Back to Chapter 7 : No Party like a Kath Party | Next to Chapter 8 : Part 2

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Date: 1st of Blessing

The group retired to rooms in the Kath Manor after hours of fun and revelry. The drink and food were sublime, and most of the company was enjoyable. Deacon and Claire vanished from the grounds outside the mansion in a splash of magical teleportation to enjoy the rest of the evening in the Inverted Pyramid.

Vogh & Talin retired to her room, while all the others who wished to remain were shown to guest quarters. The following morning everyone arose early with the dawn. It was the first day of the month of Blessing. One of the biggest celebrations in Ptolus was only two weeks away, Brightfather’s Day. Few in the city thought about the reason for the celebration, simply reveling in the festivities, but the Calling all remembered their history well.

The holiday was in memory of the Pact of Brightfather’s Day where a unified army of elves, dwarves, humans and halflings gathered to fight the Squirming Horde, the army created by Ghul the skull king. Ghul’s fortress Goth Gulgamel remained halfway up the Spire by it could only be seen on the clearest of Ptolus days which were very few. A group of heroes, known today as the Great Seven, had slain Ghul. Statues of the Great Seven still stood proud in the Hall of Heroes in the Temple District.

Dalenguard Castle which the group had to pass through to leave the Nobles’ District was built because the Brightfather armies did not want to risk another dark lord arising from the foul puissance of the Spire. Under the guidance of the dwarves, they built Dalenguard to protect the location from intrusion. To date it still guarded the winding entrance to the Nobles’ Quarters.

Ironically on that day, elves, humans, a dragonborn, an aram and a celestial would be going beneath the surface to prevent evil assaulting the city yet again.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Kath carriages spirited Julia, Vogh, Talin and Bharash to the Ghostly Minstrel. Clouds roiled overhead on a light breeze and the temperature was just a little cool on that morning. Thankfully no rain fell from the lazy clouds. Kalerecent had departed Kath Manor in the evening to be with his troops and ready them for the following morning.

Upon the group’s arrival to Delver’s Square they shaw the gleaming armor of those troops. They stood at attention in a block, watching passerby’s who looked them up and down. It was atypical for Knights of the Dawn to be out in force. Originally they were formed as Royal Guards to the Holy Emperors, but they grew to become the martial arm of the Lothianite Church. Normally they were merely a defensive knighthood, tasked to protect the temples, holdings and interests of the church. But thanks to their connection to Kalerecent, the group now had well trained retainers to accompany them.

Kalerecent did not stand with his troops, but rather was inside with Josiah, Thorrim and Helmut whose shield guardian stood near him, imposing all those around with its large presence. Tristan was present as well, standing near them with his staff.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash, having largely struck out in his efforts to find enjoyable company for the night (something of a theme in his life lately, much to his wryly grumbled-about amusement) turns in at a more or less decent hour, largely so that he can take off the stupid wizard robes he was basically forced to wear and spend a bit of time with a lantern and his notebook trying to remember the names and identities of all the assorted bit-players in the rolling, high-stakes stage-play of his life…

…and, yes trying to note down what he can remember of the filling of those little savoury flaky-pastry things on the buffet table that he ate nearly his own body-weight of and might consider joining the barbarian horde just so he could take part in raiding the mansion to get more of.
Treasure is different things to different people.

Come the morning he rises sharp and early only to find himself with nothing to do in the absence of his usual weapons for training or clothing he can effectively exercise in and so ambles around the halls like a lost soul before breakfast then joining the others for the ride back to the Minstrel, where he whistles in a low, impressed fashion at the imposing mass of soldiery and rumbles “Looks like I’d better go get into my party dress. If someone’s willing to help me with my pauldrons?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When Vogh and Talin arrived at Delver’s square she immediately saw the soldiers in formation outside the Ghostly Minstrel.  The soldiers looked prepped for battle, it seemed Kalerecent wasn’t taking his job lightly as commander of his troops.  By of which Vogh looked for Kal then.  Vogh even moved to the formation and asked, ”Is Knight Kalerecent with you?”  When the soldier said Kal was inside Vogh gave them a nod.

Talin who was standing next to Bharash when he asked for assistance to get into his gear nodded, ”I will help you Bharash then I will get my gear and we can head back downstairs.”

As the group entered the Minstrel Vogh immediately knew that Helmut was there as she spotted the shield guardian.  She moved to the group that was arrayed and quickly told them, ”We will all be down shortly once we have our gear.  Please sit and we can have a bite to eat before beginning our mission.”  Vogh went upstairs with the others and not much longer returned to the main room.

”Good morning everyone.  I trust you all slept well and are ready to put this to rest?”  Vogh knew the answer of course but said it anyways.  ”High Priest Helmut, are you here with news or are you lending us your shield guardian?  I would be remiss if I at least didn’t ask for its assistance.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon and Claira had gone back to Deacon’s room in the Inverted Pyramid.  They talked only briefly before climbing into bed…

The next morning Deacon said his goodbye and once Claira was gone gathered up his gear and quickly studied his spellbook before using a spell to get to the Ghostly Minstrel.  Deacon arrived right in his shared room with Bharash and Julia.  To his surprise Bharash was inside with Talin who was helping with his armor.  “Greetings friends.  Looks like I am right on time.  Bharash I can lend another hand if you need.  If not I will head downstairs and prepare.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin jumped as Deacon suddenly appeared in a corner of the room.  Talin had been helping Bharash with his armor at the moment it happened.  “Dammit Deacon you can’t be barging in on people like that.  If we had been ready you could have been cut in two finely dressed pieces.”

Talin went back to helping Bharash but looked back to Deacon and said, “So, where have you been hiding Claira from us this whole time?  You and her left the party a bit early…  Did you show her your staff?”  Talin laughed at his own joke.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia jumped in startlement as Deacon suddenly appeared nearby.  She was so nervous that she nearly cast something at him before see realized it was Deacon.  She bit her tongue rather than retort and returned to her thoughts.

Julia intended to focus on the coming danger, but her thoughts kept flowing back to what she had heard at the party.  Mysteries upon mysteries, and how has she become involved in it all?  What was her place?  She felt like she should know, but, then, how could she?

She realized she was starting blankly at Talin and Bharash as they pulled the Dragonborn’s armor on.  Julia took a deep breath and focused on pushing those thoughts of mysteries into the back corner of her mind.  Once again she tried to focus on the impending conflict.

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut chuckled at Vogh’s question. “No miss Vogh. I would not readily part with my companion here. I mean to come with you and aid you in the battle. Mand and I have spoke with the halfling and our people. We have begun the process of locating the children. But I would like to accompany you into the bowels of the earth to bring pain to these people who seem to be hells bent on destroying our city. You’ll find I’m no wallflower. I’m quite adept at combat, and my guardian is very powerful too. I will not be a detriment to your group.”

The group could see he now wore a gleaming set of full plate armor beneath a sweeping cloak. The amulet which controlled the shield guardian was tucked behind his breastplate, but the fine, gold chain was still visible. He had two battle staves in sheathes, one on either hip. Finally his holy symbol of the Watchers was made of solid platinum embedded with a diamond and shone like the sun was shining directly on it.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent nodded to the group as they entered. “My men are ready. We have torches and supplies for being beneath the earth. I did not bother with rations as you described it as being a very short trip beneath the surface. Hulgar Goldmantle, the only dwarf in my troop, is my second in command. Should anything happen to me, defer to him.”

Kal looked around the room, surveying everyone present. “Is there a war room where we could discuss things less publicly? Or have we a need? You know the place. Are we just going to knock down the front door and charge in?”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Since he generally has to arm himself, or beg assistance from one of the passing wait staff to settle his armour on, the excess of ready hands makes getting Bharash prepared for battle in his full harness of gleaming mithril takes only a few minutes (plus an additional minute for him to state “It’s exactly what it looks like!” as Deacon pops in, because it’s Bharash and he has a terrible sense of humour. When he’s fully kitted out, he happily states “There we go, about as ready as I can be.” while strapping on his weapons, looking altogether vastly more impressive than he did last night in the fancy robes.

Heading down, he addresses Kalerecent amenably “Never hurts to have a snack and a water bottle. Clip them to the back of your belt where they’ll be out of the way, but there’s been plenty of times a battle’s lulled that I’d have cheerfully killed for a sandwich.”

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent chuckled at Bharash’s accurate jest. The paladin stood in gleaming plate similar to Bharash and Helmut. The Sword of Truth was strapped to his back. “Should I send a runner to bring those supplies? I did not wish to burden my men with extra provisions. But I also don’t wish to be caught unawares.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Don’t see why… We can always ask for a packed lunch.” Bharash answers brightly, turning to ask of the Minstrel staff whether he can pop into the kitchens, after which he fishes out his notepad and ambles amongst the fighters assembled, finding out if they have any particular favourites (and in the process, learning something about who they are) and then getting quickly to work.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When Helmut rebuked her request Vogh figured it wouldn’t have happened anyways but when he stated that he would be joining, Vogh had a sense of unease deep down inside.  By all accounts Helmut was fully within his right to join the group and Vogh had even hoped it, knowing the High Priest was a powerful man.  But when he presented it to her now she was taken aback.  ”Well then, I am happy to have you with us.  As I stated before the cultists have powerful allies and having you join against them will only increase our odds at winning.

Vogh turned to Kal then and said, ”Your troops look amazing outside Kal!  We will do all we can to ensure no one falls, but it isn’t always certain in battle of course.  I would like the names of them all when you have a chance.  If any fall I want to make sure that their families are taken care of.  As for a war room,” Vogh pointed to her head.

Vogh fell into her telepathy then to continue, Greetings everyone, thank you all for coming.  Tristan, Thorrim, and Josiah it is good to see you as well.  Since we haven’t mapped out the place under the White House I am not sure how it will all go.  Now, if we want to clear out the rest of the complex we first entered before heading to the White House, I have a clear picture for you.  We can decide that as we go below.  Deacon as I said will have his magic scouting ahead for us, but it is imperfect as it doesn’t show everything.  Anyways, the eye will lead and Bharash will be the first through.  Followed by Talin.  I am going to stick to the middle ranks with Julia and Deacon.  The rest of you can figure out where you work best as I don’t want to for you into a spot you aren’t useful.  But, I would like to get that sorted as we go.  You can talk to me as we go through the link I have with you all.  You can’t hear each other but if it is important or someone has a spell that will allow us to all speak with each other that would be beneficial.  Moving on as I said Kal I would like your men and women to be behind the rest of us and we can call them up as needed.  Vogh would answer and repeat any questions or concerns to the group if there were any.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon didn’t catch the reference to showing Claira his staff but after a moment of laughter from the two men he put it together and gave them a rather large smile.  That is when he saw Julia who had been quiet during the whole exchange.  She seemed to be deep in thought about something as she was just staring at Bharash and Talin as they worked to get Bharash’s gear on.  ”Julia if you are ready to head downstair we can leave these two alone.”  Deacon had winked when she looked up to him.

He gathered Julia up and the two of them headed downstairs.  ”Julia is everything okay with you?  You aren’t worried about today are you?”  Deacon was in good spirits having had a wonderful night with Claira.  ”I think that Vogh has a good plan for us.  You just need to keep us all healthy enough to kill them all.

Once they were downstairs and Vogh began talking Deacon was nodding along.  He knew he needed to be using his spell to scout ahead.  Deacon also planned on using Yaeshla a little more this time than he had before.  Apparently she wasn’t happy with how he utilized her abilities.  One thing she wanted to do was take control of a powerful foe in this combat.  Yaeshla and Claira had spoken to him a little this morning and it seemed she had taken a liking to Claira.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
In reply to Deacon Havenhold (msg # 14):

Shaking the thoughts of mysteries out of her head, Julia looked at Deacon.  Somehow, having him nearby helped pull her back to the here and now.  “I’m fine, Deacon.” Julia said with a hint of a smile that didn’t reflect at all in her eyes.  “I’m just thinking about how many people are depending on us, and how much we’re depending on each other.  I’m really glad to have all of you with me. It makes this all easier to deal with.”  She hoped Deacon believed she was talking about the coming fight, but I’m here heart, she was still thinking of mysteries.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kal looked Julia up and down. She looked quite different arrayed for war, rather than dressed in an evening gown, but his half-elven eyes twinkled at the sight of her and he wore a small smile.

“Absolutely. My men will follow. We are ready.”

===========================================================
Thorrim Kolvir (NPC)
———————————————————–
Thorrim looked at Vogh and wore a confused expression. “Where will you have us Vogh? Do you want us ahead of Sir Kalerecent’s troops? Behind?”

===========================================================
Josiah Crand (NPC)
———————————————————–
Josiah looked to Thorrim and Vogh, awaiting instructions as well. “Indeed. What is our place?”

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan didn’t speak, the expression he wore was impassive and unreadable.

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut looked over the others. He wore a strange half smile on his face which might have been contempt or merely mirth, it was hard to tell. “I don’t have a spell for mass telepathy. This is a lot of people.” He looked around. “We must be careful not to hurt each other.” He paused and looked at Vogh, then Kalerecent. “We need a general. All of you are used to doing your own thing and working in small groups. Organizing 30 some people when combat starts is going to be difficult. If everyone just goes their own way, we could wind up hurting each other.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh heard the concerns from Helmut and had already formed a plan for that.  Not that she thought of herself as a general, but she had been somewhat the leader of the group up to this point already so she explained, “I will be the leader of the main group, while Kalerecent will lead his soldiers based on my commands.  That way we shouldn’t have a problem with getting mixed up in each other’s crossfire.  Now as for placement we should go with a standard two-person front.  Bharash and Tristan at the front, followed by Talin and Josiah, next will be Thorrim, next will be High Priest Helmut and myself followed by Julia and Deacon then Kal and his soldiers.”  Vogh went on to explain how their spellcasting would work and the music that she and Talin would make to aid in combat once it started.

“Once we encounter a powerful foe we should concentrate all attacks on said foe.  Deacon will be bringing in summons to aid in the fight as well.  His usual summon right now is to bring in Bralani which works well since they are able to be ranged or melee.  They are also expendable.  Another thing is that we don’t cast spells like fireball and the like unless the terrain and forces arrayed against us are positioned to our advantage. If at all possible we need to lock down the demons so they can’t teleport away.  Julia if you and Helmut can do that it would go a long way to not having to fight them later on.”  Vogh gave them enough to go on to be able to hopefully fight with some sort of order.

                   BT       or in open like this     BTJT

TJ                                TTVH

TT                                 JD

VH                                  K

JD                                SSSS
SSSS
K                                SSSS
SS                                SSSS
SS                                SSSS
SS
SS
and so forth

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Having taken orders, Bharash is putting some slightly less martial blades to good use and hastily assembling a fairly impressive stack of wax-paper-wrapped sandwiches of various sorts, making good use of the contents of the Minstrels kitchen stocks in order to do so.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
The plan was sound enough until they could figure out the area they were in and any opponent they may face.  “So are we going to go through the whole complex again then?  Make sure it is clear of an enemy so they can’t strike at us from the rear?  I think that would be best.”  As long as everyone agreed, Deacon would begin moving towards the door.

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
“That sounds like a fine plan. Additionally, with your telepathic abilities, you can speak with anyone without the need for shouting. Is it possible for us to mentally connect with you? What is the range your mind can reach? Can you mentally control people like the illegal wizard spells?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Yes, once I speak with you, you can speak with me but not to others.  It is limited in that aspect.  As for the range, I can do it to 100ft and no I can’t mentally control people with my telepathy.”  Vogh knew that Helmut was testing her abilities and also testing her.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Everyone was as ready as they were going to be. Bharash emerged from the kitchen bearing a burden of freshly prepared “snacks” in a large sack. Vogh instructed the group that she wanted them all to travel by carriage to avoid marching through half the city with so many. Kalerecent had left with his troops while Bharash was making sandwiches to beat te rest of the group there since they were marching over 20 strong. Thorrim had offered to trot with them, since he couldn’t ride in a carriage anyway. Josiah had taken wing and flown to the apartment from Delver’s Square. Only the Calling, and Helmut, remained at the Minstrel.

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut was ready to depart with the group and explained he had a special carriage. “I have a special carriage which allows my shield guardian to ride behind as he does not walk terribly quickly. If a couple of you would like to ride in my carriage, you are welcome.”

Helmut made his way toward the door, his heavy shield guardian moved smoothly after him but each step sent vibrations through the Minstrel’s wooden floor. Outside, just off the square, an ornate carriage waited. Each wheel was not spoked traditionally, but had a representation of the curved dome and long telescope tube the Watchers of the Skies used to observe. Additionally, where a luggage rack would traditionally be situated on the back to accommodate chests, there was instead a thick, steel platform.

One driver stood from his seat, nodding to the High Priest, while another jumped down from the double seat and opened the door for the High Priest. A young man, dressed with colors matching the Watchers’, he sported a polished breastplate embossed with the Watcher logo and a short sword.

After Helmut boarded the carriage, the heavy platform’s use became apparent. The entire carriage squatted a bit as the several hundred pound shield guardian stepped onto its place and gripped the carriage.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Extra carriages were hailed as everyone could not fit inside the High Priest’s. The wind had picked up a bit as the afternoon sun passed overhead and began heating up the city a bit. Overhead the clouds had increased their lazy stroll to a brisk flow. Still they kept Ptolus protected from the sun’s direct rays, obscuring the Spire less than halfway up which they saw as the carriages rumbled into Oldtown and toward the destroyed apartment building Bharash would soon own. Or so he anticipated.

Kalerecent, his troops, Thorrim and Josiah all waited outside the boarded up building. It seemed the City Watch no longer had guards posted, but rather a “condemned” sign was nailed to boards which sealed off the original door. Planks completely covered the front door, and all the first level windows, nailed into place to prevent interlopers.

The Order of the Dawn troops stood at rest, looking over the Calling’s members and Helmut as they approached down the narrow alley from the main road.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent nodded to them and walked forward, clanking a bit as he walked in his heavey armor. “We have checked the perimiter, and Josiah even checked the roof. All seems quiet. The windows and doors are all boarded up. We’ve heard nothing stir inside while we waited. Should I have my men remove the planks on the front door that we might enter?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Upon receiving confirmation Kal motioned to two of his men who moved forward and pulled away the boards and planks keeping the door locked off. They opened the door and stepped back in flanking positions. The interior was nearly pitch black. With all the windows boarded up, no light could enter the apartment. The smell was awful!

Neither of the Knights could prevent scrunching their noses as the stagnant smell of sewer and rotting filth wafted out of the apartment’s interior. With the hole in the rear of the building open to the sewers below, it seemed sewer gas had been floating up into the rooms, trapped with no way to escape.

[Private to GM: Remember the smashed gates below that the group broke]

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had politely declined the invitation to join Helmut in his carriage as she wanted to take the one with her companions.

When they arrived at the apartments and Kal had asked about gaining entry Vogh had nodded.  But when the boards were removed she immediately could smell the interior stench.  “Bharash you still want to purchase this place?  The smell is pretty bad and I am sure it is in all the wood and stone even.  Going to take a lot of work to get this place up to snuff I am thinking.”

Once they were all ready to get into the basement Vogh asked Bharash if he wanted her to take the lead.  “I have been practicing how to search for traps and I also was able to learn a spell that aids me in finding them.”

As long as Bharash gave the approval Vogh would lead the way checking for any traps for it wouldn’t be a surprise that they put any in since they were here last.

[Private to GM: GM Edit. I commented this out so you can move it to after we deal with the concerns.

Vogh would lead them all the way into the beginning of the complex where they had been zapped by the pillars.  Once inside Vogh told them all, “We will now be heading down into the old part of the complex.  There is a set of stairs and then a wide-open space we can set our marching order.”]

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kelerecent raised a concern before they proceeded inside. “Miss Vogh. Apologies. But sewer gas is flamable, and my men cannot see in the dark the way you all can. Nor can I. We cannot light torches for fear of an explosion. Do you have any magical methods of illuminating our path?”

===========================================================
Thorrim Kolvir (NPC)
———————————————————–
Thorrim likewise had to raise a concern. “And, apologies miss, but dropping through a hole in the floor is going to be an issue for me. I can likely scale a rope, so long as it is very, very well secured. I am not so light as you all. Forgive the simile as aram don’t appreciate the correlation, but imagine lowering a horse through the floor into the sewers below.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh understood the concern that Kalerecent had.  He was right, she hadn’t even thought about it since Deacon had cast his spell to allow them to see in the dark.  “Kalerecent, I will cast a spell that will illuminate the sewer for you.  Before the spell runs out I will cast it again if I have to.  Thorrim, I think we have enough people here to be able to lower you down safely.  Also, this is the only spot that we know of where we need to do such a thing.”

Once they were all in the sewer and the dancing lights were cast, Vogh would lead them all to the beginning of the complex where they had been zapped by the pillars.  Once inside Vogh told them all, “We will now be heading down into the old part of the complex.  There is a set of stairs and then a wide-open space we can set our marching order.”

Cast Dancing lights- each of the 4 lights will be in a 10ft area so it should be able to give enough light to them all.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

After having worked fairly extensively in the kitchen, Bharash ambles out with a damn’ great tray of wrapped parcels which he makes a point of handing out to the assembled soldiery for stowage, each one containing a fairly thick sandwich – while two of his own lie wrapped in wax-paper and oiled leather in the back of his pack.

It’s not much, but it does at least serve as something to look forwards to if anyone manages to survive the coming expedition.

From there, he naturally enough choose to jog alongside the carriages the way he usually does, the slither and rattle of his armour a merry metallic sound that accompanies the marching feet of the soldiery at their back.

Come their arrival? Well, at that he takes a good sniff and grimaces, commenting “It’s not ideal, but once the floor’s sealed off and the building well ventilated it’ll help. I’m mindful of the risk of fire though, just as Ser Kelerecent observes. As for Ser Kolvir… Ahhh… Truth be told, short of a rope and harness, I’ve no idea how to get him down.” he takes a moment to look the centaur over, then thoughtfully remarks “I’m pretty sure I could lift you, but it’d take both hands… And there’s no stairs.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group made it down into the sewers. It looked nearly the same as how they left it after their battle to gain entry originally. Thankfully the slow moving water wasn’t choked with hundreds of dead rats and ratment this time though. The metal gate was still broken and twisted, which they had done last time as well.

Inside the temple Vogh reached out and sensed nothing intelligent. Making their way down the stairs everyone saw it looked much the same as they left it. Caltrops still littered the floor, and shattered remnants of the stone tentacled construct lay everywhere. Another smell hit them, that of filthy bodies and filth. No ratmen remained, but their scent and detritus did. Both of the lightning throwing pillars were still gone, much to everyone’s relief, but it still begged the question, where were they now?

Moving through the still active illusionary wall they opened the door into the chaotically painted room where the group had met the odd “Priests of the Outer Reaches,” one of whom they slew, one escaped and the other two they let leave in exchange for information.

Kal’s troops looked around uneasily, clutching weapons and shields, examining the psychotic patterns, colors and symbols on the walls, ceiling and floor. Peeking behind the curtain it was obvious the cultists returned and cleaned out all their personal effects like clothing.

Vogh easily found the hidden door in the wall which led down into the lower levels. Using her magic again, she unlocked the door after reaching out with her mind. Still nothing intelligent pinged back at her. But when she opened the door and looked down the staircase Vogh realized they weren’t alone.

Rows of skeletons animated as soon as she opened the door and the group’s mettle was about to be tested…

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh had led the way all the way down.  To those looking and watching her, they could see she was looking for traps along the way.  When Vogh would glance back every so often to move her dancing lights she could see the weary looks on the soldier’s faces.  “Steel yourselves against what you see for it is only going to get worse,”  Vogh called out to them as she moved to go through the illusionary wall.  Little did she know, it would be sooner rather than later.

Once the door was unlocked and she opened the door, the rotting stench assailed her.  She thought it was probably from the dead ratmen below but once she looked to the end of the stairwell she could see the reason.  Rows upon rows of skeletons, flesh hanging from the bones.  Vogh looked back to Bharash, Tristan who was right behind her and said, “Looks like the whole of the Reliquary has been called up.  There are so many skeletons below I can’t even count.  How could they be here, someone had to have tipped them off.”

20:25, Today: Kalerecent rolled 14,16,4,15 using d20+6,d20+5,d20+3,d20+3.  Init for Kal, Hulgar, Twins, Soldiers.

20:22, Today: Vogh rolled 21,15,11,26 using d20+7,d20+7,d20+7,d20+9.  Initiative.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Roll Initiative:

Tristan 26
Bharash 24
Vogh 21
Talin 15
Julia 17
Skeleton Archers 15
Kalerecent 14
Helmut 14
Hulgar 14
Soldiers 14
Deacon 11
Josiah 10
Skeletons Fighers 10
Twins 4
Thorrim 3

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan had been casting his own spell to detect fiendish presence.  When Vogh called back that there were lots of skeletons ahead he knew the game had changed somewhat.  Vogh hadn’t mentioned anything about the undead when she spoke about all that had happened before.  He remembered vividly something Kaira or was it Dierna had said about the Reliquary.  If they or the Forsaken had somehow found out their mission here things could be way more difficult.

Tristan fell into his spellcasting and anyone that could see could see Tristan touch his ebony staff to the black bastard blade in his hand.  Suddenly as his spell finished the staff disappeared having been absorbed into the black blade.

Cast Aroden’s Spellsword duration is 130 minutes.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia Graymantle rolled 17 using 1d20+3,  Roll Initiative

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash has a few tactical observations to make as they start down into the sewer – he’s not a big fan of the tight-packed phalanx grouping and instead favours smaller squads a bit more spread out, teams of five or six men (enough to form a solid shield wall in the tunnel) scattered along a length of the passage sufficient to keep them from being easy fireball-bait or caught in a single trap, for example – but he mostly trusts the officers to know their mean and know their skills so sticks with the team up-front, right up to the point where they’re looking down into a room filled from wall to wall with rotting cadavers and rusting weapons, whereupon he leans back and answers Vogh, “Well on the one hand we weren’t exactly secretive about this, we brought everyone but the marching band.”, gesturing at the soldiers behind them “On the other hand, ‘raising a bunch of dead guys and leaving them in a room to kill anyone who turns up’ is like, the second lesson at Evil Priest school after the class on where to find the toilets and the lunch room, so it could just be a normal precaution.”

“Any idea of how tough they are before I go down there and make like a wrecking ball?” he asks, hopefully.

21:49, Today: Bharash rolled 24 using 1d20+10.  Initiative.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh began to sing in the heads of those she chose which included all those with her now.  In the song, she spoke of great deeds against the undead and the heroes that protect others.

“No idea, but if there are so many why not let them come get us?  If they want to fight we will cut down the number of attackers by fighting here,”  Vogh answered Bharash.  She then turned to the others and said to Tristan, “Have your men spread out and get ready to fight!”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
“Why don’t we just dimension door on the other side of them and cut them from behind like we did before?”  Talin asked.

When Vogh had shaken her head Talin turned to the soldiers, “Some of them might die because we aren’t taking action and waiting for the monster to show itself.” Talin wasn’t sure about this but he trusted Vogh.  Perhaps she was giving the knights a small fight in order to calm their uneasiness.  Talin had sensed it from them and saw it in their stances.

Talin turned to Deacon and Julia and patted the air, “Don’t call in any of your summons, Deacon.  Julia, we will deal with these undead without spells.  Prepare your crossbow as I am mine.”

Talin sheathed SolarSong and pulled his bow from his shoulder.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Nodding her head, Julia took hold of her crossbow wound a bolt into place.  “No spells? I thought you might want me to use detect undead.” She looked at Talin with a wry grin touching the corner of her mouth.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
A hail of arrows clattered and shattered against the wall and doorway, none making their way through to the people beyond.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Even as the arrows pelted the frame and wall beyond the door Kalerecent held strong in his position.  He maneuvered all his troops to their positions and had half put away their longsword and pull out their long spears.

“Keep your positions men.  As the others have said we will hurt them as they come to us.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon felt a tingle in his hands as he held Yaeshla.  He knew what the others said about spells but Yaeshla had her own and she wanted to be used.  Claira had made it clear that Yaeshla meant to be used.

So just after the rain of arrows Deacon moved forward just enough to point Yaeshla at the throng of skeletons and with a word unleashed a powerful lightning bolt into their midst.  Then with a wry grin on his face he backed up again.  “Hopefully that with spark them to move!”  He laughed then and stepped back.


21:28, Today: Deacon Havenhold rolled 31 using 10d6. DC 17

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Priest Helmut stepped to the side, his large construct moving with him, staying right behind. “Let them come. Holy power will burn them to ash.”

===========================================================
Yaeshla (NPC)
———————————————————–
“Burn you devils!” The disembodied voice of a young woman rang out through the hall with glee as a blast of lightning burned through a line of the skeletons, reducing them to shattered osseous matter.

All of the soldiers jumped, looking around in worry at where the voice was coming from, and if it presaged an attack.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent saw and spoke quickly, “Hold men! It’s merely Master Deacon’s staff. It’s intelligent. Ready!”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The skeletons clattered on bone phalanges, some with tattered or rotting boots and shoes remaining after the grave. Without precision or cohesion, they mindlessly moved into rows of two and stomped up the steps. It sounded like a child had dropped dozens of sticks down a cliff, as the bone to stone noise echoed throughout the chamber.

Note: Skellies double move, they cannot attack the same round.

Initiative (Top of Round 2):

Tristan 26
Bharash 24
Vogh 21
Talin 15
Julia 17
Skeleton Archers 15
Kalerecent 14
Helmut 14
Hulgar 14
Soldiers 14
Deacon 11
Josiah 10
Skeletons Fighers 10
Twins 4
Thorrim 3

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The most dangerous position to take is on the left-most side of the door, right up against the wall and Bharash steps to it as the soldiers deploy, rumbling softly “Behind me, with your spear. My armour’ll take an arrow better than yours will.” and then looking to the man on his right and switching out his appropriate sword for the shield of the man he’s displaced.

Basically, Bharash will stand in the only square the archers can readily target, borrow a shield from a soldier (who will stand behind him with their longspear) then fit into the shield-wall forming around the door by using his holy sword in the appropriate hand. His AC will be, therefore 34.
He’ll delay his action until ‘9’ because he doesn’t have any targets else. He’ll get an AoO on the first skeleton to move past his threatened squares though.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan gave a smile to Deacon as he blasted the skeletons and then made a quip about it.  What he found interesting though was Yaeshla she was obviously having a lot of fun blasting the undead horde.

Tristan kept back against the wall and waited patiently as the soldiers all formed around the room ready to do battle.  For his part he just waited until he would be needed.

Tristan will aid in defense of one of the soldiers ahead of him.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh and Talin likewise stood back to allow the soldiers to battle the undead.  It was as Vogh had planned from the beginning.

Vogh and Talin would be ready to do something if a soldier were to fall.

Both are delaying till after the skeletons go.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia holds her crossbody at the ready.  There are a lot of bodies between her and the head of the skeleton column, and only a very tight window at the moment.  So she will stay at the ready to support where most needed.

As the other, Julia will delay until after the skeletons.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bow strings twanged again and arrows clattered or shattered against the wall. One lucky skeleton somehow got a single arrow through that scratched Bharash! (Nat 20! 4 dmg)

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kal watched as the undead approached the door.  They were grotesque-looking creatures of the dead and smelled just as bad.  Kal wanted to charge ahead but he knew that if he did he would be blocking the way making it harder for his men to attack so he readied an action to attack anything that might get close enough.

“Stand ready men!!”  Kal called.  “Here they come!”

17:13, Today: Kalerecent rolled 32,19,8 using d20+25,d8+15,2d6.  readied attack and damage.

Hulgar stood in the back holding his holy symbol raised in his gauntleted hand ready to aid his fellow soldiers.

The soldiers had longsword and longspears at the ready and readied their attack as their commander had ordered.  Once the skeletons advanced they would send them back to death.

Hit AC34 for 15, AC24 for 14, and AC 29 for 11 damage respectively.
17:19, Today: Kalerecent rolled 34,15,24,14,29,11 using d20+14,d8+9,d20+14,d8+9,d20+14,d8+9.  2 men with blades readied attack and damage.

Hit AC32 for 12, AC28 for 11, AC29 for 14, AC18 for 14 damage.
17:21, Today: Kalerecent rolled 32,12,28,11,29,14,18,14 using d20+14,1d6+9,d20+14,d6+9,d20+14,d6+9,d20+14,d6+9.  4 of 7 longspearmen readied attack and damage.

Hit AC17 for 12, AC27 for 14, AC32 for 14 damage respectively.
17:20, Today: Kalerecent rolled 17,12,27,14,32,14 using d20+14,d6+9,d20+14,d6+9,d20+14,d6+9.  3 of 7 longspearmen readied attack and damage.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
All of the skeletons were smashed to pieces, bones clattering to the floor. But more marched up the stairs, cutting and slashing as they came. The parade of skellies kept marching up the stairs as the archers moved mindlessly around, trying to shoot through the door.

Two skeletons stepped through the door and immediately swiped at Bharash and one of the soldiers, missing. Two more stepped through, passing their companions and attacked the next two. One of the rusty and old short swords cut a soldier (3 dmg) on the arm.

The last two to come through both swung at Kalerecent. One of them came dangerously close to hitting the knight, but he dodged at the last second.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan watched with a scowl as the skeletons advanced on the soldiers.  The things almost died instantly as they went through the gauntlet of soldiers.

Tristan wanted to join but knew that the experience learned here would be invaluable to the soldiers.  So, Tristan just continued to provide aid to one of the men in front of him.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh continued with her singing but was pained by the grunt of the soldier that had been cut by the rusty blade of the skeleton.

Vogh could have taken out her bow but it would have done no good as she didn’t have a clear shot on any of the skeletons in the room.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
As the skeletons poured into the room Talin watched with a smile on his face as the men cut the things down with ease.  Even though one of the soldiers got injured as Talin looked at him the man wore a confident smile on his face.

Talin was too far back to assist with the fighting so just watched and cheered on the soldiers.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon couldn’t hear the cacophony of noise from the fighting before him but he got a sense that it was loud and Yaeshla seemed to be enjoying it as the undead fell to the soldiers attacks.  For his part Deacon just stood and watched and waited for a chance to do something of his own.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
The twin Litorians, Jaylen and Jayden slammed there greathorn hammers down onto the heads of the skeletons smashing them to pieces.  Each roared in glass as the skeletons fell to the floor before them.

Hit AC21 for 13 and AC 17 for 21 damage each on one skeleton.
09:22, Today: Kalerecent rolled 21,13,17,21 using D20+14,d12+9,d20+14,d12+9. Twins attack and damage.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Ow! Bastard!” Bharash states as an arrow shatters on his helmet and a fragment of splintered wooden shaft embeds itself in his cheek, creating an injury that – on the enormous Dragonborn – is up there on a par with a particularly nasty paper-cut.

As the skeletons march up and into the teeth of the waiting soldiers, Bharash lashes out with the flat back of his blade, looking to smash his targets down before they can secure a foothold on the upper level.

I’m not sure I even need to roll this. ^_^
Bharash is getting three attacks (and an AoO) at 24/19/14 doing 1D8+2D6+13, then one attack at +14 doing 1D4+3. All attacks are bludgeoning (or holy).
06:11, Today: Bharash rolled 43 using 4d20 with rolls of 18,12,8,5.  Checking for 1’s.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As the rush of skeletons pushed up the stairs, Julia stood ready.  Her heart leapt into her throat as one of the stinking, shambling bodies lunged at Kal.  Thoughts of saving her spells evaporated her mind and she instinctively reached for an energy channel to blast that offending skeleton to bits.  But before she could even twitch a muscle, the two Litorians leapt upon the skeletons.

Julia let exhaled a breath that she didn’t know she had been holding and went back to scanning the battle.   No one of our side had suffered much more than a scratch, so Julia continued looking for an opportunity to support.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group had arrayed themselves perfectly to deal with the skeletons. Mindlessly they marched up the stairs by two, falling into piles of bones as the soldiers and bharash smashed them without fail. Arrows clattered against the walls and occasionally flew through the doorway harmlessly. (3 rounds pass) After a few moments only piles of bones remained, partially blocking the doorway. Bow wielding skeletons lobbed another volley. One soldier took another small cut from the skeletons (4 dmg) then when all the martial skeletons had fallen another hail of arrows sailed through the door. One got Kalerecent (3 dmg)and another got one of the twins. (5 dmg) Then the stairway stood open, devoid of any more skeleton soldiers.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Well, someone needs to draw their fire.” Bharash states, grinning behind his visor and then offering a quick salute to the soldiers before rolling around the door, leading with his borrowed shield and eating up the distance with his lengthy, balanced strides before vaulting the bannister and planting himself down at one end of the line of archers, sword licking out with a casual display of almost unbelievable force… Which, as his foot comes down on a wrecked piece of lightning-charred bone that rolls under him, sails past the skull of the archer he’s aiming at by a fraction of an inch, overbalancing himself dramatically and flailing his shield and sword for balance with a mighty battle cry of “Ohhhhhhh shit!”

I can move ten squares and still attack…

12:33, Today: Bharash rolled 9 using 1d20.  We still haven’t changed the house rules. Sigh.
12:32, Today: Bharash rolled 1 using 1d20.  Anything but a 1.

…but I can’t hit anything. We need to update that house rule thread though. ^_^

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The archers mindlessly loose another volley. Arrows shattered against Bharashs magical armor and borrowed shield sounding like dozens of stick snapping. Another splinter got him during his marvelous charge. (3 dmg)

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut gestures for the more eager folks to charge forward who wish to. In his heavy armor, he does not move so quickly, nor does his shield Guardian.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kal was barely breaking a sweat from the little fight that the skeletal warriors gave him and his men.  They had performed very well with the orders and now it was a clear shot to the archers.  With a call to victory, Kalerecent followed right after Bharash down the stairs and lept over the small ledge to the floor right in front of the archers.  “Let’s get the archers men!  Follow Me!!!”

When he hit the floor and swung the Sword of Truth it crushed the skeletal archer before him.

18:45, Today: Kalerecent rolled 44,18,5 using d20+27,d8+15,2d6.  charge.

The soldiers followed after their leader giving battle cries of their own.  There just wasn’t enough room for them to reach a target though and now they clogged up the doorway down into the main hall where the skeletons were.

Tristan, Vogh, Talin, Hulgar, Deacon, and even the twin Litorians all advanced but were unable to pass the throng of soldiers in the way.

Julia and Josiah are the only ones left to go this round.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia could see Bharash start his charge and she sensed him speeding down the stairs, somehow controlled and frantic in the same movement.  By the time he reached the bannister, Bharash was beyond her blindsense and her darkvision.  She could clearly hear the sound of his leap, but as the sound was not followed by the crunch of bones, but rather by an expletive-laden growl, Julia knew something had gone wrong.

She could sense the other fighters, how after a moment of shock, they began to pour down the stairs.  She could tell that they had clogged the stairwell in a mass of bodies, sticking fast.

From the corner of her eye, Julia noticed Helmut waving the others forward.  Stepping back as the rest swarmed forward.  Was it her imagination, or did a hint of a sinister smirk flit across the corner of his mouth?  It was so quick, Julia couldn’t be sure.  But the ball of distrust in her gut for the priest sang, so Julia determined to watch his next moves more closely.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
One of the litorians looked to the side as they were working to pass through the doorway and cocked his mane covered head. He nudged his companion and both raised their torches higher, looking at the psychotically painted walls.

Turning to the nearest of the group one of them asked, “Excuse, sirs, miss. But is that a depiction of Master Bharash?”

Anyone observing the far wall could see now that someone had painted over the chaotic colors with a crude hand, the rough image of a silver dragon warrior with two swords and armor matching their friend’s own. At his feet it seemed there were multiple brown forms bowing before him. The painting was rudimentary, but the resemblance was hard to deny.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The archers drew arrows and loosed another volley. The ones Bharash was directly in front of didn’t even have the intelligence to step back and avoid Bharash getting to attack them because of their close proximity. (AOO on any in your reach which you don’t already kill during your attack since you actually act before them. I deducted two arrows because I figured bharash killed at least two on his action.) Arrows flew at Bharash, Kalerecent and those coming down the stairs. Only the dragon warrior took a hit, a glancing blow that didn’t even penetrate his hard scales but likely bruised his tough skin. (3 dmg)

It’s Bharash’s turn next, then everyone else can go. I just wanted to post for the skellies to get our of your way.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Recovering his balance and steadying himself, Bharash squares off against the line of mindlessly attacking undead (which, if he knew more about the living dead would be a data-point in favour of his ‘they just put them here and left them’ proposal, since controlled skeletons would be more dangerous) and moves in, shield low and blade lashing out over it in an effort to drop the skeleton right in front of him, after which he simply steps into the gap in their line and starts hitting things with any part of his body which comes to hand, sweeping out his borrowed shield hard enough on two skeletons to his immediate left that he actually dents the steel surface of it around their helmets, thereafter (with a small, guilty wince) taking rather more care with his blows.

Okay, Bharash gets an AoO for:

25 to hit, 15 bashing & 6 holy damage.

He then starts hacking either side of him:

37 to hit, 7 bashing, 8 holy damage.
24 to hit, 3 bashing, 5 holy damage.
28 to hit, 8 bashing, 6 holy damage.

And smacking skeletons with his (borrowed) shield:

20/35 to hit, 8/16 bashing.
20 to hit, 11 bashing.
20/21 to hit, 11/22 bashing.

Finishing with a headbutt:

17 to hit, 6 bashing.

22:09, Today: Bharash rolled 18 using 2d20 with rolls of 12,6.  Critical threat(s).
22:03, Today: Bharash rolled 20,1,5,4,20,4 using 1d20,1d4,1d20,1d4,1d20,1d4.  Shield bashes.
22:00, Today: Bharash rolled 11,2,6 using 1d20,1d8,2d6.  AoO.
21:58, Today: Bharash rolled 13,7,8,5,3,5,14,8,6,3,3 using 1d20,1d8,2d6,1d20,1d8,2d6,1d20,1d8,2d6,1d20,1d4.  Chop, chop, chop, headbutt!

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent had put himself in the middle of danger but he knew that he had Bharash on his side.  Kal dodged one way and then the other to dodge the arrows that came at him.  He then stepped forward and slashed at two of the skeletal archers knowing his men would be right behind him.  His first strike put the skeleton to dust and then the next crashed through ribs to the hip and out the other side.

“Come on men we got them trapped and without melee weapons.  Easy pickings!  Don’t block the stairs so the others can get down.”

Hot AC33 for 27 and AC40 for 25
09:45, Today: Kalerecent rolled 33,20,7,40,21,4 using d20+25,d8+15,2d6,d20+25,d8+15,2d6.

Following their leader, the soldiers, gaining confidence, gladly came down the stairs and while some jumped to make an attack others moved further down the ramp, some even jumped down at the beginning knowing that they couldn’t reach their targets.

Hit AC36 for 12, AC23 for 10, AC31 for 12, AC36 for 15, and AC34 for 16.
09:35, Today: Kalerecent rolled 36,12,23,10,31,12,36,15,34,16 using d20+16,d8+9,d20+16,d8+9,d20+16,d8+9,d20+16,d8+9,d20+16,d8+9.  5 longswordmen.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan found an opening and pushed down into the main room.  He knew he couldn’t get an attack in so moved to a position where he could see if any reinforcements would be coming at them.

09:55, Today: Tristan rolled 21 using 1d20+18.  perception.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh kept up her music for the soldiers.  They were performing admirably and she could see that they are gaining more and more confidence every step and swing of their blade.  Vogh wanted to get down into the main room so that she could see all of the battles.  So, she jumped off the stair between two soldiers and landed with a rolling maneuver that brought her back to her feet with her twin purple blades, Clamour and Serenity, in her hands and at the ready.

“You all are doing a fine job keep it up!”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin had done nothing up to this point.  He didn’t even bother adding his music to demoralize the skeletons knowing it wouldn’t have worked.  As the soldiers started moving down the stairs and engaging the skeletal archers it left an opening for him to follow Vogh down into the room.

“Hey, Bharash, it seems like you have some admirers.  It looked to me like some ratmen painted a likeness of you on a wall back there.”  Talin laughed at the thought of Bharash being admired.  While Bharash hacked and bashed the skeletons Talin commented something else, “Maybe you have your new residents for your apartments! HAHAHAHA.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon having thought he had started the fight wore a grin on his face as he moved down into the main room.  He watched as the soldiers, Kalerecent, and Bharash tore into the defenseless skeletal archers.  He knew in a matter of a few more moments they would have taken out over 50 skeletons.  It was a good start but something had been eating at him in the back of his mind.

The conversation the night prior had brought back a memory of a dream he had.  Or was it a nightmare he wasn’t sure?  Either way, it worried him.  The words from Dierna and Kaira had him thinking that what the dream had suggested could bring about the end of the world.  He would need to tell Vogh and the others about his dream and the woman that spoke to him.  Another thing that didn’t make sense was Lord Dallimothan was in his dream with that golden blade of his.  Lastly was the Orrery.  He had that in the dream as well.  Deacon cursed himself for not remembering all this when they spoke to Kaira and Dierna the night prior.

Then a thought came to him, he could contact Kaira any time, so he reached out to her, “Kaira it is Deacon.  I have something to tell you that I forgot about last night.”

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
The twins Jaylen and Jayden moved down the stairs now that there was room, but the soldiers still blocked their way to smashing more skeletons to dust with their hammers.  Cursing their bad luck they waited at the edge of the stairs looking down at the remaining skeletal archers and roaring at them with toothy maws.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As the knot on the stairway dissipates, and all the others begin to move down, Julia follows, bringing up the rear behind Helmut and his shield guardian.   She can clearly make out the slaughter of skeletons below now.  She begins to assess the injuries as she moves down, but always returning her gaze back to Helmut, searching for any signs of betrayal from the priest.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Initiative (Top of Round 6):

Bharash 24
Skeleton Archers 15
Helmut 14
Kalerecent 14
Hulgar 14
Soldiers 14
Skeletons Fighters (all more deader)
Tristan 14
Vogh 14
Julia 14
Talin 14
Deacon 11
Josiah 10
Twins 4
Thorrim 3

Skeletons were being smashed faster than they could draw arrow to shoot at the invading army. Those still standing drew arrows and loosed, oblivious to their attackers ability to attack them. Bharash and Kalerecent both had close calls, but the dragon deflected one arrow with his shield and Kal managed to angle the sword of Truth to glance off a shaft. Both arrows ascended and shattered into the ceiling.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
One of the litorians guffawed at Talin’s jest. “Might we call Master Bharash a Rat King?”

Despite battle being on in full, everyone knew this situation was easily in hand. Their spirits were high with the easy victory which had everyone chuckling.

===========================================================
Kaira Swanwing (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kaira connected with Deacon through their thought stone. “Deacon. Is everything alright? Did you all go into the cult temple again as you planned?” She waited to receive his answers and to learn what he forgot to tell her.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The moment when Bharash hits the front line of archers is a testament to the grace and brutality of his swordsmanship, which – through the growing cloud of bone dust and rust flakes – can be seen to include a moment when two archers – burning with holy light – are impaled upon the same sword-blade and flicked aside, as well as one in which he more or less wraps a steel shield around the head and helmet of a third archer, pulverising both. It’s probably not a surprise then, that he finishes those in his vicinity off with a deep bellow of “Stitch this!” and head-butts an archer so hard that their skull vanishes down into their sternum before they crumble.

Coughing – rather than panting – as the bone dust subsides, he looks around for a moment and then frowns, calling back “What?” at Talin’s call before wiping off his sword, sheathing it and heading back up the stairs (trusting the soldiers to finish their work readily), pausing only to flush and express a muted “Sorry.” to the man he borrowed the now extremely buckled steel shield from as he hands it back.

He gets back at the picture just in time to hear the Littorian jest and counter in good heart “Just because I tangled tails with your sister, doesn’t make me a…” before he sees the picture on the wall and more or less stops dead. A moment or two passes and he reaches up to remove his helmet in order to wipe his muzzle with the back of a gauntlet, quietly remarking “That… that might just be the most heartbreaking thing I’ve ever seen.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The litorians looked at each other stunned for a moment then they burst out laughing. They charged in at the archers, smashing with abandon as did the other soldiers. In moments the archers were merely piles of bones like the ones upstairs.

(we’re off initiative but I’m still paying attention to time)

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia walks down the stairs, stopping close to Bharash to inspect the drawing.  As she is investigating the piece, she casually waves her fingers towards the damaged shield, restoring 2 HP and restoring at least some of the former glory to the equipment.  I don’t think there can be any doubt about it, my dear Bharash.  Even a blind girl can see the resemblance. She pats Bharash on the shoulder and moves down toward the bottom of the stairs, effectively centering herself amidst the party.  With a quick, quiet prayer, Julia channels a healing energy through her body which flows out to everyone in her party within 30 feet of her.  Some will experience the wave as a chill that reinvigorates them, others as a warmth that washes over them.  Some may even experience loving memories of their childhood.  As the wave passes through them, their wounds will begin to knit together, or disappear entirely.

The mending spell will also affect 11 other items in a 10 ft radius, so other small dents or rips will be repaired.
16:58, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 19 using 6d6 with rolls of 4,1,3,5,2,4.  Channel Energy – Heal.
16:37, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 2 using 1d4 with rolls of 2.  Mending

With the feat Spirit Boost, anyone who goes over their HP total will retain up to 12 additional temporary HP for the next 12 Minutes

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Jaylan looks to Jayden at the comment with a puzzled look on each of their faces.  They called back to Bharash as he moved to back to the wall they had seen.  “Wait, you know our sister Kemba?”

As they called back Kal and the soldiers had moved to finish off the rest of the skeletons.

“Okay men move back into your teams and be ready to move at Vogh’s command,”  Kal ordered them all.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon had received word back from Kaira, “We have ventured below yes.  We have encountered undead.  Vogh thinks that the Dark Reliquary may have been alerted to our mission.  We just destroyed over 50 skeletons who were standing guard.”  Then Deacon continued with what he wanted to tell her.  He replayed the whole of the dream he had.  “I hadn’t even put two and two together until today as I had time to think about it all.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“That’s not what’s so bad…” Bharash replies, stepping closer to the image on the wall and stooping to look at the figures of the ratkin portrayed as kneeling, one hand going out to lightly touch the image, examining the pigment, and continuing as Julia moves off “…you make art about things that have… And, alone again.” – which of course, is where he registers that he’s on his own again, just him and a depiction of himself on a wall.

A brief, sad sigh and he shakes his head before rising, taking his helmet in both hands and looking from it to the image and then back down into the hall as the two burly Litorians call out to him, “No, a Rat King’s a thing that Toshers tell stories about, where a bunch of rats get their tails stuck together and… Wait, hang on. Kemba? About yay tall” – he holds a hand out at around the seven-two mark – “Broad-shouldered, goes berserk if you touch her tail uninvited and will walk through a stone wall for a plate of air-dried, secret-spice-rub biltong?”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As Julia finishes her spell, she notices the look of deep sadness on Bharash’s face that just as quickly disappears.  Before Julia can ask him about it, the emotion is dissipated and Bharash is haranguing the Litorians about their sister.

===========================================================
Kaira Swanwing (NPC)
———————————————————–
“Oh my. That’s a lot to take in. I’m not sure what to make of all this right now. Let me ponder on it and let’s discuss when you’re safe again.”

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
The twins once again looked at each other and then back to Bharash, a sign of recognition on their faces.  “Yes,” they said together.  “We will need to speak about this later, for now we have more pressing things.”  They both turned to Kal waiting for an order.

When Kal gave his order to form back up, each of the twins pulled 10 of the soldiers to them and put them in 4 defensive positions away from each other. (Still need to edit roll20).

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh saw the soldiers finish with the skeletons and so moved over to the door and cast detect magic on it to see if there was any trap or if it was magically locked.  She didn’t find any traps on it but saw that it was magically locked by some spell she didn’t quite know yet.  It was different than an arcane lock so she studied it a bit longer to see if she could figure it out.

In the meantime Talin walked around the room casting his own detect magic to see if there might be anything lese about that shown to his magical detection.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon finally moved from his spot along the wall.  If anyone had noticed his actions before they hadn’t said anything.  He asked Vogh what she found and when she said the door was magically locked he said, “so arcane locked?”  When she said yes, but no.  He cocked his head.  “Why not just have Bharash use his handy tool and open a hole on the wall right here.”  Deacon pointed about 10ft to the right of the door on the wall.  “Then we don’t need to worry about any traps or the like being set off.”  Deacon looked back to see if Bharash had come back into the room to make his question to him.

“Okay Kaira I just wanted to make sure that all things were in the open so we had as much information on what to do.  We are going deeper and I will give you updates if you like.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash was up at the mural and more or less on his own as folks wandered off to fight, heal and investigate – at least until the twins called up to him and jerked him out of whatever emotional journey he’d been left to undertake on his own and he could lean on the distraction they represent to avoid dwelling.

Not that they’re all that reassuring as they eye each other and defer explanation, leaving him with two things to worry about as he pulls away from the painting and steps over the heap of bones piled in the doorway then heads down to the gathered adventurers and heroes, asking a quiet “Okay, so what do we have?” of Deacon and the others and then shrugging when informed of the door “I can try. Hold on.”

Still looking rather distracted, he fishes out the metal bar from its place on his belt and configures it into a slim drill, which he uses to probe the wall for evidence of a room on the other side.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash drilled the hole and could see into the dark tower room easily. Everything seemed as they had left it, so far as he could tell. Vogh reached out with her mind and confirmed nothing intelligent was near them. Their detect magic spells reveled one low power abjuration spell, but also a high level evocation aura.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Three more quick holes – sliced through solid stone as easily as a man might carve hard cheese – and Bharash reconfigures the bar over a slim blade which he takes in both hands and drags through the wall, linking up the holes.

One more quick change and it’s a thick handle attached to a short, broad screw that’s easily driven into the stove, giving him the means and grip to lever a couple of hundred pounds of stone it of the way as an impromptu door (and tower shield) in a single easy unit.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh heard the noise of Bharash cutting the door and looked that way.  “It is a good thing you are making a door there as this one seems to be trapped with a rather high-level evocation spell.  I don’t know which one it is but we best not try and find out.  How much longer will it take you Bharash?”  The question was simple and everyone knew they needed to move especially after the din of battle that just happened.

“So you know the room seems to be uninhabited at this moment.. unless there are more undead in there.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Nothing resided inside the tower. The second story seemed uninhabited still, the aranea they previously encountered having vacated. With detect magic still in effect, they saw identical glows coming from the opposite door.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“Couple of minutes, tops.” Bharash states, the metal of the blade he’s using pretty obviously finding no serious resistance in the stone surface he’s carving through and his own prodigious strength doing the rest.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh moves to the other door and finds the same exact setup on this door.  Looking over her shoulder she says to Bharash, “Looks the same to me.  Guess we need another hole.  Go ahead and pick a place.”

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Before moving forward, Kal looked back to see if everyone was okay, in particular Julia.
When he saw she was fine he moved forward.

Because they had run into undead already once Kal had moved up to the hole Bharash made and used an innate ability within him to see if there was evil about.  “I will see if there is any evil on the other side while you check the door Vogh.”

Kal is using detect evil cone-shaped to 60ft.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh felt the minds of serval intelligent undead ping against her mind. Four wights we’re right at the edge of her telepathy. Bharash successfully drilled a hole and immediately saw two long rows of skeletons standing in the darkness directly across from his peep hole. At least 20 by a quick count.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When the intelligent undead caught her attention, Vogh immediately relayed the information to the others through her telepathy to ensure at least Helmut, Hulgar, and Julia knew about them.  “I sense that there are wights somewhere on the others side of this second door.  Kal, I would suggest keeping your men back.  If one of them were to be slain by one of the wights they would become one as well.  There are a bunch of skeletons on the other side as well.  I think it is time for us to just head in and take care of business.   Helmut, if you are able to turn the undead now might be a good time to do so.”

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
The High Priest nodded and moved forward, looking through the cut door. The floor reverberated with the dull thuds of his shield guardian following him. He responded in Vogh’s head. I need an opening large enough for me to channel positive energy and damage the creatures. That small hole won’t be enough for me.

[Private to Vogh: The wraiths are about 60 feet in front of Vogh, in a line]

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“Only problem is that this isn’t quiet. I mean, it’s not loud either, but if I make a bigger hole, they’re going to know I’m doing it.” Bharash explains, while using his gauntleted hand to cover the hole he drilled each time it looks like anyone is getting close enough to make noise.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh knew that they would need to strike fast to overwhelm the undead wights and whatever else there might be.  So, she asked Helmut and Bharash, “Can your Shield Guardian and you Bharash just break a hole in the wall?  We need to get through quickly and that is the only thing I can think of short of using our dimension door spells.”

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut looked over the structure and back at the group, shaking his head. He spoke in a whisper so as to avoid being overheard. “While my guardian is strong, I doubt it can break through that wall in merely one punch. Furthermore, that structure does not look like smashing against it several times is a good idea. Much of the mortar is crumbling and it looks ancient. I don’t want the entire thing to collapse on top of my construct. It would be far quieter and far less likely to cause a collapse for Bharash to cut into the other room. I will stand with him the entire time and channel good energy to combat the undead if they come near him. Vogh, you can keep me mentally apprised of their location. Thankfully wights are corporeal, they cannot pass through the walls the way other undead can.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh nodded in response to Helmut.  His logic was sound and it probably would have taken the same amount of time but it was worth the thought.

“I agree Helmut.  Bharash make that hole quick.  Helmut and Julia make sure nothing get through to him before we can all get through.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
At the mention of undead in the next room, Julia begins to prepare herself to deal with them.  When she realized that Bharash was going to slice his way into the room, she that Helmut was At the mention of undead in the next room, Julia between to prepare herself to deal with them.  When she realized that Bharash was going to slice his way into the room, she that Helmut was supposed to support him, Julia‘s couldn’t remain in the back.  She followed Helmut into the room, remaining a few steps back.  Maybe he would take care of the weights as he promised, but Julia had no intention of leaving Bharash in Helmut‘s hands.

After a moment of contemplation, Julia reaches forward at touches her friend Bharash on the shoulder. Bharash, be careful when you go in there.  And, please, let me give you a little extra protection against those undead.

Julia casts ironbeard on Bharash.  +1 armor bonus to AC, and this bonus stacks with any armor worn by the creature. The ironbeard may also be used as a weapon equivalent to cold iron armor spikes. 

Julia then positions herself out of the path of the others who may be preparing to charge through once the door is sliced open.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“There’s an easy way around that.” Bharash states, moving back to the first hole and carefully adjusting the length of his adamantine cutting tool to nine-tenths that of the masonry before moving back to where they’re going to breach and carefully cutting a new portal (careful to ensure that there’s a couple of good, solid overhead blocks to act as a lintel) but one that doesn’t go all the way through the wall.

“We can breach that in a couplemmmph mov hecnds, Hulia wht n he heven ells if is?”, the spell striking him mid-way through his explanation and causing a massive spikey iron beard to abruptly fill the inside of his helmet, then sprout out of the neck hole and visor before rolling down the previously hairless dragonborn warriors chest.

I bloody love that you cast that on a man in a helmet, oh gods that’s wonderful! ^_^

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
In reply to Bharash (msg # 113):
What’s that Bharash?  I couldn’t quite understand.  Oh, but that is a fine look on you. Maybe I’ll look into making that permanent when we’re back on the surface.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

There is a long moment of silence from the big silver warrior before calmly, dryly he states “Er esikable.” muffled, of course by the beard largely filling the bottom half of his helmet.

Stepping back from the wall, it takes him a good minute or two (and several nasty cuts through his gauntlets) to get the damn’ helmet off so that he can attempt to comb the beard out a little and lift the visor so that he can see again when he puts it back on.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
After Julia had cast a spell on Bharash Vogh watched with more than a little mirth as an iron beard began to fill in his helmet.  It made it near impossible for Bharash to see and speak clearly so Cogh moved over beside him and said, “I’ll take the tool and finish your work for you.  Just get it so you can fight the undead once I make this thing big enough.”

Vogh went to work as Bharash had.  She had watched him make the other hole so it wasn’t difficult to figure out how to do this one.

Vogh takes the tool and begins making the hole.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Helmut stepped inside the tower followed shortly by Julia. Both stood at the ready for the moment Vogh finished cutting out the wall then Bharash knocked it the rest of the way down. Vogh sensed the wights moved a bit closer, but they weren’t going fast, nor were they making a b-line for her location. They were still behind the two rows of skeletons she could judge mentally, but couldn’t see them.

Several tense moments passed until Vogh completed the cutting. Kal had moved behind Julia, Sword of Truth at the ready. Finally Vogh’s borrowed tool finished the doorway. She stepped back and gestured for Bharash to smash it down. The dragonborn’s muscles flexed and with a powerful blow the remaining thin stone shattered, dropping the heavy slab of stone into the room with a resounding crash. The falling slab of rock nearly crushed a skeleton which they saw just on the opposite side of the wall. Skeletons immediately went into action, marching toward the opening, plus Vogh sensed the wights moving toward them.


Everyone Roll Initiative, Julia and Helmut have readied actions to Channel Energy. Helmut is going to wait for the undead to be closer though.

Initiative Top of Round 1:
Thorrim 16 (outside the room)
Helmut 15
Josiah 14 (outside the room)
Skeletons 9
Julia 7 (Readied action goes top of round when she decides to use it)
Wights 7

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–

18:59, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 7 using 1d20+3 with rolls of 4.  Initiative .

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–

20:43, Today: Kalerecent rolled 11,7,20,23 using d20+6,d20+5,d20+3,d20+3. Kal, Hulgar, Twins, Soldiers.
20:41, Today: Vogh rolled 18,17,19,25 using d20+7,d20+7,d20+7,d20+9 Vogh, Talin, Deacon, Tristan

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Having gotten his helmet back on (with his visor up so that he can more or less see around the beard he’s absolutely, definitely going to get Julia back for), Bharash holds up one hand for a three-count, fingers ticking down one by one before he puts his shoulder to the improvised ‘door’ and slams it open with a shower of loose stone and aggression.

He more or less immediately goes into action against the skeletons nearby.

16:53, Today: Bharash rolled 14 using 1d20+10.  Initiative.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan moved up into the room just as Bharash had crashed through the man-made doorway.  He immediately saw what Vogh had relayed to them all through her telepathy.  Lots of skeletons once again.  He wasn’t about to sit and wait for the soldiers this time.  He would engage them with his black blade.  “Let’s just kill these things and keep moving!  I tire from these undead distractions.”

Tristan moved past Bharash and into the teeth of the enemy.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
The Twins began growling orders to the men to get into better positions to be able to strike fast if and when they would be called up.  It seemed that Kal had chosen capable sergeants to lead his troops in his stead.

I just moved the soldiers and men around a little.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon saw the men shifting around and Tristan moving quickly into the tower where they had met the Aranea.  He knew the plan and figured that Bharash had finished the hole in the wall on the inside.  So, Deacon moved into the tower but stayed to the back and out of the way so he could monitor the situation from inside.

“Let me know if I should cast anything.”  Deacon added as he settled in to watch.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
As Bharash hit the stone wall she had cut out it collapsed under his weight easily.  Vogh had been ready to move and so as she followed Tristan out of the door she moved to the first skeleton she could see and swung Serenity through the ribcage of the thing.  The bones of the ribcage were no match for the purple crystalline blade as it shattered bone and cartilage alike cleaving the thing in two pieces as it collapsed to the floor.

Swift action to start her music, move action to engage skeleton, and then standard attack.  Can you let me know how close the wights are?  Also, if there is anything else that I need to report.
07:26, Today: Vogh rolled 38 using 1d20+20.  attack skeleton, damage roll not needed.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin was far too far back to be able to engage in the enemy.  Cursing his luck at not being able to do so.  “Don’t you be killing these things before I get a chance to engage!”

Talin will double move to get close to the new ‘door’ in the wall.

Thorrim will also squeeze through the opening and into the tower room.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As the wall falls to the force of Bharash´s shove, Julia sees the rows of skeletons arrayed in the room, rotting bones with scrips of flesh still hanging here and there, a bit of clothing hinting at a life they lived long ago.

As Tristan and Vogh spring past Bharash and into action, Julia summons the power to channel a blast at the undead.  She continues to eye Helmut, waiting for the priest to fulfill his promise to Bharash, but she wants to be ready.

As her friends move into the room, Julia feels the power well up inside of her, gathering strength before the burst of energy to come.  She holds back a moment, Helmut said he would protect them, and maybe he will.

OOC Julia wants to see if Helmut will do as he said, but her distrust of him is so high, she may not even give him a fair chance before she unleashes. At this point, she has only a thread of resistance left before she takes action.

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut was true to his word and more. Not only did he channel the energy of his gods, he strode boldly into the room, past the three who already entered and into the room of undead. With a smile over his shoulder, the cleric raised his holy symbol in one hand then laid his head back and a wave rolled out from him. Two dozen skeletons crumbled into dust in a blink as the golden energy flowed from Helmut, ending their undeath.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Vogh and the others could now see two of the wights, one standing inside the partially collapsed buliding which the group had destroyed last time. The two statues they had destroyed still lay in rubble, as did the wall the constructs had knocked down.

Those who had been here before noticed brand new walls of stone blocking all three of the original exits from the rooms. It seemed this cavern had been sealed off similar to the room they just left.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia was just beginning the first step of her march into the room, swelling with glorious power when… Helmut strode in ahead of her, almost into the ranks of skeletons before…the pulse was visceral, and where before skeletons stood were  now just piles of ash.

The entire scene was so powerful that Julia lost the strand of her own energy channel, the power completely vanishing for a moment, before she could recover.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Huh, now I’m not going to lie, that’s handy.” Bharash states as the wash of divine energy shatters corrupted bone and contaminated ligament into tattered dust, the burly Dragonborn padding smoothly past the other two to take up a guard stance on Helmut’s flank, eyeing the Wight in front of him – plainly looking to secure the others against the inevitable counter-attack.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Josiah moved forward into the tower just as the brilliant light went out from the other room.  He was missing the whole fight and so he pushed further in the tower but stopped short of the door as the large iron golem moved towards the new exit.

Kal sprinted inside the main room as the flash happened.  In the bright flash he spotted the wight further in the room and meant to close the distance with it.  He pulled up short so that the creature had to come to him.

Roll20 is updated.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The skeletons marched forward mindlessly, simply getting to the nearest person they could with their rough and broken swords. (Tristan and Bharash get AOO’s for the ones that passed them.) One skeleton managed to scratch Tristan (3dmg) another managed to bang into Bharash’s armor hard enough to possibly give him a bruise (5dmg).

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
As the Skeletons approached Tristan was ready.  One passed him intent on getting to Helmut so Tristan made it pay but slashing his blade from shoulder to hip destroying the skeleton before it could get to Helmut.

18:29, Today: Tristan rolled 29 using 1d20+20.  AoO if it hit, it kills skeleton.

===========================================================
Hulgar
———————————————————–
Hulgar wanted to advance but knew his role as lieutenant of the soldiers.  “Hold your ground men.  We will advance once we are able!”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Recovering from the momentary shock of Helmut`s attack on the skeletons, Julia strides into the room beside the priest.  Her hands held forward, palms facing the sekeltons in a sign of divine defiance, she releases her own blast of retribution on the undead (20dmg).

Julia casts Channel Energy against the undead.  Her feat Cleansing Light, all 1s rolled are re-rolled against undead.
18:53, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 20 using 6d6, rerolling ones with rolls of {1}{1}4,2,3,6,3,2.  Channel Energy- Undead.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
After Julia channeled her energy, destroying all the remaining skeletons, the weights moved forward. Disgusting, walking corpses were rotting and putrid, even worse than the skeletons. Their eye sockets glowed with a hungry red light as they moved toward Kalerecent and swiped at the Paladin with their dessicated arms. Bharash had one try to attack him as well, but the dragon warrior dodged easily.

The other wight moved toward Tristan, but stopped near the kayal, it’s eyes blazing red with hatred as it walked over the countless bones of destroyed skeletons.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Julia must post first by editing her placeholder above, but then we are top of round.

Initiative Round 2:
Tristan 25
Soldiers 23
Twins 20
Deacon 19
Vogh 18
Talin 17
Thorrim 16
Helmut 15
Bharash 14
Josiah 14
Kal 11
Skeletons 9 (re-dead)
Julia 7
Hulgar 7
Wights 7

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan gave a growl as the skeletons all dissipated into dust when Julia used her divine power.  Surprisingly the divine light didn’t diminish the blackness of his blade which he now held out in front of him.  Tristan took a 5ft step forward and lunged at the wight that came close to him.  He knew the maneuver would leave him a bit exposed but if he took out the wight, he wouldn’t have any enemies near him to worry about getting through his defenses.

Use Lunge to reach the wight with his strikes. -2 to AC till the end of next turn.

The black bastard sword slashed across the rotting, stinking, and skeletal body of the wight once and then twice in a blink of an eye.  The wounds from the blade cut deep slicing muscle and tendon as the thing dropped dead under the assault.  “Return to your forever resting place you disgusting thing!”

Hit AC31 and AC26 for 42 damage.
21:16, Today: Tristan rolled 31,17,26,25 using d20+20,d10+16,d20+15,d10+16.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
As the skeletons move to file past him, Bharash snaps his head around, causing six feet of razor-edged beard to lash out, wrap around the neck of the first of their number and then, with a jerk of his head pop the luckless cadavers head clean off.

He doesn’t even lift his swords to do so. That waits until the wight gets closer, whereupon he smoothly removes its leading arm with a circular motion of one blade at the same time he skewers it through the bottom of its jaw with the other, finishing by bringing both blades back along their course at a slight angle to nearly bisect it in both axis.

Five pieces of extremely re-dead corpse hit the ground as he steps back, wiping off his weapons.

15:15, Today: Bharash rolled 35 using 4d20 ((4,15,10,6)).

Bharash can’t fail to kill, absent ones so he’s having a little fun with this one. ^_^

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
The soldiers, Twins, and Hulgar will hold their action till told to advance.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon moved to the edge of the tower and looked out to see what all was happening.  It all seemed to be under control for the time being so he held onto Yaeshla tight, ready to use her abilities if needed.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh blinked as suddenly all the skeletons were vaporized.  She quickly found a new target by Bharash and so moved to engage.  “I got this one Bharash!”

Vogh flashed Serenity across the wight’s face and sliced it in two.  The strike was enough to fell the nasty smelling undead.

Hit AC22 for 29 damage.
21:34, Today: Vogh rolled 22,29 using d20+20,d8+23.  attack wight.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin watched as the wights revealed themselves and attacked Kalecerent.  He couldn’t see the others being attacked but wanted to kill the one for attacking his friend.  So, Talin dug in his heel and sprinted right after Vogh. As he ran Talin let out a feral growl.  Something happened then as if SolarSong had heard his growl for suddenly off to the left side of him a golden mist began to swirl and a second later a full-grown lion padded out of the mist as it dissipated.

Talin didn’t even see the lion as he charged to Kal’s side and swung SolarSong in a two-handed slice through the neck of the thing. The head rolled to the ground a second later and then the body fell to the ground.

Hit AC29 for 34 damage.

21:41, Today: Talin rolled 29,34 using d20+27,4d6+16.  attack wight.

[Private to GM: Need to get a lion token up for me to control.]

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kal smiled as the wights approached and tried to attack him.  He had his defenses set and defended well against their clawed hands.  Then a moment later, Talin came rushing at him and finished off one of the wights leaving him with one of his own.  So, with the Sword of Truth in his hand and a look of glee in his eyes he slashed at the last remaining wight before him.  The Sword of Truth easily cuts the flesh and bone of the wight in many places even taking off an arm at the shoulder the wight dies to Kal’s flurry of strikes.
“Thanks for the assist Talin!”  Kal looked over his shoulder to now notice a golden lion at his side.  “Where did that come from?”  He asked Talin before looking back and calling, “Deacon did you summon a lion?”

09:27, Today: Kalerecent rolled 43,20,9,32,22,4 using d20+25,d8+15,2d6,d20+25,d8+15,2d6.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Any other foes within my range in here?  If not then we need to break through some more walls it seems.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon had no idea where the lion came from.  Though it seemed to follow along with Talin so perhaps it was something he did?  “I didn’t summon it no.  It isn’t attacking us so I presume it is on our side.”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The regal lion looked at the group then walked over to Talin and plopped down in front of him, looking up at the Bard then at his sword. The creature grabbed a skeleton bone devoid of flesh and chomped on it lazily.

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut looked around, surveying the destroyed undead. “You all mentioned no undead the last time you came, correct? And these walls, they were not here before?” He walked near to one, but didn’t touch it. His large construct had finally knelt down and made its way into the room with the high priest. “These walls, they must have been magically created. Did you fight spell casters? You mentioned the balor demon, yes? And a demon centaur and a flaming woman I remember from your story. Any arcane or divine wielder of sufficient power could have conjured magical walls. The question is why.” The priest looked over the re-dead undead piles and narrowed his eyes in thought.

“Typically undead must be controlled, but trapped as they are, it would seem these walls were constructed to keep them here as sort of a trap for you, and for the creatures. Very interesting. We are certainly battling an intelligent enemy.”

He looked to Bharash. “Do you wish to use your tool to cut into these walls? And does it matter which direction we go?”

===========================================================
Josiah Crand (NPC)
———————————————————–
Josiah showed a bit of frustration on his face. “Perhaps we brought too many people. Nothing that you all described is present. It seems your enemies prepared for your return, but none of these foes are a match for even a fraction of this force’s ability. Thorrim and I haven’t even needed to raise a finger. Should we stay?” The angelic man looked at the centaur who merely shrugged and pursed his lips in apathy.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash, looking thoughtful muses aloud at Helmut’s question “Well, I don’t know much about magic but I guess if you just wanted to raise the dead and leave them to hurt people, blocking them in’s the way to go. As for what we’re dealing with… The ritual room we ran into was down there.” – he motions with his hand in the general direction that they took the other day – “But since we didn’t do any scrying in advance of the assault this time, who knows where they are?”

“As for leaving, well…” – here, he works his jaw a bit, goes to adjust his beard and swears softly as he pricks his fingers on it – “Dammit, uh, well I don’t imagine we’ll get a lot of warning if they do turn up suddenly. I’d at least like to check out the ritual chamber first, I mean that thing did not look like you could just pack it up and leave.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
To Helmut, Vogh responded, “As I said earlier I think the Dark Reliquary found out somehow.  As for powerful arcane or divine users, I am sure that we have pissed off more than a few within those ranks.”

To Josiah and Thorrim Vogh gave a shrug of her shoulders.  “I would think not lifting a finger thus far speaks volumes to our plans thus far.  I would like for you to stay with us but if you are not wanting to continue I won’t stop you and thank you for coming this far.”

Back to Helmut, Vogh continued, “I think we should just head to the south as Bharash said.  I don’t think we need to head to the north side since it seems to have been blocked anyways.  I will make sure it isn’t trapped nor any magical traps like the doors were.”

Vogh looked at the lion that appeared and then to Talin, “Where in the world did that come from?”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin looked at the lion which had been looking at his blade as it laid there next to him gnawing on the bone.  “I have no idea but it seems to like me so I will accept that.  It is weird though.  I made a growling sound and suddenly it began to appear.”

“Josiah and Thorrim, please stick this out.  If you came for us let us lead you.”

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan moved to the north side of the room just to check it out.

I move to the wall on the north side.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
As Tristan passed in front of the door, an explosion rocked up from the floor. (21 fireball DC 15 reflex half)

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan triggers the trap on the floor and something in his head tells him to jump to the side.  Thankfully, his sixth sense gave him a chance to dodge some of the fireball that exploded before him but he still felt the burn on his flesh.  “What the hell?”  He said as he recovered and looked back to the spot on the ground.  “Seems they have warded the floor with traps as well.  Lesson learned I guess, at least I dodged a majority of the blast.  Everyone stay where you are and those of us that can detect magic, check around to make sure there aren’t other traps!”

Tristan will detect magic and begin looking around, clearing the area.

The same goes for Vogh, Talin, Deacon(once he is told), Julia, Hulgar, and Helmut.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
After helping look around so that everyone would be safe to move into the room, Vogh moved to the newly built wall and checked for magic and traps so they could move forward.

Cast detect magic and check for traps.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Thankfully their magical inspection didn’t reveal any more auras. It seemed someone had placed the glyph to explode once someone walked through the door and into this room. Someone looked into the tower and realized another glyph was on the floor in front of that door as well. The group had completely circumvented both of them due to their clever idea to simply cut through the wall.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“I can’t see any traps on this stone wall.  Bharash care to cut again or shall I?”  Vogh hadn’t given Bharash his tool back yet and held it out to him as she asked the question.  “Before we head onto the other side I will check if there is another magical trap on the ground.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Might as well, you guys bring the magic and I’ll bring the muscle.” Bharash answers cheerfully, sheathing his swords and producing his cutting tool again while adding with a grin “And the brains.” for the benefit of Helmut and the Litorians, then padding over to carefully (and quietly) drill a small hole to peer through again before getting more expansive with the blade – caution first!

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent moved over with Bharash while the big warrior began cutting yet another stone wall. “Did you anticipate playing stone mason as much as warrior on this trip?” The holy warrior jested. “Would you mind elaborating on what my men discovered above? I know you’ve ventured down here before. But that was quite interesting.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Not really, but where I grew up, a raid would often include grappling hooks so you could pull a wall down before you stormed on in. When I started running into good stonework, I thought those days were over until someone brought up fancy metals that could go through stone like butter and… Well…” – here, Bharash takes out the drill and reconfigures it before peering through the hole, nodding and starting in on a door – “Here we are. You’ve just got to be careful not to cut through anything load-bearing, or make too big a hole.”

The second question though, that makes him slow down and then stop before sighing and admitting “I have a really, really horrible idea what that’s about. I mean, the kind of horrible that’d keep you up nights if you really stop and think about it. You actually up for that, or are you just making small talk?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh was standing there waiting for Bharash to finish his cutting when she heard him speak of the mural.  “What is horrible about it?  I’d like to know.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Okay.” Bharash states, reaching the bottom of the cut and starting up on the other side but pausing so that he can stand and explain, sounding rather grim as he does so “It goes like this… I’m pretty good with a blade or two, right? I mean you see me coming at you, you know you’re in for a bad day… But I’m not that good. Not yet. There’re more dangerous people than me in the city and down here, day-in, day-out.”

Which is a fair point, and more or less sets the framing for what follows as he explains “Now I’ve never seen a mural of them or any of you. So it’s not my being dangerous that made me stick in their minds. About the only thing I’ve ever done differently was that when we were slamming through here, I got sick of killing them. They couldn’t put up a fight, they weren’t armed or armoured to do more than slow me down…” – looking faintly nauseous behind his new beard, Bharash sighs – “…so I started knocking them out, piling them up to one side after the fight. Beating them down, but letting them live.”

He pauses again, looking around the group before explaining the thought that’s upset him so much “You get that? All it took to make them paint that mural was showing them mercy. Fighting them, sure but not killing them just because I could. And no-one. No-one else ever has.”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia moves up to the shoulder of her friend.  He towers over her, but she senses that something deeper is troubling him.  Maybe he has also suffered for lack of mercy in his life.    Although they have been friends for awhile, much of Bharash`s past is still unknown to Julia.

My dear Bharash, the world is unkind to many, and those such as the rats possibly more than others.  But for every unkindness the world brings, it also brings love and wonders in equal measure.  Maybe the plight of their kind has been unjustly cruel to this point, but perhaps they are on the cusp of something greater.  Maybe this mural is a symbol that they recognize that their journey can and will be different in the future than it has been to this point.  Perhaps they needed someone to show them the possibility of mercy and kindness to help them find that new path.  I think there can be no greater good that one can do, than what you may have done for them. I imagine they are not the only creatures whose path can be altered from misery to something more.

Having said her piece, Julia squeezed Bharash’s arm and stepped over to Kal and the other men to make a quick inspection for any damaged equipment, which she would mend as needed.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent scrunched up his nearly perfect half-elven features as the duo conversed, then responded with his head tilted to one side with a confused look. “I… Forgive me… But I don’t understand. Rat men? You’re talking about the ratmen which plage the sewers, attack people in the city above, and spread disease? The church has decreed them killed on sight and pays 5 gold per tail delivered… Why? Why by Lothian would you show these beasts mercy? By your own accounts of recent events the beasts have attacked you all on multiple occassions, are in league with these chaos cultists and even used firearms and the evil chaos technology against you? By whatever god you serve, why would you ever leave one alive?”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia turned to Kal, even when he was being difficult, his elven beauty made it challenging to contradict anything he said. It is true, Kal, that we have had plenty of encounters with the ratmen, as have many in the city.  I am not defending their actions.  I simply mean that, well, what choice have they had but to fall in league with those who operate in the shadows?  They certainly aren’t accepted in the daylight.  And we all know that there are powerful players who are pursuing their own ends that would happily manipulate the ratmen, or any other party for that matter, to see those ends fulfilled.  The ratmen are at best pawns in their schemes.

For that matter, any one of us could fall victim to the compulsion, whether magical or not, of those players.  But should we all be killed on sight?  I cannot blame those of us who have crossed paths with the ratmen for having feelings of anger toward them.  I truly understand it.  But the position of the church, paying bounties for their tails…This policy is known to me, but never sat well.  It is only now that I can truly put words to those emotions.

That mural…it shows something, doesn’t it?  That there is more to those ratmen; that they are not just vermin.  They painted that in reverence of Bharash, out of respect.  They are not mindless rodents, they are thankful.  And if they can be thankful, if they can show reverence for the mercy they were finally shown, then they are capable of honor. And maybe we should look for a way to engage with them, rather than leaving them, poor and weak as they are, to the misuse of the more powerful.

As Julia finished, she realized that she had raised her voice, that everyone was looking at  her.  She had not intended to make a speech, but she had been suddenly so invigorated.  That feeling had a connection to the place where she drew her power.  She had never really felt something quite like it before…

The feeling quickly evaporated as she saw the stern look of disapproval on Kal’s face.  Maybe she had gone too far, but she believed so deeply the words she had said.  She would not take them back.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

There’s definite guilt in Bharash’s tone as much as anything, as if something about the mural, about the realisation of what it meant to them that someone came down here and fought the ratkin without seeking their extermination – as opposed to what it meant to him – has shaken him in a fairly serious fashion and with every word Julia voices the guilt only seems to get worse.

Which of course is when Kalarecent chips in to question why he’d even do what he did and gives him a chance to voice just what the hell he was thinking, only for Julia to take the moment, to speak up, and to stand out as someone better… Deepening his guilt as he explains “Yeah, I wish it was that. Be nice to think that I was the good guy. But you really want to know why I didn’t butcher my way through a bunch of untrained folks half my size, armed with trash?”

Groaning softly, he leans back against the wall next to where he was cutting and admits “It was too easy. Killing them. It was like fighting children. No challenge. No art. Knocking someone out though? With a blade? Leaving them alive to know you were better than they are, that they’re only alive because you left them that way.”, closing his eyes as he drops his head onto his chest and sighs, “I did it because I’m an arrogant little shit and now I find I really don’t like the mirror they just held up for me.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh listened to the others speak about religion and the ratmen.  She was of the mind that if ratmen didn’t attack her she wouldn’t attack them.  Even when her and Talin had joined up with a group to go hunt rat tails, she didn’t outright attack them first.  Sure, they had gone to their homes and had a right to defend themselves, but they attacked instead of talking.  If they had talked it was possible that Vogh wouldn’t have attacked them.

The time now wasn’t the time to be talking philosophy and religion.  They had a mission to complete and time was probably of the essence.  So, Vogh interjected, ”while I would love to speak about the philosophy of all this, I don’t think now is the time.  We need to push forward and stay alert to our surroundings.  They have obviously tried to prepare for our return by setting traps and leaving undead for us to tackle and utilize our resources.  Can we table this discussion till we are back above ground and a drink in our hands?”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia speaks low so only Bharash and those immediately next to him can hear. Regardless of your intentions, the impact is undeniable.  Sometimes a mirror is exactly what we need to see, to understand who we are, who we aren’t and maybe how to get from one to the other. 

Then, looking around and raising her voice she says, Vogh is right.  The danger these chaos cultist impose is too great to delay any longer.  Let’s get through this wall.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash finished the hole. Vogh confirmed no intelligent creatures were within her range and the hallway before them appeared empty to the limits of their vision.

The big warrior poet completed the door and a detect magic revealed another glow on the floor.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan picked up the partial body of a wight and carried it over to the new doorway bharash had cut. He unceremoniously threw the body on the magical spot and ducked back behind the wall. Fire again erupted as the glyph was activated.

Checking again, no magic was revealed to their sight.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kalerecent looked into the hallway and pursed his lips, looking back at his troops. “My friends. I fear the way forward is going to be hindered by too many extra bodies. More boots means more chance of stepping on traps. I’m thinking of sending the twins with half my men back up to check on the White House, then station at the apartment above to watch our flank. Does anyone object?”

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia indicates that she finds the course of action prudent. Until now, their numbers have been more hindrance than help, anyway.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
When Tristan moved forward and tossed part of the wight onto the magic on the floor, Vogh looked to him with a smile.  “Well done Tristan, payback I suppose for that one you stepped on earlier.”

When Kal said he wanted to send some troops back with the twins, Vogh glanced back to him.  “I think that a wise move.  You could probably send them all back here shortly.  I would just have one of the twins take these 10 back and once we take the tunnel heading to the White House you can send the other back with the remaining force.  Those could just stay at the apartment building and await the other group.  Hulgar and yourself should be all we need and both of you are much more sturdy in battle.  Now, let’s head down.”

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan moved through the opening now that it was clear and not knowing if there were more traps he cast his own detect magic so as not to make the same mistake as before.  “Let’s go Bharash!”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Seems reasonable to me. No sense having everyone traipsing around down here until we know we have a target.” Bharash states as he shakes off his fug and gets back in the game, chuckling wickedly when the Wight is used to set the fireball off although not without adding “Might be better to disarm those going forwards. They’re sort of loud.”

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kal had an idea and turned to Vogh. “Do any of you have a way to magically communicate with my men while they are above?”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Not I.  I have limits to my telepathy.  Perhaps the others though.”

“I certainly can try but I am no Belie in my ability to disarm.  I might just set the thing off anyways.” 

Vogh followed behind Tristan and Bharash as they went down to the building that fell and then they did dug it out.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group didn’t make it all the way down to the collapsed building before Vogh’s sense picked up one, then two wraiths. Neither of them were visible to the group but appeared to be off to either side of the tunnel, on the other side of the wall stones. Vogh’s senses allowed her to know the location of intelligent creatures even through solid stone.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Vogh relayed to the others what she sensed.  “I can sense two wraiths on both sides of the tunnel ahead.  They are on the other side of the stone walls.  I think a few of us should proceed forward.  Kal, do you want to stay here with your soldiers while we move forward?”

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Kal nodded and turned back to his men and Hulgar.  “Let’s stay here while they move forward a bit.  Hulgar, take the back of the formation while I guard the front.”

===========================================================
Helmut Itlestein High Priest (NPC)
———————————————————–
Helmut spoke up, “We need to proceed with caution. Wraiths are a far nastier enemy than skeletons and wights. They can pass into solid objects and if they touch you, they literally drain your life force. Julia and I will be ready with our channeling abilities to harm them. Also, only magical weapons will affect them. Which I believe all of you have covered, except the soldiers… Yes?”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Upon hearing there are more undead up ahead, and ones even nastier than the last,  Talin treads lightly up to Vogh. He moves with a casual (almost arrogant seeming) grace as he slowly slides the length of SolarSong from its sheath.  His eyes and head make the quickest of movement as the legendary blade clears the leather, Talin furtively verifying that no more exhibits from a menagerie accidentally spring into being.

He quietly pitches his voice to Vogh “I am not sure we should send the soldiers back yet, not until we see what force these wraiths have at their disposal.  Bringing them with us this far has almost certainly brought attention from those that make nests in these dark warrens.  It would be like sounding a giant gong then throwing away the mallet before we see what it summons to the dance.”

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“As long as they don’t manage to get their hands on me, I can serve them up like supper… Not many things that Gixhaurach and Valeijhaurach can’t cut.” Bharash comments softly, drawing his second sword once more (since wandering around with them both out is just asking for trouble when you need to put a hand to something).

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
When Vogh told everyone that there were wraiths ahead Deacon knew he needed to stay in the middle of the pack.  While his magic could easily destroy one he was not trying to use any quite yet.  But as a precaution he grabbed hold of Yaeshla with white knuckles and advanced aling the hallway.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Yes, all have magical weapons so hitting them shouldn’t be an issue.  You are quite right that these are considerable tough enemies and not so easily controlled as the skeletons and wights.”

Vogh moved further along to get to within about 10ft of the point she knew them to be behind the walls.

When Talin moved close to her and spoke she didn’t turn to address him but did answer his question.   “I sent them because it is just too cramped down here.  Remember past the fallen building it is only a 5ft corridor and we would be too strung out and unable to protect the soldiers.  If we come across easy enemies we can dispatch them that much better.  Besides you have a new best friend it seems.  We are going to have to figure out if there is more that magnificent bladenis capable of doing.  Oh, did you name it yet?”

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
As the group moved forward Vogh sensed two more wraiths beneath them out front. There must have been a corridor below them for the undead we’re moving toward them, but lower in the earth than the current corridor. The two Vogh first sensed did not move.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Kal, keep your men back at the room in defensive positions.  I sense two more wraiths below us.  Most likely in some sub-chamber or something.  They are getting close to us up here.  Deacon stay back with them.  Kal, Josiah, and Thorrrim come forward to our position while we move down into the main chamber down here.  Helmut please stay towards the middle and Julia advance with us.”  This was all said in her telepathy.  Vogh then motioned for Tristan and Bharash to move forward till they reached the room.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As Vogh and the others near the location of the wraiths, Julia readies herself to channel energy at the undead, should they overwhelm the fighters or target the casters, instead.

17:01, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 16 using 1d20+3.  Initiative .

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
10:06, Today: Talin rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  Initiative . Thanks

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
17:29, Today: Vogh rolled 20,21,17 using d20+7,d20+7,d20+9.  Initiative Vogh, Deacon, Tristan.

Vogh and the others moved past the wraiths in the wall hoping to tease them to action.  It worked well for she sensed them advance towards.  “Stand ready here they come.”  Vogh began her song in the heads of the others.  The music seemed much more guttural than before.  The weapons of the others began to glow a slight red as they were inflamed with fire.

Everyone gets +3 to hit and damage and an additional 3d6 fire damage to their attacks.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon held back a bit as Vogh had asked.  He prepared to defend in the case the wraiths came up towards them instead of hitting the warriors upfront.

Ready action to use a spell.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan was ready for a fight and held his black blade before him to strike any wraith that might try and get close to him.  “Come and taste the bite of my black blade you evil creatures.”

17:46, Today: Tristan rolled 36,17,13 using d20+17,d10+13,3d6.  readied attack and damage.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

Bharash*, absent room in the front of the group takes a look at the two walls, thinks back to what little he knows of Wraiths and places himself as centrally as he can before taking a slow, deep breath and summoning that calm sense of battle-madness with which he has learned to wrap his heart… Waiting for the moment to lash out with a precision stop-thrust aimed through the face of the first ghastly spectre he spies.

* Who seems to have completely disappeared from the map.

In any case, he’ll put himself in the middle of the non-melee-combatants and wait for undead to schmooze through the walls, whereupon he will twat the first one. If necessary, he’ll combine a free action to secure reach to do so.

If he does this, it’ll be: 45(47) to hit, for 22(24) slashing, 6 holy & 9 fire… Unless 39(41) critically confirms, in which case it’ll be 66(72) slashing. in this case, denoting if he needs to rage for reach.

16:45, Today: Bharash rolled 12 using 1d20.  Critical threat.
16:44, Today: Bharash rolled 18,6,6,9 using 1d20,1d8,2d6,3d6.  Held action.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
One wraith reached out to touch tristan, but failed miserably as his black blade flashed out. Bharash’s heavy armor made it easier for the wraith that reached out to touch him.

NPC Wraiths (these are touch attacks, ignoring natural & regular armor and shileds but deflection bonuses and foce effects work normally, I think I critted Bharash)
Tristan 9,4,3
Bharash 26,1,1
24 to confirm crit

These wraiths have AC 18 with 50 hit points, but they take only 50% damage from corpoeal sources and are immune to critical hits. They have Cover (+4 AC taking it to 22) since they are mostly inside the wall and reaching out to touch you. I know you all did a lot of damage, I’ll let you determine if you killed them or not.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
As Vogh confidently issues the mental commands that essentially make him (and her) the cheese in a giant undead mouse trap, Talin gives her a look of wide-eyed surprise “Give him a name?  Why, it almost sounds like you don’t recognize him.  Surely you know of Lionel GoldenMane, the anointed Sun Risen King of the Savannahs”.  Only the barest quirk of a lip gives his jest away.

Talin positions himself alongside Vogh, ready to take on the phantasmal wraith that will certainly spring through the wall on the left to attack Bharash or himself as they pass.  Trusting the giant adonis to keep an eye on the ones lurking ahead, and knowing his heart’s Siren call will do the same for Tristan on the right, he places both hands on SolarSong’s long hilt.

Talin will ready an attack for the wraith on the left (or any enemy that comes in his range).

Attack roll was 31, damage is 42 (before being cut in half by the wraith’s abilities)

06:42, Today: Talin rolled 5 using 1d6.  additional d6, accidently rolled 2d6 instead of 3d6.
20:49, Today: Talin rolled 30,7 using 2d6+19,2d6. – damage for readied attack.  Accidentally rolled 2d6 for Vogh’s fire buff instead of 3d6

20:47, Today: Talin rolled 31 using 1d20+28.  Attack Roll + 3 from Vogh’s performance.

===========================================================
Narrator
———————————————————–
Bharash 29
Hulgar 24
Deacon 21
Vogh 20
Thorrim 20
Talin 19
Tristan 17
Julia 16
Wraiths 16 (re-deadeed)
Josiah 14
Helmut 13
Kal 11
Wraiths 9
Soldiers 6

Hulgar, Julia, and everyone below the wraiths in initiative can take their action.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As the party moves forward, Julia sees the Wraiths spring from the wall.  Her friends are ready and Bharash and Talin quickly strike at the Wraith on the left, while Tristan struck at the Wraith on the right, then expertly dodged the Wraith’s own counterstrike.  Despite their precise movements and well executed attacks, the various weapons of the party seem to pass through the creatures almost as through a black smoke.

The Wraiths let out a screech as they are hit, but their bodies seem to reform after the swings pass through them, so Julia is certain they were injured, but it is unclear how severely.

As the Wraith on the left screeches, it reaches out a smokey tendril an strikes at Bharash, making contact with him.

Julia steps forward, just behind the group of fighters, and lets the divine energy flow into her.  Holding her hands out in front of her, palms forward, Julia glows momentarily with the power before it explodes around her in a flash of light.  The burst of energy is targeted at the undead, the light enveloping and cutting through their smokey forms. Get back in your graves, phantoms!

10:45, Today: Julia Graymantle rolled 34 using 9d6, rerolling ones.  Channel Energy – Harm Undead with Enhanced Cures in a 30 ft. burst centered on her.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The two wraiths beneath the floor moved toward Tristan and Bharash. Only Vogh knew the duo was closing until the two warriors saw translucent hands appear from the floor and touch their feet.

Wraiths
Tristan: 10,1,5
Bharash: 22,5,5

First dice roll is attack result, second negative energy damage the third is Con drain.
Creatures hit by a wraith’s touch attack must succeed on a DC 17 Fortitude save or take 1d6 Constitution drain.

@Bharash, make sure you took that from the last attack if it did indeed hit you and you failed the save.

Reminder: They are mostly in the floor, so they have cover.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
Bharash 29
Hulgar 24–ready action to attack if needed
Deacon 21–ready action to attack if needed
Vogh 20
Thorrim 20–ready action to attack if needed
Talin 19
Tristan 17
Julia 16
Josiah 14
Helmut 13
Kal 11
Wraiths 9
Soldiers 6

Vogh knew where the wraiths were and could see the hands reaching up from the floor to try and touch both Bharash and Tristan.  She easily took a step forward and both her blades slashed low to cut the hands from the undead thing.  The thing’s arms shriveled and it sunk low back into the floor quite dead.

Hit AC18 for 23 ghost touch and 12 fire and shock damage=26
Hit AC28 for 21 normal damage and 17 fire and shock damage=18
Hit AC22 for 23 ghost touch and 13 fire and shock damage=29
Hit AC24 for 25 normal damage and 12 fire and shock damage=18
91 total damage
19:30, Today: Vogh rolled 18,23,12,28,21,17,22,23,13,24,25,12 using D20+13,d8+20,4d6,d20+13,d8+20,4d6,d20+8,d8+20,4d6,d20+8,d8+20,4d6.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

The merest flicker of a shadowed hood appearing through the wall next to him is greeted by a shining length of divinely-graced weapon (although they still don’t know to which deity it’s consecrated, something that still bothers Bharash from time to time) which pierces neatly through what passes for its face, entering through the spectral mouth and exiting through the back of its head.

Regrettably, this is less effective than it might be on something with a body and, although horribly injured the Wraith simply floats through the blade – tearing as it goes – to lay hands upon Bharash’s arm, where the black, empty bite of its hollow existence tries to rip a piece from the dragonborn’s soul… And discovers that it, much like the rest of him is a borderline fortress of determined resistance in the brief moment before Julia simply erases it from existence with a torrent of divine light…

…which is more or less the cue for the second one to appear from the floor beneath him and grab his feet, earning itself a grim “Seriously?” before he performs an extremely simple blade-whirl with both weapons, swirling them through the space occupied by the things head.

A moment later and there’s a light ‘dong’ as he slaps his helmet with the back of his hand, and states “Dammit, I should have said that this’ll be no great feet or something!”

15:32, Today: Bharash rolled 31 using 1d20+13.  Fortitude save.
15:28, Today: Bharash rolled 29 using 1d20+13.  Fortitude save.

15:40, Today: Bharash rolled 15,10,16,19,5,2 using 1d20,1d20,1d20,1d20,1d20,1d20.  Six attacks, looking for 1+, 1+, 1+, 1+, 5+, 5+.

Okay, Bharash hits five times. His minimum damage per blow is 14+2+3, 19, or 9 points after halving. I think it’s safe to say the Wraith is dead.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin’s entire focus is on the wall to Bharash’s left, SolarSong ready to disabuse anything that comes through that wall with an idea to ambush his mountain of a friend.  He lets the danger to right pass out of his mind, certain that Vogh will handle whatever that thing can throw at them, and that Julia will make certain no undead threat stans a true chance of threatening actually harming them. Whether or not they can truly trust Helmut to aid them is irrelevant at this moment, as Julia is more than up to this task.

The wraiths from coming the front are even less of a concern for Talin at the moment.  He almost pities anything that tries to take Bharash on from the front, incorporeal or no.

As the fetid hand of a long-dead soul appears out from the wall to grasp the Dragonborn’s arm, his mightly armor providing no more of a barrier than the wall it is reaching through to attack him, Talin strikes.  Before his blade can remove the offending hand, the wraith’s silently screaming mouth is rent by a lighting quick flick of Bharash’s off-hand blade.  Talin’s own blow severs the arm cleanly bove the elbow.  Despite the way its body flows like smoke out of the path of the blade and attempts to reform behind it, the combined damage is too much and it clearly begins to dissipate.

It didn’t get the chance.  A blast of pure holy light completely removes it from existence, as if it never was.  Talin wryly shrugs his shoulders and wonders if the blades were even necessary with Julia watching over.

The wraiths in the front clearly weren’t in the blast zone, as one unwisely tries to take on Bharash from the font.  Seeing that Vogh has removed the one threatening Tristan and Bharash has his already reduced to smoke,  Talin lingers for a second to admire how aesthetically pleasing they both look while in conflict.

Bring himself back to business,  he steps up next to Bharash and readies an action to defend them from anything else that might come down the hall.

He mentally summons his lion to the space he vacated “What do you smell Lionel?” 

– Five-foot adjustment to the space between Vogh and Bharash, Lion summoned to the space behind him.  Ready attack if anything comes from the front.

22:23, Today: Talin rolled 30,30,7 using 1d20+28,2d6+19,3d6 with rolls of 2,6,5,2,2,3.  Ready attack roll with Vogh’s buff, plus damage with 3d6 for fire buff.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
As Vogh and Bharash send the last two Wraiths back to Death‘s awaiting arms, Julia begins scanning for further dangers, casting detect magic down the hallway.  Stay on your guard everyone!  Vogh, do you sense any other creatures ahead?

As Lionel saunters past her, Julia is taken by a notion… she reaches out and gives the big cat a quick scratch between the ears, before resuming her magic detection.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group made their way the rest of the way down the tunnel, passing the door to the strange room they once dealt with the magical tentacles which lead to the other room with a suspended bed, they arrived at the iron door. Bharash’s drilled hole was still there. The door glowed magical to those whose sight were searching for such things, looking very similar to the doors they faced before. Unfortunately, the walls to either side of the door were too narrow for Bharash to cut a hole through like they had in the tower.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“I am detecting magic on the door much like the others I had seen.  Perhaps we should just head down the other way and make out way to the White House.  That machine they talked about has to be that way.  I know we may leave enemies behind but we have already bypassed other areas without checking those.  Plus that crazy room beyond this door is not something we can bring everyone with and thus we would leave people behind.  I am not sure that would help and would use our spell resources in the meantime.  If anyone has anything different please let’s discuss it.”  Vogh had much going through her head and the decision couldn’t just be hers.

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia nods in agreement as Vogh details their next actions. If you think that is the best course of action, Vogh, then I am with you.   You always have a good sense for these things, so let’s trust your instincts.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin eyes the glowing(not to him, but to others) door and purses his lips in thought.  “If this door doesn’t lead us to our desired destination, then it would be an imprudent waste of resources to investigate it at the moment.”

Eying Vogh carefully, he continues “ Which is to say I agree with your point, but given the recent ambush, despite how… inconsequential… its actual threat was, I think it is unwise to simply move past and hope it remains simply a path untaken.”

Surveying their remaining forces “ I think it would not be a good idea to further split our force to leave a lookout or guard” The lion slowly rises from its languid seat, shakes out its golden mane, and eyes the door.   Talin meets the lion’s eyes and quickly shakes his head. “I would have you with me, my friend.  Lions prowl, dogs guard.”

Glancing at the door again, he shares “I can set a ward around the door, so at least we would have warning if something did attempt to use it to attack us from the rear…. (in a quieter voice) well, anything but more wraiths..”

If there are no objections, Talin will cast Alarm on the space in front of the door, making a point to keep the actual door out of the radius.  It will last for 24 hours and make a sound in his mind if anything physical crosses it (if he is within 1 mile of it).

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

“Hey, I’m pretty much here for the muscle work.” Bharash states amenably, looking over the door and musing aloud – mostly in case he happens to trigger a thought in one of the people who actually study all this nonsense “That messed up room seemed pretty important, but if none of you thought much of it and the door’s too dangerous to touch, then we can just press on. My only concern is whether or not we’ve got the teleportation resources to extract everyone if it gets dangerous down there.”

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
Deacon thought long and hard as the others discussed the door before them.  He could probably dispel the magic but as Vogh had said, they may need their spells later.  “I am sure we have enough teleportation magic but those are rather more complicated spells and I personally don’t have as many of them.  Also, if we need them later to get out of danger as Bharash has said then it may be more difficult to do so.”

Then Deacon watched as Talin cast Alarm on the door, “Great idea Talin.  I was going to suggest doing that for we can at least know if something goes through the door.  We may not know which way they go but perhaps another well-placed alarm will alert us if they come towards us.  Perhaps midway down the corridor towards the White House.”

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
With the spell cast and moving forward decided, Vogh begins to move down the corridor that should lead to the White House.  She continually reached out with her mind and had kept an eye for traps.

“Good, let’s move out then!  Thank you for your counsel!”  Vogh still followed close behind Bharash and Tristan, who would be using his magic to detect magical traps.

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talin lets the low sing-song of his alarm spell fade as he pockets a thin silver chain of bells.  Noticing his new friend has taken an interest in the monstrous Shield Guardian’s leg (and hoping to avoid any “incidents”), he calls Lionel back to his side behind Vogh.

He is glad to see that Deacon at least is in a position to keep an eye on the Guardian’s master, but is concerned about how neatly they could be boxed in here if things go wrong.

Talin catches Julia’s eye and tells her “My spell will only detect a threat that comes at us from that door, not one that comes from behind.  Wraiths and other threats could still come at us there”.

He follows behind Vogh with Lionel at his side, keeping SolarSong ready to address any threats that come from the side, bottom or top.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
(This passageway is REALLY long, so I do not have a map for every foot of it.)

As the group marched forward, the tunnel changed from the new construction to a very rough cut hallway which had crumbled with age. Unlike the well crafted and professionally carved rooms of the temple they left behind, this passage was irregular at best, varrying in width, height and even elevation. They walked up small “hills,” then back down.

(Remember spells like dancing lights and detect magic have durations. I’m going to assume detect magic is still going, but dancing lights died, thus my next part. Also remember that I assume NOTHING in your favor. If you don’t explicitly tell me “I’m checking for traps every 6 inches” then I assume you’re just walking forward.)

When the dancing lights Talin had conjured disappeared there was a small grunt from the back. The soldiers were too well trained to cry out in the darkness, but moments later one, then several, torches flared to life. Hulgar grunted from the back of the troop, his voice echoing along the tunnel’s distance. “What’s the matter boys? Scared of the dark?” He jested with the mostly human troops. They grumbled back goodnaturedly.

The front guys slowed (That’s tristan and bharash, right?) as the tunnel widened into a natural cavern which had only one exit. The roof curved above them, four times Bharash’s height, feeling more like a natural cave than anything man-made. Several stalagtites hung down from the ceiling, the largest only a few feet long.

[Private to Vogh: Vogh can sense the presence of a half dozen stirge’s on the ceiling]

===========================================================
Julia Graymantle
———————————————————–
Julia continues to search for signs of magic as the group makes their way down the long hall.

As the dancing lights winked out of existence and the soldiers began to grumble in the back, Julia looks over to Talin, who is walking just ahead of her.  Talin, your sword is called SolarSong, isn’t it?  May I have a look at it, please?

Talin holds the sword out to Julia who takes the hilt in her hand, gazing with reverence upon the blade. A fitting name.  Let’s just see if we can… Julia runs her hand along the blade and mutters a few words (Julia casts Light upon SolarSong. 20 Ft. Radius of normal light, additional 20 feet of lighting 1 step up from the ambient light for 120 minutes) and a radiant light emits from the sword.  Now that’s looking better already.  Thank you, Talin.   Julia hands the sword back to the bard.

After handing the sword back, Julia glances back toward the men in the back with their torches out.  The flickering light of shadows is never much better than pure darkness, as the flames cause dancing shadows to spring upon the walls.  Along the rough hewn and irregular passage, the flickering is even worse, and Julia can sense that some of the men are getting jumpy.  She raises her voice so that they can hear her clearly. Fear not, my brave men, for there is strength in numbers and, in our numbers lies a very great amount of strength.  Should evil lie in these depths, it will break upon you like soft waves on stony cliffs.  Take heart in your fellows, breathe easy, and let us complete the task at hand.  And afterward we will regale all of Ptolus with the stories of what we have done here.  As Julia speaks, she summons her divine energy and casts Blessing of the Watch. All allies in a 50 ft burst, +1 Morale Bonus on Attacks and Saves against Fear effects for 12 hours. I assume that hits the entire party.

As the party reaches the end of the hallway, Julia is overcome with a sense of dread.  She steps forward and reaches out to Bharash.  You may not feel it now, Bharash, but the mercy you have shown, for whatever reason, has been noticed, and your deed will be rewarded.  I am certain of it.   As she speaks, with her hand upon Bharash’s elbow, Julia summons a small amount of her divine energy, which then emanates out of her fingers, forming a shimmering aura that quickly envelops Bharash’s entire body. Let’s make sure you stick around long enough to claim that reward, shall we? The corner of Julia’s mouth turns up in a wry smile.  Julia casts Shield of Faith on Bharash.  +4 Deflection Bonus to AC for 12 minutes.

===========================================================
Vogh
———————————————————–
“Well done Julia, though I would rather Deacon cast his spell to allow everyone to see in the dark that works as well.”

Vogh made sure that her spell Aram’s Zey Focus(lasts 12 mins) to detect traps was refreshed as it was getting close to running out itself.  Vogh then moved up to Tristan and Bharash.  “Make sure to keep your magical detection fresh so we aren’t surprised.  I will make sure there aren’t any normal traps as well.”  Vogh will be constantly checking as they move forward for any traps.

Once they got to the natural cave Vogh could sense some Stirges hanging around on the ceiling.  “There are some stirges up on the ceiling.  Not sure they will attack or not but just be prepared.  They can be rather difficult to attack but only inflict a little damage if they do manage to bite you.  It is strange that they are here though for they usually inhabit swampy areas.  There must be some sort of water source near.”

===========================================================
Talin
———————————————————–
Talkin takes back his blade from Julia with a rueful expression.  Well I guess it doesn’t make me any more of a target than singing a spell in the midst of combat.

Holding the Legendary Blade high, and admitting to himself that it does finally look its name, he mutters no point if they can’t see it

Listen well men, and I will sing a song of about the folly of those that would stand before so mighty a troup as ours, and I promise any with fell hearts who hear it will know the price of their actions.

Talin will begin to sing the song of Satire, causing -3 to attack and damage to enemies that hear it.    and remain behind Vogh leading Julia and the rest… with Lionel at his side of course.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
The group strode into the room, but the stirges did not stir. Everyone could smell the must of wet earth, and noticed either side of the cavern was quite damp. Moisture ran in tiny rivulets down the walls, almost like the walls were sweating, despite the even temperature. Even once the front men reached the center of the room, no attack came from above.

===========================================================
Deacon Havenhold
———————————————————–
When the rumbling from the soldiers began as the dancing lights went.  Deacon was about to cast his spell to give everyone the ability to see in the dark when Julia cast light on Talin’s magnificent blade.  It certainly outlined Talin and those near him.  Deacon said to Julia, “If we get close to the White House I would like you to dispel that light if you can.”

He continued to walk down the long passage until they reached the cavern.  True to what Vogh had said Deacon could smell the dampness of the place.  He wondered what else might be around hiding in the darkness.  One thing Deacon did though was readied himself to cast a spell if the Stirges did indeed attack.  Vogh said that they weren’t terrible foes but he wasn’t so sure she was being honest as opposed to giving the others confidence.

===========================================================
Kalerecent (NPC)
———————————————————–
Julia’s light on Talin’s blade eased the stress considerably as they moved down the hallways.  Hulgar’s words bit into the men as well.  He had worked long with each and every one of them for countless hours so he had faith in them but the darkness was ever a wicked enemy.  “Men, hold strong.  The others will ensure we have the ability to see.  It wouldn’t make any sense to bring us along if they didn’t,”  Julia then cast her blessing of the watch which seemed to strengthen them considerably.

For his part Kal stayed near his men along with Jaylen who walked beside him.  Hulgar pulled up the rear with his bow in his hand and an arrow to the string ready to shoot any time.  As the past the halfway portion of the cavern the sturges nor any other enemy for that matter, attacked the group.

===========================================================
Tristan (NPC)
———————————————————–
Tristan led the group alongside Bharash.  His magical detection constantly searching for anything out of the ordinary.  He welcomed Vogh just a step or two behind them as she said she would be looking for non-magical traps like pitfalls and the like.

He walked with Doomshadow in his hand ready to strike down any foe that might think him an easy meal.

Tristan will renew his detect magic spell every so often to make sure it doesn’t lapse.

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–
“Way to pile on the guilt Julia.” Bharash replies with a mild, affectionate sort of smile before he forges forwards, looking around the cavern for a few moments and – much as he did before in the long, carved hall the length of which could have exploded into fire and peril at any point – proposes his thoughts to the group at large “Alright, this is good ambush country. Keep the main body back a ways, I’ll go play canary and see if anything bites.” before setting word to deed and opening the distance a little with his stride, on the off-chance that something’s going to decide he’s a good enough target to start playing silly buggers with.

===========================================================
Narrator GM
———————————————————–
Bharash made it into the room and could see the creatures on the ceiling. Beady orbs looked back down at him, like the rocks had eyes, but none moved. The group was able to move through the cavern with ease. No attack came from above and everyone continued their cautious march through the always changing tunnel.

Variations in construction, age, and style made the subterranean passage feel like dozens of different corridors connected, interspersed with natural caverns and rock passages.

In the worked tunnels footing was relatively easy, with the exception of a few broken tiles and the like. The more natural caverns lacked smoothing and we’re treacherous at times.

It was obvious this passage was not often used. No footprints or disturbings gave indication anyone had been through recently.

Another natural stretch of stone tunnel connected with a worked stone passage. The walls and floor were all carved, not likely by a dwarven hand as the cuts were rough. Cracks had formed all along the walls, ceiling and floor.

Unfortunately for Tristan and Bharash, one such crack was a well disguised set of doors in the floor that opened and dumped them into a pit. The clever trap had not dumped them until they were halfway across the smooth stones doors, which afforded them not handholds or room to jump to safety.
To further their discomfort, Tristan and Bharash dropped fifty feet straight into a bubbling pit of acid!

Spanning the entire width of the thirty foot corridor the pit stretched fifty feet from end to end, with the duo burning directly in the center of the conflagration.

(Falling damage of 50 feet, with the first 10 feet being treated as non-lethal damage b/c acid is a ‘yielding surface’ brings the total to nonlethal damage 5 plus 17 lethal damage. Bharash takes no falling damage b/c of his ring.

This is essentially an Acid Pit Trap, but it’s 10 feet deep of acid instead of 5. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/acid-pit/

Each take an additional 9 damage from the acid burning and please reference the chart on the spell above for how your gear and self are affected.

Tristan and Bharash are in the middle of a 30 foot wide, by 50 foot long, and 60 feet deep – final 10 feet are acid – pit with very smooth sides.)

===========================================================
Bharash
———————————————————–

From the perspective of the rest of the party, Bharash vanishes, the big shiny Dragonborn dropping out of sight with a startled – but entirely vindicated – cry of “Called it!” which is almost immediately arrested as the power of his ring seizes him and his descent slows into a leisurely ten feet a second or so, giving him a fairly significant amount of time to see where he’s going to end up and grumble “If this ruins my sandwich, I am going to give someone such a smack…”

He’s in the process of using his free hand to snag his multi-tool, which in turn is in the process of transfiguring into an ice-axe suitable for climbing with as he descends.

There’s a full round for folks to act, so I’ll hold off posting the impact until we see what happens. ^_^

===========================================================

Back to Chapter 7 : No Party like a Kath Party | Next to Chapter 8 : Chaos Rising: Part 2