ceiling and wall and two destroyed golems.

We’re top of round but off combat

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Aithyas!” Bharash curses as the statue goes down, glaring again at the stump of his sword – now tucked through a belt-loop – before he turns and uses his gauntleted hand to wrench the broken blade out of the ratman it snapped off in, giving the length of warped steel a hard look before setting it aside and taking a moment to check over the assorted ratfolk in the heap, pulling the ones he knocked out off to one side and looking for a decent heavy blade anywhere in the mess, one he can use in the interim.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Nothing of value was found on any of the rat creatures, except their big weapons and shoddy armor. However, on the tiefling woman the group found masterwork studded leather armor, masterwork rapier, a magical composite shortbow [Private to GM: roguefriend champion detecting (+1)] that seemed to nearly call to Belie, boots of striding and springing, masterwork thieves’ tools, a cracked bell amulet
in her boot and loose coins to the tune of 4 gp, 15 sp, 6 cp.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
As Bharash had started sifting through the bodies looking for a blade to use till hi own blade could be fixed, Deacon cast a spell so he could detect magic.

“Yaeshla, well done.  It seems that you work a lot better for me than my last quarter staff.  Though that is to be expected from someone so powerful as yourself.”

Deacon the said to Bharash, “I should be able to fix your blade when we return to the surface, though I will need to purchase a powerful spell to do so.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Big and choppy is very much what Bharash is looking for just now, and between lifting unconscious and groaning ratkin out of the heap of battered foes at his feet he gathers several of the weapons the larger enemies were using together and experimentally brandishes then, looking to get a feel for whether any of them are the least bit useful.

“That’s something, although at this point I’m thinking very seriously about investing in a pair of adamantine blades… Every bastard and their dog down here seems to have golems on-staff.” Bharash answers, before snorting and adding “Not that I’ll have the money for that any time soon. And here was I thinking dungeoneering was supposed to be profitable!”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie frowned at Bharash’s temper but understood his frustration. Had Belie’s own Rapier been broken he would have been inconsolable. “Cheer up though my friend, Deacon said he can fix it!”

The rogue felt bad, running mentally through his list of inventory he realized he didn’t even have another sword for Bharash to use.

He looked at the bow which the tiefling had been holding. Turning to the bards he asked, “This bow seems very interesting… I hear you say it’s magical upon inspection, but why would it hold such a pull on me? I feel almost like I’m supposed to pick it up, and that makes me very nervous. Is it casting a spell on me?”

OOC: How does it work to determine special qualities of a magical weapon you’ve never seen or heard of before?

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“I would have to study the bow for a little bit and then I could possibly tell you why you are being called by it so.”  Deacon commented as he looked at the bow on the body of the teifling.  Deacon had pointed out all the other stuff that was magical as well… which wasn’t much.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had been weeding through the blood and gore of the killed ratmen trying to find anything of value whether it coin bags or weapons or potions… anything.

“So, we killed quite a few of the ratmen here.  I think while our spells are active we should check out more of the structure.”

Talin seemed to agree as he shook his head as well.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Unlike the first cavern they entered, this chamber seems to have been excavated from the area between the burried tower and the ancient structure which they just fought inside that was barely standing any longer. The excavation is clearly incomplete, with loose stones, bits of wood and even some tool lying about the area.

As they left the building they could now discern why the interior was larger than the roof where they stood. Like the rest of the chamber this building had been excavated and the building had been reinfoced. The door into the structure had been new, but was now laying among the bodies and debris. Garbage and ratman filth lay all about the rear of the building, likely a bedding area for some of the creatures.

Directly beyond the building was a short tunnel which also looked to have been excavated and led to a larger room beyond. Two hallways on either side of the room seemed to be worked stone, one was much larger than the other.

Looking over the blades, there is a mix of short swords, long swords and bastard swords. All of them are rusted, nicked, some serrated, but all are of sub-par quality and could even break with Bharash’s incredible strength.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
“Before we move anywhere, does anyone need any healing?”  Julia asked since there was no way to know, with how chaotic the battle was, if anyone had gotten injured.

If no one was badly hurt she would suggest heading up to the tunnel north of her.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash, in truth sounds more exasperated than angry… But then, a degree of fine control over his anger seems to be a part of the process he puts into action when he calls upon his shadow-blood heritage, aiming for more of a controlled state of ecstatic clarity rather than mere frothing rage.

One way or another, he’s being gentle enough as he pulls ratkin survivors out of the pile and drops them – more or less gently – off to one side as he looks for weapons, coming up in the end with a half-dozen assorted bastard swords and longswords, several of which he swings around for a bit before deciding that ‘they’ll do’ and looking to gather up scabbards for them, figuring to sling them in a bundle at his back and just discard the ones that break as they fail.

“I’m sort of battered, but I’ve been worse.” he states, using some scraps of fabric and leather to wrap the twisted, broken blade of his original sword so that he can stow it.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Since no one else responded but Bharash, Julia didn’t waste one of her healing blasts.  Instead, she came over and touched Bharash lightly on the arm, “Lothian protect you!”  She said as healing energy swept into Bharash once again.  She could see some of the wounds already begin to close up and smiled at him warmly.  “That should help some I hope.  Did you all decide which way we are heading next?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“I think anywhere is a good start.  If you want to head that way,”  Vogh pointed to the direction Julia had mentioned, “then that way sounds good enough for me.”  With Bharash healed and more than a few swords taken from the bodies, Vogh moved towards the tunnel Julia wanted to go.

Vogh reached out with her mind looking for the quasit and anything else that might be close.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Any way is as good as any,” Talin comments as he too began to move towards the northern tunnel.  “Belie why don’t you head to the front.”  Talin had watched Bharash pick up more than a few blades and also tucked his broken one away, “Think you have enough now, Bharash.  Let’s go before all of our beneficial spells wear off.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon had been having a tough time seeing everyone’s lips as they spoke aloud but he got the picture as they all began to move towards the northern tunnel.  He got himself through the rubble and onto the clear ground once more and made sure to put himself in a defensible position and waited to push into the hall.  “Ready when you all are!”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie moved forward slowly, checking the floor and ceiling for anything that might do them harm. Thankfully he found nothing nefarious.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Water from a natural underground river to the northeast flowed into this room and down into a thirty-foot-wide pit. This chamber seemed to be a natural formation but the pit was certainly man-made, lined with masonry stone of ancient creation.

The room and pit were covered in dark, slippery slime. The pit measured eighty feet deep with the bottom filled with water. Despite the inflow from the river, the pit wasn’t filling.

A steep ramp ten feet wide sloped down into the pit on its western side. The slope was particularly slick.

anyone on the ramp must make a Balance check (DC 20) to avoid slipping down into the pit.

Opposite the river was a new, wooden door.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The door was unlocked and untrapped. The large room west of the watery pit seem to have served as a lair for ratbrutes. In its northwest corner the inhabitants had made beds for themselves of old straw and strips of cloth and rags. Spread out next to them are odd collections of things: string, shiny stones, teeth, bits of fur, a copper coin, and so on. Another door exited the room which likely opened into the tunnel that exited the north side of the big chamber where they battled.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As Belie declared the floor safe to walk on Vogh continued to follow him into the chamber with the pit.  “Now, this is strange?  I wonder if they get their water from this like a well above?”  Vogh had mentioned as she looked over the edge and took a sniff, smelling the air for anything that might tell her if it were a waste pit or a normal well for drinking.  The ramp was a weird thing to her and didn’t make much sense as to its purpose.

Moving over to where the ramp was she looked for tracks or something that could lend her an idea of what it was for before they had moved on to the next room.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Well, presumably healed… As is usually the case, healing energy that’d put half a dozen men back on their feet soaks into the big dragonborn like a stick into water but he doesn’t seem to be complaining any more, so that’s something*

He offers a thankful nod anyway, offering the priestess a warm “Someone ought to, I don’t seem to do a good job of it.” before checking over the downed ratkin one last time, making sure that the injured, unconscious ones are left in a heap out of the way and the dead are definitely that and then moves up to join the group, his old off-hand sword in his main hand now, and one of the captured longswords in the other.

“Huh, the ratfolk laired here, so odds are against something with tentacles in the water… Which would be a nice change.” he observes as they wait on Belie’s check and then moves forward to serve as ambulatory hard cover for the spellcasters behind him.

* You forgot to actually mention how much healing there was.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group moved cautiously from the large cavern they first entered beyond the tower to the natural stone walls and semi-circular room with the river and hole. There was a lot of foot traffic. Boot covered feet, some hooves, ratmen clawed feet, all over lapping and criscrossing. There were way too many tracks to discern frequency or age or anything. There were no cart tracks indicating wagons or any vehicles. The smell was not terrible compared to what they had been experiencing. King of like a wet rat mixed with a little sulphur.

They saw a door at the end of a long tunnel, and also discovered the dwarf’s room which he had mentioned.  This small chamber sat southeast of the ratbrutes’ room. There was a wooden bed, a chest of drawers, a large, locked iron box, and an opentopped wooden box.

The chest of drawers and the wooden box contained clothing and personal items, most rather worthless. Belie easily found a small poisoined arrow trap, disabled it and opened the locked iron box. The box containd a collection of fancy snuff bottles worth several hundred gold likely [Private to GM: 500 gp], a scroll of cure light wounds, bless, and divine favor, 10 gp worth of snuff, and a silk bag with 532 gp and 111 sp.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
They quickly went through the dwarf’s room once Belie had the trap disabled and the iron box picked.  Returning to the hallway they pushed towards the door at the end of the hall.

“Hopefully, we will find some clue about all of this, but for now let’s keep pushing on till we meet any resistance,”  Vogh said to the others as they came up to the door.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The huge chamber on the northwest side of the temple seemed newly built, with masonry walls and a vaulted ceiling that reached a height of fifty feet in the center and easily twenty near the walls.

Painted and chiseled chaos symbols of different types – spirals, multipointed arrows, black hand prints, and so on – covered the walls. A stone structure in the center of the room measured ten feet high, twenty feet long, and ten feet wide. Adorned with demonic visages and sculpture, it resembled a gothic sepulcher, although there was no obvious door. Atop the structure in the center squated a stone statue of a bloated, misshapen demon. Candles of various colors rested in sconces along the walls. Hundreds of candles were placed irregularly around the room, although none were currently lit.

The structure in the center pulsed with power when Belie entered. It flashed a gold color, then when Vogh entered it alternated pulses between gold and white.

Across the huge room, another new, wooden door similar to the one they just entered was closed.

[Private to GM: Characters who search this central structure (DC 20) find a seam that suggests that its entire top or “lid” is a separate piece, although one far too heavy to move (some ten to twelve tons). However, touching the sepulcher while it pulses draws the attention of the creature within.]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Yeah, so anyone else getting bad vibes about the decor?” Bharash asks, having waited patiently through the looting process and now finding himself stood in a hallway looking up at a huge, warped demonic statue obviously possessed of considerable eldritch significance and – no doubt – responsible for a significant depression of local property values.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“I don’t like it one bit if you ask me.  I for sure think we should not touch a thing, especially that thing that is pulsing in the center.  Let’s just stick to the wall and check out the next door over there.”  The construction of the place had Vogh thinking it was some sort of church or place of worship and that thing in the middle a dais of some sort.  “Belie check the next door will you please!”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Belie tried the door and found it locked. He checked it for traps, found none, then unlocked it. Unfortunately he pushed against the door and it didn’t budge. It seemed somethign was on the opposite side blocking the door. Even with Bharash’s incredible strength, the door would not open into the space beyond and allow them to exit.

[Private to Vogh: There is no intelligence in your range, so no person is blocking the door.]

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh cast a spell to detect magic and looked at the door.  If it was being held with an arcane lock or something they could possibly dispel it, but that would take another spell that they might not need to use.

Cast Detect magic.

If it is indeed magic on the door Vogh will suggest to the others, “Let’s go another way.  If we come to another dead end we can just come back here and try to dispel the magic holding the door.”

If no magic she looks to Talin, “Talin, give Bharash a hand, it might need a bit more power!”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Well… Bharash’s fairly remarkable strength. He’d be the first to admit that there are plenty of more powerful sorts around than him, although he’s definitely up there. When the door doesn’t so much as give an inch (since he gets talked into putting his weight to it in short order), he shrugs and remarks “Might be some clever-dick way to get around it, but we even sure the thing’s open on the other side? I mean, we’re in a buried settlement, right? Might be a dozen yards of fallen rock beyond it.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia hadn’t thought about what Bharash had just said.  It was certainly possible that the tunnel had collapsed beyond.  “Bharash could be right, it could just not be possible.  We should check for any secret passages in here before moving anywhere else.”

09:38, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 15 using 1d20+12.  perception check.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
As the group checked for magic, but found there was none around the door, Vogh sensed creatures outside the door shortly before the door burst open and a host of enemies charged at them.

Round 1, roll init, they expended theirs moving into the room so are arrayed as you see on the map. The Vrock is flying near the ceiling, toward the demon statue thing. Anyone that beats a 23 goes before the Thralls.

Here is a picture of the half centaur, half-demon thing: https://ptol.us/wp-content/upl…ity-by-the-Spire.jpg

Inits
Thralls 23
Demon-Centaur 22
Vrock 17
Babau 10
Glab 9

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
At least we go before the Glab and the Babau!!
20:45, Today: Vogh rolled 9,13,12,13 using d20+7,d20+7,d20+3,d20+7.  Vogh, Talin, Julia, Deacon initiatives.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash is stood right next to the door as he slams his fist against it twice, stating “I mean sure, it could be barred or something but we know the whole place down here is buried. Fortunately, we’ve got another reliable way ou…”, just in time to be drowned out as the door slams open and a horde of Assorted Bastards plunges through it, blades and talons waving.

“Well… shit.”

18:46, Today: Bharash rolled 17 using 1d20+10.  Initiative.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
I can’t load roll20 so I’m doing this “blind” so forgive me if I mess up anything.

The vrock flapped its wings and actually landed atop the demonic sculpture. It tried, but failed, to summon another of its kind. (Technically Bharash acts first, so this might change.)

The thralls charged ahead and attacked, two on Vogh, Julie and Talin. Their claws lashed out at the three friends, but did not get through their defenses.

The babau demons hung back, three succeeded in summoning another of their kind, bringing the total to 7.

A magical spear appeared next to Deacon and stabbed out at the off-guard wizard. (NPC Glab, rolled 30, 5 dmg)

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie, not currently holding any weapons, quickly drew his bow, knocked one arrow, then another and fired them at the flying vrock. Only one of the arrows found its mark, but the thing seemed not to damage the demon at all!

(Belie rolled 26,7,12,7)

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon was surprised by the sudden appearance of all the demons through the door.  Vogh’s early warning system hadn’t alerted them to their presence in time.  He knew that he needed to even the odds a little so he began casting his summoning to bring in some bralani to battle the demons.  It would take up his last highest level spell but he thought it was time!  Suddenly 3 bralani appeared with bows in hand and fired their bows at the Vrock as instructed by Deacon.

Hit AC30 for 2, AC30 for 4, AC20 for 6, AC28 for 6, AC23 for 6, AC 31 with crit check 29 for 18 all amounts are after DR10 taken out so the total is 36 damage to the Vrock.
21:59, Yesterday: Deacon Havenhold rolled 3 using 1d4+2.
07:27, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 23,16,31,11 using D20+16,d8+10,d20+11,d8+10.
07:27, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 29,17 using d20+11,d8+10.
07:27, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 20,16,28,16 using D20+16,d8+10,d20+11,d8+10.
07:27, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 30,12,30,14 using D20+16,d8+10,d20+11,d8+10.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin defended against the attacks of the thralls that charged them with SolarSong.  The blade seemed hungry and wanted the blood of the beasts.  He could feel the tingling in his hands as the blade thirst for it.  Talin knew that he should attack the one near Julia first so he did.  He waited till Vogh started her singing though to get the maximum effect. “Julia hit this one if I don’t kill it!”  Talin said as SolarSong sliced into the thrall.

Hit AC31 for 27, AC33 for 37
07:46, Today: Talin rolled 31,27,33,37 using d20+26,6d6+15,d20+21,6d6+15.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia could only hope that her defenses were enough as the thralls charged her.  Thankfully, she was able to dodge the attacks and deflect one with her crossbow.  Stepping back after Deacon had she shot her loaded crossbow into the one Talin attacked if it hadn’t died.  If it did she shot at the other that attacked her.

Hit AC26 for 25, AC17 for 30, AC28 for 24
07:52, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 26,14,11,17,14,16,28,10,14 using d20+14,d10+6,4d6,d20+14,d10+6,4d6,d20+9,d10+6,4d6.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh saw that Talin had waited for her to sing in their heads, so she did just that (giving them +3 to hit and 2d6 fire damage) and then attacked the thrall to her right first as Talin had gone to attack those that were on Julia.  “Talin I will take up the ones that hit you.  We need to finish these off quickly to get to those demons!”

Hit AC31 for 33, AC20 for 32, AC26 for 31
07:54, Today: Vogh rolled 31,27,6,20,25,7,26,24,7 using d20+20,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6,d20+15,d8+22,2d6.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

OOC: Assuming that Good Hope is the only remaining buff spell in operation (giving a +2 morale bonus on saving throws, attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls) and with a new Bardic Song (giving a +3 competence bonus to hit).

Growling quietly “This is why I should never have gone into adventuring.”, Bharash surges a step forwards and a step to the left, darkness once more coalescing around his body as he calls on the heritage of his paternal grandmother, drawing strength and energy from the Plane of Shadow that sheathes his limbs even as ebony flashes over his formerly silver scales and he grows into a thing of darkness and nightmare, roaring into the teeth of his foes while lashing out against the line of thralls with newly enlarged and deadly weapons, hacking at them with brutal, overhand blows and the obvious intention of thinning them out to let the group focus – although he seems to be getting tired or his balance is thrown off, to judge from the lack of finesse on display.

Definitely missing that holy blade about now. Off-hand blows are non-magical, but Bharash is going to try and hack through the thralls as best he can


To Hit  Damage  Fire
28/36   -       -
42      20      11*

28      25       8
23      21       5*

36/28   24/72    9
16      24       6*

* non-magical.

03:28, Today: Bharash rolled 11 using 1d20.  Critical threat.
03:25, Today: Bharash rolled 9 using 1d20.  Botch risk.
03:24, Today: Bharash rolled 19,8,9,2,12,6 using 1d20,2d6,2d6,1d20,2d6,2d6.
03:24, Today: Bharash rolled 6,9,8,4,9,5 using 1d20,2d6,2d6,1d20,2d6,2d6.
03:24, Today: Bharash rolled 1,9,8,18,8,11 using 1d20,2d6,2d6,1d20,2d6,2d6.  Blows from swords (three lots).

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Talin slashed into one thrall, wounding it terribly only to have Julia’s cross bow quarrels stab into its chittin covered chest and drop the thing. Freeing his back swing up to slash into the second brute, wounding it so terribly it stepped back clutching its wounds and gasping.

Vogh’s ferocity with both violet blades flashing took down one, then another of the naturally armored creatures. Their exoskeletons were no match for her magic.

Bharash, despite lacking one magical blade, hacked appart two of the beasts, severing limb, leg and life with fire racing across their cracked flesh like a fresh clam put to the fire.

Deacon’s Bralani’s fired arrow after arrow at the Vrock, eliciting a terrible screech from the beast. The bralani felt magic in the scream wash over them. (Everyone else is beyond 30 feet away, so only the Bralani are affected – if they even are. shrug – A vrock can emit a shrill screech. All creatures except demons within a 30-foot-radius spread must succeed on a DC 21 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round.)

The last Thrall paid no heed to its kith dying and stabbed with wild abandon at Talin. None of its claws or bite could get past SolarSong’s enchanted blade and Talin’s quick parrys.

Again the demon-centaur cast a spell and unholy energy exploded amidst the friends. (17 dmg, DC 17 for 1/2. Good PCs that fail are sickened for 4 rounds. True neutral take half damage and cannot be sickened by this spell.) The magical spear dancing in front of Deacon stabbed out again, scoring a hit on the wizard. (I think? Rolled 29 to hit. 8 dmg if it does. Let me know.)

Everyone’s teeth hurt from the sound of stone grating against stone as the top of the pulsing stone began to open beneath the vrock.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie shot off two arrows at the Vrock, trying to aid the Bralani and seeing his friends were making short work of the thralls. Again only one arrow found its mark on the flapping demon’s hide. (What bonuses to dmg does he get? I only got 5 dmg with the bow, so I need to know the bonuses.)

[Private to GM: Iltumar report from kid to Belie.

Open a chaos tech store to buy. Maybe from the Tarsis government?]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“For crying out lo… Nobody Cares, you flappy bastard!” Bharash yells back at the prancing Vrock, his voice significantly deeper and more resonant with the after-effects of his transformation clinging to him. He struts forwards, moving with visible determination as the smaller thralls are batted away in charred heaps and makes for the oozing spear-wielders, snarling as he lashes out at the foremost one, expertly backhanding it at jaw-height and giving his sword a little flick at the end of the stroke in order to clean it of clinging acid before it can do more than make the weapon shine.

His sword is neither made from a metal that can pierce their defences or enchanted to carry an aura of holy righteousness about it, but the sheer overwhelming force behind his blows make Bharash more than able to draw blood from the demon-kin.

That’s 37 to hit the lead Babau for 25 damage & I doubt fire will do anything to them.

12:19, Today: Bharash rolled 25 using 1d20+8.  Reflex save.
22:45, Today: Bharash rolled 15 using 1d20.  Reflex save.
22:44, Today: Bharash rolled 10,9,4 using 1d20,2d6,2d6.
22:39, Today: Bharash rolled 28 using 1d20+15.  Fortitude save.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
The Bralani heard the Vrock scream out and though two of them ignored the sound and shot once more at the Vrock the other stopped in his tracks as if frozen.  It dropped its bow which vanished the split second it left his hands.

10:40, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 14,21,18 using d20+9,d20+9,d20+9. Fort Saves
Hit AC27 for 3, AC28 for 8, AC31 for 7, AC30 for 5, AC25 for 6, and AC26 for 5 for a total of 34 more damage to the Vrock after DR
10:43, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 27,13,28,18,31,17,30,15 using D20+17,d8+11,d20+12,d8+11,D20+17,d8+11,d20+12,d8+11.
10:59, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 25,16,26,15 using D20+17,d8+11,D20+17,d8+11.  haste attack for the bralani.

Deacon felt the stab keenly once again as the spear pierced his magical armor.  Deacon couldn’t step away this time so he cast his next spell defensively.  As the spell took hold of his friends they could feel their movements increase as the Haste spell took over.

Cast Haste defensively Rolled 25.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh changed up her music and as Deacon’s spell took hold she moved out and around the Thralls heading next to Bharash to attack the babau Bharash had just hit.  “Let’s take down these babau, Bharash!”

Hit AC25 for 28 damage and as Serenity is a +6 weapon it should bypass the DR.
11:19, Today: Vogh rolled 25,28 using d20+21,d8+22.
All attacks are +5 to hit and damage now.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin felt the horrible unholy magic wash over him and shaking his head while gritting his teeth he gave out his own growl as SolarSong suddenly let out a burst of warm light that washed over himself and his friends.  This was something new to Talin and he felt emboldened to fight harder.  (SolarSong cast bless on everyone)
“SolarSong, what was that?”  Talin asked into the air not knowing if SolarSong could hear or not.
As Talin slashed out it cut through the two remaining Thralls.

Hit AC33 for 29 on the injured one, then AC40 for 34, and AC23 for 26 on the other for 60 total damage on that one.
11:24, Today: Talin rolled 33,29,40,34,23,26 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia felt the unholiness of the spell wash over her but shook off its effects easily and then took aim at the Vrock hoping to bring it down with her holy arrows.  So much chaos in the room Julia hoped to cut down the Vrock and its screams.

Hit AC23 for 22, AC22 for 19, and AC28 for 22 for a total of 63 damage to the Vrock.
11:34, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 23,13,9,22,9,10,28,13,9 using d20+16,d10+7,2d6,d20+16,d10+7,2d6,d20+11,d10+7,2d6.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The vrock atop the chaotic, pulsing structure fell back and disappeared from its summoning even as the grinding stone lid continued to open.

All of the babau demons used their teleportation magic to jump next to the friends. Each wielded a nasty looking longspear and could attack with reach. The dancing spear of force stabbed at Deacon but missed him. The nasty beasts also seemed to be coated in some form of acidic slime that dripped onto the floor as they moved, and sizzled against the stone. (Normally only unarmed attaks made the acid splash, but these splash you on any attack, and can damage your weapon. DC 18 Ref. or 1d8 dmg to you, and your meele weapons have to make the save too – unless 8 points can’t bypass it’s hardness. To attack the Babau, you have to take a 5 foot step as they are attacking with reach)

Again the mighty glabrezu used his innate magical abilities. Two vrocks appeared behind the bralani and attacked in demon against celestial.

Vrock 1 attacking left bralani,
rolled 20,11,
24,12,
32,9,
17,7,
26,11
Total = 43

Vrock 2 attacking middle bralani, rolled
33,13,
24,10,
18,7,
28,11,
25,10

Total = 44

From the pulsing tower, three amorphous spongy, shapeless masses dropped and slithered between the glabrezu and demon centaur as those two big brutes moved away from the powerful friends. These new chaotic things shapes kept constantly melting, flowing, writhing and boiling. It was a horrid mass of barbed tentacles, dozens of eyes and multiple mouths filled with gnashing teeth that kept twisting upon itself and reshaping as it moved.

Those tentacles slapped out and slashed at Vogh and Bharash as the things moved to defend the great demons beyond. None of the spiny arms touched Bharash, but one scraped Vogh with a nasty cut that immediately boiled instead of bled. (12 dmg. Boiled is just a descriptor of the ‘chaotic’ nature of the wound, not anything specific. Vogh: Roll a DC 17 fort save.)

The demon centaur was wreathed in flame and looked excited for the fight. He seemed conflicted in his desire to charge forth, but seeing the humanoids beseiged seemed to be satisfying him at the moment. Unholy fire licked up from his hooves and along his bat-like wings. The skulls of humans adorned his human torso’s armor, and his equine body. He cackled as he cast a spell (Spell check Dc 17 [Private to GM: Dread Bolt]) and a crackling missile of darkness shot from his unholy symbol and streaked to slam into Bhrash. (28 damage and sickened for 1 round. DC 15 Will Save makes 1/2 damage and no sick)

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
The bralani all pull out their scimitars and go toe to toe with the Vrok’s.  Outnumbering them they all gang up on 1 to eliminate it first.

With blades flashing the fight 50ft in the air is something to be seen but not one of The Calling had time to watch as they had their own problems as the Babau suddenly teleported away from Vogh and Bharash.

Hit AC22 for 9, AC37/24 for 19, AC27 for 5
07:32, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 22,19,37,15,27,15 using D20+19,d6+13,d20+19,d6+13,D20+14,d6+13.
07:32, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 24,14 using D20+19,d6+13.  crit check.
Hit AC33 for 4, AC22 for 5, and AC27 for 7
07:32, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 33,14,22,15,27,17 using D20+19,d6+13,d20+19,d6+13,D20+14,d6+13.
Hit AC23 for 5, AC 25 for 8, and AC27 for 6
07:32, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 23,15,25,18,27,16 using D20+19,d6+13,d20+19,d6+13,D20+14,d6+13.
Total damage after DR is 68 damage

For Deacon, he dodged the spear this time but suddenly there was a few Babau in his face.  He pointed Yaeshla towards the Babau and asked her to use her cone of cold.
07:45, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 44 using 15d6.  cone of cold DC17 for half. SR check of 31 CRIT!!!
This affects the 3 Babau before him, 2 of the jumble of chaos by Bharash.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin began his music as his voice rang loud throughout the large chamber, echoing loudly to cause confusion in the enemy making it harder for them to hit his friends.  SolarSong hummed in his hands as if accepting the song into it which made Talin grin wide in the face of so many enemies.
Enemies take -3 to hit and damage.

Talin slashed wickedly into the first Babau hoping to end its life immediately.

Hit AC32 for 29, AC46/36 for 55, the last attack goes to the one on his left hitting AC29 for 23.  NO DR cause his weapon is effectively a +4 weapon which bypasses.
08:01, Today: Talin rolled 32,29,46,32,29,23 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15.
08:01, Today: Talin rolled 36,23 using d20+26,2d6+15.  crit check.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh felt something when the chaotic tentacle hit her but she barely beat back the urge, (Save 17). Vogh moved closer to Bharash as she hoped they could take down one of the things before it could do further damage.  She hits the far right one.
“We need to get to that Glabrezu and the centaur quick.”

Knowledge check to ID these things of 35!

Hit AC24 for 27, AC26 for 29, AC34/15 for 27/53, and AC15 for 23 total of 83 knowing no crit and last hit misses.
10:37, Today: Vogh rolled 15,26 using d20+14,d8+22. Crit check.

10:35, Today: Vogh rolled 24,27,26,29,34,27,17,23 using D20+19,d8+22,d20+19,d8+22,d20+14,d8+22,d20+14,d8+22

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“Hey, get back here!” the Dragonborn snaps as one of the Babau discovers just a little too late how much greater his reach when shadow-stuff clings to him and his blades, although his fervous is somewhat dampened by the bolt of energy he takes a moment later.

What Bharash would very much like to do at this point is leap over the damn’ things attacking him and get to the demon in charge, who seems to be occupying themselves mostly by calling up reinforcements and putting the party ever deeper into trouble… What he’s going to have to do however – while trying not to retch up the contents of his breakfast – is carve his way through the undulating pile of chaos and corruption in front of him to do so, because otherwise Vogh will be left dealing with them on her own and that…

…well, that wouldn’t be ideal.

Giving another roar of fury – and painfully aware that he can only keep this up for half a minute more at most – he lays into the centre-most shambling abomination.

Bharash fails his save, picks the centre target and lays into them. He’s currently affected by Bard song (+5), Bless (no effect), Good Hope (+2 morale, supersedes bless), Haste (+1 to hit) and Sickness (-2) as well as his own JotunKhumatrage.

To hit   Damage
43       26
41       22*
30       27
32       28
39/22    18/54*
23       26
23       19*

* non-magical.

23:52, Today: Bharash rolled 2,6 using 1d20,1d8.  Haste, apparently.
19:33, Today: Bharash rolled 2 using 1d20.  Critical threat.
19:30, Today: Bharash rolled 15,5,16,5,9,7,19,1,5,5,8,2 using 1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8,1d20,1d8.
19:23, Today: Bharash rolled 7,2 using 1d20,1d8.  AoO.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie dropped his box and drew out his rapier in one lightning quick movement. However, instead of immediately attacking he dove between two of the creatures and stabbed into the back of the one facing Deacon. His rapier found a soft spot and stabbed deep. (24dmg – 10 = 14dmg + more from Bards & magic?)

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Talin took apart one of the babau, its corporeal form vanishing under SolarSong’s power.

Deacon saw ice form on the three demons in front of him and on the chaotic masses roiling around. The one nearest the sepulcher seemed less affected than the one in the middle. Their constant shifting had the front disappear rapidly though as their forms never stopped changing.

The Bralani fought hard against the one vrock, but it remained aloft with them despite bleeding from several wounds.

OOC:
Vrocks are normal. AC 22. HP 112. DR 10/good; Immune: electricity, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, fire 10; SR 20
Babau are normal. AC 19. HP 73. Protective slime (Ref when you attack them); DR 10/cold iron or good; Immune electricity, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, fire 10; SR 17
The demon centaur and glab are not “normal” and I’ll give you more when you engage them
The chaotic masses are AC 24 b/c they are always moving and their forms are hard to hurt
HP 140. SR 20. No DR

[Private to GM:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic…c/chain-of-perdition

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…tsiders/demon/vrock/
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…iders/demon/glabrezu
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/confusion
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…utsiders/demon/babau
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic…ell-lists-CLERIC/#p3
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dread-bolt
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/besti…tsiders/chaos-beast/

Lost Towns:

https://i.redd.it/f6v639smno951.png

https://i.pinimg.com/originals…32d8163394c35d0c.jpg]

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash hacked the chaotic creature into oblivion, leaving the floor burned and scarred beneath the mass as it disolved into acidic mush. His next attacks carried over to the second one, which weathered his attacks. Then Vogh slashed into the other repeatedly, eliciting bubbling and squelching sounds of protest.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The injured vrock stopped flapping its wings for a few moments and dropped below the three Bralani where it was then able to teleport. (It’s behind the sepulcher but cannot be seen)

The other attacked started by releasing a cloud of spored which immediately made thick, green vines start growing out of the bralani’s bodies. (5dmg to each. 1d4 dmg/round for 10 rounds)

Vrock 1, rolled 19,12,27,12,31,8,33,11 (critical!),19,7 = 12+8+11+11 = 42 dmg to left.

Two of the babau dropped back, goading Talin to rush them. (Reach, so they get AOO if he closes) The others attacked Belie and Deacon. Impossibly the rogue and wizard dodged all the spear an bite attacks lashing out at them, and Deacon’s magical wards defeated the force spear stabbing at him. (12d20 and I don’t get a single hit… WTH…)

The mighty glabrezu narrowed its eyes at Bharash, who was hacking with both swords at speeds which made his hands appear a blure. It spoke a single word and blasted Bharash’s mind. (Power Word Stun. No saving throw. If you have 101 HP then it’s 3 rounds. If you’re under 101 then it’s 8 rounds)

— Top of round —

The demon centaur laughed wickedly after Bhrash was stunned and dropped both his weapons. Then the half-man-half-horse-half-demon thing went into spell casting. A floating chain of force sprung into existence and wrapped itself around Bharash, entangling him.

OOC: OH MY GOSH!!! 8 attacks from the chaos things and NOT ONE touches you people?!?!? *throws hands up and walks away. Would a 25 hit Bharash in his current state?

Eight tentacles slap out from the remaining chaotic pulsing masses and slap at the stunned and engangled Bharash, whose magical armor repelled all the attacks while Vogh dodged and weaved, one tentacle touching her armor only to be slapped away harmlessly.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie took a step to give him just a bit of distance from the new threat, but not so much as to lose his flanking position with Deacon’s aid. The rogue stabbed out twice with all he had. He scored two hits, thanks to the magic of haste, but the beast remained standing.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Corrupted flesh and shredded meat fly away from Bharash’s whirling blades like some sort of dreadful, visceral chaff before a thresher, each blow struck with bone-shattering power whether delivered by a weapon that’s magical or simply one of borrowed steel… He pushes into his enemies as they go down before him, snarling audibly until the magic slams into him, rocking him back a half step and forcing him to spasm, both blades dropping to the floor in a clatter-splat of metal on meat and stone.

Breathing hard, but unable to summon power to his trembling limbs shadow-stuff flows away from Bharash in a rush, leaving him a smaller, harder target as he glares hatefully at the Glabrezu, silently promising the thing no good at all once he’s free while he hunkers down in his armour as best he can, weathering the storm of blows.

Well, Bharash is going to drop his rage. Can’t act, no sense burning rounds.
He’s fatigued for four rounds, which won’t have an effect yet.

His AC, sans Dexterity is 31:
+2 natural armour.
+10 mithril full-plate.
+2 armour specialisation bonus.
+1 trait bonus in heavy armour.
+1 deflection from a ring.
+1 insight from a helm.
+4 shield bonus from shield.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
The bralani wasn’t surprised by the cowardice of the Vrock as it disappear from sight.  It didn’t matter though as there was still another in front of them to kill. A couple of the bralani adjusted their position and then attacked with a fervor hoping to keep the Vrock occupied.

hot AC26 for 7, AC25 for 9, AC36/23 for 20 total 36.
08:46, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 23,16 using D20+14,d6+13. Crit check.
08:45, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 26,17,25,19,36,14 using D20+19,d6+13,d20+19,d6+13,D20+14,d6+13.
Hit AC26 for 6, AC32 for 4, AC19 MISS. Total 10.
08:45, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 26,16,32,14,19,14 using D20+19,d6+13,d20+19,d6+13,D20+14,d6+13.
AC33 for 4, AC35 for 7, AC27 for 9 for a total of 20.
08:45, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 33,14,35,17,27,19 using D20+19,d6+13,d20+19,d6+13,D20+14,d6+13
Grand total of 66 after DR

Deacon battles the attacks from the Babau with Yaeshla as he twirls her around in a circle.  The as he had before he beckoned Yaeshla to unleash another blast of cold.  The blast hit the 4 babau next to him much hard than last time.


09:14, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 54 using 15d6. Cone of cold.  DC17 reflex for half.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Even as Bharash finished off one of the chaotic things next to him he suddenly dropped his blade and became much smaller and more normal, his rage leaving him.  Vogh knew she needed to take out these last two before her and hope that she had enough in her to make it happen.  Serenity and Clamour slashed into the roiling masses over and over.

same one she had hit last time: Hit AC32 for 30, AC29 for 26, AC26 for 28, and Crit AC32/31 for 26+27.  Hoping that is enough to finish both injured chaos things.
09:38, Today: Vogh rolled 31,27 using d20+14,d8+22. Crit check.
09:37, Today: Vogh rolled 32,30,29,26,26,28,32,26 using D20+19,d8+22,d20+19,d8+22,d20+14,d8+22,d20+14,d8+22

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had only make a 5ft step to be able to get within reach of the Babau so he did so and SolarSong flashed left and right slashing the Babau open at the gut.  “You ain’t going anywhere!!!”

Hit AC31 for 34, AC30 for 28, AC29 for 31 start with most injuries and hit the other
09:46, Today: Talin rolled 31,34,30,28,29,31 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
They were in a bit of a quandary as the Babau shifted around and out of the corner of her eye, Julia noticed Bharash suddenly go still and drop his blades.  She knew that he would need added protection as well as Vogh as she faced the swirling mass of chaos in front of her.  Not to mention Deacon, Belie, and herself.

Beginning her prayer a wave of power rushes out hitting ally and enemy alike.
Cast Prayer
Gains +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Deacon saw frost form on the demons. The one to his left opened wide its eyes in pain and fury, too close to Deacon to avoid the blast, then it screamed in pain. Dropping the spear the demon lunged forward and with teeth and claw attacked the wizard. (Julie’s spell saved him from half that damage b/c I only missed by 1 due to what she just cast 😀 He can thank her later) One claw got throgh his defenses and ripped into the wizard’s flesh. The magical weapon missed as well.

The other babaue stabbed at deacon but missed, then the one attacking Belie fared no better against the nimble rogue.

Angry Talin didn’t take their bait the other two charged forward and stabbed at him. Between SolarSong’s dancing blade, Talin’s magic, Vogh’s and Julia’s too, none of the six attacks even touched the Bard. Two came dangerously close and would have hit him if not for the added magical protections.

The vrock which had fled just prior flew over the shrine, now with 2 images of itself, to flank the bralani as did its companion. (37 dmg and 2 mirror images of the other one)

[Private to GM: Vrock 1, rolled
19,15,
22,7,
27,12,
22,10,
23,8 using 1d20+13,2d6+5,1d20+13,2d6+5,1d20+13,1d8+5,1d20+13,1d6+5,1d20+13,1d6+5
]

Vogh’s crystal blades shredded the mad-mass of creature. The final remaining one moved into place to block and attack her on a word from the demon-centaur who barked at it in abyssal. Two of the tentacles slapped against her magical armor and protections, but slid off harmlessly. (Rolled 18’s but still not good enough)

The glabrezu took a few steps back, eyeing Vogh dangerously, then he cast another spell. (Vogh will save DC 19 or Confusion)

Likewise the demon-centaur began casting as well. (Bharash and Vogh need Will save DC 15. 20 dmg sickened for 4 rounds or half & no sick)

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie feinted to fake out the babau and it worked, so he stabbed deep into the demon’s gut. (26-10 = 16 dmg)

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash rocks back slightly as another spell washes over him, but otherwise remains completely stationary…

Stunned 3/4
Sickened 4/4

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
With more Vrocks showing up the bralani kept up their attack.  One killed the two images and the Vrock that cast them as it dissipated into thin air.  The other killed of the remaining Vrock leaving no more to attack.

Hit AC35 for 17, AC35 for 15, AC22 for 20
09:12, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 35,17,35,15,22,20 using D20+20,d6+14,d20+20,d6+14,D20+15,d6+14.
Hit AC34 for 17, AC22 for 17, and MISS
09:11, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 34,17,22,17,16,18 using D20+20,d6+14,d20+20,d6+14,D20+15,d6+14.

Deacon is sick of the Glabrezu casting spells at his friends and so tries to cast magic missile on it hoping to have it change its target, thankfully his extensive training forces his missiles through the Glabrezu’s innate defense against magic.  6 missiles of force crash into the Glabrezu’s form.

16 Force damage
09:33, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 16 using 5d4+1. 09:31, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 24 using 1d20+15.  overcome SR.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had easily dispatched the one Babau and turned quickly to defend against the incoming attack of the two Babau behind him.  SolarSong flashing left, right, up, and down to defend against the furious attacks.  Once he defended he then returned his attacks against the Babau.  SolarSong slashing left hitting the Babau until it died and then his next attacks went to the other one hoping to kill that one as well.  “I got these, you guys kill the Glabrezu or that whirling chaos in front of Vogh and Bharash.”

Hit AC29 for 30, AC38 for 30, and AC37 for 30.
09:36, Today: Talin rolled 29,29,38,29,37,29 using d20+26,4d6+15,d20+26,4d6+15,d20+21,4d6+15.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia heard Talin clearly above the battle and aimed her crossbow at the chaos ahead of Vogh and shot multiple bolts at the thing.  “If we can free them up Vogh and Bharash can get to the Glabrezu and that other demon centaur.”

Hit AC27 for 20, MISS, MISS
09:49, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 27,11,9,19,18,12,23,14,9 using d20+17,d10+8,2d6,d20+17,d10+8,2d6,d20+12,d10+8,2d6.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh slashed at the chaos bumble before her destroying one of them but not the other.  She was about to strike the next one when she felt a spell wash over her.  Steeling herself against the spell she eyed the Glabrezu that cast it, “You will die here today!”  Then she was hit with another spell from the centaur.  It hurt but didn’t make her sick.

Depending on what happened with the chaos ball before her, Vogh will either finish it off or charge the Glabrezu.

07:23, Today: Vogh rolled 31 using 1d20+14. Vs Confusion
07:23, Today: Vogh rolled 16 using 1d20+14. Vs spell from Centaur
Hit AC39/28 crit for 54, AC29 for 25, MISS, AC33 no crit for 29
11:51, Today: Vogh rolled 39,30,29,25,16,31,33,29 using D20+20,d8+23,d20+20,d8+23,d20+15,d8+23,d20+15,d8+23.

11:52, Today: Vogh rolled 28,24,16,31 using D20+20,d8+23,d20+15,d8+23.  crit checks.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–

Name#123456Chaos Thing23–xxxDThralls23xxDDDDDemon-Centaur22xxxxxxBelie20xxxxx?Bharash17xxxHHHVrock17xDDDDDeacon13xxxxxTalin13xxxxxJulia12xxxxxVogh9xxxxxBabau10xxxxDGlab9xxxxx

The group destroyed the demons around them, the bralani destroyed the demons above them, and the final blob of chaos unraveled into a melting pot of gook. Deacon and Julia’s magic streaked out to damage their foes.

Then… the group was all alone in the room as both the hulking demon and the demonic-centaur cursed at them in abysal and winked out of existence.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Injured, queasy, entangled and still fighting off the magical shock that slammed into him, Bharash stands there, radiating generalised rage as he struggles with the assorted forms of debilitation that were layered on him the moment the demons got some idea of what was coming their way.

Stunned 2/4
Sickened 3/4

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had just finished off the swirling mess of chaos and was about to charge the Glabrezu when it cursed at her and disappeared.  “Dammit!!!  They teleported somewhere.  Belie check that door again will you?  If we can’t get through we will just have to head back to the way we came and go the other direction.”

Vogh then moved to Bharash who looked like he was still having difficulty moving, “Bharash are you okay?”  Vogh could see he was bleeding from multiple wounds so she used her healing belt to put some health back into him hoping it would help.  12:13, Today: Vogh rolled 7,7,8 using 2d6,2d6,2d6. cure wounds on Bharash.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
The rogue dashed over to the door and tried it, only to discover their situation had not change. “Curse those demons! When they die they don’t leave anything behind, not even those spears. We better rob this place blind as we’re going.” He chuckled, but only half joking.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group retraced their steps, moving through the large chamber with the now collapsed buliding and into the opposite tunnel. This area, like many others, seems to have been excavated somewhat recently. After a short distance the much wider tunnel was broken up by a door on their left. When Vogh reached out with her mind she sensed nothing in the room beyond. Belie checked but found no traps, merely a relatively simple lock which took him seconds to click open. The new door opened quietly on well oiled hinges. This chamber was empty except for some strange dark violet stains on the floor and walls.

[Private to GM: Tentacle Trap: CR 7; magic device; proximity trigger (alarm); automatic reset; spell effect (ever black tentacles, 7th-level wizard, 1d4+7 tentacles, attack +7 melee 1d6+4, tentacle); multiple targets (up to six tentacles per target in each of two adjacent five-foot squares);
Search DC 29; Disable Device DC 29.
]

Across the room was an open staircase, devoid of any railing that ended on an elevated dais. A curtain spanned the entire right wall.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

OOC: As entertaining as it would be to have him stood there while the group wanders off… I’m pretty sure that was one round per healing belt charge. ^_^

During the course of patching up the worst of his injuries – which this time seem to come in large part not from physical blows, but from the corrupted, wasting effect of the death-bolt hurled his way, along with assorted bruises from the battering his armour absorbed – Bharash shakes off the disruption of the spell and holds up a finger to request a pause in Vogh’s work, whereupon he removes his helmet and takes three long steps with great dignity into the lee of the statue, where he proceeds to throw up more or less everything he’s eaten since this morning.

A bilious, unhappy noise follows as he steps back and motions for her to finish her efforts. Fishing a cloth out of his kit, he wipes his muzzle down and growls a soft “That… was not the way I intended to spend my afternoon.” before re-gathering his swords – magical and borrowed – and sheathing them again.

“I’ve been worse. Not, I grant you lately.” he remarks, eyeing the frustration on Belie’s features with a small smile and never mind that he’s also very much in need of hard coin he’s not going to be realising from all this idiocy, rumbling “Come on. Let’s get a move-on.” and following the group, pausing only to check on the unconscious pile of battered ratfolk he heaped up on the way through (most of whom will be out for an hour or two yet) before following the group, rolling his shoulders and generally trying to get back into the mood to ruin someones day.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie covered his mouth with a balled up fist and gulped at seeing Bharash loose the contents of his stomach. He coughed once then choked out a question, “You alright big guy?” After Bharash’s response Belie looked around to the group, waving at Deacon to get his attention and enunciating clearly. “I haven’t fought these demons as much as you all have, can they just pop in and out on us like that? So they could concievably just appear at any moment we’re moving through this cursed place?”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon had moved up to Vogh and Bharash just as Bharash moved away and tossed his breakfast onto the floor adding to the already grotesque nature of blood and gore that was spilled.  He answered Belie, “Yes, it is possible for them to pop in and out.  They can teleport at their will.  They teleport much in the same way we do.  They know the place and can teleport.  Once we move they will need to appear and find us unless they are able to somehow scry us.  Then they could just pop right to a location they know.  When we fought them before at the Pythoness house, Julia was able to anchor them to our location so they couldn’t teleport away.”  Once the group moved, Deacon fell into his place in the middle of the group as usual.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Bharash emptying his stomach on the statue/sarcophagus, Vogh had to wonder if he too was poisoned.  “You weren’t poisoned, were you?”

When they moved to the room, Vogh wondered why the hinges on the door were so well taken care of, it seemed out of place.  “Belie, Did you check for traps here?  Seems to me something is out of place.”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
“I did, but I know what you mean. That purple stuff doens’t seem right. Do you sense any magic?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh cast her spell to detect magic and sensed that there was indeed magic in the room coming from the purple stuff.  “It looks to be some sort of conjuration magic is in place here.  I am going to look for the trap.”

Take 20 to perceive if there is a trap for a total of 36.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“Sure, just peachy…” Replies the obviously uncomfortable and rather unhappy Bharash, alright he’s pressing on regardless as he explains “Not sure what that stupid ray the big guy threw at me was but it had my stomach turning back-flips… On top of everything else… Well.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh can tell there is a trap present, unfortunately the only trigger she can think of is a magical one. This was confirmed by Belie who was unable to find a pressure plate or any mechanical method that might set off the trap.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“If you think any magical attack will work I can just shoot in a magic missile and set off the trap.  Or I can cast a summons and it can set the trap off much the same way.”

After a thought, that is what Deacon did.  He cast a low-level summons to bring in 2 small earth elementals into the center of the room.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Black tentacles sprang up from the floor, magically appearing, and began smacking and grabbing the elementals.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As the black tentacles spring up out of the purple-looking stuff and begin grabbing at the elementals, Julia quickly casts a dispel spell to dispel them.  “Stand back I will attempt to dispel them!”

17:16, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 19 using 1d20+11.  dispel.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash meanwhile, takes the opportunity to lean against the wall, pull an unhappy face and dutifully regret that he wasn’t intelligent enough to purchase a canteen he could have brought with him today.

This city adventuring, always in walking distance of a tavern has really spoiled him.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Someone checked and noted Julia’s spell had dissipated the magic of the room. Belie cautiously stepped in and nothing attacked him. This the rogue made his way across the room, up the stairs and after a cursory look at the curtain drew it back to reveal another room beyond.

The room had a large round bed in the center, suspended from the ceiling by four iron chains. A stepladder beneath it gives access. The room’s other furnishings include a pair of padded chairs, a long table (much of which is covered in folded female clothing of silk and lace), a wardrobe with more women’s clothing inside, an empty armor stand, and a tall, lidded wicker basket containing fruit. A small musical jewelry box rests upon the table as well; it contains several pieces of nice jewelry.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
“That’s what I’m talking about! Finally something worthwhile.” the rogue commented with a gleam in his eye.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Well done Julia!”  Vogh said as Belie had moved into the room.  When he pulled back the curtain to reveal the bed-chamber Vogh let her detect magic check the area for anything magical that might be about.

“Let’s do a quick search and keep moving.  We know that all the noise we have made that most anyone here knows we are here.”

21:55, Today: Vogh rolled 29 using 1d20+16.  perception.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh’s searching revealed some fruitful bounty!

She found almost a thousand pieces of gold in a secret cache under the table and a pair of large emeralds at the bottom of the fruit basket. There was also a large tome of historical knowledge hidden in the bed and a sketchy map of how to get from this chamber to something labeled “chaositech tower”. It seemed one needed to leave this room, go farther down the large corridor, down serval stairs and down what must be a very long hallway.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Leaning against the wall, Bharash produces one of his purloined swords and carefully runs a whe… Actually, he didn’t bring one of those with him either and so grumbles softly to himself as he studies the blade and then slips it away again.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Finding the hidden riches was a good sign that there was more to find in the room and as Vogh continued to search she found the book and rough drawing.

Vogh showed it to the others and if there was no where else to look she would suggest following the map.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group left the room behind and turned left to make their way further down the corridor. Vogh’s senses reached out and before they could see the end of the corridor she knew there had to be a turn to the right because she sensed several of the rhodintor demons which the Archeons had described from Pythoness house, and a medusa!

OOC: Has Vogh ever fought the Rhodintor, or just the Archeons? I can’t remember.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
With the new valuables tucked away safely, Vogh and the others begin moving along the tunnel.  When she senses the demons ahead she says to the others in their heads, “I sense some demons ahead.  I am not sure what kind they are so we must be careful.  There is also what I believe to be a medusa ahead, as well.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Well, at least we’ve got a warning this time. Can anyone get eyes on them, figure out where they are and what they’re doing?” Bharash asks, pulling his remaining enchanted sword and palming the small wand he uses to shield himself at need, waiting on a clear idea of what they’re about to do before acting.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon saw what Bharash said and responded, “I am sorry but I don’t have any magic like that currently.  We mainly have to rely on what Vogh tells us.  Just so you all know, I am getting near to being out of spells to cast, and from what I can tell Yaeshla is as well.  So, if we do much more I will pretty much be useless in an encounter.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia added, “I have plenty of spell use left that Lothian has granted me.  If those Rodinator’s are there, I can try to anchor them to the area so we can defeat them.  Other than that I have no way to see them.”  Julia almost forgot but then remembered, “I can aid us against evil once more if you want?”

If anyone agrees she will cast Communal Protection from Evil lasting 1 min.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“If we can hit them hard and fast, Julia, you may not even need to cast the spell, but be prepared anyways,”  Talin said to the group.

“I will hasten our movements again since the spell has faded.”  Talin said as well.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Sounds like we have a fight then, I will cast my spell giving hope to you all.  It seems to be one of the better ones for us along with the hastening of our actions.  Julia, go ahead and cast your spell as well, please.  Deacon if you are low on arcane energy, hold what you have for an emergency.”

Vogh drew out her weapons and began to move forward once all the spells were cast.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Uhm… I wasn’t proposing magic… Back when I was younger, we used to have this thing called ‘being sneaky’. I was always rubbish at it, but…” Bharash attempts to propose, only for people to start getting worked up for a fight, which is where he hisses at them “Hey! You can’t tell me that none of us are even a little bit stealthy? Not even enough to poke their head around a corner and go ‘huh, four of them playing cards and another one working a stove?”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie couldn’t help but chuckle at Bharash’s reaction. When you have an amazing hammer like magic, everything looks like a nail. The rogue nodded and wrapped his cloak about his person after adjusting his magical eye patch that allowed him to see perfectly in the pitch black.

The rogue silently moved forward. Reaching the end of the tunnel he discovered a cavern opened up into another large room. He returned to report.

“There is a other large cavern like what we left behind us. Inside is an ancient building that looks like it could collapse at any moment. Unfortunately I cannot see the demons or any other foe. Vogh, your senses must be picking up something inside? Yes?

Part of the building has already collapsed, but much of it remains, rising up to the roof of the cavern. It sits against the excavated wall, so there is no “back” per day. The door is very old stone from what I could tell. I did not discern a lock from this distance. What do you want to do next?

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh nodded and thanked Belie for the report.  “Sounds like we just need to move forward quickly and just hit them hard and fast.”

As long as Bharash was ready to move forward they would all move quickly thanks to the added speed of the haste spell.

Vogh and the others held outside the door waiting for Bharash to get his arse in gear.  Vogh wondered if the Dragonborn had any more fight left in him after what happened in the chaotic room.  When Bharash got to the door she would have Belie throw it open and Julia try and anchor any demon she saw while the rest rushed inside.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Some days, I swear my main job isn’t swinging a sword, it’s being the brains of the outfit.” Bharash remarks dryly, shaking his head as though he’s fully aware of the irony of the observation then moving to join the others, casting at the last minute as he proposes “Crumbling you say? Think we could drop most of it on them?”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie had his hands free, getting ready to open the door and throw some daggers at anything inside when Bharash spoke.

The rogue slow turned with eyes wide to regard the dragonborn. In a whisper tone he asked, “You wanna do what…?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Regarding the structure, it was all stone, but very old masonry. (OOC: Anyone have knowledge engineering? If so give me a roll) It seems the entire room had been excavated, like the other they had been attacked in, until this building was reached. Again the diggers seem to have stopped before completely unearthing the building. Judging by the exterior, they were looking at the second floor, the first likely buried beneath their feet. Looking over everything, the group might be able to figure a way to bring it down from the exterior.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“You heard me. Just not sure how to do it.” Bharash rumbles back quietly while looking over the structure from one side to the other, no doubt looking forward to some payback after the collapse of the structure they were in earlier.

11:08, Today: Bharash rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Knowledge (Engineering).

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon didn’t hear what Bharash had said as he approached the group, but he did see what Belie had said.  Deacon turned and quickly asked Bharash again what he said.

Assuming that Bharash would tell him again, Deacon looked over the old structure.  He saw in many places where the support of the building was very shoddy and wouldn’t probably take much to bring down with the right spell.  “I can see that if I were to have Yaeshla cast a fireball at this position here, the place would come down.  The force of the blast should be enough based on what I have seen from the spell.  It will have to be cast to the inside of the place though.”

17:03, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 35 using 1d20+17.  Knowledge engineering .

“We should move back though, I don’t want any of us caught in the wreckage.  Someone throw the door open and I Yaeshla can take care of the rest.”  Deacon said finally as he looked to the others to see what they would say.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh listened to Deacon and the only thing she didn’t like about all of it was that if the place collapsed and there was another way to continue into the complex it would take hours to get through the rubble.  “I can see the practicality of bringing the place down.  But, if there is another way to deeper in this chaotic place and find the ones we are looking for, it could very well get buried beneath it all and take us time to find it and excavate our way into it again.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

One thing Bharash isn’t shy about is repeating himself and he’s happy to do so if that communicates the idea of bringing it all down, his expression shifting into something of a smile when he notes “Well, since this’ll probably be our last fight before we pull out of here… I’m sure they’ll have it all cleared out for us by the time we get back. That, or we’ll know it’s probably not that important after all.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Bharash has a point.  Belie throw open the door and Deacon cast your spell.  Everyone else stand back.”    All the talk took but a few seconds and Talin moved far back with Vogh, Julia, and Bharash if he were going to move.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie was trepid about being near the structure when Deacon’s fireball went off, but he figured of all them he likely had the best chance to escape unharmed so he did it. The rogue threw open the door and immediately jumped back away from the structure, tumbling and rolling to end in a run toward the caves opening.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
When the door opened a series of lightning bolts exploded from two of the creatures. The medusa sent a green blast of energy streaking at the doorway from some chaositech contraption she held but quickly screamed and fell away down the stairs as Deacon’s fireball exploded.

Inside the room a set of stairs led up into a solid rock ceiling, while a second set of stairs descended into the earth. The medusa stood partway down the descending stairs, while one Rhodintor stood on the ascending stairs. Three more of the chaos demon creatures stood on the same level as the group. None of the hellish creatures reacted to Deacon’s fireball, knowing their immunity, but they certainly bellowed in terror as the ceiling and walls came crashing down around them.

NPC Rhodintor, rolled 26 & 38 using 8d8,8d8

Vogh sensed all four of the rhodintor die beneath the rubble, but she knew the medusa had survived the collapse and seemed to be descending deeper beneath their feet.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“It feels oddly gratifying not to be the one underneath a building collapsing for a change.” Bharash comments amenably, from where he’s stood next to – but back from – the door, his grin one that can only be described as ‘indecent’. He doesn’t charge into the building however, since he has absolutely no idea what the Medusae are up to, and he for one, for all his toughness isn’t about to risk locking eyes with someone who could quite literally turn him to stone with a glance…

…and not in a fun way.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As the door opened and the lightning flashed out of the door, Vogh was thankful that they hadn’t decided to go inside.  Deacon who had stood off to the side cast his fireball and the red-glowing pea drifted inside and exploded with great force.

Vogh knew the fire wouldn’t hurt the demons but if may hurt the medusa, what she hoped was that as the building collapsed it would crush the demons and perhaps even the medusa.  As luck would have it she no longer could sense the demons but it seemed the medusa survived.  “Well done, Deacon!  It looks like the demons have been destroyed but the medusa survived and is making a getaway below us.  I think we should just head back to the surface now.  Digging through all that rubble will take time.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“Nice suggestion!”  Deacon said to Bharash as the place began to crumble.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie shook his head at the devestation Deacon caused with just one spell. He looked at Bharash, “Hardly seems fair, does it? Whisper a few words and blows up a building.” Belie chuckled self-depracatingly and shrugged in the same motion. “I’m for getting out of here, but it seems we’re once again left with more questions than answers. You said that skull thing Deacon was tracking kept moving away from us, and that this medusa is going down as well. That means there is likely much more to this complex, and it seems this Wuntad creature has a great many powerful allies…”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“I liked it.” Bharash replies happily to Deacon, before snorting and remarking to Belie “Anyone can do that… You just have to whisper the right things into the right ears.” before sheathing his non-magical off-hand sword and stroking his chin “Well… We’ve got a couple of good spots to come back to, but why don’t we go learn more? You’re all bookish sorts. This Wuntad fellow has allies, means he has a reputation, right? Shouldn’t be too hard to find out more about him.”

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
“Indeed. My network of people is increasing by the day. Perhaps Jamir and I can find more information about him. It might take a few days, and I think Vogh & Talin have a party to attend in a few days anyway…? Mabye Julie or Deacon could research what ‘the power of the Shigmaa’ means in regard to this man.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia looked over to Deacon with a questioning look on her face, “What do you think?  Spend a little time doing some research sounds good to me.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon gave Julia a nod of his head, he loved books and the knowledge it gave him, of course, he was in!  “Yes, I can do some studying at the Pyramid as well, after we do some together.  So, shall we head back then?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As they discussed what they were going to do and Belie mentioned the party, Vogh’s eyes lit up.  “You all are more than welcome to come to the party if you like.  If you are busy though Talin and I understand.  I know Deacon has to help Bharash with his blade as well so, anyways, let’s gather as much of the gear off the dead as we can possibly carry.  It will be worth something after all.  No use letting them rearm their people down here with the stuff.”

If everyone is ready we can get the stuff and head back to sell it and relax for the day!!!

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Do some together. Heh.” Bharash rumbles, a beat passing before he looks around the group and asks with a grin, “What, are we no longer doing phrasing?”, his usually upbeat mood seemingly improved still further by someone other than himself having had a Hard Damn Day.

He does however mimic a resigned ‘huh’ sound and an eye-roll when the phrase ‘as much as we can possibly carry’ is spoken aloud, since as the man who can dead-lift a quarter of a tonne, he can hear the jingle-jangle of a heavily laden Dragonborn tottering along behind the party in his near future.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin too knew that he would be carrying a lot of the equipment back.  They had their haversacks but they could only hold so much stuff.  “We should also cut any of the rat tails off of the dead rats.  Coin is coin after all!”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
What Bharash said didn’t catch on to Deacon who was ready to get back to the surface.  He only looked at Bharash with a weird look wondering what he meant by what he said.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

This being a common experience of Bharash’s, he rolls his eyes and motions to the others to come along, rumbling “Fair enough I suppose, they are dead after all. But not any of the ones who I just beat senseless. That’s going a little too far.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group gathered everything up, stuffing magical sacks to their brim, plus using whatever methods necessary to carry their grizzly load of cut and bleeding tails. They were able to retrace their steps easily and without conflict. Amber dominated the skyline as the setting sun blazed across the clouds of the evening sky. The same two guards were throwing dice outside the apartment when they emerged. Both looked at up at the group and surveyed their haul. Neither spoke to the group, but merely nodded in recognition and watched them depart.

OOC: Sorry for yesterday. Work is absolutely killing me. It’s great getting new clients, but getting all the work done is crushing. I’m looking at hiring an assistant. Anyway, you all make it back ot the minstrel or the hideout, wherever you want and we can move forward. Let me know what’s next!

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
AS Vogh exited the apartment and saw the two guards standing by, she shot them a smile.  “There is a whole complex below that apartment even beyond the sewers.  Very very old stuff I must say.  Some nasty demons as well.  Be careful and stay on alert I would hate for something to happen to either of you.”  Vogh would stay long enough for either of them to ask any questions or make any comments.

I tell you, you work way more now than you did when you were doing most of it yourself!!!!

What is the date?  If we have a ton of time left before the part, I think what we will do, after talking to Bharash, is 1.  Sell the stuff. 2. Fix his sword.  3. Do some research on Shigmaa and anything to do with the Night of Dissolution and any information about all the chaos cults.  4. Let Belie’s connections see if they can find anything about Wuntad and associates.

All this should take at least 3 days then we can head back down.  I was thinking about waiting till I could use my lyre again to aid in the excavation of the building we dropped.  How long is that?

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash meanwhile departs with something of a jaunty bounce in his step and stops in the apartment building to loot the first evacuated apartments pantry for a bottle of wine or a jug of small beer, which he drinks with every evidence of being parched. From there he simply tags along with The Merry Band at first, looking – for the most part – simply glad to be out and about in the sun once more.

===========================================================
Belie
———————————————————–
Belie was happy to be gone from the area. His magical pack was filled with loot the group decided to split up. He did his usual disguise changes as he returned to the Welcome Inn, leaving the group to their devices. They agreed on loot division and when they would meet next. He promised to bring any information gathered as soon as he heard anything.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Date: 25th of Growth

The group slept in and took their time eating the next day. A light misty rain kept the sky tinted with clouds and a sheen of moisture on everything. Just a bit of wet, nothing that slowed down the people of Ptolus.

They made their usual rounds to offload all their wares. Perhaps soon Vogh and Talin would be able to just set out what they found for sale in their own shop rather than running around town.

The following day Myraeth sent word he had information for them on the orb they had found.

Once inside his shop the elf ushered them into the back room which was neatly organized. Dozens of items sat on shelves and in boxes, likely awaiting identification just like their orb, because Myraeth pulled it from one such box.

===========================================================
Myraeth Tuneweaver (NPC)
———————————————————–
“Greetings my friends! You have brought me yet another Oddity.” The elder elf chuckled at his reference to his own shop then continued. “But odd this is indeed. More and more strange chaos items are appearing from the world below and this is one such device. It’s not mundane, nor is it magical, exactly…

This glass sphere is filled with seething demonflesh of a marilith. When a wielder breaks it against a creature, or themselves, the demonflesh covers the target, forming a sheath of flesh around it in the form of a demon. The creature can then use any of the demon’s extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities, as well as those accompanying the form – claw and bite attacks, for example. The only exception is the demon’s gate ability, which the target creature does not gain. The demonform lasts for one minute. However, there is a rather nasty twist. Unlike a transformation spell, when a creature first gains the demonform, it must succeed in a battle of wills or be affected like a chaotic possession spell. Most likely by the demon whose flesh this is. Ordinarily I would not bother with such chaos technology, but considering this effect is not too distant from magic I am willing to purchase. I’m willing to offer you 9,000 gold pieces for this.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh followed Myraeth and Talin into the back.  When Myraeth began to explain what the item was Vogh’s eyes went wide.  “So, if that thing breaks on a person they take on the abilities of the one that is trapped?  How in the world is such a thing possible?  Do they also look like the demon or whatever is trapped?”

[Private to GM: This sounds like the stuff in the drizzt books… did you model this after that?]

===========================================================
Myraeth Tuneweaver (NPC)
———————————————————–
“That’s my understanding, yes. I do not understand the process. This stuff is all so odd. It’s ancient, but new at the same time. The technology of the ancients is being lost and forgotten, but also rediscovered. Few know or understand chaos technology, and most simply avoid or destroy it. My research on this came from truly aged tomes of knowledge which are incomplete due to the decay of time. Chaositech is half magic, half mad science and technology.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“What you’re saying is that that thing lets you wear a demon like a sleeve, but there’s a good chance the demon will end up in charge when you’re done?” Bharash asks, looking considerably happier after having bathed, eaten and slept – he still needs to find the time to get his sword repaired of course, but even those little things are enough to put him back on-track to feeling like himself.

Which of course means that he can hardly help but groan and observe “Yeah, that does not sound like a good idea… Unless there’s some way of using the same magic to call up something a bit less demon-y.”

===========================================================
Myraeth Tuneweaver (NPC)
———————————————————–
The elf chuckled at Bharash’s statement but also nodded in agreement. “Quite right sir. Quite right indeed. I myself would never try such a thing, but I’ve no penchant for dealing with demons. However, I can see the draw for a weak in body user of the arcane who was in site straights using such a device as a form of protection. That said, it seems there are far better methods. But I digress. Almost all of the chaos technology I come across borders on the insane. I suppose that makes sense for things literally built on chaotic principals, the knowledge of creation mostly attributed to entities of evil. Still, I’m not here to judge. Merely here to make a profit.” He ended with a shrug and a smile.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Having been watching what was being said by everyone, Deacon asks, “Is there a way to reverse engineer that thing and figure out how it was made?”

===========================================================
Myraeth Tuneweaver (NPC)
———————————————————–
The elf shook his head and shrugged his shoulders simultaneously. “I don’t know Master Deacon. Those who deal in this stuff are not forthcoming with their secrets, and most fall on the unsavory side.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
“I understand that.  I was only thinking that if I could do it and perhaps get the essence of a celestial or something like that then it could be a huge boon!”  Deacon replied with a bit of sorrow to his tone.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

His credentials as the resident ‘one who thinks before he pokes the magic thing’ once more established, Bharash goes back to quietly browsing while the group does its thing, mentally planning out what he’ll do later – to include swinging by Iltumar’s to make a time for him and his lads to get some practice in, as well as a few other errands such as grocery shopping in case the group remembers what he sincerely hopes they’ve forgotten.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Sorry to disappoint Deacon but we are going to take the offer and sell it.  Thank you for your offer Myraeth.  We seem to be finding more and more chaositech items as we dig deeper into this mystery.  We are running into the problem that most people aren’t accepting any of the tech for gold.”  Vogh said to Myraeth.

After everything else was taken care of Vogh said her farewell and headed out to sell the rest of the wares they managed to bring back.

===========================================================
Myraeth Tuneweaver (NPC)
———————————————————–
Myraeth nodded with pursed lips. “Yes, quite right. As I said, few deal with these strange creations. Most of them are too dangerous to handle, let alone use effectively. They seem to be nearly the exclusive purview of some unsavory types. However, I’m happy to do the nine thousand gold for this one as I am certain to have an interested buyer due to the demonic nature.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Wonderful!  Thank you once more for the sale.  Perhaps in a few days we will be back with more for you.  One never knows what we find in the depths below the city.”  Once the sale was complete Vogh was ready to go.

“We really should offload all these rats tails next.”  Vogh said as she looked into her pack and smelt the stench from the severed tails.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
When the group left Myraeth’s Deacon stopped them just after Vogh said they were going to get rid of the tails.  “I am going to take my leave.  I need to find a scroll to be able to repair Bharash’s blade and I don’t know if the pyramid has the spell.  when would you like to meet again and where?”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Pass. I need to arrange a time and place for that lesson I offered… Was it Iltumar? The kid who just got back from an expedition? He and his friends wanted to get some blade time in and I offered to talk to them.” Bharash states, while mentally crossing his fingers that no-one remembers what else he’s supposed to be doing.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin nodded to Bharash. He leaned in close to the warrior and spoke softly. “Iltumar it is. Kid that works at the Bull and Bear Armory. We’ve been training with him for months. He’s gotten better, but we think he’s also gotten in with a not-great crowd. Belie has been keeping an eye on him a bit, I think anyway. We think he might have gotten in with one of the chaos cults. Notice the broken square signet ring he wears. We identified that from the book you all found in that crazy house. And, if you can, maybe see if you can get him to talk about it some more.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group made their rounds to Rastor’s weapons, Star Jewelers to offload the gems for coin with the always dwarves who were always excited for gems, the city building to trade severed rat tails for gold and finally the Bull and Bear where Iltumar was beyond excited to see the group. He practically jumped over the counter in zeal to spar with the incredible warrior Bharash. All told the group was tens of thousands of gold pieces richer from their endeavor.

Everyone took note at the city office when they turned in such a huge pile of tails. The functionary had to bring over a higher up official to approve the large amount of gold.

Finally the group, minus Deacon and Belie, retired for the evening.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Thought so. He’s got a small group he adventures with, and I’m always happy to work with up and coming sorts. I’ll talk with the lad.” Bharash replies, something that he sets to words as he wanders into the Bull and the Bear and raises a hand to the lad, advising him to gather up word from his fellows and arrange for a suitable time and place that they can see about some training.

From there, he’s mostly interested in getting the stack of money counted up, notarised and made available for his real estate venture, something which is of course going to occupy him – his need to go and pick up some basic equipment along the way notwithstanding (he’s not going down into the dungeons without a canteen again, that’s for certain).

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
After Deacon had left the group he had teleported back to the Inverted Pyramid.  He looked around a little first to see if anyone was there.  He didn’t want to mentally check for it can be distracting at times.  Before long though when Deacon entered the library, for what wizard doesn’t love a library, he found someone inside.  The man was reading over a very large tome, as Deacon came in, the man looked up.  Then said, “Greetings, I believe we haven’t met before, my name is Qaldor Withers.  What is your name?”

Thankfully when the man looked up Deacon could pretty easily read his lips, “I am Deacon Havenhold.  I am relatively new to the organization actually.  Jevicca Nor thought highly enough about me that she invited me to join.  I am actually here because I am looking for a spell.”

Qaldor smiled, “Well, very nice to meet you, Deacon.  What spell are you looking for perhaps we can make an exchange if I have it and you have one I need?”

Deacon smiled in-like, “Oh that would be great, the name is Make Whole but the greater version.  I have a friend that went and broke one of his weapons and needs it repaired.”

“Well Deacon, you are in luck.  I once adventured quite a bit and some of my companions broke their weapons as well.  Always requesting I rebuild them for them.  I can let you copy it if you have Fire Shield, Scrying, or Conjuration Foil.”  Qaldor said with a grin, hoping Deacon had one of the spells.

Deacon’s eyes went big, he knew he had scrying and said as much,  pulling out his spellbook from his voluminous robe Deacon stepped to the table Qaldor was sitting at.  “I have scrying for you if you don’t mind?”

After a few hours, both wizards were finished scribing the spells and Deacon then called out to the unseen servant.  “I would like anything you have on Shigmaa.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Qualdor scrunched up his face in confusion then shook his head. “Sir, the servants are not that capable. While there are nseen servants at the beck and call of any member, they mostyl roam nonprivate areas cleaning, tidying, and running errands. They can bring food, different furniture, or mundane supplies at any time, but they are not capable of doing research for you.”

[Private to Vogh: Did we use them that way before?]

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon only shrugged and said, “Well, guess I will have to get my hands dirty then myself.  By the way, thank you again for the spell, my friend will certainly be happy that his blade is back in working order once more.”

Deacon wasn’t sure how he could look through the library blindly.  The thing held probably thousands of books.  Instead, he called Dora, hoping that she might be able to help him.  “I hope I am not bothering you Dora, but I am in need of assistance in the library.  I am looking for any information about Shigmaa.”

Rolled a 19 on my knowledge check

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
19:12, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 17,22 using d20+14,d20+16.  History, Religion checks.

Julia too had left the group after they had sold a majority of the stuff they had recovered.  She had some business that she wanted to do and had promised she would.  “I will meet you all back at the Minstrel this evening.”

Julia had changed her look by quite a bit before heading outside.  She now looked much younger, a young female adventurer, rich black short hair, leather armor with a pack on her back.  Her crossbow now looked like a bow strung across her back.  There was also a rapier strapped to her waist.  She was heading near the Warrens and wanted to not look so helpless.

Julia was headed to see Sister Auga Mittermire at St. Laphest’s Open Arms on Curtain Street, which was just south of the Warrens, actually.  Julia hailed a carriage and in short order, she was at the Chapel.  Julia walked up and just before heading inside she changed herself back to herself.  Entering she asked the first person she saw, “I am looking for Sister Auga Mittermire.  Is she available to speak?”  The young attendant asked her name before disappearing.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash, offering the others a cheerful ‘later’ and having established a time to meet the young fellow and his friends heads off to speak to the investigator he hired a few days before, looking to see if anything has come of his earlier suspicions.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Deacon Havenhold

Dora answered Deacon and directed him mentally on the best ways to get started without physically joining him in the huge library.

Deacon’s research took him a great deal of time. Surprisingly, he realized his search in the arcane sections was incorrect. After poring over countless tomes and searching indexes, he saw the light fading through the library’s translucent walls and he found himself in the undead section.

His research brought him to a series of small and mostly incomplete books. Seemingly the authors intended to add more, but didn’t finish their work. Barda Wheatflow wrote one book. While a wizard, his service to the god of creation Castain drove him against the undead practices of Heiran and Nareis, the Sisters of Death. Deacon even had to research who Castain was, as apparently the god predated Lothian! Felosial Firahel, clearly an elf – and likely a female – judging by the curving and graceful script, delved even deeper into the shigmaa ritual and their undead, but alive, state of being. Third, but possibly the most detailed was a tome by Koeth Qualanthri. He was another elf, but with hard pressed letters in the elven script, wide and strong in his penmanship, exacting and perfect with spacing and grammer.

From these books Deacon was able to glean the shigmaa was not a thing, but rather a ritual bestowed title. Reveared among the Forsaken, worshipers of undeath and death, these people were alived but deeply and evily connected to death. The shigmaa were reviled by anyone with a shred of good in them, as to obtain the title one must undergo a hideous, terrible scarification ritual and finally must die then be resurrected. Furthering the horror, it seemed each time a shigmaa died and was resurrected, they became more and more powerful, tied closer to death and its powers.

Felosial Firahel had a list of known shigmaa, but no date accompanied her ledger, so Deacon had no way of knowing the age of the document. Shigmaa Irretharm, Herald of the Wintersouled was listed first, then Shigmaa Urasta was referenced as possibly highest in the order, a leader among the Forsaken. Finally Shigmaa Cynric Gallow was named but with a question mark without explanation.

Koeth mentioned the Keepers of the Veil had documented several run-ins with Shigmaa Surmoil Rallekred, but no specific details were mentioned. The Calling had encountered the Keepers at least once, whose fortress was the Siege Tower that guarded the Necropolis entrance.

Both elves mentioned that it seemed almost all undead would defer to a shigmaa, and none of the authors knew specific powers wielded by these unnatural beings, but all hinted at immense power.

[Private to GM: Shigmaa Cynric Gallow, Urasta’s lieutenant (page 246).
Shigmaa Irretharm, Herald of the Wintersouled; shigmaa in name only (page 270).
Shigmaa Surmoil Rallekred, liaison with the Fallen, (page 244).
Shigmaa Urasta, tiefling leader of the Forsaken (page 114).
Shigmaa Wuntad, seeks to unite all the Cults of Chaos for the Night of Dissolution (page 73).

One of the shigmaa killed people, I think Cynric, so he likely took out these wizards.]

OOC: Give me time, I’m working on Julia and Bharash’s posts too! Lots of writing and research for me 😀

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
As Deacon began to pour over all the information he was finally able to get, he pulled out some of his papyrus and ink and jotted down notes thanks to Dora.  There was a lot to take in here and may lead to other inquiries later on.

Since it was later than he thought it might have gotten, Deacon just went back to his room.  He would relay all that he learned to his companions when he saw them in the morning.

Deacon would make sure that he had everything ready to be able to fix Bharash’s blade when he saw him in the morning.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When everyone seemed to be dispersing, Vogh looked to Talin and asked, “What shall we do?  I think first we should go see Degar and Theriad and see if they need anything.  Then we can just spend some time together.  Sound good?”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin’s eyes beamed at the thought of just spending time with Vogh.  Things had been so hectic and having the downtime to talk and just be together sounded just right to him.

When he agreed the both of them headed close towards their new home-to-be and then dimension door’d inside.  A practice they had performed many times.

===========================================================
Degar Ravenspell (NPC)
———————————————————–
Degar was happy to see them both and naturally asked how the others were doing as well.  He was covered in soot having been working at his anvil redeeming the evil weapons they had brought back from the bane warrens.  “I am just about finished with one of the weapons, a fine-looking bastard sword.  I finished a mace about a week ago that you are welcome to take with you to sell.  Speaking of which, I am going to need some new supplies for the forge and perhaps some better masterwork tools.  I am sure that Theriad has a list of things for you as well.  He is back in the library.  Oh, wait, you don’t know about the library yet.  Ha, all them books and study stuff you keep bringing back from your adventures were beginning to stack up around the place and so THeriad being the bookworm he is, decided a rightful library was in store.”

Degar led them back towards the exit and then turned right.  At the end of the hall, the door stood open with candlelight emitting out from inside.  When Degar announced himself as they approached the door, Theriad came out.  He had some reading glasses on the tip of his nose and a book in his right hand.  “Ah, hello my friends!  Come I have something I want to show you.”  He led them through the doorway and into a nice and comfy lit room with shelves full of books, a desk, and a chair as well as a nice comfy looking couch.  “I figured the books needed a home.  What do you all think?”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin looked at everything and his jaw dropped.  It looks spectacular in the room.  Comfy too he must add.  “I think it looks great, Theriad.  You certainly have been busy!”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Julia Graymantle

Several minutes passed and Julia was able to obserb several people come and go during the time. Nearly everyone was dressed poorly, many of them women with small children who were dirty and without footwear most of the time. St. Laphest served such people here on the outskirts of the poorest district in the entire city.

Finally a slight woman in her late forties with a long face, blue eyes and brown hair trimmed short appeared from the back. Sister Auga Mittermire wore the robes of an Order of Dayra Sister, including a painted blue, wooden ankh bearing Lothinan’s outstretched form. She was wiping her hands with a stained dish rag upon approaching Julia.

“Hello Miss. Sister Mara mentioned you might come by. I did not believe her that one in such a high standing in the Church would deigh to visit us down here. But happy I am that you have. How may I be of service to you?”

OOC: Make a perception check for Julia.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

Bharash arrived outside the small office of the investigator he had hired. The man, Donald Rowntree, was shuffling some paperwork around on his large desk. The middle-aged, human man was bald with brown eyes and pockmarked pink skin. At halfway between five and six feet tall, Bharash simply towered over the man. His round face was plain and broken only by a soul patch adorning a narrow chin.

“Mister Bharash. A pleasure to see you again. No doubt here about the information you requested?” Donald seemed mostly at ease, but the warrior knew better than to trust such outward show. “This information came at great peril to myself, and cost me more than I wanted…”

Rowntree allowed his words to hang in the air as he slowly took a seat behind his desk and gestured for Bharash to do the same. He had rather plush chairs which might hold the warrior, but whose upholstery also might not handle his armor and scales.

“You see, it seems the perpetrator of the crime against you was none other than a Killraven assasin. They are a newer group in Ptolus, but quickly making a name for themselves. You must have angered some very powerful people with deep pockets. I was unable to ascertain whom it was that hired them, but I was able to get a name of the one whom attacked you…”

Again the man paused, annoyingly, in a manner trying to tease the unflappable Bharash.

“Egos Isilielenion.”

Rowntree steepled his fingers and watched Bharsh for any reaction or recognition.

“He is an old firbolg bounty hunter and assasin, but he should be little trouble for one such as yourself. Egos spends most of his time here in the South Market, bouncing around bars when he’s not ‘working,’ if you know what I mean. A fat dwarf named Dollin Ebonhome seems to be Egos’ handler. He spends most of his time in the North Market. Now… about my payment and covering those extra costs…”

[Private to GM: Donald Rowntree is a 41 year old male human.
He has a bald head and brown eyes.
He has soft, pockmarked, pink skin.
He stands 167cm (5’5″) tall and has a skinny build.
He has a round, attractive face with a medium soul patch.
He is severely allergic to gluten.

He openly worships Chauntea, Goddess of agriculture, farmers, gardeners and summer. (Neutral Good)
He often spies on other people.
He is very obstinate.
He reacts violently to grass.

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relationship Status: In a relationship

Plot Hook: He has been pressured by local drug dealers into selling drugs.

He is lying to Bharash and didn’t even bother researching the attack, but rather decided to turn this to his advantage to weaken the Killravens and possibly get them off his back.

Egos Isilielenion is a 245 year old male firbolg bounty hunter/assassin.
He has cropped, wavy, blond hair and brown eyes.
He has rough brown skin.
He stands 202cm (6’7″) tall and has a beefy build.
He has a square, slightly disfigured face.
He is slightly cross-eyed.

He loudly worships Angharradh, Goddess of spring, fertility, planting, birth, defense, wisdom. (Chaotic Good)

He is very cynical.
He is slightly conceited.
His tries to keep away from crowds.
He compares everything to a fight.
He secretly wants to become the ruler of the city.
He is divorced.]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Mr Silverglass actually, but Bharash is fine” the Dragonborn answers with impeccable politeness, his usually imposing size… Well, still rather imposing actually, but at least reduced somewhat when he’s not wearing a suit of full plate armour. He offers the man a hand, only to look puzzled from nearly the first moment.

Puzzled, and then gently alarmed.

Gently alarmed and then puzzled again.

Until at last, he very patiently explains “Mr Rowntree… I… I thought I was exquisitely clear about what I wanted you do to. I certainly didn’t ask you to chase after a highly skilled assassin, or get involved in the politics of the city. All I wanted you to do was a simple investigative task that I didn’t have time – or, truthfully the skill for.”, after which he attempts – not for the first time – to lay out his thinking and what he actually needed “I didn’t care about the one who attacked us. I assumed that they were some sort of professional, and that they wouldn’t give up their employer lightly, even if they knew them. I asked you to investigate other attacks like the one that happened to us, ones that used the same methods. I’d hoped, that by comparing victims we might be able to ascertain what enemy or enemies they shared in common.”

He lets that hang in the air for a moment, before asking in some confusion “Why in the world would you go chasing off after an assassin after I asked for that?”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
In reply to Narrator GM

11:09, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 18 using 1d20+13.  perception check.

Julia felt an overwhelming need to help some of these people.  The way the children and sometimes the parents were shoeless had Julia feeling a pang of guilt deep down inside her heart.  Julia too looked for anything that may be out of place to her as well.

When Sister Auga Mittermire approached her, Julia looked at the rag she was wiping her hands with.  Then looked back up to meet her eyes as she began to speak.  “Thank you Sister Auga, but I believe that no one is so important that they can’t help in any way they can if possible.  That is why I am here.  To help!  I can make it a regular thing as well.  Can you tell me all that you do here Sister Auga Mittermire?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
In reply to Degar Ravenspell

When Vogh saw the Library that Theriad had made, Vogh’s eyes were very big.  “Oh my goodness, Theriad!  This is spectacular.  I love it.”  Vogh began to look around the room at the books gathered.  Theriad had gotten more books it seemed as well, for the shelves were pretty packed. Vogh then asked, “If there is anything you would like to see up there don’t hesitate to ask.”  Vogh then pulled out a new tome that they had recovered.  “We just came across this down below the city.  I am sure you will find a great place for it.”

After sharing some stories with the two, Vogh and Talin made their way back with a ‘pop’ of a dimension door.  Another hailing of a carriage, they were well on their way back to the Minstrel.  They were waiting on word about many different things and wanted to check in there before heading upstairs.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Julia Graymantle

As Sister Auga shook Julia’s hand, she noticed several healed scars on the woman’s lower arm. They appeared to be cuts, but nearly uniform in size and distance. Julia surmised there might be more of these cuts going up the woman’s arm but she had no idea why.

With Julia’s response the Sister cocked her head in interest. Julia could see appreciation, but trepidation, in the woman’s eyes.

“Admirable. Few in the Church seem to care about our mission down here. Our funding is almost non-existent, and our allies among the leadership nearly non-existent. Why don’t you follow me?”

Turning on her heel the woman strolled away and toward the back from which she came originally. Julia and she entered the kitchen area with several people hard at work. One other woman dressed in a Dyra robe, while the rest appeared to be common folk. A middle aged halfling woman stood atop a stool in order to reach a table where she was kneeding bread. An elderly man, bald with rough, dirty dark tanned skin was scrubbing away on dishes. A few children were peeling potatoes, cleaning and performing other tasks suited to their size.

One man stood out to Julia. Short for a human, and with an expensive – likely magical – short sword on his hip, he eyed Julia up and down like a street fighter would judge a rival. He wore only a leather vest, which left his thick – almost dwarf like – arms and chest exposed, both of which sported far more body hair than was normal. Based on his height, ample belly, muscles and hair one might think he actually had some dwarf blood in him. But no self-respecting dwarf would have a clean shaven head and face. [Private to GM: Bergard Ollut. male human warrior7]

Sister Auga led Julia into a very small office, which barely had room for both of them. Two well worn wooden chair fit in the space, with the women’s knees almost touching.

“All that we do? Well, every day St. Laphest’s provides almost two hundred meals for the needy, free of charge. When possible, we also hand out blankets and clothing. Although our facility has no beds available, people without homes can use the building as shelter during inclement weather or when a cold wind blows off the Whitewind Sea. We do have a few quarters upstairs, but they are only for the Sisters who work here. We dare not allow anyone else to stay over night. I wish to think the best of people, but those in extreme poverty will often act out of desperation.”

OOC: What is Julia’s circumstance with her eyesight again? I thought she was partially blind. Ha. I just now remembered that.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

Narrator GM, on behalf of Bharash, rolled 30 using 1d20+15 ((15)). Perception

Bharash saw panic on the man’s face as he reminded the investigator of what he had been asked to do, but the warrior watched as he could almost see an idea form in the man’s head as Rowntree composed himself and explained.

“Well, yes, no, I understand Mr. Silverglass. I, I, I was merely trying to go the extra mile for one such as yourself.” As the man spoke, he gained confidence in his words and stopped stuttering.

“You see, it was quite obvious to one such as myself there had been other attacks like this, so I didn’t need to research too in-depth. You see, this is the way of many in the Killraven band. Assasination attempts, poison, etcetera. They are at war with the Balacazars, subtely of course, but we often see the result of their subterfuge when the sun rises in the form of bodies in the ditches and alleyways. Egos, Dollin, all of the Killraven gang like to stick to the shadows and kill, then slip away. They aren’t very numerous in number yet, if the rumors are to be believed. But no matter. No matter. I didn’t chase after anyone, merely plied my trade Mr. Silverglass, and gathered information. But to your original question, yes, of course there have been other attcks like this. However,” the man raised a finger to enunciate his point.

“Never has the Killravens, or really anyone for that matter, ever made an assassination attempt inside the Ghostly Minstrel. That was quite odd and out of character. You see, there are a great number of powerful people who frequent the Minstrel, and don’t want to see any mischief there. I surmise some of those people are quite angry about the attack and are seeking some form of retribution as well. My apologies if I overstepped. I was merely trying to do the best job for you I could.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“No, no… I’m not upset or offended… Just a little disappointed.” Bharash answers, holding up a hand in order to make the reassuring, palm-down gesture of someone looking to reassure the one he’s speaking with as they talk.

Not that that means he’s a pushover, as he explains “But you do understand that this is exactly what I didn’t ask for, don’t you?”, going on to elaborate “Knowing that these ‘Killravens’ – seriously? That’s the name they’re using? Was someone already using ‘Nightshadows’? – wouldn’t normally dare to make a move in the Minstrel is useful information to me. It points at someone who has something on them, or with whom they have a strong connection, since they were taking a considerable risk.”

“My original thought was also that the poison wasn’t lethal and so we were being sent a message or someone was attempting a kidnapping. I’ve had cause to rethink that since… I think it’s more likely that my companions were just lucky and I… Well… Let’s just say that you’d probably have to spend more on poison than you’d make on the contract to get through my constitution, especially after growing up with Gramma Shadow’s cooking.”, displaying rather more penchant for thinking about motives than the average muscular adventuring sort.

===========================================================
Re: 312761 Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
The man-child that just seemed out of place to Julia really stuck in her head.  She would ask the sister about him once she was done talking.

“That is a lot of help you all give to the people out this way.  It saddens me that there isn’t much more that can be done with grants or something like that.  Your work here is very important, especially with the children.  I will see if I can put in a word with the church to see if we can get more aid this way.  Speaking of help, I would like to inquire who the man was that we passed by.  The one with the leather vest and bald head?  Is he someone who has helped out a long time here?  Also, anything happen that seem unusual to you around here?”

OOC: She has difficulty seeing well after 30ft.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

Donald was visibly frigtened, but tried to keep his composure. He studdered again at Bharash’s question. “Yes, yes, no, yes I totally understand that’s not what you asked.” He looked confused at Bharash’s mocking of the gang’s name but just kept listening, wide eyed, as the dragon-born worked down through his logic and thoughts. “Um. Ok. Well, yes, considering the missunderstanding on my part we can stick to our original fee of 20 gold and not worry about the extra. Do… Do you want me to make any further inquiries?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Julia Graymantle

Sister Auga smiled at Julia with genuine appreciation in her eyes. “Thank you. I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately not everyone in the clergy agrees with you. They have asked me multiple times to shut down. I have simply refused and told them we would find a way to keep doing what we’re doing even without them.”

(OOC: Roll another perception check)

The sisiter chuckled when asked about the big man. “He is a special gentleman. Bergard Ollut is his name. He has lived his entire life as a thug and a criminal, if we’re being completely honest. When he was a child, his mother and siblings ate here nearly every night. After Bergard’s father died, his mother could not make enough to care for the family. I was terribly sad to see the life Bergard chose to live, getting involved in crime and other unsavory pursuits. But, Lothian has used crime for good, because as Bergard climbed the ranks and gained respect he has made it known St. Laphest’s is never to be bothered. His presence and protection have been a boon to our safety. We simply count our blessings. It is ironic that many criminals in the Warrens, and the rest of the city, grew up in these walls so Bergard isn’t even the only rough character who lets others know to leave St. Laphest’s alone.” Sister Auga wore a small smile as she looked away thinking whistfully.

“But I digress. That’s who he is Miss.” Remembering Julia’s other question she pursed her lips and cocked her head side-to-side in thought.

“I mean, we are near the Warrens, anything unusual in the rest of the city is probably common place around here.” Auga snickered in jest. “Sister Mara asked me the same question, and we have noticed it’s been a bit quieter down here. We’ve seen the same number of folks coming for aid, but stories of crime have been a bit less of late. There have been mention of several disappearances, which isn’t atypical for the area, but perhaps it’s been more lately. People just going missing, sometimes children. Usually that means the Pale Dogs got them to join their gang, but… I don’t think that’s it. I am so busy tending to needs I don’t have much time for gossip I’m affraid.”

[Private to GM: Have Bergard tell them there have been some disappearances, but the thing making crime quieter is some unknown vigilante that’s been attacking every gang indescriminately. Abercrombe…]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The fear seems somewhat out of character, at least as far as Bharash can tell… He’s a large, intimidating individual yes but he’s not actually threatened the man he’s speaking to and indeed, gone out of his way to be reassuring.

A further question to raise later then, although the big Dragonborn shakes his head slowly, which might be unsettling except for the fact that he then follows it with “No, you went to this risk on my behalf even if you had no cause to do so, and I suppose my associates and I can at least attempt to seek out this gentleman you mentioned.”, as he does so reaching into his sadly flat purse – which is tucked inside his tunic – to count out a small stack of thirty crowns as well as a single, shining dragon.

Double the asked-for price and it’s slid across the desktop with a small, rueful smile on the part of the Dragonborn “I should not however, expect that kind of consideration in future. As for following up? I don’t think so at the moment. If we should want to know more, I’ll be in touch however.”

===========================================================
Re: 312761 Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
14:16, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 19 using 1d20+13.  perception.

Julia’s featured grew sorrowful when Sister Auga mentioned that the church here has been asked to shut down many times.  Julia will definitely be talking to the high-ups on that one.  Julia then reached around to her pack and with a thought, her purse was in her hand.  The coins obviously clinking as she opening the pouch.  Julia fished out 10 dragons and laid them on the table.  “That should help you with getting things that you need and stocking up on things you have been needing.  I will personally see to it that there is more done about this.  I have friends that can possibly help with other things as well.”

When Sister Auga mentioned that the man Bergard Ollut was a criminal, Julia had her answer for the look he had given her when they locked eyes.  “Do you know which organization he works for?  I can understand that his being here means protection from the others but, if he has something that deserves punishment we can’t turn a blind eye, Sister Auga.”

With the last bit of news, Julia was nodding.  She understood how things were down in the Warrens, even though she had never lived there.  It was a rough life and people tried to get by with what they had.  “The disappearances have been happening all about the city as well.  It is troubling, but I think my friends and I have come across a possible reason and have been checking it out.  Now, that we have gotten all the talk out of the way, how can I help around here?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

Donald Rowntree snatched up the coins immediately and pocketed them, thanking Bharash profusely and apologizing in between thanks. “Yes. Yes. I totally understand Mr. Silverglass.” The investigator stood and moved to walk Bharash out of his office. “Now you be careful sir. They are a nasty sort, but I’m sure you can handle them. Nine Hells, you already did I guess.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Julia Graymantle

Perception Answer: Julia noticed when the Sister mentioned she would find a way that she also unconsciously rubbed her arms.

Sister Auga’s eyes opened wide at the large donation. “Oh Julia! This is too much! I cannot ask you to give this much coin?! This is far to generous Miss!” With Julia’s insistence the Sister finally accepted the coin and tucked it into her robes. “I will put this some place safer very soon.” She practically whispered.

Her head shook at Julia’s question about Bergard but then her eyes widened in a bit of fear at Julia’s statement about punishmeent. “I don’t know my dear. Truthfully, I’ve never asked. I supposed to don’t want to know.” She patted the air as if to slow Julia. “Oh dear. I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t know of anything he’s done personally. You must understand how hard life is for the poor down here. Often the children must choose between joining gangs and starving to death. Our order can only do so much down here.”

Sister Mittermire pinched her lips together at Julia’s statement about the disappearances and cocked her head with a twinkle in her eye about Julia and her friends possibly knowing the solution. But the embodiment of propper, Auga did not probe deeper.

“Well dear, you’ve already done a great deal more than you can imagine.” She said, patting the coins in her robes. “What can you do? Cook? Clean? Or you are blessed of Lothian to heal aren’t you? There are always those with ailments about St. Laphest’s.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia noticed the unconscious rubbing of her arms but didn’t know what to make of it.  “Sister Auga, is everything okay?  You aren’t injured or anything like that are you?  I would like to take a look either way if that would be alright with you?”

When Sister Auga finally asked what she was capable of doing, Julia said, “I can do anything you need me to do.  Naturally, I am gifted in the healing arts as Lothian has blessed me with the ability to see things that I normally wouldn’t have been able to.”

Julia also has Blindsense to 30ft.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Sister Auga’s eyes widened in fear at Julia’s question but she emphatically shook her head side to side, careful not to raise her arms. “No. No. No. I’m fine. Lothian has blessed me with a small measure of healing ability too, so I am capable of taking care of myself and the simplest of maladies.”

She was happy to have the conversation change so she nodded with a small smile. “Absolutely. I think touching the sick would be a huge boon to those who visit us. Do you know Sister Klavissa Norand? No? Oh, she’s another blessed of Lothian.” Auga stood, keeping her hands down, so as not to raise her sleeves she made a small gestured to urge Julia to leave the office and explained further. “She was originally of the Order of Dayra, but she was reassigned to the Order of the Dawn because of her impressive martial skills. Lothian blessed her more in combat than in healing, but as a Paladin she does have some ability to channel the divine into others. But you are likely far beyond her abilities even, so anything you can do for our people would be a huge blessing.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
The insistence of Sister Auga really had Julia wondering what was happening with the woman but she let it go for the moment.  “I will go and give Sister Klavissa Norand a hand.  My healing powers are quite strong and I can help many at the same time.  I hope we can speak some more later.  I am worried about you.”

With that, Julia headed out of the small office and went to find Sister Klavissa Norand to give her aid. It didn’t take her long to find out, with a question to someone, that the Paladin was not here.

DM Edit. Sorry. It didn’t take her long to find her with a simple question to someone.

“Sister Klavissa Norand, I am Julia Graymantle and have come to give you any assistance you need with any healing.  Sister Auga said I should seek you out.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The young man who was ladling out too thin soup whispered back to her. “Oh Bergard wouldn’t be here if she was. He hates her. But she normally doesn’t come around until night when she’s off duty anyway. Sorry miss.” He went back to dishing out spoonfuls of soup to each person with an empty bowl.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The desperation and nervousness of the investigator make Bharash rather more uncomfortable than most anything else ever could… But at the end of the day, he’s not the mans keeper and so settles things with a warm handshake and a rumble of “Peace, peace. You may not have done what I asked, but you did work hard. I’ll put it to my companions and we’ll see about following up on things. Look after yourself, Mr Rowntree, and I hope we’ll talk again.”

With that settled, he heads off to see to his other pending appointment with the young band of would-be adventurers – since he hasn’t yet been advised that his Dreaming Alchemist order is ready, he doesn’t know if Deacon’s able to fix his sword yet and he’s waiting on a message to advance the matter of real estate.

He’s all of a sudden a busy lad, is Bharash.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
In reply to Narrator GM

“Well, thank you for the information,”  Julia said to the young man.  She wondered why Sister Auga had told her to find the woman if she wasn’t here?  It seemed odd to her so Julia went back to the little office where she left Sister Auga and if the door was closed she would just walk in.  If it were open Julia would look inside for Sister Auga.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Julia saw Sister Auga working in the kitchens after the failed attempt to find the paladin. Bergard eyed her, but turned away as soon as Julia paid him any attention. Auga asked Julia, “Did you find someone to heal? Were you able? Do you need anything?”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
When Julia finally found Sister Auga in the kitchen she came to her and before Julia could say anything Sister Auga asked her a question.  “No, I was looking for Sister Klavissa Norand.  Of course, if you had told me that she won’t be in till tonight I would have just found someone to help.”  Julia didn’t want to question the Sister’s authority but she clearly was not right.  “Sister Auga I would like to speak with you in private again.  Please come with me.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The sister started to debate Julia, explaining that she never said the woman was there at that moment, but simply shrugged and followed along with Julia’s leading her back to the office. “What is wrong Julia?” Auga said with more than a bit of concern, and a touch of frustration, in her voice.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
“I would like for you to please show me your arms, Sister Auga.  If you will not, I will be forced to give a report to higher that someone needs to come to the church here and figure out what is going on.  Now, I am sure you don’t want that so, please just show me your arms.  I am here to help and I think you are in need of help.”  Julia remained calm and even had a caring tone to her words.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The sister’s eyes went wide as saucers. “What?! I Never! Who do you think you are?!” Auga started at Julia but saw the woman wasn’t backing down so in a huff she pushed her sleeves up to the elbows. Both arms had what looked like rituatlized cuts from just above her wrist up to her elbows and likely beyond. “There! Are you happy?! But it’s not what you think!” The woman was quick to protest.

“Promise you will not tell anyone what I’m about to show you…” Sister Auga pleaded with her eyes, then turned to a locked drawer on her desk. She produced a small key tucked into her belt and unlocked the drawer. From the drawer came a deep marron cloth which when the sister opened it revealed a curved dagger that was clearly clean, but still looked to be stained in blood.

“It’s called the ‘knife of blood money’ and it turns fresh blood into 10 gold coins once a day.” Auga held the cloth in both hands with the dagger rested atop. She met Julia’s gaze with pleading eyes. “The item is evil, I know that, and it’s purpose was meant to extract gold from innocents, but I’ve been using it to supplement our coffers and provide for the poor! If anyone at the Cathedral found out about this, they would surely close St. Laphest’s and remove me from the Order. Please understand. I have literally given my blood to help these people.”

Sister Auga was near tears when she finished her explanation.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
The petite and harmless looking Julia didn’t back down from the sister.  She meant to figure out what the problem was and when Sister Auga revealed her sliced arm Julia’s heart dropped.  Was this woman in such despair that she needed to cut herself to live???

Then as Sister Auga said it wasn’t what Julia thought, Julia waited for the explanation.  Julia said she wouldn’t say a word when she was asked not to.  As Sister Auga unlocked a drawer and produced a knife, Julia saw that though it was clean it seemed be be stained in blood.

When Sister Auga explained what the evil thing was Julia’s eyes filled with tears.  This Sister is doing all she can just to take care of the people here and it made Julia beyond sad.

Julia put her hand out and said,“Please give me the knife Sister Auga.  You will need it no longer.  How much gold does it take to honestly run this church properly, per month?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The sister wiped her eyes with her sleeves as she wrapped the knife back up, however she did not hand it over.

“Julia, I’m sure your intentions are good, but I cannot just hand this over. Are you going to give us the three hundred gold per month it generates? Even if you do that, what if something happens to you? You aren’t in a line of work that is known for longevity. As to how much it takes, it takes every copper we have. If we have more coin, we can serve more people. With less, you get the idea.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia’s frown turned into a straight face as the woman put the knife away.  “Of course, you are right.  My line of work doesn’t always allow someone like me to always live long lives but that is not an issue.  That evil thing must be redeemed and I know just the person that can do it too.  I know for sure that if you don’t surrender it though, you won’t be using it much longer.
As for donations I will donate 300 gold monthly.  I will also be talking to the church and plead the need for the gold to aid this church.  I can’t of course promise they will but I believe they will listen.

Something else came to Julia just then as well and so she said, “I have an idea for the kids as well.  But I will need to talk to a friend about it first.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash

Bharash walked into the Bull and Bear but rather than seeing Iltumar’s always friendly and smiling face he saw the worn, weathered and tired face of an old dwarf.

His eyes opened a bit upon seeing Bharash and the dragonborn saw recognition in the dwarfs eyes. “You’re Bharash aren’t you? Iltumar talks about you all the time.”

Stepping down a short step ladder then around the counter th dwarf extended a grizzled hand up.

“My name is Hirus Feek. My brother Sholum and I own this shop. Iltumar works for us. Perhaps you can be of some assistance. We would be happy to compensate you for your time. Iltumar has gone missing and we are afraid something bad happened. His room was all messed up like there was a fight. We contacted a friend of ours, Lavish Fallomire. She did some searching for the young man, even casting some of those locate spells and she narrowed down on his jacket to an old storehouse behind a school in Oldtown. She went to check it out, but we haven’t heard anything back yet. You know he was spending time with some not good folks. Vogh even talked to him about it once but I think he fancies the girl. Do you think you could check it out? Me and my brother aren’t ones for words, and we’ve got too much work, plus were pretty fond of the kid.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash naturally stopped on his way to Delvers Square, stopping in at Ulana’s place up on Dionys street to pick up a bag of pastries, one of which he’s happily munching on as he steps into the Bull and Bear. More or less automatically, he wipes his hand off and extends it to the dwarf, offering a firm and friendly shake – and then a blueberry scone – while rumbling “I am at that. Came by looking to see if the boy actually wanted to learn something about which end of a sword’s the pointy one. He might learn something that’ll keep him out of trouble and as for me? Well, after a while the only way to get better is to teach.”

“We’ve not met socially, but I know of you Master Feek – you and your brother. You’ve a reputation for good, solid work at good, solid prices.” the big Dragonborn answers, looking momentarily concerned at the explanation of what’d happened and then grimacing as the story rolls on “Typical. I don’t generally wear armour while I’m walking around but I’ve got my swords… Well, sword. Broke the other one off in a chaos abomination in the undercity the other day.”

He chews on the thought for a second, then sighs “Well, sounds like there are a couple of folks in trouble. I’d be grateful if you could lend me a falchion and a buff coat or something, but I’ll walk over and take a look either way. Beyond that, I should probably send a runner to one or two of my friends, see if they’ll help out. Not that I’m all that sure where they are right now.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Hirus nods in appreciation of the compliment. When Bharash requests armor and a sword the elder dwarf blushes a bit in frustration. “I’m sorry sir, but we don’t have any weapons here. And I doubt I’ve got a suit that will fit one of your impressive stature. I could give you a shield… Sorry. If you find them in any trouble or danger and help them we will be in your debt. Coin. Armor. Favor. Whatever you prefer.”

===========================================================

Back to Chapter 6 : Lair of Dreams : Part 5 | Next to Chapter 6 : Part 7

Submit Homebrew Content for this Item